Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 161409 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2010, 08:05:59 PM »

Thanks to Kendry Morales breaking his leg celebrating his grand slam, I had a very large hole to fill at my 1B spot on my fantasy team.

Luckily, I was able to work up a Phil Hughes & Charlie Villaneuva for Ryan Howard & Bronson Arroyo deal. Basically a swap of Howard for Villanueva since I usually spot my starters, pick people up daily to start against crappy teams.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »

I'm not sure i would've given up Hughes. The kid is proving to become a complete pitcher.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »

Like I said, I go day to day with pitchers, much easier to find a pitcher who matches up well against a team than it is to find a hitter. I needed a All-Star 1B and Howard (for now) fills that hole.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:46 AM »

True but man that's still a tough give up.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #384 on: May 31, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

Manny hit HR #550 today love

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2010, 11:21:46 PM »

Thanks to Kendry Morales breaking his leg celebrating his grand slam, I had a very large hole to fill at my 1B spot on my fantasy team.

Luckily, I was able to work up a Phil Hughes & Charlie Villaneuva for Ryan Howard & Bronson Arroyo deal. Basically a swap of Howard for Villanueva since I usually spot my starters, pick people up daily to start against crappy teams.
It's a good deal.  Filling a definite need with one of the top fantasy 1B in the game is certainly a good thing.  Sure Hughes is solid, but he's young.  Who knows how he'll hold up through the dog days of summer.  Young pitchers tend to hit a wall when they reach uncharted territory for innings pitched.

I'm also going to assume 2 things.  1) You meant Carlos Villanueva, not Charlie unless you're in some cross baseball/basketball fantasy league and you needed a PF for your basketball team.  (Don't worry, I didn't pick up the typo right away either.)  2) Your league values holds, otherwise Villanueva wouldn't be that valuable.  He's got pretty good numbers for a setup man, but that can be replaced.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2010, 11:54:23 PM »

LOL, yes I did mean Carlos. I always mess them up due to the basketball reference and such.

Holds are a stat category, but I've also got Joba, Kuo (LAD) and Gregerson (SD) so I'm set in that respect.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #387 on: June 01, 2010, 10:32:01 AM »

How bout Doc tonight sandman?

Lights fuckin out.

that was awesome! I was out at a bar at the jersey shore packed with Flyers fans watching Game 1. but the phils game was on a couple TVs so we were all keeping an eye on that. "perfect thru 5," "perfect thru 6," etc. then it worked out perfect where they put the game on most TVs with sound between intermission and the whole bar was going crazy in the 9th. it was one of the most fun nights i've had out in years.

i haven't been following my teams as much as usual cause i've had alot of other "stuff" going on (college class, moving, busy at work, etc.), but the phils are in some serious trouble. there's slumps and then there's just disgraceful play. last place teams don't have slumps like this. i haven't watched many games beginning to end the last few weeks so i can't even guess what the problem is, but i'm hoping it's somewhat related to injuries. Rollins, even when he's struggling, is a major part of this offense. we've gone through slumps before but usually there's one player that carries them through it (ibanez during May last year), but right now it seems like everyone is cold. just odd for an offensive machine like this one.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #388 on: June 01, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »

Wait a minute, u got Ryan Howard for Phillip Hughes?

Jesus, what kind of idiots are in your league?

No way that trade goes through in 99 percent of leagues, i dont care how much Howard is currently struggling.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #389 on: June 01, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »

No way that trade goes through in 99 percent of leagues, i dont care how much Howard is currently struggling.

Ryan Howard and Bronson Arroyo for CARLOS Villanueva and Phil Hughes.

The guys a huge Yankees fan (like me) but I realize that Phil will hit a wall at some point, so I got what I could for him.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #390 on: June 01, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »

Ryan Howard and Bronson Arroyo for CARLOS Villanueva and Phil Hughes.

The guys a huge Yankees fan (like me) but I realize that Phil will hit a wall at some point, so I got what I could for him.

As a yankee fan like you. I hope that he doesn't hit a wall. The kid has been damn good so far. But as good as he's been Pettitte has been better. How about his start yesterday retiring his last 14 batters.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »

Horrible umpiring strikes again this time it robs Galarraga of a perfect game. This is getting embarrassing how awful the umps have been this year.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »

McGwire had triplets.. guess those PED's enhanced other performance areas! hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »

LOL D.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »

Horrible umpiring strikes again this time it robs Galarraga of a perfect game. This is getting embarrassing how awful the umps have been this year.

This is the perfect argument for instant replay at the bases... I don't ever think it should be brought into balls and strikes, but I don't know how you can keep it out of these bang-bang plays at the bases.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »

This is the perfect argument for instant replay at the bases... I don't ever think it should be brought into balls and strikes, but I don't know how you can keep it out of these bang-bang plays at the bases.

It really wasn't that much of a bang bang play though. You clearly see he was out. It wasn't even close. He was out by a full step. You could clearly see it on the full motion replay.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »

It really wasn't that much of a bang bang play though. You clearly see he was out. It wasn't even close. He was out by a full step. You could clearly see it on the full motion replay.

I this case it wasn't that close, but if the system were inplace for the close calls than it would be a no brainer to overturn something this bad.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2010, 12:48:08 AM »

That was pretty bad.  Normally in a situation such as that the umpire would give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt, getting caught up in the moment. 

He did apologize to Galaraga after the game and admitted he made a mistake, but that doesn't exactly make it right.  Too bad.  Galaraga took it great though, good for him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #398 on: June 03, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »

That was pretty bad.  Normally in a situation such as that the umpire would give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt, getting caught up in the moment. 

He did apologize to Galaraga after the game and admitted he made a mistake, but that doesn't exactly make it right.  Too bad.  Galaraga took it great though, good for him.
Yeah it was bad bad. At least he admitted he was wrong, however, like you said it doesn't make it right. I'm not sure if league officals can step in and reverse the call but that's just tough for kid. I don' know if i could've taken it so well. Leyland sure didn't he lit into Joyce hard.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #399 on: June 03, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »

I this case it wasn't that close, but if the system were inplace for the close calls than it would be a no brainer to overturn something this bad.

Agreed. I don't see it happening though.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: