Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confirmed: Duff McKagan To Join Jane's Addiction  (Read 33965 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 05:31:38 AM »

He said that Duff is doing something with Jane's Addiction. He didn't say that he'd joined Jane's Addiction.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:39:26 AM »

I hope this doesn't happen.  I was never a fan of Jane's Addiction, and Loaded is really good!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 08:39:30 AM »

He said that Duff is doing something with Jane's Addiction. He didn't say that he'd joined Jane's Addiction.

True, but from Jane's Addiction:

Could duff mckagan be the next bassist for JA? rumor of course, but he was at the farrell house monday, when they were writing/rehearsing

3:50 PM Jan 23rd via Power Twitter

Since some are still confused. Eric Avery is commited to the JA Australia tour as has been stated. after that, only Eric knows for sure.

7:05 AM Feb 11th via TweetDeck

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

True, but from Jane's Addiction:

Could duff mckagan be the next bassist for JA? rumor of course, but he was at the farrell house monday, when they were writing/rehearsing

3:50 PM Jan 23rd via Power Twitter

Since some are still confused. Eric Avery is commited to the JA Australia tour as has been stated. after that, only Eric knows for sure.

7:05 AM Feb 11th via TweetDeck

Uh huh... the clue here is that they said it was (of course) a rumour.
I will state again... he has been writing with the band. He has not joined the band.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:25 AM »

Uh huh... the clue here is that they said it was (of course) a rumour.
I will state again... he has been writing with the band. He has not joined the band.

Well, it's a rumor because it hasn't been announced yet.  And if it's true, they probably won't do so until the Australian tour is over.

Is he just writing with them or has he joined the band...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

Exactly it could be either way.
Untill JA tells us exactly what is happening with Duff everything else is just rumors.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 07:43:55 AM »

i hope he gets in. Loaded sucks compared to Janes.

Janes are one of the best rock bands of all time, id love to hear Duffs basslines cranking over their music...that would be epic.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »

Just doesn't seem like a good fit to me, no idea why they just didn't go back to Chris Cheney after it was apparent Eric Avery wasn't going to work out.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »

Just doesn't seem like a good fit to me, no idea why they just didn't go back to Chris Cheney after it was apparent Eric Avery wasn't going to work out.
I think Duff would be a good fit for JA since he has so much experence in so much music

Jani
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 06:58:12 AM »

From Blabbermouth.net:

"The three remaining original members ? Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Stephen Perkins ? have begun writing new music with a "mystery bassist," who has been identified by as VELVET REVOLVER and ex-GUNS N' ROSES bass player Duff McKagan."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135949

I'm a cold heartbreaker...
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 07:16:21 AM »

It's still rumour but! he has been around them for the past few months.
and slash said he was working with them.

And I think it's wrong of them to imply he's a full member. I think he's just writing with them and perhaps doing a few shows but as an outstanding musician not a full member.

But that's my point of view.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 12:47:56 PM »

Jane's Addiction bassist quits

Founding member of veteran alt-rockers to be replaced with former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Founding member Eric Avery has quit Jane's Addiction, saying the "experiment is at an end". The rockers will reportedly soldier on, writing a new album with former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan

Early last year, Jane's Addiction started work on a new album ? their first with Avery in almost 20 years. "Things got kind of ugly," Farrell told Billboard. "The headbutting really came out when we tried to write." Now, with Avery gone, the group have again started writing new material, reportedly with McKagan, who will likely join the band.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/mar/02/janes-addiction-bassist-quits

makane
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »

Bye bye, Velvet Revolver.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »

Bye bye, Velvet Revolver.

I think VR was "bye bye" the day Scott announced STP would be getting back together..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:04 AM »

Founding member of veteran alt-rockers to be replaced with former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Founding member Eric Avery has quit Jane's Addiction, saying the "experiment is at an end". The rockers will reportedly soldier on, writing a new album with former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan

Early last year, Jane's Addiction started work on a new album ? their first with Avery in almost 20 years. "Things got kind of ugly," Farrell told Billboard. "The headbutting really came out when we tried to write." Now, with Avery gone, the group have again started writing new material, reportedly with McKagan, who will likely join the band.

funny thingisduff joining JA hasn't been confirmed by the band or by Duff himself
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »

funny thingisduff joining JA hasn't been confirmed by the band or by Duff himself

Yeah, from Reuters..."Spokeswomen for McKagan and Avery did not immediately respond to emails seeking more information."

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »

Tuesday 2 March 2010

I notived that to. If you ask me this report is just false about Duff actually joining JA.
But who knows they could be right but I think that Duff is not going to join.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »

dave navarro just posted this pic and said "Another day of writing and creating in the studio with Jane's Addiction! "

http://twitpic.com/1bz4tp
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »

dave navarro just posted this pic and said "Another day of writing and creating in the studio with Jane's Addiction! "

http://twitpic.com/1bz4tp

Yeah, that definitely looks like Duff.  Or someone with similar height, hair color, build, and also plays bass  hihi

I'm curious as to whether or not he is just a writing partner.  Maybe he is now, but if the studio experience goes well, might he tour with the band as well?

Ali
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »

More pics... http://janesaddiction.org/

Can't wait to hear the new Jane's album.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: