Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR On This Weeks Billboard 'Hot Tours'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR On This Weeks Billboard 'Hot Tours'  (Read 11356 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 04:32:49 AM »

So does Billboard have any data from South America?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »

I don't think so.  Saw this posted at www.gnrevolution.com a few days ago.

Hot Tours at Billboard this week

$1,677,431 gross
Jan. 24-31
Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario 
Air Canada Centre, Toronto 
Scotiabank Place, Ottawa 
22,505 sold (29,200) capacity for all 3 venues

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »

smoking

Guns N' Roses ranks No. 2 for the week based on ticket sales from four concerts in Brazil and one in Argentina.  Top-grosser was Est?dio Palestra Italia in S?o Paulo (March 13) with $3 million earned at the box office and 34,872 in attendance.  Another stadium date, Estadio V?lez S?rsfield in Buenos Aires on March 22 drew over 35,000 fans.  The five reported March dates on the band's Chinese Democracy World Tour grossed a combined total of $8.4 million.

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-metallica-guns-n-roses-coldplay-1004081618.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/hot-tours-metallica-guns-n-roses-coldplay-1004081618.story?tag=hpfeed

GUNS N' ROSES
$8,483,424

March 7-22

Gin?sio Nilson Nelson, Bras?lia, Brazil (1/0)
Mineirinho, Belo Horizonte, Brazil (1/0)
Est?dio Palestra It?lia, S?o Paulo, Brazil (1/0)
Gigantinho, Porto Alegre, Brazil (1/0)
Estadio V?lez S?rsfield, Buenos Aires, Argentina (1/0)
110,327 (125,785)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:46:45 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

so we can asume chinese has been paid of rofl
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »

35,000 in argentina?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »

Excelent Info !! Thanks

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »

Nice, GNR had a higher % of tickets sold over Metallica for what it's worth.  87% to 71%.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 10:44:06 PM »

Death Magnetic:

- Full Promotion
- Video Clips
- Interviews
- Tour

Chinese Democracy

- N O T H I N G

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 05:20:43 PM »

New numbers are in, GN'R places #6 this week (a few South/Central America dates)

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-depeche-mode-metallica-glee-1004097385.story?tag=hpfeed#/events/hot-tours-depeche-mode-metallica-glee-1004097385.story?tag=hpfeed

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »

^^Not bad.  Cool

Rank   Artist/Event
Total Gross
Show Dates
Show Venue/City (Shows/Sellouts)
Total Attendance (Capacity)

GUNS N' ROSES
$7,093,524
March 18-April 11
Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uraguay (1/0)
Movistar Arena, Santiago (1/0)
Estadio Monumental, Lima (1/0)
Estadio Ol?mpico Atahualpa, Quito, Ecuador (1/0)
Pra?a da Apoteose, Rio de Janeiro (1/0)
Plaza Figali, Panama City, Panama (1/0)
Estadio Cuscatl?n, San Salvador, El Salvador (1/0)
120,022 (199,591)

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »

Not really a realistic list though... They basing it on the reports they got, where some artists have 20 shows, and another one 2 shows.

Even so, Guns did very well in Latin America!  beer

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »

The biggest place I ever saw GN'R was either at the Rose Bowl or the L.A. Coliseum. One of them had 80,000 in attendance.

Prestige speaking.... isn't it more prestigious for a band to land the big numbers somewhere in the U.S. rather then in one of the 3rd world countries? (yea yea I know some of these aren't 3rd world so relax). Its like yea Hasselhoff had some big numbers in Germany but, it's Germany. Michael jackson was planning a big tour in some other country but, couldn't get it together for the U.S.

I think its more impressive to get the numbers from the U.S. The Beatles. They said they knew they made it big, when they hit big in the U.S.

I know its more work but the rewards are certainly greater. Its just much much easier to play for these other countries. Maybe its because of the lack of any home grown stars to compete with. In my opinion and being a long time fan, this just isn't GN'R's way. Back in the day they use to say they considered themselves like a gang. And they would kick the shit out people, and other bands with their music.

Axl certainly still has the talent and ability as Chinese Democracy clearly demonstrates. I just hope its not a lack of that fire. I miss the fire sometimes.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 08:29:58 PM »

Not really a realistic list though... They basing it on the reports they got, where some artists have 20 shows, and another one 2 shows.

Yeah, and the time frame they use isn't consistent, but I suppose it's difficult to compare tours.

But nice to see GNR made the list again and 7 million in one month on tour is impressive.

Christian
VIP

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »

The biggest place I ever saw GN'R was either at the Rose Bowl or the L.A. Coliseum. One of them had 80,000 in attendance.

Prestige speaking.... isn't it more prestigious for a band to land the big numbers somewhere in the U.S. rather then in one of the 3rd world countries? (yea yea I know some of these aren't 3rd world so relax). Its like yea Hasselhoff had some big numbers in Germany but, it's Germany. Michael jackson was planning a big tour in some other country but, couldn't get it together for the U.S.

I think its more impressive to get the numbers from the U.S. The Beatles. They said they knew they made it big, when they hit big in the U.S.

I know its more work but the rewards are certainly greater. Its just much much easier to play for these other countries. Maybe its because of the lack of any home grown stars to compete with. In my opinion and being a long time fan, this just isn't GN'R's way. Back in the day they use to say they considered themselves like a gang. And they would kick the shit out people, and other bands with their music.

Axl certainly still has the talent and ability as Chinese Democracy clearly demonstrates. I just hope its not a lack of that fire. I miss the fire sometimes.
How could you be so stupid?
U.S isn't the world's center
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2010, 09:55:23 PM »

Yeah, that would be the inner core, and it would be way too hot for GNR to have a show there.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:46 AM »

Are you high? Excluding England, Japan, and China, what numbers from other countries can even compare to the U.S. entertainment industry. Run some numbers Christian. You telling me the U.S. doesn't have the most Stars, blockbuster films, musicians, and personalities loved the world over? Are you really that dense? Think dude, think.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »

Are you high? Excluding England, Japan, and China, what numbers from other countries can even compare to the U.S. entertainment industry. Run some numbers Christian. You telling me the U.S. doesn't have the most Stars, blockbuster films, musicians, and personalities loved the world over? Are you really that dense? Think dude, think.

If you're talking about quantity, sure, I agree. But if you're talking about worth and quality, I disagree 100%. I'm not sure prestige is the right word...media coverage and money, yeah, but not prestige.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 03:53:15 AM »

If you're talking about quantity, sure, I agree. But if you're talking about worth and quality, I disagree 100%. I'm not sure prestige is the right word...media coverage and money, yeah, but not prestige.
Amen

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:37 AM »

It's the usual "my country is better than your country" bullshit.

Selling X tickets still means you sold X tickets. No matter where you did so.

I think it's great that GN'R are listed up there. Proves that people still care and that's great. But instead of being happy about that, we have some that try to twist it around because GN'R isn't playing in their own country.  Roll Eyes

That tour was unique in many ways. For example, people who bitch about GN'R not selling out every show often ignore the simple fact that GN'R played multiple shows in places where many other bands don't even go.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 07:35:07 AM »

It's the usual "my country is better than your country" bullshit.

Selling X tickets still means you sold X tickets. No matter where you did so.

I think it's great that GN'R are listed up there. Proves that people still care and that's great. But instead of being happy about that, we have some that try to twist it around because GN'R isn't playing in their own country.  Roll Eyes

That tour was unique in many ways. For example, people who bitch about GN'R not selling out every show often ignore the simple fact that GN'R played multiple shows in places where many other bands don't even go.

/jarmo

I am sure that with 15-20 dates in Us arena's gnr would have soldout shows...but gnr have more dates ,so some of them have small audience
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: