Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns is now managed by Doc McGhee  (Read 39543 times)
StardustGirl
Headliner

And though as long as this road seems...

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 07:35:55 AM »

I definitely don't want to start any sh** but I did not understand what that part of the tweet was saying and was curious if anybody knew. One theory is being discussed. What did you others think that portion of the tweet meant? The rest made sense but this part did not to me.

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night...
long live rock n' roll
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »

why do people assume he`s always talking about slash it was written in the context of the journalists also why dissect every word he writes as if there's a secret meaning behind them Axls pretty honest if he has something to say he wouldn`t do it in a coded term he`d say it  loud and clear stop raking up the past enjoy the now smoking

Yeah agree with this, if Axl wanted to say something, I think he track record shows that he would just say it. You shouldn't put two and two together and get five.

Just enjoy that the band are kicking ass, are happy so will hopefully keep touring and fingers crossed release more music and that we are hearing from Axl directly.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 09:09:16 AM »

I'm only guessing here but maybe he is talking about Todd Crew?

Maybe I understood him wrong, but if you're talking about this part:

"So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need "forgiven" for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold. So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome."

I just think Axl talks about bad journalism, journalists who have an agenda, who back someone up even though he did something wrong (especially politicians...), I think it was just metaphoric when he said "never killed no one...". I really don't think he was talking about Todd Crew, or Slash or anyone like that. Just my opinion though. Wink

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »

"So in closing...Fuck the LA Times, TMZ, Contact Music n' Spinner. I don't need "forgiven" for alleged n' fabricated nonsense. I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold. So if we happen to play your neighborhood or for that matter anywhere at anytime regardless of the circumstances, presales, public sales, give aways, even free shows consider yourself uninvited. It's a free country but you're formally n' publicly not welcome."

I just think Axl talks about bad journalism, journalists who have an agenda, who back someone up even though he did something wrong (especially politicians...), I think it was just metaphoric when he said "never killed no one...". I really don't think he was talking about Todd Crew, or Slash or anyone like that. Just my opinion though. Wink
I agree, I don't think he was talking about an actual death.  One theory that was floated around that sounded feasible was possibly he was talking about Slash and the "death" of the original lineup.  But I like your theory better.  We always read too much into these things and inevitably always think he must be talking about Slash.  But like someone said before, he hasn't ever been shy to speak out about Slash.  He doesn't go around speaking in codes about him.  If he wanted to say something about him, he'd say it.  So yeah, most likely he was just talking about the media.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »

I agree, I don't think he was talking about an actual death.  One theory that was floated around that sounded feasible was possibly he was talking about Slash and the "death" of the original lineup.  But I like your theory better.  We always read too much into these things and inevitably always think he must be talking about Slash.  But like someone said before, he hasn't ever been shy to speak out about Slash.  He doesn't go around speaking in codes about him.  If he wanted to say something about him, he'd say it.  So yeah, most likely he was just talking about the media.

Your both most likely right but in fairness, if he was referring to Todd, he might code a message like that.  its quite a big deal to make accusations like that. 

But id say its just Axl ranting and no harm was meant.  (to the Slash Theory)

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 09:47:05 AM »

To be honest, I think Axl has a lot of respect for Todd and all, but I highly doubt he even thinks about him when he writes something about some journalists and "irresponsible biased partisan politics" people... I really don't see the debate here.

I think some fans overanalyze everthing Axl says. He just rants about press and all, for the most part, and he's right, because most articles about surprise shows have been lame. Don't know about their "biased partisan politics" agenda though, but why not. Grin

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 09:57:22 AM »

I don't want to be someone who reads too much into this kind of stuff (maybe I am).   To me, though, it seems like this could be pretty clear ... there's no coded message.  Partisan politics in the media?  Obviously he's not referring actual politics, he's referring to Guns N' Roses/Axl media coverage.

What else does "go on back your boy" mean?  If he doesn't literally mean "backing someone" (and we all know how the media has been respectively towards Axl - "not their boy" and Slash - "their boy"), then I'd argue the "coded message" angle points more towards the notion that he doesn't mean Slash.  "Backing Slash" means enforcing the narrative of Axl being what he's most often accused of being, an egotistical jerk, which is the narrative that Slash and co started.  The most obvious and clear reading is that it means Slash....  not so sure about Todd Crew, but who knows.

And please, if someone knows better than I, tell me to shove it.  ok
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:00:32 AM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »

I was looking at Doc's profile on Wiki-he's managing maybe 4 or 5 bands-Night Ranger is the only one I'm familiar with-the Kiss machine just kind of goes on it's own-they just put an album out last year, so I don't think Doc has a ton on his plate, which is good-just from Supergroup on VH1 he seemed like a down to earth guy to me-he's kind of seen it all, obviously the music business has changed so much-he was funny when he cracked on the 1st song from the guys in supergroup when he said it sounded dated-Baz seems like a great guy and can rock, but Doc was right about some of the things he said on the show, I think

libertad
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »

I wonder what could happen with Azoff...

Sandrine
Headliner

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:46 AM »

Agree. In this part,  I think, Axl talks about journalists, maybe these kind of journalists who spread rumours without take the time to check if it's right or wrong, or if they could hurts people.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »

I'm not saying that's what he meant, for all I know he could be talking about anything! If he was talkign about someone actually being killed though (and again I'm not saying he was) than the Todd Crew thing was one possible explanation as one of Todd's former band mates gave an interview a few years ago saying Slash was responsible for Todd's death. Again though I'm not saying that's what Axl was talking about for sure.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »

Some people think Axl is referring to the Slash/Todd Crew Thing. (im not so sure)

Todd Crew overdosed on drugs while with Slash.

Can't see how Slash killed him though, unless he lied in his book and in reality, he strapped Todd down and injected drugs into him. 

Anyone who overdoses on drugs does it on their own accord.

I don't know what really occurred, since I wasn't there.  I don't know what Slash did, or didn't do, and I'm not going to even engage in any conjecture.

That being said:

There's murder and there's homicide.  You don't have to strap someone down and inject them with drugs to commit negligent homicide.  Maybe Axl is referring to something like that.....that he thinks/knows/suspects/whatever that Slash played some part in Todd's demise.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »

I don't see 'other members' and 'killed' in the same sentence or even paragraph anywhere, especially I don't see Todd Crew mentioned anywhere, so don't make up things that are not written ..
.. veljco

This is the statement:

"I've no respect for mean spirited aholes gettin' paid talkin' shit at other's expense or irresponsible biased partisan politics wanna be journalism by dated hacks. Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold.
"

The obvious inference is that many of the media outlets (and specifically those mentioned)  back Slash in the "political battle" waged between the two....and that is much of the reasoning/motivation behind the sometimes negative slant of the press GNR receives from certain outlets.

It doesn't take much "reading between the lines" to take Axl's meaning....just an understanding of the history of the band, and of some of the coverage of HIM by certain media outlets.

I'm not saying he's right, here (as, again, I can't even begin to guess at those outlet's motivations).  But that seems to be the point he's trying to make.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:49:29 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »

I'm not saying that's what he meant, for all I know he could be talking about anything! If he was talkign about someone actually being killed though (and again I'm not saying he was) than the Todd Crew thing was one possible explanation as one of Todd's former band mates gave an interview a few years ago saying Slash was responsible for Todd's death. Again though I'm not saying that's what Axl was talking about for sure.

If not, it was an incredibly bad analogy and a poor choice of words, all things considered.

Given Axl's gift for lyrics (and for not being afraid to speak his mind in favor of maintaining political correctness...something I really admire about him), I think the obvious meaning...the one most of us are getting from that bit...is likely the right one.  Maybe not.  But the prose would certainly lead you to that conclusion.  We'll see if he ever chooses to clarify.....

Together again,
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »

There's murder and there's homicide.  You don't have to strap someone down and inject them with drugs to commit negligent homicide.  Maybe Axl is referring to something like that.....that he thinks/knows/suspects/whatever that Slash played some part in Todd's demise.

I don't know much about laws etc for that kind of thing, but its not your fault if someone takes drugs and overdoses.  Actually, Slash even admitted to giving Todd a small dose.

Apparently he went off with some others for awhile and Slash reckons they gave him a bigger dose.

i don't know all the details, but i do know that every human being makes there own choices and no human being is responsible for the choices made by others.  The Todd thing sounded like a real bad situation.  Tragic.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:56:21 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 10:58:22 AM »

I agree pilferk. My first reaction: 'was Slash involved in the death of another human being?'  I think specifically this could be a veiled shot at the Todd Crew death and how it was represented in Slash's autobiography. There were one or two anonymous posters who were close to the band at the time (corroborated by corrections in timing, names, places which Slash messed up in the book) who directly said that Crew's death was not accurately described and was a BIG deal.

Personally, I can't wrap my head around Axl speaking that metaphorically about the death of the band or himself from Slash's actions. I think there is no doubt that 'ur boy' is Slash. The next sentence is just an IED ready to pop. I dunno....sounds quite to the point to me.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »

I wonder what could happen with Azoff...

I suppose that Azoff is way too busy to properly manage Guns N Roses, since he became Chairman and CEO of the new company Ticketmaster Entertainment.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 11:00:10 AM »

There's murder and there's homicide.  You don't have to strap someone down and inject them with drugs to commit negligent homicide.  Maybe Axl is referring to something like that.....that he thinks/knows/suspects/whatever that Slash played some part in Todd's demise.

I don't know much about laws etc for that kind of thing, but its not your fault if someone takes drugs and overdoses.  Actually, Slash even admitted to giving Todd a small dose.

Apparently he went off with some others for awhile and Slash reckons they gave him a bigger dose.

i don't know all the details, but i do know that every human being makes there own choices and no human being is responsible for the choices made by others.  The Todd thing sounded like a real bad situation.  Tragic.

There is a lot of gray area in Slash's description and it is impossible for any of us to know the truth.

Taken at face value, Axl may have implied that he does know.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »

http://www.bringbackglam.com/journal/2007/11/25/billy-rowe-talks-the-glam-years.html

This is the interview I'm talking about. Billy specifically says Slash was responsible for what happened to Todd.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »

The difference is this:

Slash's account and "other" accounts differ, wildly.  Again, not knowing what really happened...I don't know who would be liable for what.

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=29076.0

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=31210

IF (and that's a big if) some of the accusations in the above recountings were true....well, you can see where this all would come from.

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: