Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 161581 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #540 on: July 07, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »

OK...you have GOT to be fucking kidding me:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38119205/ns/sports-baseball/

It sounds relatively minor, but.....jeez.  Somebody must have made themselves a rash of Red Sox voodoo dolls.

You gotta wonder now if he gets the 34th man selection will he play?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #541 on: July 07, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »

Good point.  He's playing tonight, but if the pain/cramp turns out to be chronic, he may "elect" (as in, the team might tell him to) to take the extra rest.

Cano pulled out of the HR derby today (but not the AS game, it sounds like) due to a nagging minor back "injury".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #542 on: July 07, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »

OK...you have GOT to be fucking kidding me:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38119205/ns/sports-baseball/

It sounds relatively minor, but.....jeez.  Somebody must have made themselves a rash of Red Sox voodoo dolls.

Unless the pain worsens, I think he'd be fine to play.  He bounced back and is in the lineup tonight.  If it was anything serious, I don't think they would've taken that chance.  But with the way things have been going for the Sox, I almost expect the injury to get worse.

I was driving home last night listening to the game on the radio and heard them talk about Ortiz being intentionally walked 3 times.  At first I thought, why would they walk Ortiz so many times to pitch to Youkilis?  Then they said that some guy I had never heard of was on deck and I said, "oh great, so Youk is hurt now".  So with the tying run on 3rd and the lead run on 1st the Sox were stuck with Niuman Romero at the plate.  They pinch ran Cameron for Ortiz.  Not sure why they didn't pinch hit him instead.  I know he's not 100% to run or hit, but I would think the hitting would take precedence over the running when you're down 1 run and I'd have to think Mike was a better option than Romero.  And today Romero was DFA'd.  We hardly knew you.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #543 on: July 07, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »

Wouldn't you know, another injury update for the Red Sox.

Youkilis showed some discomfort in the field and had his ankle re-taped.  So far, it LOOKS like he's staying in the game.  But maybe it would be smart for him to sit the All Star game out after all, IF he gets voted in.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #544 on: July 07, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »

Good point.  He's playing tonight, but if the pain/cramp turns out to be chronic, he may "elect" (as in, the team might tell him to) to take the extra rest.

Cano pulled out of the HR derby today (but not the AS game, it sounds like) due to a nagging minor back "injury".

Also, Mo has announced he won't be going to the game. He's still battling that oblique muscle injury and wants the 4 days of rest. So that's another player that has to be replaced.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #545 on: July 09, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »

Lee to the Yanks??

If it comes to fruition, holy fuckin smokes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5366254

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #546 on: July 09, 2010, 02:35:09 PM »

Lee to the Yanks??

On the one hand, you'd ask yourself why?
They seem to have a good enough team without him and there isn't a real glaring need for another lefty ace in the rotation.  Either Vazquez or Burnett goes to the bullpen?  Your normal run of the mill 10+ million dollar long man.

BUT, the Yankees really aren't that far ahead of the Rays OR Red Sox and the Sox have been playing with a near AAA team for some time now.  So obviously they feel they may need to make this move to improve their chances. 

Sabathia
Lee
Pettitte
Hughes

That looks pretty formidable on paper, especially to go along with their vaunted lineup.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #547 on: July 09, 2010, 04:10:52 PM »

Lee to the Yanks??

On the one hand, you'd ask yourself why?
They seem to have a good enough team without him and there isn't a real glaring need for another lefty ace in the rotation.  Either Vazquez or Burnett goes to the bullpen?  Your normal run of the mill 10+ million dollar long man.

BUT, the Yankees really aren't that far ahead of the Rays OR Red Sox and the Sox have been playing with a near AAA team for some time now.  So obviously they feel they may need to make this move to improve their chances. 

Sabathia
Lee
Pettitte
Hughes

That looks pretty formidable on paper, especially to go along with their vaunted lineup.

If it happens it looks like Vazquez would be the expendable one and possibly traded to a contender shortly thereafter. If that happens i feel bad for Javy. He really wants to be in New York and he has seemed to have worked out his early season troubles and has been pitching much better for us. He seems to be the likely choice to be moved though. They aren't gonna get rid of Burnett. No way they part with Hughes a 24 yr old with a major upside having a very good year.

So it would look like this probably

Sabbathia
Lee
Burnett
Pettitte
Hughes

That's a scary rotation for opposing teams.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:15:00 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #548 on: July 09, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »

Lee to the Rangers for a 3 month rental. Back in NY by Spring Training Wink.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #549 on: July 09, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »

A bit of a shocker with Lee to the Rangers, as cotis said - it's definitely a rental considering the Rangers financial/ownership issues.

Maybe Cliff will shanghai ESPN and do a one hour special next December when free agency hits.. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #550 on: July 09, 2010, 06:09:06 PM »

CJ Wilson tweeted something to the tune of ....

"We won the Cliff Lee sweepstakes. Narrowly beating out the Miami Heat."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #551 on: July 09, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »

You gotta wonder about this move for the rangers. I mean they're fucking bankrupt. No way in hell they can sign this guy to a long term deal and give up a big 1B prospect?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #552 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

All for nothing kind of thing I believe.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #553 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »

Yeah that's what it is. I see no hope for them signing him in the offseason. Whoknows if the bankruptcy and sale will even be settled by then?
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #554 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »

It's basicllya waste that hes gonna be a free agent in the beginning and we probablly wont stay in Texas

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #555 on: July 09, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »

It's basicllya waste that hes gonna be a free agent in the beginning and we probablly wont stay in Texas
he probablly wont stay in texas lolz

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #556 on: July 09, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »

You can edit your own posts?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #557 on: July 10, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »

Probably? I don't think that should be in that sentence. It should be he won't stay in Texas. They just aren't going to have the money to resign him. This trade could still hit a snag. The judge in the bankruptcy case might not even allow them to take on the extra 1.5 mil debt.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #558 on: July 10, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »

The Rangers have not won for so long that I would not be surprised to see Michael Young organize a fund raising event to cover the $1.5 mil so they can pay Lee and win the division.

On whether Lee has a long term future in Texas: I say let's see. The bankruptcy debacle has to end at some point--next step is 22 July--and from what I have heard the Ryan/Greenberg bid is going to win (again) and they are committed to building a winner. So Yankee fans should not start salivating too soon....

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2010, 12:40:33 PM »

Legendary Yankees PA announcer dies at 99
Updated Jul 11, 2010 11:59 AM ET

The New York Yankees say longtime public address announcer Bob Sheppard has died. He was believed to be 99.

His death was confirmed to The Associated Press on Sunday by team spokesman Jazon Zillo. There were no immediate details.

Sheppard, who had been ailing in recent years, started with the Yankees in 1951. His impeccable introductions of stars from Joe DiMaggio to Derek Jeter earned him the nickname "The Voice of God."

God bless his soul.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: