Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2024, 03:29:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228506 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Take Part In "Celebrity Interview" At Canadian Music Week
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Take Part In "Celebrity Interview" At Canadian Music Week  (Read 2489 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 20, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »

Iconic rock figure and legendary guitarist Slash in rare one-on-one at Canadian Music Week 2010

Canadian Music Week: Music Business 3.0 The Next Generation

March 10 - 14, 2010

TORONTO, Jan. 19 /CNW/ - A musician, artist and iconic rock figure, Slash is recognized as an indelible force in the world of music today. Time Magazine recently chose him as one of the best electric guitarists of all time, along with Hendrix himself. To us, he is the man who defined the sound of Guns N' Roses and the last great guitar god. With album sales nearing the 100 million mark, seven Grammy nominations, and countless music projects, Slash will be sharing memories and insights on life, love and playing loud during a very special in-depth celebrity interview at Canadian Music Week on Thursday, March 11, 2010.

Since bursting onto the scene in 1985 with Guns N' Roses, Slash has become one of the most admired virtuoso axmen of the century, providing some of rock's greatest anthems. From the unforgettable licks of GN'R classics "Welcome to the Jungle", "You Could Be Mine", and "Sweet Child O' Mine" to Michael Jackson's "Black or White", to his latest offerings with Velvet Revolver, his trademark sound is unmistakable.

A principle and founding member of Guns N' Roses, Slash was instrumental in fueling the band's debut album Appetite For Destruction to critical acclaim, becoming the second highest selling debut of all time and remaining as one of rock's most revered albums. During his time with GN'R, the band released five studio albums, two EPs, one live album, and three music video DVDs.

After departing the group in 1995, Slash formed his own band Slash's Snakepit and released two albums. In 2003 he formed Velvet Revolver with ex-GN'R members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. Their debut release Contraband reached multi-platinum success and earned the band a 2005 Grammy Award for "Best Hard Rock Performance" for the track "Slither".

Throughout his career, Slash has performed and recorded with some of the most distinguished names in music including Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, James Brown, and Ray Charles. As a musical director at the 2005 Grammy Awards telecast, Slash led Stevie Wonder, Bono, Brian Wilson, and Steven Tyler from Aerosmith through a stirring rendition of The Beatles' classic "Across The Universe".

At the invitation of several film producers and directors, Slash began scoring music for feature films as well as writing and recording songs for soundtracks. His compositions can be heard throughout the award-winning biopic Ray, as well as box-office blockbusters The Hulk, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Big Daddy, Jackie Brown and Interview With The Vampire. In 2003, he picked up a Grammy nomination for his impassioned interpretation of the Godfather theme, a contribution to the soundtrack for The Kid Stays in the Picture, a documentary about celebrated film producer and his long-time friend, Robert Evans.

In April 2010, Slash will be releasing his debut self-titled solo album through Universal Music. Featuring collaborative performances with some of music's legendary greats and leading contemporaries, the album is certain to become an essential release on many a rock fan's lists.

To see Slash in this rare opportunity, visit the Canadian Music Week website - www.cmw.net - to register for your Canadian Music Week delegate pass, or purchase a limited ticket to this individual event.

Canadian Music Week is Canada's leading annual entertainment event dedicated to the expression and growth of the country's music, media and entertainment industries. Combining five information-intensive conferences; a trade exposition; a film festival; four awards shows and the nation's largest New Music Festival - Canadian Music Fest - CMW spans a five-day period from March 10 to March 14, 2010 at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel and various downtown Toronto venues, attracting participants from across the globe. For more information, visit www.cmw.net

http://www.cmw.net/cmw2010/conference.asp

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:36:41 AM »

Slash interviews? Rare? Where the hell have they been? Undecided (This is not meant as a criticism of Slash in any way... but interviews with him are anything but rare).
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »

Slash interviews? Rare? Where the hell have they been? Undecided (This is not meant as a criticism of Slash in any way... but interviews with him are anything but rare).

maybe for canadien music week interviews w slash are rare hihi
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »

At the invitation of several film producers and directors, Slash began scoring music for feature films as well as writing and recording songs for soundtracks. His compositions can be heard throughout the award-winning biopic Ray, as well as box-office blockbusters The Hulk, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Big Daddy, Jackie Brown and Interview With The Vampire. In 2003, he picked up a Grammy nomination for his impassioned interpretation of the Godfather theme, a contribution to the soundtrack for The Kid Stays in the Picture, a documentary about celebrated film producer and his long-time friend, Robert Evans.

Correct me if I am wrong but, weren't the songs used for those movies just songs he had done with bands (set me free for the hulk and You could be mine for terminator) not original scores and compositions.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »

From Slash:

On route to Toronto for CMW, albeit a little early for my taste. Iiiiii|; ),

41 minutes ago via Facebook

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »

Slash Calls Michael Jackson Guitar Riff 'Gay' at Canadian Music Week Keynote

Mar 11th 2010 4:30PM

Guitar hero Slash has revealed his distaste for the signature hook from one of his old pal Michael Jackson's biggest hits.

Speaking with CNN personalities -- and real life couple -- John Roberts and Kyra Phillips for his celebrity interview keynote during Canadian Music Week, the former Guns 'n' Roses guitar slinger took the opportunity to clear up the long-standing rumour that he played on Michael Jackson's 1991 hit, 'Black or White.'

"I never played on [Black or White'],' the guitarist explained. "If you listen to [the hook], that's gay. I'd never play that."

Regardless of the sexual orientation of the chord sequence, Slash did admit he could see where the confusion arose. "I played on 'Give in to Me' [also off 'Dangerous'] and in the 'Black and White' video, when Macaulay Culkin was trashing around, that's me playing."

The legendary guitarist, who played live with Jackson several times though out his career and appeared on all of the King of Pop's official releases from 1991 onwards, also took the opportunity to speak publicly about the singer's tumultuous life and the circumstances surrounding his untimely demise.

"Michael Jackson was f--king amazing to watch," Slash told the CNN twosome. "The one thing that Michael really wanted was for somebody to like him and those [child molestation] accusations just sorta just killed him.

"The fact that he was doing downers really makes sense for his lifestyle."

Of course, the interview wasn't just about the guitarists' relationship with the former Jackson 5 frontman. Roberts and Phillips -- who admitted that she could relate to Slash's rebel side and seemed to take great pleasure in using the vernacular 'ridin' high' -- also managed to get the axe-man to discuss some of the wilder high jinks he outlined in last-year's self-titled autobiography as well as his strained relationship with former bandmate Axl Rose.

"I try not to sit there and say derogative things about his personality, because that is what makes him so great. It's just hard for me to deal with," he told the packed Royal York Hotel Ballroom which included his Canadian metal heroes -- and recent documentary superstars -- Anvil sitting in the front row. "And for some other people to deal with, too," he added with a smirk.

Slash was in Toronto to promote his upcoming eponymous debut solo record, which features contributions from Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Ian Astbury, Kid Rock, Lemmy Kilmister, Ozzy Osbourne, Iggy Pop, Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother, and Fergie.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/03/11/slash-michael-jackson-guitar-riff-gay-cmw/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »

Same talk, different quotes...

Slash talks sex, drugs & Axl

Slash gave CMW delegates what they wanted during his keyote address at Canadian Music Week on Thursday morning in Toronto: Sex, drugs, rock?n?roll ... and Axl.

Being interviewed by CNN anchors and real-life couple John Roberts (a Toronto native) and Kyra Phillips, the former Gun N? Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist was surprisingly complimentary of his onetime bandmate and GNR?s lead singer, one Axl Rose.

?You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he?s coming from,? said Slash, 44, in his trademark black top hat, sunglasses, a black leather jacket and torn black jeans in a packed ballroom at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel.

?I see things very black and white. That?s just me. And that doesn?t necessarily mean that that?s right. And he sees things in a very colourful kind of way, and I can?t really knock it, ?cause that?s just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it?s his personality that makes him so f---ing great, and just difficult to deal with.?

Continue here: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/03/11/13198501.html

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »

Yet another strange collaboration for Slash.  My grandmother is 90 this year and she's a big Englebert Humperdinck fan.

Engelbert Humperdinck Dave Stewart and Slash Form Supergroup

by Paul Cashmere - March 12 2010

Engelbert Humperdinck might be the new singer for Velvet Revolver. Then maybe again, he won`t. But he did perform with Slash and Dave Stewart this week.

Engelbert Humperdinck, Slash and Dave Stewart got together as supergroup Faster Disaster on Canadian TV show The Hour.

Maybe it was Engelbert’s Velvet Revolver audition. Engelbert, Slash and Dave played along for the show but you never know, Slash is looking for a new Velvet Revolver singer isn’t he.

Engelbert will be heading back to the studio to work on a new album soon. Slash is about to release his all-star album featuring members of Wolfmother, Good Charlotte, Queens of the Stone Age and original Guns n Roses members and Dave Stewart is working on the next Stevie Nicks album.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »

Video: SLASH Talks About MICHAEL JACKSON At CANADIAN MUSIC WEEK - Mar. 12, 2010

Video footage of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash talking about the late Michael Jackson, for whom Slash laid down some guitar parts on the album "Dangerous", during an interview on Thursday morning (March 11) at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, Ontario as part of Canadian Music Week can be viewed below. Slash said, "When all that stuff happened in 2001 or whenever it was, he got all of those (accusations) and stuff, the one thing that Michael really wanted, and the one thing that made him happy, was he wanted everybody to like him. And so all of the sudden he was completely ostracized, pretty much by North America, for all these accusations (even) though he was acquitted, and it sort of just killed him."

Slash also offered his thoughts on his ex-bandmate, GUNS singer Axl Rose, during the interview. According to the Toronto Sun, Slash was more complimentary toward Rose that he's been in the past during the chat, despite Rose lashing out at Slash as recently as last year in several online chats and interviews.

Slash said about Rose, "You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he's coming from. I see things very black and white. That's just me. And that doesn't necessarily mean that that's right. And he sees things in a very colorful kind of way, and I can't really knock it, 'cause that's just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it's his personality that makes him so fucking great, and just difficult to deal with."

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136610

GUNNER76
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »

Slash on Axl Rose: "You have to... understand him as a human being"

Former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash offered his thoughts on his ex-bandmate, Guns singer Axl Rose, during an interview on Thursday morning (March 11th) at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, Ontario as part of Canadian Music Week. According to the Toronto Sun, Slash was more complimentary toward Rose that he's been in the past during the interview, despite Rose lashing out at Slash as recently as last year in several online chats and interviews.

Slash said about Rose, "You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he's coming from. I see things very black and white. That's just me. And that doesn't necessarily mean that that's right. And he sees things in a very colorful kind of way, and I can't really knock it, 'cause that's just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it's his personality that makes him so f***ing great, and just difficult to deal with."

Slash left Guns N' Roses in 1996 and told us a while back why he finally found it too difficult to work with Rose: "Something with Axl was very insecure and it just kept the band from sort of functioning properly. Although he was wanting to do things, I never to this day really understand exactly what he was getting at, and because it took so long to ever get anything done, I always attribute it to some sort of fear factor."

Slash also spoke in the interview about being sober for only three-and-a-half years despite having two sons aged five and seven. He said, "When Perla (Slash's wife) announced that she was pregnant, I was loaded on Oxycontin going to an Aerosmith gig, and I was out-of-my-mind high that night. And I was like, 'Okay, so now it's time to start taking care of this issue,' but I thought I could juggle it, which I did up until about three-and-a-half years ago."

He also spoke about the late Michael Jackson, for whom Slash laid down some guitar parts on the album Dangerous. Slash said, "When all that stuff happened in 2001 or whenever it was, he got all of those (accusations) and stuff, the one thing that Michael really wanted, and the one thing that made him happy, was he wanted everybody to like him. And so all of the sudden he was completely ostracized, pretty much by North America, for all these accusations (even) though he was acquitted, and it sort of just killed him."

Slash releases his self-titled solo album on April 6th.

http://www.therockradio.com/2010/03/slash-on-axl-rose-you-have-to.html
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: