Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Perform At Grammy Awards Show Tonight  (Read 34836 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »

Pretty bad considering he just played on a Rihanna song, too.

At the Super Bowl next week he and Will i Am (Blacked Eyed Peas) are releasing a remix version of The Who's "My Generation."

It is Slashmania out there right now as he is popping up everywhere, and if it seems bad now, just wait until it kicks into hyper drive when he releases his album in April.

Yes, getting out of control.  The End of Days are near... 
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »

OMG, Slash played live on a bad song!!!!!  KILL HIM, KILL HIM AT ONCE!!!!    Roll Eyes

It's not just that he played on a bad song, but with a bunch of completely lame, talentless wannabes. Jaime Foxx is a good actor and that's what he should stick to. Slash is starting to become a joke, and he's already proven to be a hypocrite. Teenage Slash would've bitchslapped the sell-out Slash we see now.

Here Today . . .
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »

OMG, Slash played live on a bad song!!!!!  KILL HIM, KILL HIM AT ONCE!!!!    Roll Eyes

It's not just that he played on a bad song, but with a bunch of completely lame, talentless wannabes. Jaime Foxx is a good actor and that's what he should stick to. Slash is starting to become a joke, and he's already proven to be a hypocrite. Teenage Slash would've bitchslapped the sell-out Slash we see now.

this is true.. but i dont care about that.   Its to be expected these das.

only thing that bothers me is the whoring of a classic Guns N' Roses song (which he admittedly didn't like or want to do) like this and butchering it with Jamie Foxx.

Just like that Paradise City bullshit that was released with Cypress Hill/Fergie.  Dude should focus on his own songs.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2010, 01:15:36 AM »

I know he was a great part of GNR< and its history.. but I seriously would wish he would stand more on really his things, .. ya know new things, like new things..but in the scheme of things, today and now after how many yrs .. he chose that and butchered himself with it.. thats fucked upped just plain and simple.......!!

Didn't he just donate a brand new unreleased song for the people of Haiti?  Doesn't he have a new solo album coming out?

I really hope its great stuff, I hope he can move on, and showcase his stuff now, my point is, he uses a solo he created and BUTCHERED it, when thre is so much more I HOPE he can do! Oh, I guess, he is trying to erase the band he last had so much love for.......... so whatever!!!!!!!!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2010, 02:52:36 AM »

I read the comments first and then watched the video and WOW!  Some of you haters need to chill the fuck out.
I think Slash was onstage for under one minute and as D pointed out, he was intentionally playing the NR outro in a different position on the fretboard.  (Like he often did on the UYI tour). 

Some of you need to realize that musicians like to jam.  Amazing how quickly everyone forgets the awesome LAYN show were Slash nailed every single note.

Its also funny how some people try to point out that Slash is just a "blues player" and then he does something different like Mother Maria.

You guys get funnier all the time.  I bet you all hate the solo album already?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2010, 03:36:23 AM »

I read the comments first and then watched the video and WOW!  Some of you haters need to chill the fuck out.
I think Slash was onstage for under one minute and as D pointed out, he was intentionally playing the NR outro in a different position on the fretboard.  (Like he often did on the UYI tour). 

Some of you need to realize that musicians like to jam.  Amazing how quickly everyone forgets the awesome LAYN show were Slash nailed every single note.

Its also funny how some people try to point out that Slash is just a "blues player" and then he does something different like Mother Maria.

nopew just commenting on his renditon, , and suck slash all you want, it sucked!!!,
and further I hope he has a great solo album, I am anticipating him finally breaking away and creating memorible solos again, something that he did at one time... you miss my point I guess, but hey whatever!.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2010, 03:55:05 AM »

I must say that was very amusing. I just had to laugh at that. He was out of tune at the start and I can't figure out how the NR outro fits in with  ... whatever it is that the others were doing. I'll chalk this down to another poor decision by Slash to get involved in that 'performance' and hope he just disassociates himself a bit from Will.i.am.crap and the Black Eyed Peas in the future, for his own good.  In the run up to the album however, this doesn't really matter.

Fuck 'Em All.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:58 AM »

nopew just commenting on his renditon, , and suck slash all you want, it sucked!!!,
and further I hope he has a great solo album, I am anticipating him finally breaking away and creating memorible solos again, something that he did at one time... you miss my point I guess, but hey whatever!.

That wasnt aimed at you.   Smiley
but instead at the usual people who never credit Slash when he does something awesome but pop up quickly as soon as he does something like this.
The people that hate his solo album already.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2010, 04:30:25 AM »

I dont think Slash played particuarly badly, but as a whole the spectacle was excrutiatingly bad, it was bloody awful  no

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2010, 06:24:40 AM »

Well, that was certainly fucking embarrassing.

Way to be a whore, Slash.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Nikolis-Godfather
Opening Act

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2010, 06:50:18 AM »

hey guys... relax
he just try many different things... some are awesome and some others not for watching (ex: the grammys awards)... i just didnt't like it... but this doesn't mean slash is over or anyhting else
it seems that he tries to combine rock with other kinds of music... sometimes fits and sometimes... Lips Sealed

he's Slash... the same person who made a successful career with GNR! that's enough for me!

The Best, The Best, Axl Rose is the Best...
Every time i listen him i feel a pressure in my chest
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2010, 07:42:14 AM »

wow, that was insanely bad.. i've never heard that solo been played worse than that, lucky for him it was so low in the mix... i could go on but there's no need hihi
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2010, 07:46:06 AM »

he's Slash... the same person who made a successful career with GNR! that's enough for me!

Exactly.  if only everyone thought the same Smiley

I agree that this sucks.  I just don't understand why he does these Jams.  maybe its boredom, maybe it helps keep him off drink, drugs and cigarettes, maybe perla pushes him into it.

Im a huge fan of Slash's playing and HIS projects, but he could lose all these jams with BEP and other rappers.  His work in GNR, contraband and his solo stuff so far is awesome.

Having said that, lets look at the profile of some other cool rockstars.

Ozzy - Did the Osbournes and released a single with Kelly.
Dave Navarro - That reality TV show with Carmen Electra, jamming with christina aguilera.
Alica Cooper - did some commercial for TVs.
Iggy Pop - has done a number of commercials.
Brian May and Roger Taylor - Appeared on X Factor.
Jimmy Page - played kashmir with P Diddy.
Steve Tyler and Joe Perry - appeared in a movie and played Cryin with Christina Milian.
GNR - played instrumental of We are Beautiful at a number of shows.

All these things could be considered "selling out" but then we'd have no rockstars left.  You gotta grow up and not let shit like this upset you.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »

I think the Black Eyed Peas are a bad influence on him. Whenever he does crap like this, you can be sure either Fergie or Will.i.am are involved. He needs to get some new friends.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2010, 08:22:12 AM »

Dave Navarro - That reality TV show with Carmen Electra, jamming with christina aguilera.
Steve Tyler and Joe Perry - appeared in a movie and played Cryin with Christina Milian.
you just compared playing a great song as a solo during live shows with reality shows and shooting stupid commercials
kinda messed up man..
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2010, 08:29:08 AM »

None of these are musical arguments. Brian and Roger have done tons of criticizable things, specially Brian, but i've never seen Brian playing the innuendo solo badly, out of tune, and overalll: SADLY, with a bunch of fucking rappers, just to seek some attention and $$$.

ANd that was one of the most incredible rock/rap mashups ever done. That was a rapper singing his style over a perfectly well played masterpiece. There's no way you can make a parallelism between these 2 performances.

Again, not a musical argument here. If Slash wants to appear in Teletubbies I would never say anything about that.

What's the problem with that? how many other instrumental things GNR has done better than that song? Except for that ''christina aguilera > gay'' complex some of you may have, I dont think there's any problem to play a Linda Perry song in a GNR concert. To me, ''Beautiful'' is the most *beautiful* guitar solo / guitar duet GNR has ever done (today's Richard James Bond Theme fucking rocks too).

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:23 AM »

None of these are musical arguments. Brian and Roger have done tons of criticizable things, specially Brian, but i've never seen Brian playing the innuendo solo badly, out of tune, and overalll: SADLY, with a bunch of fucking rappers, just to seek some attention and $$$.

Slash didnt play it out of tune though.  he played it on a different part of the fretboard, obviously intentionally unless he no longer remembers his frets.
As far as i know artists don't get paid to play at the grammies so that rules out the $$$.
Rappers are more credible to me than X Factor or American idol wannabes.

Maybe for you its a muscial arguement but most people are criticizing the principle. 

If its a musical arguement, he is intentionally playing the part in a different position on the fretboard and he is so low in the mix that its hard to make out anyways.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »

Dude was married to Carmen and the song he did w/ Christina Aguilera was great
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »

Apparently Slash has a great song on the solo album with Fergie though, yet some people (not you) put the idea down all the time.

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »

Apparently Slash has a great song on the solo album with Fergie though, yet some people (not you) put the idea down all the time.

If you WANT to dislike something you will end of story.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: