Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:48:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee  (Read 39610 times)
Annie
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »

Alot of people really do overanalyze alot of what Axl says.  hihi Take heart though, I read somewhere that people who overanalyze things have a much lesser incidence of Alzheimer's disease. Smiley
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:28 AM »

axl just added this:

Axl Rose

On Wednesday 17th February 2010, @axlrose said:

Correction: In rereading I realized I addressed the clothing nonsense as soon as I was made aware not when it 1st happened, my bad. I tend to avoid media n' the net when touring so as not to have whatever negative nonsense or those tryin' 2 stir trouble interfere w/either the show or time needed elsewhere in prep as well as other GNR business. Too much goin' on to b throwin' sand in some idiot's sandbox. Also my comments aren't based on these relatively minor issues they go a fair way back w/each of those mentioned n' unfortunately several others. We aren't lookin' 4 free rides or handouts, give those to those u been but if ya wanna play nice we can too in fact we'd love to. Can't say we didn't make the effort. Peace!!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »

Slash is just one big fat fucking jerk

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »

Wasn't Azoff a good manager though?

Oh My God i cant deny this...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »

Wasn't Azoff a good manager though?

Define "good".

Given his other job duties, which I can only guess are taking an awful lot of his time, I suspect he was unable to really dedicate himself to the task at hand.  That's not meant to make excuses for what he did (or didn't do) but it's a simple fact.

In addition, I've always thought it was a bit of a conflict of interests:  Managing a band and being the CEO of Ticketmaster.

As a band's manager, you're looking to get them the best deal, possible, on ticket sales.

As the CEO of Ticketmaster, you're looking to get the best deal, possible, for ticket sales.

How do you reconcile those two, exactly?  Granted, TM usually is working directly with a promoter, who's then working with the band's manager.

But when you're filling two (and, potentially, all 3) of those roles......Huh  Someone has to be your ultimate "master".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:35:10 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »

There's murder and there's homicide.  You don't have to strap someone down and inject them with drugs to commit negligent homicide.  Maybe Axl is referring to something like that.....that he thinks/knows/suspects/whatever that Slash played some part in Todd's demise.

I don't know much about laws etc for that kind of thing, but its not your fault if someone takes drugs and overdoses.  Actually, Slash even admitted to giving Todd a small dose.

Apparently he went off with some others for awhile and Slash reckons they gave him a bigger dose.

i don't know all the details, but i do know that every human being makes there own choices and no human being is responsible for the choices made by others.  The Todd thing sounded like a real bad situation.  Tragic.

The difference is this:

Slash's account and "other" accounts differ, wildly.  Again, not knowing what really happened...I don't know who would be liable for what.

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=29076.0

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=31210

IF (and that's a big if) some of the accusations in the above recountings were true....well, you can see where this all would come from.

I personally think they are bitter that Guns got so big and they didnt.  Why ask Guns for an intervention when they had fired him.
Clearly none of them were present that day and the guy made his own choice to take the drugs.

Has anyone here ever been with a friend on a crazy depressed binge?  Its quite difficult to stop.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 11:37:54 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4x8Kvf-HA

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »

i didnt know that, did he have a depression or something?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »

I personally think they are bitter that Guns got so big and they didnt.

Maybe....I don't know.  But...I'd expect that almost 20 years later that ship would have sailed, no?  They didn't comment on this issue until Slash' book came out and someone asked them about it.  It's not like, at the time, they were making waves about it.

Why ask Guns for an intervention when they had fired him.
Clearly none of them were present that day and the guy made his own choice to take the drugs.

Because they cared about Todd and it wasn't just about business?

You're right, none of them were there that day.  But then, neither were either of us.  Slash was.  Axl was (peripherally, at least, if I remember the story right).  

We know there have been other differing accounts (as noted by killingvector) that say Slash's account wasn't exactly what happened.  Jetboy seems to have gotten some of that same info.

I don't know what really happened.  You don't know what really happened.

But from the accounts we have, you can certainly see where Axl's inference came from.  Whether we think it's  true or not is beside the point, and something we'll never know.  All you have to acknowledge is that AXL might (with good reason, maybe) THINK it's true.

Has anyone here ever been with a friend on a crazy depressed binge?  Its quite difficult to stop.

At the point they pass out and are bascially clinically dead, it's pretty easy to intervene.  You call 911.  You DEFINITELY don't revive them, put them to bed, and leave them unattended.  And you don't, personally, shoot them up (twice??).  At least not if you don't want to shoulder responsibility for what happens afterwards.

I want to be uber-clear:  I don't KNOW that's what happened.  But that's what at least one account we have claims happened....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:47:29 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »

i didnt know that, did he have a depression or something?

Todd?

He was depressed over a break up with a long time girlfriend.

I don't know and have never heard about anything else....

Together again,
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »

At the point they pass out and are bascially clinically dead, it's pretty easy to intervene.  You call 911.  You DEFINITELY don't revive them, put them to bed, and leave them unattended.  And you don't, personally, shoot them up (twice??).  At least not if you don't want to shoulder responsibility for what happens afterwards.

I want to be uber-clear:  I don't KNOW that's what happened.  But that's what at least one account we have claims happened....

i don't know the truth either.  But Slash was very young and probably somewhat naive himself.  Had he of told Todd to bugger off earlier in the day, god knows what would have happened anyways.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »

If you love talking about any former members of the band, you can do say in the right section.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

If you love talking about any former members of the band, you can do say in the right section.

/jarmo

It was just a little off topic question, sorry about that

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 12:35:48 PM »

A little off topic isn't usually a problem. It's when the focus changes when it can be a problem.

Like in this case 99% of the letter is ignored in favor for speculation of a tiny part..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »

A little off topic isn't usually a problem. It's when the focus changes when it can be a problem.

Like in this case 99% of the letter is ignored in favor for speculation of a tiny part..

/jarmo

I think that's more because the rest of the statement is 100% clear (and, for the record, I back him 100% in those comments) , and this part isn't, necessarily, as clear.  At least, that's it for me.

But, while I disagree that it's off topic (because Axl essentially brought it up in the statement we're discussing), I'm perfectly willing and able to abandon discussion of the "tiny part" in deference to the forum moderator/owner.

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:42:46 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

The issue isn't really about trying to figure out what it means, it's the whole discussion that follows.

I don't really care about what any "biography" said in 2007 at this point. We had that discussion then....

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »

The issue isn't really about trying to figure out what it means, it's the whole discussion that follows.

I don't really care about what any "biography" said in 2007 at this point. We had that discussion then....

/jarmo

Fair enough.

I think to "figure out what it means", you sort of have to follow the discussion to it's logical conclusion, which involves the things you've now said you prefer we don't discuss in this thread.  It's kinda circular, unfortunately.

So...we (or at least I) won't.  No harm, no foul.   ok

Together again,
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »

Azoff is gone.

az off when? Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »

I don't know what happened with Azoff, but I'm not interested in dwelling on it either.

The only thing I know about Doc Mcghee is that he has managed Kiss and he was involved with Supergroup the show in which Sebastian Bach also appeared in.

But I know that Axl has made this decision, and that's all it takes for me to trust in it. Axl knows what he wants and who can take him there, so lets look forward to the exciting times ahead.   peace

Lee
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2010, 01:13:16 PM »

I don't know what happened with Azoff, but I'm not interested in dwelling on it either.

The only thing I know about Doc Mcghee is that he has managed Kiss and he was involved with Supergroup the show in which Sebastian Bach also appeared in.

But I know that Axl has made this decision, and that's all it takes for me to trust in it. Axl knows what he wants and who can take him there, so lets look forward to the exciting times ahead.   peace

Lee

I'm not sure why we even suspect it was a contentious parting of the ways.   I mean...MAYBE it was, but Axl's not been shy about addressing the failings of management in the past.  But no real rancor here...just the announcement of a new manager.

I think that, likely, Azoff's position as CEO of TM pretty much eliminated his ability to manage the band.  I would imagine that Axl and the band weren't  too skippy about it, but they can be frustrated and still understand the how's and why's.  I'd say it's at least somewhat likely that the band just told Azoff that, given his lack of time to dedicate to the band, they were going to find new management, and he was probably OK with that (maybe even a bit relieved).  Alternately, maybe,, when he got his promotion, he told them he'd no longer have time to manage them and just sort of did what he could until they found new representation. 

They may have actually AMICABLY parted ways (or at least somewhat amicably).  Smiley

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: