Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 161443 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #460 on: June 11, 2010, 07:37:44 AM »

Not that i can think of. It won't be that long. They have series' against the Braves and Pads coming up just after interleague play. Barring any rainouts etc he should pitch against both.

I consider "late June/early July", and 3 more starts against mediocre (and that's being kinds) ball clubs to be "awhile".

First up you have Cleveland, the White Sox, and Baltimore.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #461 on: June 11, 2010, 07:43:03 AM »

I know this is waaay off, but I officially got tickets for the final Jays/Yanks series in September smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #462 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »

Ah, another round of beer (inter)league baseball this weekend I see - sans my Cards and DBacks...

EDIT: I just looked at the schedule..

Cards play Seattle and Oakland next week for the renewal of those red hot rivalries... Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:02:52 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #463 on: June 11, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »

But when he doesn't K 14 next game, his rating should go down right?
No, his rating should only go down if he gets hit hard, and even then it shouldn't go down THAT much.  There's a reason there was so much anticipation for this guy.  People aren't expecting him to be another Tom Glavine.  He's supposed to be the next Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana.  And his first start didn't do anything to disprove that.

Glavine is my fave player of all time so i kind of  take that as an insult or are u meaning as far as power and strikeouts?

2 time cy young, WS MVP.. 300 game winner..... I think if Strasburg accomplished that *roid free* he'd be doing something special.

Johan Santana? Glavine is a better lefty than Johan only left hander arguably better than Glavine was Randy Johnson although Id much rather have Glavine in the post season.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:37:28 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #464 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:25 PM »

But when he doesn't K 14 next game, his rating should go down right?
No, his rating should only go down if he gets hit hard, and even then it shouldn't go down THAT much.  There's a reason there was so much anticipation for this guy.  People aren't expecting him to be another Tom Glavine.  He's supposed to be the next Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Johan Santana.  And his first start didn't do anything to disprove that.

Glavine is my fave player of all time so i kind of  take that as an insult or are u meaning as far as power and strikeouts?

2 time cy young, WS MVP.. 300 game winner..... I think if Strasburg accomplished that *roid free* he'd be doing something special.

Johan Santana? Glavine is a better lefty than Johan only left hander arguably better than Glavine was Randy Johnson although Id much rather have Glavine in the post season.
No that was not meant to be a slight at Glavine.  I used him because while he WAS a great pitcher, he wasn't the kind of pitcher you'd set your clock by as "must see TV".  He got the job done quietly.  Pedro, Clemens, and Randy (should've used him instead of Johan) had the electric ability.  All projections have Strasburg heading in that direction rather than a career like Glavine or Maddux.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #465 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »

This has nothing to do with MLB, but some minor league coach was ejected from a game recently and he went a little nuts.  Best of all, he was mic'd for the whole tirade.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2010/06/11/does-it-get-any-better-than-a-micd-up-coach-being-ejected-video/

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #466 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »

wrong thread
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:54:08 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2010, 08:46:44 PM »

am i the only one that laughs so hard when ever big baby does his "strong reaction" after plays? " ....what do big babies do? .. they drool"
I think you have the wrong thread.  At least he's not crying anymore, which KG has made him do a few times in the past.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #468 on: June 14, 2010, 03:51:22 AM »

Are you going to see Manny this weekend at Fenway, faldor?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #469 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »

I am not, my sister and her husband are.  I'm a bit jealous.  I'll have to resort to watching it on TV.  Should be interesting to see what kind of reception Manny gets.  He'll most likely have a mix of cheers and boos, with the boos winning out.  I'd cheer the man.  As ugly as it got as he forced his way out of town, he was a HUGE reason they won 2 titles and that can't be forgot or taken away.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #470 on: June 14, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »

Quick hitters -

Strasberg was again impressive, not as electric as his debut but good nonetheless...

Let's hope Sox fans hammer Manny relentlessly like the quitter he was with them...

Red Sox starting pitching is rounding into form, the AL east race gonna be great to watch.
Still like the Yanks over the long haul here..

The Phillies lack of run production is baffling, they're bound to explode at anytime.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go on an an extended winning streak at some point soon, they're lineup is just too good.

Andre Ethier's temper tantrums are much more tolerable when he's as hot as he is, dude's a star.

Mel Hall's multiple batting gloves in his back pocket was cool, Matt Kemp's untucked pocket is not..

The Cards are about as dysfunctional as I've seen them in a while.  Too streaky, inconsistent, strike out WAY too much. 

The Reds look like they are indeed for real, Scott Rolen's my early pick for NL MVP..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #471 on: June 14, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »

I thought Strasberg was pretty impressive, too...especially considering the condition of the mound.

They showed the mound, a couple times, during the broadcast.  I'm sorry...if a 6 ft 9, 220 lb guy can create a hole THAT big in the pitching mound.....your grounds crew sucks.  There's no excuse for that crap. 

If the Cleveland fans wanted to boo someone, they should have trotted out the head of the grounds crew. There was NO reason the mound should have been in that poor of a condition...especially that early.

Together again,
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #472 on: June 14, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »

I am not, my sister and her husband are.  I'm a bit jealous.  I'll have to resort to watching it on TV.  Should be interesting to see what kind of reception Manny gets.  He'll most likely have a mix of cheers and boos, with the boos winning out.  I'd cheer the man.  As ugly as it got as he forced his way out of town, he was a HUGE reason they won 2 titles and that can't be forgot or taken away.

Were tickets really hard to get, or did you just end up having to work or something? I was reading a few blogs of people based in Boston and some say they'll cheer him like he never left, and some say they'll thank him for the memories before booing him; should be exciting interleague baseball to say the least smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #473 on: June 14, 2010, 04:31:48 PM »

I thought Strasberg was pretty impressive, too...especially considering the condition of the mound.

They showed the mound, a couple times, during the broadcast.  I'm sorry...if a 6 ft 9, 220 lb guy can create a hole THAT big in the pitching mound.....your grounds crew sucks.  There's no excuse for that crap. 

If the Cleveland fans wanted to boo someone, they should have trotted out the head of the grounds crew. There was NO reason the mound should have been in that poor of a condition...especially that early.

I'm wondering how much of a role the mound played in the 5 walks he gave up. Also if he gets another mound like that against a better hitting team will they make him pay for those walks.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #474 on: June 15, 2010, 08:29:51 AM »

I'm wondering how much of a role the mound played in the 5 walks he gave up. Also if he gets another mound like that against a better hitting team will they make him pay for those walks.

I suspect it played at least some part, because you could tell he wasn't comfortable up there, and he was tentative on some of his follow through...it looked like he was afraid of slipping (again).  That's going to wreak havok with your location.....

I'd be surprised to see another mound in that rough a shape very often.  They're not supposed to be....

Together again,
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #475 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

He was definitely distracted by it, no doubt.  The way he addressed it in his post game comments was very professional - said he could have handled the situation better
and would adjust accordingly if it happened again.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #476 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

He was definitely distracted by it, no doubt.  The way he addressed it in his post game comments was very professional - said he could have handled the situation better
and would adjust accordingly if it happened again.

I actually thought he did a pretty good job handling it IN the game.  There is no way a divot THAT large should open up on a MLB mound in any major league park.  That's a good way to injure a pitcher, right there.

I don't think he was out of line asking the grounds crew to address it...I'm not surprised the Cleveland fans disagreed. Smiley

My thought is:  What kind of fit would Dallas Braden have thrown if "the center of the universe" was that fucked up.  He would have been absolutely apoplectic.    rofl

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #477 on: June 15, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »

I can't believe a grounds crew would let a mound be that bad. I'm doubting it was intentional cause it would affect the home teams pitcher as well.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #478 on: June 16, 2010, 12:55:30 AM »

Were tickets really hard to get, or did you just end up having to work or something? I was reading a few blogs of people based in Boston and some say they'll cheer him like he never left, and some say they'll thank him for the memories before booing him; should be exciting interleague baseball to say the least smoking
I've got a wedding to go to on Friday night so this wouldn't have been the best of weekends.  Not sure I would've been able to get tickets regardless though.  Red Sox tickets are hard to come by unless you have some sort of connections or you're willing to pay through the nose to see them.  I've seen the Sox more on the road the last few years than I have at Fenway.  I went to Boston once so far this year for Patriots Day and we figured we'd get tickets through scalpers if they were reasonably priced.  Big surprise, they weren't, so we just drank the day away and watched some of The Boston Marathon.

Anyhow, I would imagine tickets would be tough to come by this weekend with Manny in town.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #479 on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »

I've got a wedding to go to on Friday night so this wouldn't have been the best of weekends.  Not sure I would've been able to get tickets regardless though.  Red Sox tickets are hard to come by unless you have some sort of connections or you're willing to pay through the nose to see them.  I've seen the Sox more on the road the last few years than I have at Fenway.  I went to Boston once so far this year for Patriots Day and we figured we'd get tickets through scalpers if they were reasonably priced.  Big surprise, they weren't, so we just drank the day away and watched some of The Boston Marathon.

Anyhow, I would imagine tickets would be tough to come by this weekend with Manny in town.

Ah, that's unfortunate. Hopefully he'll hit a homer or two this weekend just for you smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: