Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Kimi R?ikkonen driving WRC rally car, uses CD for video!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kimi R?ikkonen driving WRC rally car, uses CD for video!  (Read 6677 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

Who said it's a demo version?

Just because you decided it?

What's your problem? You honestly think Kimi would put something not approved by GN'R on his site?

Really?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »

What's your problem? You honestly think Kimi would put something not approved by GN'R on his site?

Really?

/jarmo

Extreme case, let's say it's not a "demo version."

But it definitely is not the version that ended up on the album!  The one that is currently available at Best Buy stores in the United States, and sold in music stores around the world and online.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »

Really?

/jarmo

Yes its the demo version. I actually prefer this one, I love the drumming, its got such a sweet groove. But I do miss Ron's additions to the verses, they were real nice.

what a surprise.  especially when no mention of the song is made in the thread title.
to me it somewhat sounds different there than on my copy esp the vocal
thought so too, kinda odd..

That?s one of the demos, not the final CD version.

Yeap, no Ron.. I think no Frank either.

I'm not the only one... And like i said I'm sure he won't post anything without the approval of GNR, im just saying that the person that edited the video for Kimi, could have uploaded a demo version of CD.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »

Did you ever think that maybe they just used an alternative mix that fit their needs?

Why would they even need an illegally downloaded demo version when they can get in touch with the original performers?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »

Did you ever think that maybe they just used an alternative mix that fit their needs?

Why would they even need an illegally downloaded demo version when they can get in touch with the original performers?

/jarmo

I don't know, I can't speak for their actions, which happen to be truly bogus.

They could not use the album mix to fit their needs?  They used a subpar mix (as in, a mix that was not good enough to be put on the album) to make that video.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 05:23:31 PM »

/jarmo

Sure, an alternative mix could have been used, which to us sounds a lot like the demo versions.

Like i said before the editor could have uploaded it to the video by mistake instead of the actual track.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

It's funny how someone who is just on tour with Guns N' fucking Roses finds the time and the nerve to discuss such bullshit matters.

Touring must be boring...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:29:54 PM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

It's funny how someone who is just on tour with Guns N' fucking Roses finds the time and the nerve to discuss about such bullshit matters.

I'm sure he is having a blast, but its also his forum.
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »

I like this version. Sounds... crispier?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 05:44:11 PM »

I dont get why you people are arguing about this? Kimi is a friend of Axl's so obviously he got permission to use whatever version this is for the video. That should be the end of discussion, but no some of you people always have to find SOMETHING to bitch about.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

/jarmo

I love it, we all knew that there were bunch of alternative mixes of each song - and I for one was always hoping to hear them in one form or another.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 08:58:24 PM »

It's funny how someone who is just on tour with Guns N' fucking Roses finds the time and the nerve to discuss such bullshit matters.

I'm having a fucking blast thank you very much. It's awesome to be able to see the best band in the world almost every night!

I'm flattered by your constant comments aimed at me though. Hugs!

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »

Demo Or Original version...

This Good News.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »

For some unknown reason, I can't view that page.  Can someone detail what we are talking about here?

thanks!

Evita

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »

I think this is good promotion for GnR and it's awesome from Kimi. Obviously as a friend of Axl he's got permission to use whatever he wants, demo or not. But I didn't need Jarmo to tell me that to figure it out myself. Unlike a lot of people here who are ready and willing to believe that Axl is such a jerk even to his close friends, I see Axl as a very cool and giving person in all directions. You just gotta earn his trust, and Kimi has Axl's trust.

The only thing wrong about the video, wrong in the sense of "it's a slight mistake", is writing that the song is in the Chinese Democracy album. That is not the exact song in the album so I think it shouldn't have been mentioned. But it's not a big deal IMO, the only big deal actually is that people took the opportunity to come here to the forums to bitch and whine about this mistake, trying to find something negative about Axl. Same old, same old.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:31 AM »

This should knock Jarmo's socks off. His two favourite people together Cheesy
Nice to see Kimi in WRC.

Fuck 'Em All.
Lou
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 08:46:47 AM »

I think this is good promotion for GnR and it's awesome from Kimi. Obviously as a friend of Axl he's got permission to use whatever he wants, demo or not. But I didn't need Jarmo to tell me that to figure it out myself. Unlike a lot of people here who are ready and willing to believe that Axl is such a jerk even to his close friends, I see Axl as a very cool and giving person in all directions. You just gotta earn his trust, and Kimi has Axl's trust.

The only thing wrong about the video, wrong in the sense of "it's a slight mistake", is writing that the song is in the Chinese Democracy album. That is not the exact song in the album so I think it shouldn't have been mentioned. But it's not a big deal IMO, the only big deal actually is that people took the opportunity to come here to the forums to bitch and whine about this mistake, trying to find something negative about Axl. Same old, same old.

I agree, this is fantastic promotion for GN'R and "Chinese Democracy". What's to complain about?

My Last.fm profile - in case you ever wanna know what I'm listening to...
My Webzine/Blog Thingy
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »

i have a question, if Axl gives permission to someone to use a GNR song then thats enough? i mean he has all the rights?. i remember he let sweet child of mine to be used on the Wrestler. or the record company has a say in to things? because i guess the also get money from the use of the song.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:07 PM »

Kimi left because Ferrari got a new sponsor. A bank from Spain.

Do you think a Spanish bank with a bunch of money wouldn't want a Spanish driver in "their" team?

It's all politics, nothing to do with skills.

That's the ugly side of F1 that I hate.

Since it contains a demo in the video, this thread will be deleted soon.

Either you're trying to be a smart ass or you're naive.

Do you honestly think Kimi, a friend of the band, would use a demo version? Without some kind of approval?

Anyway, awesome clip. Good luck Kimi!

/jarmo

Alonso has been singed to ferrari for a while now, it was meant for 2011 but ferrari wanted it moved, either to join with santandear (the spanish sponser) or to get rid of kimi.

Kimi has been on touchy groud for a while, there was talk of him even not keeping his seat for 2009 because of his lackluster performance's the second half of 08'

personally, kimi hasnt been the same driver since he won the championship, i hope he comes back to F1 with the hunger he once had and the grit he had, especially when he was at McLaren

all the best to him in the rallying.

And i think its really idiotic to think he would use something not approved by the band.

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

i have a question, if Axl gives permission to someone to use a GNR song then thats enough? i mean he has all the rights?. i remember he let sweet child of mine to be used on the Wrestler. or the record company has a say in to things? because i guess the also get money from the use of the song.

He owns the rights, so i guess he'd get the final call on weather something is used or not i would have thought? Huh

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: