Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction  (Read 34010 times)
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »

Nice studio!!!! Love the walls.

Never got to much into JA. Guess I will have to listen the next album.

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »

Now THIS is something I am excited to hear from an Ex-Gunner. Can't wait to see what they come up with!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »

Now THIS is something I am excited to hear from an Ex-Gunner. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

Yeah, this is going to be interesting.  Not a huge Perry Farrell fan, but I have a ton of respect for Dave Navarro and Stephen Perkins.  Should be cool.

I really wonder what the parameters of Duff's involvement are.  Depending on what they are, there could be long-reaching ramifications.

Ali
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2010, 04:59:21 PM »

Well I don't see Duff just writing an album with them and not going out on the road as a member of the band. It's obvious Eric won't be back and it's not like Duff has any other opportunities to play with a big band elsewhere (yeah he has loaded but they aren't really big). Guess we will find out over the next few months though.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:52 PM »

Bye bye, Velvet Revolver.

I think VR was "bye bye" the day Scott announced STP would be getting back together..

If Slash wants VR back, VR will be back.  Matt and Dave are good to go whenever and I assume Duff would be as well... Maybe Myles Kennedy too.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »

Well I don't see Duff just writing an album with them and not going out on the road as a member of the band. It's obvious Eric won't be back and it's not like Duff has any other opportunities to play with a big band elsewhere (yeah he has loaded but they aren't really big). Guess we will find out over the next few months though.

If you think Duff gives a shit about how big the band he's playing with is, you are sorely mistaken.
In fact, in my opinion he's seemed much happier since getting back with Loaded, because they aren't big, and there's less pressure on them.

At the moment he's just writing/recording with them. But he's also writing/recording a new Loaded album.
I suppose in the future he could the Jane's Addiction tour, but I'd think he'd only do that if Loaded could open for them, because everyone in that band are excited about getting out and playing the new songs.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 08:37:03 AM »

If you think Duff gives a shit about how big the band he's playing with is, you are sorely mistaken.
In fact, in my opinion he's seemed much happier since getting back with Loaded, because they aren't big, and there's less pressure on them.

At the moment he's just writing/recording with them. But he's also writing/recording a new Loaded album.
I suppose in the future he could the Jane's Addiction tour, but I'd think he'd only do that if Loaded could open for them, because everyone in that band are excited about getting out and playing the new songs.

I think he cares about playing for lots of people yes and that's what I mean by big band.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 08:47:04 AM »

Slash was quoted as saying "Duff is doing something" and in that same interview said that VR was only on hold. We know Duff is writing with JA and the VR board now has a pic with Duff preforming with them. He does not owe us anything but it would be nice if he would just say what he is doing exactly. Inquiring fans want to know! Smiley
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »

I think he cares about playing for lots of people yes and that's what I mean by big band.

For some reason i dont think Duff cares about playing for lots of people.  To me, he seems like the happiest member from the AFD line-up.  As in, he is happy with himself and playing with Loaded even if they only play to 1000 odd people a night.

Im sure he'd love to play big shows of course, but i think only if the situation was right for him.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

If things go well with Slash and Myles this tour, there will be a VR album with Myles Kennedy singing in about 2.5 years. Both Alter Bridge and Janes have albums coming out late in the year I am pretty sure, and Slash will be out on the road as well. Everyone should be wrapping up their business at about the same time, and Duff would be there yesterday if he got a call from Slash that he got Myles to agree to sing on the next VR album.

While I am sure Duff is really excited about this project with Janes, he is an owner and equal partner in VR where in Jane's he is not that, and never would be. For an artist who has accomplished as much as he has that kind of thing means something, and if Slash calls and says let's do this, I think he will be there as he pretty much always has been.

I think the fact that Slash asked Duff to play on his record, and then at his charity gig in November, when he didn't ask Matt or Dave should tell anyone skeptical that there has been no personal falling out between the 2 and that there will be another VR album some day, just not in the near future.

Im sure he'd love to play big shows of course, but i think only if the situation was right for him.

I am sure he will love the big shows, and is really enjoying the recording process with the guys now.

However, he will also be covering another bassists work over 60% of the night at shows and he will never get the satisfaction out of that as he did playing for big crowds in bands he helped build from the ground up when they couldn't fill bingo halls. I bet he would be the first one to tell you that, because anyone in business who has ever built a business would tell you the exact same thing about whether you are more proud of building a successful company from scratch or stepping into a ready made one where everything is already done and all laid out for you.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:28:34 AM by Naupis » Logged
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

This is pretty cool.   I also think that VR is on hold for about a year until Slash finishes the solo tour.  But him and Myles can write a bunch of songs on the road, and I'm sure in a year, VR will get back together.  Duff needs to earn a living, and now he is playing with one of the best frontmen out there....AGAIN   Cool  Gotta hand it to Duff,  he is the new hardest working man in show business. 
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2010, 02:22:35 PM »

Trist805 I think you might be right on about that.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »

Duff needs to earn a living, and now he is playing with one of the best frontmen out there....AGAIN   Cool  Gotta hand it to Duff,  he is the new hardest working man in show business. 

Loaded had a news update:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hey people! Just a little LOADED update!

Current mood: naughty

Hey people! Just here to give everyone a LOADED update. We are still ass deep in writing songs for the next record. We have a ton of stuff and more just keeps pouring out. Like we have said before, we can't wait for all of you to hear it. More so, we can't wait to rock, sweat and laugh with all of you soon!
Along with with writing new songs, we here in LOADED don't f*k around! Whether it's writing much anticipated novels, playing music or just hanging with mickey mouse, none of us are just sitting around getting massages and eating grapes? I guess you just never know when and where one of us is gonna pop up?
Also, thanks to everyone who voted for our friend An on last weeks "Dancing with the stars" in Belgium. She killed it..... Keep doing so if you can. You can vote all week up until the end of the show friday. Here is a link to their facebook page with all the info you need to help them out. http://www.facebook.com/pages.../An-Lemmens-Aerjen-Mooijweer-in-Sterren-..op-de-Dansvloer/395826376334?ref=

See you all soon......LOADED

Also, here's a new song from them appearantly called 'Lords of Abaddon':

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmusiclover1#p/u/18/bGSDMy-_S-A
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN Performs With JANE'S ADDICTION For First Time; Video Available - Mar. 31, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137766

post#10,000 Tongue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »

janesaddiction

RT @tmorello: Perry Farrell's bday party was outstanding last nite. The new Duff McKagan on bass Jane's Addiction rocked and SSSC laid i
about 6 hours ago via API

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »

www.janesaddiction.org

It's now been confirmed by Dave Navarro. I'm fairly pissed at this. Recording the album is fair enough, but I have no idea what this means for Loaded now. Sad
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 08:15:42 AM »

I'd forgotten the date. janesaddiction.org's update (with Dave Navarro as a source) was posted on 1st April, 2010. Dammit! lol
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »

DUFF MCKAGAN Performs With JANE'S ADDICTION For First Time; Video Available - Mar. 31, 2010

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137766

post#10,000 Tongue

Congragulations and nice video! ok

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »

DAVE NAVARRO Confirms DUFF MCKAGAN Has Joined JANE'S ADDICTION - Apr. 1, 2010

Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) has officially joined JANE'S ADDICTION as the group's new bassist, JANE'S guitarist Dave Navarro confirmed during last night's (Wednesday, March 31) edition of his weekly Internet radio show called "Dark Matter".

The entire two-hour broadcast is now available for streaming using the audio player below. (Note: Navarro's confirmation of McKagan's addition to JANE'S can be heard around the eight-minute mark.)

Listen here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137842

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »

eh this kind of blows, never liked Janes Addiction, hate Perry's whiny vocals.  And no one that has ever picked up a guitar in their lives has the slightest amount of respect for Dave Navarro as a player.  Ill give them a fair shot now that Duff is in the band though...I hope this doesnt effect Loaded or VR though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: