Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot Interviewed by Ultimate Guitar
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot Interviewed by Ultimate Guitar  (Read 5977 times)
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21:27 AM »

Here is a link to the second part

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/hit_the_lights/bumblefoot_chinese_democracy_is_gnrs_white_album_the_beatles.html

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »

Very good interview!!!  drool
Bumble is a great man,  ok

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »

Best interview i've read in years.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »

Best interview i've read in years.

I have to agree. This is the most in-depth interview I've read in a long time.

I hope we get more of this with the other members of GN'R. the interview with Frank was really good as well.

Anyone know what happened to the questions we posted here on the forum? Would be great if they picked it up now, the momentum is definitely there. It would be really cool of them if they took the time to answer a few of them. Jarmo, any chance you could check that out?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:14:35 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 06:57:44 PM »

Thanks for posting part 2, more good stuff...

Cheesy

What is it like to work with Axl Rose? You obviously have those who comment on forums, thinking they know everything, saying "Axl acts like this" and all that rubbish. But what is it actually like to work with the man?

All the people that don't know anything are the ones who do all the talking (laughs). They try to fool everyone into thinking that they have an idea about how things are. It's like working with anyone else - it's fine. It's just normal, at least to me. It's just pretty normal, and the funny thing is if I say something positive, the response to that from the sceptics is "Oh, he's getting paid to say that" (laughs). One thing I've realized is there's no truth in this; it's only entertainment, and people believe what entertains them the most. Truth is irrelevant; I can tell the truth, and if it's not entertaining enough, people will call you a liar. The truth, as boring as it is, is that it's fine. Since I've joined the group, we immediately went on tour, and we finished recording 'Chinese Democracy', and the album came out. That's it.

Some disgruntled Guns N' Roses fans make the comment that the group's current lineup isn't Guns N' Roses, but is actually Axl Rose's solo project. What is your response to that?

They're right in their own mind if it isn't Guns N' Roses as they define Guns N' Roses. If you don't like calling it Guns N' Roses, call it G N' R, and if that makes you feel better, then good. That's what I like to call it - G N' R. If you feel Guns N' Roses is so strongly defined by the members that were on its debut album, fine, call this G N' R and find something else to cry about - something worthwhile. There's bigger problems in the world than what a band is calling itself. Jesus, it's fucking rock 'n' roll. We're just going out there, playing, and having a good time. Call it G N' R and enjoy it, that's all. That's my suggestion if the name's really a problem for anyone - if you wanna listen to Guns N' Roses, put on the 'Appetite' album, be happy, and if you wanna listen to G N' R, put on 'Chinese Democracy' and come to a show.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »

As expected part 2 is just like the first, brilliant. I totally get what he's saying about the Beatles and Guns N' Roses evolution comparisson. I remember him saying it on Eddie Trunk in late 2008, he explained it really well back then as well.

I also like what he says about wanting to create new songs, instead of just adding to something that's more or less complete. I have a feeling that when the time does come to start recording more material, Rons going to create some really amazing stuff. You just have to listen to his discography to realise, that just like Tommy,Chris and Dizzy, he knows how to create exceptional songs.
Then you add in the rest of the band, Richards solid rhythm, Franks heavy drums and Ashbas tasty riffs. All this along with Axls vocals and guidance, and you've got a musical explosion.

Lee     
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:40:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
alimari
Rocker

Hey you, yeah you, not you, you over there... hi!

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »

Q: So you feel indebted to the fans, really?

Oh, hell yeah. That's why I'm always trying to come up with things, like for the Canadian shows I'm working with these radio stations and websites to give free tickets and backstage passes, and guitar lessons. (...)

I hope to see BBF doing the same in South America!  beer

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »

Once again, Ron has shown himself to be the right guy, at the right time, and - truly - in the right place...I hope we are blessed with some Ron co-written songs!  We all truly owe you a debt, man...you AND your guitars suck!    ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »

the guy is honest, and has the best ideas for the band.

to me he's the real lead guitarist.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 02:32:13 PM »

the guy is honest, and has the best ideas for the band.

to me he's the real lead guitarist.

Agreed. It's inspiring to see how much he's chomping at the bit to get back into the studio and crank out new albums with Guns.  I can't wait to see what ideas he has.
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »

The interview was excellent.  A lot of things from 2006 now make sense, especially Ron looking and sounding uncomfortable on the stage sometimes, though he still did a fantastic job.

On this tour, he is electrifying to hear and see, as it seems now he has all the gear he needs and permission to sing background vocals!  He has done brilliantly on those by the way.  The two shows I saw in Canada he nailed the background vocals on a consistent basis.  I have been complaining about that since 2006, as many of the new songs need backing vocals to really allow Axl to sing the songs as strong as he can live.

Love Ron's dreams and wishes about a compound, and getting in the studio with this band.

However, I couldn't help but get Gilby Clarke flashbacks when reading it.  Shocked
Careful what you wish for, Ron!  Tongue

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »

Really great interview, best I have read recently.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »

The best since "Tip of the Iceberg".

Lou
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 03:37:17 PM »

That was a brilliant interview. Bumblefoot is awesome Smiley

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »

it's about entertainment and perception, not truth. The truth is it's a band, just like many other bands that write and record and tour, but if people don't wanna see that, it doesn't change what we are.

If you feel Guns N' Roses is so strongly defined by the members that were on its debut album, fine, call this G N' R and find something else to cry about - something worthwhile. There's bigger problems in the world than what a band is calling itself. Jesus, it's fucking rock 'n' roll. We're just going out there, playing, and having a good time. Call it G N' R and enjoy it, that's all.

beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »

interesting insight into what was going on during the time he came into the fold..

explains a lot about merck and why he's no longer involved..

great interview, one of the best since Axl came here and talked to us.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

interesting insight into what was going on during the time he came into the fold..

explains a lot about merck and why he's no longer involved..

great interview, one of the best since Axl came here and talked to us.
I'd say easily the best! ron's a fucking great part of this band, i'd love for his wishes about the band came true Smiley
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »

Fucking great interview!  Ron is such a class act...I can't wait to see what the band can cook up in the studio.
 beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »

Really great interview, best I have read recently.

I agree.

Very informative. I had no idea how much Bumble had to do with the recording of CD. His fingerprints are all over it. The extended delay beyond the April '07 release date now makes sense. And proved its worth.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »

Best Bumblefoot interview iv seen, finally he reveals something!  ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: