Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 161115 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #160 on: March 09, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »

Haha, I couldn't get Opening Day tickets for the Dodgers AT Dodger Stadium because of a screwed up system, but I was able to score tickets for a game at Petco the day before right by the dugout staring at first base.

What a world we live in.

The current rumor (and it's well founded) is that the Yanks are going to get their World Series rings on Opening Day at the Stadium.  Tickets are going for (and we're talking obstructed bleacher seats) $130 and up (WAY UP) on Stub Hub right now.

The Yanks, if they stay true to form, will do a lottery for premium games (opening day, old timers day, Red Sox, and Mets games) a couple days before the general onsale of tickets.  I'll enter the lottery and try my luck....but I doubt I'll get selected.  I've tried for 4 or 5 years running, and never gotten picked.  But I sure would love to see them get those rings...and it helps that they open the Stadium vs the Angels this year, which means Matsui would get his ring, too.  Damon will have to wait until August, when the Tigers come to town.

Then, whatever's left (and it's usually not much) goes up when the rest of the tickets go on sale.  I'm thinking that will be sometime between NEXT Friday (the 19th) and the following Friday (the 26th).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2010, 02:30:05 PM »

Haha, I couldn't get Opening Day tickets for the Dodgers AT Dodger Stadium because of a screwed up system, but I was able to score tickets for a game at Petco the day before right by the dugout staring at first base.

What a world we live in.

The current rumor (and it's well founded) is that the Yanks are going to get their World Series rings on Opening Day at the Stadium.  Tickets are going for (and we're talking obstructed bleacher seats) $130 and up (WAY UP) on Stub Hub right now.

The Yanks, if they stay true to form, will do a lottery for premium games (opening day, old timers day, Red Sox, and Mets games) a couple days before the general onsale of tickets.  I'll enter the lottery and try my luck....but I doubt I'll get selected.  I've tried for 4 or 5 years running, and never gotten picked.  But I sure would love to see them get those rings...and it helps that they open the Stadium vs the Angels this year, which means Matsui would get his ring, too.  Damon will have to wait until August, when the Tigers come to town.

Then, whatever's left (and it's usually not much) goes up when the rest of the tickets go on sale.  I'm thinking that will be sometime between NEXT Friday (the 19th) and the following Friday (the 26th).

It also hurts that there are 4,000 less seats and more seats that are at "premium" prices.

StubHub is usually great...unless it's for Opening Day!

I hope you finally win this year!  You got a six pack of Dr. Pepper in 2008...and in 2010 you will get your Yankee seats!

Oh, and did you know Frank McCourt says I cannot go to any of the Dodgers/Yankee games unless I buy a 14, 21, or 28 game mini plan?  That's right, they are NOT selling single game tickets for that series.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »

I cant wait to see the White Sox play the Cubs!
I always love watching the Cubs get crushed hihi

As much as I loathe all things interleague, everyday the Cubs get beat is a good day.

Amen to that!
 ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »

Terrible news for the Twins. Joe Nathan has a torn ligament in his elbow might be done for the year.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »

I WILL BE AT OPENING DAY!!

Picked up a single bleacher seat today, via a Staten Island Yankee season ticket holder.

Smiley

Together again,
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »

Terrible news for the Twins. Joe Nathan has a torn ligament in his elbow might be done for the year.

Yeah, that is too bad.  On paper, it looked like this could be the best Twins team in the Gardenhier era.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »

Texas Ranger's manage RON WASHINGTON tested positive for Cocaine use in July 2009, just heard this on MLBTV.

What's your thoughts on this -- should managers be tested? Should repercussions come from this?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2010, 02:11:27 PM »

hihi
Because the managers are going to play games.

Officaly they should not be in trouble I just think they should fire any managers who do that!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »

Texas Ranger's manage RON WASHINGTON tested positive for Cocaine use in July 2009, just heard this on MLBTV.

What's your thoughts on this -- should managers be tested? Should repercussions come from this?

Yes, I think they should be tested (as should the rest of the coaching staff).  If you're on the field, you should be tested (well, not the bat boys/girls and groundscrew, but you get my meaning).

And if he tested positive for Cocaine, he should be diciplined as per the league substance abuse policy

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »

Yes, I think they should be tested (as should the rest of the coaching staff).  If you're on the field, you should be tested (well, not the bat boys/girls and groundscrew, but you get my meaning).

And if he tested positive for Cocaine, he should be diciplined as per the league substance abuse policy

100% agree. This would explain his stupidity in leaving his pitches in way too long. Bad decisions cause he was high as a fucking kite.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »

Was he snorting with any of the players? Smiley People talk about roids in baseball, but it is a wellknown secret that speed is a more common problem in the MLB.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

Joe Nathan definitely gone for the season. Tommy John surgery in the next two weeks.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2010, 12:04:07 AM »

Joe Mauer signed quite the extension with the Twins.  8 years, 184 million.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »

Yeah i saw that. Good move for the Twins i think. Joe Mauer is a great ballplayer.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2010, 08:11:12 AM »

I am SO glad Mauer is staying with the Twins.  I think it's good for him, and good for baseball in general.

I'm also glad I don't have to live through the inevitable Sox/Yanks bidding war that would have started next off season if Mauer was a FA.

Together again,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »

Got my ticket for opening day at Citi Field.....Unfortunately Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran won't be there with me!  Last year tickets were phenomenal for the first game at the stadium.  This year I was able to buy a 100 level seat 12 rows from the field right off the Mets ticketing site just yesterday. 

In other news I live in Central, PA and we have the Pirates double A affiliate the "Altoona Curve"....well Stephen Strasburg was sent to the double A "Harrisburg Senators" by Washington and he is going to make his debut at Altoona's home opener so I also got tickets for that.  Can't wait to see him pitch and see what the hooplah is about.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »

I am SO glad Mauer is staying with the Twins.  I think it's good for him, and good for baseball in general.

I'm also glad I don't have to live through the inevitable Sox/Yanks bidding war that would have started next off season if Mauer was a FA.

Agreed on the above although 8 years for a catcher seems a bit long - smart money says a position change will occur at some point..

Which begs the question..

At 184 total at an avg of 23 per for Mauer, what in the hell is Albert going to command?

I look for him to ask for 300 million over 10 with the Cards countering at 250 with them meeting somewhere in the middle..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »

In other news I live in Central, PA and we have the Pirates double A affiliate the "Altoona Curve"....well Stephen Strasburg was sent to the double A "Harrisburg Senators" by Washington and he is going to make his debut at Altoona's home opener so I also got tickets for that.  Can't wait to see him pitch and see what the hooplah is about.

You'll get to see that 98 MPH heater and the knee bending hook in person - very cool indeed. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2010, 10:11:55 PM »

I had this fantasy trade proposed to me.  Alex Rodriguez and Asdrubal Cabrera for Hanley Ramirez.

Now due to my extreme hatred for A-Rod and the Yankees I'm inclined to reject this without even thinking about it.  I have a no Yankee clause on my teams.  The only time I've ever owned a Yankee was back when Damaso Marte was traded from Pittsburgh to NY at the deadline (holds is a category in the league).  Luckily for me though, he sucked after the trade so I was able to drop him soon after.

So from someone with an impartial view, would you entertain that deal?  It IS a keeper league by the way and Hanley has been mine from the start, 3 years ago.  And he could potentially be mine for the next 10+ years if he continues to trend upward.  So keep that in mind.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »

It's a no brainer from this view faldor, keep Hanley.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: