Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 161130 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »

The White Sox, in the World Series?

rofl rofl

You gotta lot to learn!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »

Barry Zito maybe the coolest guy in baseball...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2010/news/story?id=4966405

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »

The White Sox, in the World Series?

rofl rofl

You gotta lot to learn!
have you seen their pitching rotation man? Without a doubt it's gonna kick a lot of ass and take names!!!

And if that don't work Obama could make some fuckin crazy law or send in secrect service! rofl rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2010, 04:22:53 AM »

That was a fastball in name only.

FINO!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »

cool b-day present to see Halladay pitching in the red pin stripes for the first time yesterday! although i wasn't able to watch very much of it, he looked really good.

and was that some potential foreshadowing yesterday?? halladay vs sabbathia. i mean there is a chance they could be facing off again in late october. on paper, those 2 teams are the favorites in their respective leagues. and i don't even think it's close. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »

Thanks for the input guys.  I'll have to take a closer look at Ethier vs. Cruz.  Ethier did have better numbers last year but that's in 32 more games.  You give Cruz 32 more games and he absolutely crushes Ethier in HR's and even moreso in SB's.  Then again, maybe he's more injury prone and that goes with the territory.

Last year I drafted Peavy early with the expectation that I'd keep him.  My pitching from the previous year was awful, I kept Kazmir and Lidge.  Seemed like a no brainer that Peavy would be my keeper, then he got hurt and got traded.  Billingsley seemed to overtake him until he fell flat at the end of last season.  I think I'm still leaning towards Peavy but the change of leagues is a little bothersome to me. 

faldor - who did you end up keeping? it seems like Cruz's stock is on the rise. i've seen some recent rankings that have him clearly ahead of Ethier. i think cnnsi has him in their top 10 OF.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »

Thanks for the input guys.  I'll have to take a closer look at Ethier vs. Cruz.  Ethier did have better numbers last year but that's in 32 more games.  You give Cruz 32 more games and he absolutely crushes Ethier in HR's and even moreso in SB's.  Then again, maybe he's more injury prone and that goes with the territory.

Last year I drafted Peavy early with the expectation that I'd keep him.  My pitching from the previous year was awful, I kept Kazmir and Lidge.  Seemed like a no brainer that Peavy would be my keeper, then he got hurt and got traded.  Billingsley seemed to overtake him until he fell flat at the end of last season.  I think I'm still leaning towards Peavy but the change of leagues is a little bothersome to me. 

faldor - who did you end up keeping? it seems like Cruz's stock is on the rise. i've seen some recent rankings that have him clearly ahead of Ethier. i think cnnsi has him in their top 10 OF.
D Day isn't until March 10th, so I have a few more days to ponder.  I'm still leaning towards Cruz and Peavy though.  Ethier put up some solid numbers last year, but I don't really see him surpassing them.  I think Cruz has a higher ceiling.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2010, 11:07:08 AM »

God I cant wait to see the White Sox on opening day my dad bought a fuck load of tickets to I think about 30 home games and its gonna rock seeing it!
 beer
And seeing them in the World Series would also be fucking sweet!!!

Joe

Yankees home opener tickets (granted, no general on sale yet, but....I have little hope they'll be any left when that date goes up) are going for, MINIMUM (obstructed view bleacher seats) for about $130 a piece.

That's NUTS.

Gonna try, when they go on sale, to snag a couple for that date.  If not, 2 for Saturday.

Then ONE more game in July or August.  Gonna take the kids.  And that's probably gonna do it for me, this year, in terms of actually going DOWN to the stadium. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »

FINO!

Agreed..

However it sends a message to Fielder and the rest of the idiot Brewers, bushleague horseshit like that will not be tolerated - at least by the Giants....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »

God I cant wait to see the White Sox on opening day my dad bought a fuck load of tickets to I think about 30 home games and its gonna rock seeing it!
 beer
And seeing them in the World Series would also be fucking sweet!!!

Joe

Yankees home opener tickets (granted, no general on sale yet, but....I have little hope they'll be any left when that date goes up) are going for, MINIMUM (obstructed view bleacher seats) for about $130 a piece.

That's NUTS.

Gonna try, when they go on sale, to snag a couple for that date.  If not, 2 for Saturday.

Then ONE more game in July or August.  Gonna take the kids.  And that's probably gonna do it for me, this year, in terms of actually going DOWN to the stadium. 

I'm going to Dodger Stadium real early on Saturday morning to get OD tickets.  Cey is going to be there, I'm gonna get him to sign my glove.  With his autograph, I'll only need Lopes' and Garvey's signatures to complete my quest to have the Greatest Infield on my glove.

Oh, Yankee fans, I can't buy tickets to see your team come play in my city.  

They aren't releasing single game tickets for that series.  You have to, I mean HAVE to buy season tickets or a mini-plan.

Despicable.  Their idea is going to fail something hard.

I'm buying tickets from the Padres presale in less than 2 hours.  Road trip in May!  I just love taking over someone elses ballyard.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »

FINO!

Agreed..

However it sends a message to Fielder and the rest of the idiot Brewers, bushleague horseshit like that will not be tolerated - at least by the Giants....

The Giants ARE bushleague horseshit!

Their ace Chris Robinson is getting busted smoking pot while driving and they can't get Pablo Sandoval to leave the buffet line.  And they might have one of the worst GM's in the history of the game.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »

FINO!

Agreed..

Their ace Chris Robinson is getting busted smoking pot while driving and they can't get Pablo Sandoval to leave the buffet line.  And they might have one of the worst GM's in the history of the game.

I know you bleed Dodger blue but ya gotta admit Zito and the Giants took care of baseball justice as it should be taken care of - on the field and without apology.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »

FINO!

Agreed..

I know you bleed Dodger blue but ya gotta admit Zito and the Giants took care of baseball justice as it should be taken care of - on the field and without apology.

Zito would have come out OK in my book if he said, "Yeah, I hit him on purpose."

I hate it when ballplayers give us the "Oh, the ball got away!" or "I was just pitching hard on the inside!" routine.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »

Zito would have come out OK in my book if he said, "Yeah, I hit him on purpose."

I hate it when ballplayers give us the "Oh, the ball got away!" or "I was just pitching hard on the inside!" routine.

I thought Zito and the Giants played it perfectly.

Never admit - even when it's as obvious as this one.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2010, 01:58:15 PM »

I cant wait to see the White Sox play the Cubs!
I always love watching the Cubs get crushed hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »

Via Stub hub:

Got 2 bleacher tickets, first row, for the first Saturday home game (vs the Rangers), relatively cheap. 

Got 5 bleacher tickets, 15th row, for a weekeday game in August for less than I woulda payed via TM with service fees. Taking all 3 kids. Smiley

Gonna try to win the Opening Day lottery and see if I can get a single game ticket for that day, for a reasonable amount of money.  I'm not optimistic.

That's probably gonna be it for me (unless my wife decides to pick something up for my birthday), this year, for games AT the stadium.  Too busy at work. Sad  That'll be the fewest number of games, for me, in about 5 or 6 years.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:15:13 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2010, 08:04:20 PM »

I cant wait to see the White Sox play the Cubs!
I always love watching the Cubs get crushed hihi

As much as I loathe all things interleague, everyday the Cubs get beat is a good day.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

Vazquez and Aceves looked good for the yanks today.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »

^^ Yea Vazques struck out 4 in 2 innings and Aceves threw 4 scorless innings. Swisher hit 2 doubles to both gaps today and looks sooooo much better at the plate then he did in the postseason.  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2010, 04:16:02 AM »

Via Stub hub:

Got 2 bleacher tickets, first row, for the first Saturday home game (vs the Rangers), relatively cheap. 

Got 5 bleacher tickets, 15th row, for a weekeday game in August for less than I woulda payed via TM with service fees. Taking all 3 kids. Smiley

Gonna try to win the Opening Day lottery and see if I can get a single game ticket for that day, for a reasonable amount of money.  I'm not optimistic.

That's probably gonna be it for me (unless my wife decides to pick something up for my birthday), this year, for games AT the stadium.  Too busy at work. Sad  That'll be the fewest number of games, for me, in about 5 or 6 years.

Haha, I couldn't get Opening Day tickets for the Dodgers AT Dodger Stadium because of a screwed up system, but I was able to score tickets for a game at Petco the day before right by the dugout staring at first base.

What a world we live in.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: