Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:09:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR On This Weeks Billboard 'Hot Tours'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR On This Weeks Billboard 'Hot Tours'  (Read 11354 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

No Jarmo. I don't think "my Country is better then your country." I was stating something as fact regarding the way U.S. made entertainers are received around the world, compared to other countries offerings. Its laughable when someone like Jackson was planning his comeback tour but had to do it in other countries. David Hasslehoff blows and is laughable but, in other countries, he is a megastar musician. That is funny shit. Michael Jackson having monster sold out shows in the U.S. is a much bigger deal although it is a much higher mountain to climb.

Fact. Its easier for a U.S. made entertainer to have big shows outside the U.S. for a reason. That was my point. And really man, you have known me for a long time here. When would I ever say something like my country is better then your county. That is bullshit, true. But that is far from what I said.

Here is a post by kukol1978 from another thread:

and I quote,
"In the scandinavian countries the rock bands and metal bands are gods like they use to be back in the 80s"

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:06:22 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:09 AM »

You go on and on about the same shit.

If this kind of news doesn't interest you, then stay out.

Whining about it is boring.

GN'R is headlining venues all over the world (outside the USA) at the moment, and instead of being happy about it, you like to take over the thread with your pointless whining.

I hope you're proud.

One of the most popular sporting events in the world is currently taking place in South Africa. Just because some of you Americans aren't interested, doesn't make it less important on a global scale. Same thing with GN'R. Just because these dates didn't take place in your country, doesn't make them less impressive.

It only shows your ignorance to the world outside of your own country.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:08:44 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »

Prestige speaking.... isn't it more prestigious for a band to land the big numbers somewhere in the U.S. rather then in one of the 3rd world countries? (yea yea I know some of these aren't 3rd world so relax). Its like yea Hasselhoff had some big numbers in Germany but, it's Germany. Michael jackson was planning a big tour in some other country but, couldn't get it together for the U.S.

I think its more impressive to get the numbers from the U.S. The Beatles. They said they knew they made it big, when they hit big in the U.S.

God, what a dumb post.  Roll Eyes
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

You go on and on about the same shit.

If this kind of news doesn't interest you, then stay out.

Whining about it is boring.

GN'R is headlining venues all over the world (outside the USA) at the moment, and instead of being happy about it, you like to take over the thread with your pointless whining.

I hope you're proud.

One of the most popular sporting events in the world is currently taking place in South Africa. Just because some of you Americans aren't interested, doesn't make it less important on a global scale. Same thing with GN'R. Just because these dates didn't take place in your country, doesn't make them less impressive.

It only shows your ignorance to the world outside of your own country.

/jarmo

Pow bang zing!

Pointless whining? Dude, I have never said anything bad about another country. Who said I am not happy? Your Illusions are getting the best of you today. I just thoroughly enjoyed watching the GN'R concert from Sao Paulo. I am proud of GN'R. Damn you got me all wrong. I am there biggest fan and supporter and was probably one long before you. Being critical of something you love makes me a real fan. Go to sternfannetwork sometime and see how hard on Howard Howard Stern fans are there. But they are his best fans, in the world. You are sorely miss guided here Jarmo, respectfully. Everyone has a bad day, so I won't hold this against you. Its now in the past but, don't pretend to know me or my intentions when you clearly don't have a clue. I respect you, and I always have. Whatever, have a good day.

oh and requiem156, go fuck yourself.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »

How come many others have reacted the same way to your comments?

You and your so called prestige.  Roll Eyes

You make it sound like people outside the USA are stupid because some actually like David Hasselhoff. So therefore it means nothing when GN'R plays shows for thousands of people at every show outside the US.

According to you, it's more prestigious to sell out shows in the USA where people like things like Poison, NASCAR, wrestling or whatever else they're force fed by reality television. Good for you!

If I had said something similar against the USA, you know what would've happened.

But for Americans, apparently it's ok to post remarks like you did about the rest of the world.... Ironic.

Next time you want to make close minded remarks about the world outside your own country, please don't bother.

All Americans who were hurt by my above comments, relax. I'm just making a point that not everything is so "prestigious" in the USA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

I speak for me. For me. I don't even pretend to speak for others in the U.S. I represent myself. If I say something that sounds stupid, Ironic, dumb, or whatever you or anyone else want to call it, just understand that I speak only for myself. I am not an ambassador. I know that is shocking but, its true.

For the record, a lot agreed with Hitler but, that doesn't make him right or justify his intentions. I have stood alone all too often. I know I say things using words that get misconstrued and taken the wrong way. That is something I have to work on. But, I was making a singular observation. Hasslehoff is a running joke here, all over the media, and with the sprockets connection from SNL its a running punchline with him. You like him, fine. But if you think I mean that as GN'R sucks, then that is psycho talk. I get into to many fights and have defended GN'R way to much for years to let you think otherwise.

I think you know my love for GN'R and GN'R fans. I have partied with many from here over the years. That is something I don't think many here can claim. And you know this. I don't even know why we are getting into it but, that last thing I wanted was to bring you negativity. But, if you are annoyed or something, I will leave. Life is too short and we are all so fucking lucky that we even exist at all. This is borderline ridiculous really.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »

METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, AC/DC On 'Hot Tours' Chart - June 10, 2010

According to Billboard.com, METALLICA ranks No. 2 this week on the Hot Tours chart based on box office totals from tours in Latin American countries during the first half of the year from promoters T4F and Evenpro/Water Brother. Evenpro/Water Brother handled the band's concerts in Peru (Jan. 19), Costa Rica (March 7), Panama (March Cool, Colombia (March 10) and Venezuela (March 12). T4F's date was in Santiago, Chile (Jan. 26). The South and Central American shows were part of METALLICA's World Magnetic Tour that began in October 2008 and is scheduled to continue through November. Box office stats from T4F and Evenpro/Water Brother also helped GUNS N' ROSES and AC/DC land a ranking on this week's Hot Tours list, at Nos. 6 and 7, respectively.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141386

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »

You think I'm a fan of Hasselhoff?   rofl

And you know this. I don't even know why we are getting into it but, that last thing I wanted was to bring you negativity.

A bunch of people took your comments that way.

Instead of "that's awesome!" it became "well it's cool but it doesn't really mean anything because it wasn't in the USA"....

/jarmo

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:34 PM »

For the record, a lot agreed with Hitler but, that doesn't make him right or justify his intentions.

And, Godwin's Law is in play. Why don't you just admit that your post made no sense and quit while you're ahead? As an American, I can say it come off as incredibly ethnocentric.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:04:09 PM by requiem156 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »

Maybe we could make that "some" Americans.  Smiley

But for Americans, apparently it's ok to post remarks like you did about the rest of the world.... Ironic.

Just to be clear...

I speak for me. For me. I don't even pretend to speak for others in the U.S. I represent myself. If I say something that sounds stupid, Ironic, dumb, or whatever you or anyone else want to call it, just understand that I speak only for myself. I am not an ambassador. I know that is shocking but, its true.

And these tour numbers for GNR are impressive.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »

METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, AC/DC On 'Hot Tours' Chart - June 10, 2010

According to Billboard.com, METALLICA ranks No. 2 this week on the Hot Tours chart based on box office totals from tours in Latin American countries during the first half of the year from promoters T4F and Evenpro/Water Brother. Evenpro/Water Brother handled the band's concerts in Peru (Jan. 19), Costa Rica (March 7), Panama (March Cool, Colombia (March 10) and Venezuela (March 12). T4F's date was in Santiago, Chile (Jan. 26). The South and Central American shows were part of METALLICA's World Magnetic Tour that began in October 2008 and is scheduled to continue through November. Box office stats from T4F and Evenpro/Water Brother also helped GUNS N' ROSES and AC/DC land a ranking on this week's Hot Tours list, at Nos. 6 and 7, respectively.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141386

UFFF... OMG, You Imagine Whit Video Clip BETTER

drool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: