Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are GN'R testing each CD track?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are GN'R testing each CD track?  (Read 4941 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: December 18, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »

Seems as though GN'R are getting each CD track into the set. Are they testing them at the early shows to see what works best in the long term? Or will they be rotating them in/out for the remainder of the CD Tour? Hopefully they will be rotating them. This keeps it fresh for the audience and those following from afar.... Sought of like they did on the UYI tour They had the staple classicas always in the set, but some nights you'd hear Perfect Crime, Dead Horse or You Aint The First etc...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »

If that is the case, I hope 'This I love' garnered enough positive reactions to be played at the eventual American tour. Definitely my favorite track of the album.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »

Seriously If Better, If The World, Madagascar, Street of Dreams, Scraped, Sorry,  TIL, IRS, and CD aren't performed at my show, whenever the fuck Axl comes back home to L.A., I will be VERY Disappointed. VERY. Preferabley I would want EVERY song from CD performed, but these ones fucking please Axl. Thank you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Frankenhooker
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »

Also would be cool if they decided to play Oh My God. 
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:35:38 AM »

Also would be cool if they decided to play Oh My God. 

Yeah, and newer version of Silkworms wouldn't be bad either  Wink

I guess they are testing which songs could be best for permanent setlist 2010. But if they are able to change setlist for each gig, i would be very happy.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »

Most bands fiddle with the setlists at the outset of tours, so it wouldn't surprise me...it could also be-'which ones can we pull off the most without technical glitches'? while i would love to see the osaka set when they hit they US, i wouldnt mind Estranged or Perfect Crime popping up down the line either.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember an interview from the Illusion tour where Axl said something about there not being a set list. They just got on, played until they felt they were done, played what they felt like playing, and left. Sometimes the concerts were close to three hours, other times closer to two.

Maybe I'm up in the night, but I swear I remember that.

Anyway, maybe that's how this tour is going to be? Just play off the energy of the crowd.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »

Just depends, they may see the ones that get the biggest response and make them permanent and then rotate the others.

i think they all sound great live though, so i'd love to see most of the album played on a nightly basis.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

I'm just glad their getting aired out and maybe perfected, so to speak over time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »

If that is the case, I hope 'This I love' garnered enough positive reactions to be played at the eventual American tour. Definitely my favorite track of the album.

God I love that song!  Agreed!  It may not push Patience out of the lineup...but it would not disappoint me if it did!  yes
It's soooo fucking beautiful.   love

btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you also there at Hammerstein May 12th?  How cool was that to hear TWAT for the first time!?  ...one of the greatest nights of my life. Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 07:45:52 PM »

God I love that song!  Agreed!  It may not push Patience out of the lineup...but it would not disappoint me if it did!  yes

btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you also there at Hammerstein May 12th?  How cool was that to hear TWAT for the first time!?  ...one of the greatest nights of my life. Smiley

Yes! Imagine how I felt that show being the first concert of my life!  Grin

From some of the vids I've seen so far of This I Love being played in Asia, they have what looks like stars falling on the screens as the song plays. I was blown away by that because that's exactly how I pictured that song when I first heard it at the listening party in Webster Hall.

Edit: PS. Thank you to whoever went to Mustang Harry's on May 12th. The show aside, that made my experience something I'll never forget. The pre-show party was one of the best times I've ever had. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as mush as I did there.. amongst strangers nonetheless.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:48:44 PM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, either way we have now heard every song off 'Chinese Democracy' performed live which is cool, how many bands can you think of where you've heard a live version of every song on an album? There's usually one or two songs that are just NEVER played live and you're left wondering how they WOULD sound.

I assume the songs that get the best crowd response will stay on the setlist, I think CD the song will be a permanant opener for some time to come though. I'm really hoping TWAT, TIL and Sorry (At least!) stay on  ok

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:25 PM »

Yes! Imagine how I felt that show being the first concert of my life!  Grin

From some of the vids I've seen so far of This I Love being played in Asia, they have what looks like stars falling on the screens as the song plays. I was blown away by that because that's exactly how I pictured that song when I first heard it at the listening party in Webster Hall.

Edit: PS. Thank you to whoever went to Mustang Harry's on May 12th. The show aside, that made my experience something I'll never forget. The pre-show party was one of the best times I've ever had. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as mush as I did there.. amongst strangers nonetheless.

Ditto man!  I swear to God that day was like a holy pilgrimage!  I never thought I'd be a happy man the same day I bought a burger and fries for almost $15!   hihi  (though it was a damn good burger and fries I must say!) 
I will never forget Axl wailing like only Axl can at the end of TWAT's 1st live performance.

Personally, on topic, I'm glad the band is playing such a wide variety.  I'd imagine this way they could just come into town and play what songs are connecting with them most on that particular night.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »

I though TWAT was flat that 1st night they played, due to the majority of the crowd not knowing it...Many had the bootleg already, there were evan a few people w/ homemade t-shirts w/ "the devil hates a loser" printed on the back. Looking forward to it being layed more often.
Mr. TRash
Opening Act

you think I'm doin' this all for my health

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »

I think that we'll hear most of CD, 10-12 songs each night, just like they did when promoting Appetite.  Sure that was their only album then, but CD is the only Album most of the guys in Guns have put together and toured with. 

Good afternoon, good evening, and good night.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »

I think that we'll hear most of CD, 10-12 songs each night, just like they did when promoting Appetite.  Sure that was their only album then, but CD is the only Album most of the guys in Guns have put together and toured with. 

Could be. At this point, I'm taking a "Happy with what I get stance"  hihi I don't care why they're playing the songs, I'm just happy they are!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 01:00:08 AM »

I though TWAT was flat that 1st night they played, due to the majority of the crowd not knowing it...Many had the bootleg already, there were evan a few people w/ homemade t-shirts w/ "the devil hates a loser" printed on the back. Looking forward to it being layed more often.

Didn't he call us all "You downloading mother fuckers" after playing TWAT because everyone knew the lyrics? or am I thinking of Better?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember an interview from the Illusion tour where Axl said something about there not being a set list. They just got on, played until they felt they were done, played what they felt like playing, and left. Sometimes the concerts were close to three hours, other times closer to two.

Maybe I'm up in the night, but I swear I remember that.

Anyway, maybe that's how this tour is going to be? Just play off the energy of the crowd.

I think the same thing was the case in Asia.

There was a "setlist", but it wasn't exactly followed.

Axl would often ask the guys "what do you wanna play?" and then they'd pick something.

Also, they played a bunch songs that weren't on the setlist...

It's very much about what you feel like playing. Sometimes playing a three hour plus show feels natural and sometimes it might not.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »

The album is out, so now is the time to show the album and give the songs more exposure. As they have done in the Asian shows, keep more of the new songs in the set and cut out the old songs. If things keep going with "Chinese Democracy II" or another new album, then they'd keep the focus on new songs, the songs that the guys on stage co-wrote and contributed to.

Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

They still haven't played Riad on this tour if I'm not mistaken.

I know they played it live when Bucket was in the band, though.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: