Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1535544 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4340 on: February 02, 2016, 08:28:35 PM »

WARNING:  This is truly what I think about that.
IMO that was totally staged.  Maybe Eddie Trunk wasn't in on it but IMO Axl and Baz set that up ahead of time.

They said that they had called (or texted) each other some days before the interview I think.

So, at least Axl knew Sebastian was on Eddie Trunk's show when he texted him.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4341 on: February 02, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »

They said that they had called (or texted) each other some days before the interview I think.

So, at least Axl knew Sebastian was on Eddie Trunk's show when he texted him.

I didn't know Axl and Baz admitted to being in contact with each other that recent before the Trunk show.  I thought they said they hadn't talked in months.  (not disputing what you're saying.  just saying what I thought the story was that they wanted us to believe).

If you didn't already know, that show was a regular weekly gig for Eddie Trunk so Axl would have been well aware what time Baz would "just happen" to call him while he was in rehearsal.  So even if it wasn't near the 5 hours like Slash was practicing Locomotive, Axl could have easily been rehearsing Nightrain for an hour and a half until Baz called.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4342 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:21 PM »

The lead guitarist in BFMV:

padgeBFMV ‏@MichaelPaget  3h3 hours ago
Stepped outside the rehearsal room only to hear Guns n roses rehearsing in the building across the road! Holy fuck #rocketqueen
Rocket Queen will be amazing. I loved the new band, but I've always missed Slash original solo (the last one) in this one - which is my favorite from AFD.
My favorite song of all time. I must say though, I wasn't a big fan of the long extended what seemed like 10 minute solo Slash performed during the song while playing the it with the Conspirators. I'd rather hear him go off like that during his solo spot, not in the middle of my favorite song. That's just me though.

Im right with you there, I didn't even recognize the song almost when it he went back into it at Terminal 5 when I went.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4343 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:53 PM »

Are you kidding?  You seriously think Slash needs to practice playing ROCKET QUEEN on and off for over a month??  Huh

A baseball player hits fastballs in batting practice everyday.  A basketball player shoots free throws everyday.  A quarterback works on his out rout every practice.  So yes, Slash needs to rehearse Rocket Queen.  Even if it's for just 5 minutes.  It's called developing muscle memory...and also finding new ways you may want to do something.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4344 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »

yep...keep sharpening the saw....can't hurt.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4345 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:14 PM »

A baseball player hits fastballs in batting practice everyday.  A basketball player shoots free throws everyday.  A quarterback works on his out rout every practice.  So yes, Slash needs to rehearse Rocket Queen.  Even if it's for just 5 minutes.  It's called developing muscle memory...and also finding new ways you may want to do something.   

Slash needs muscle memory to play Rocket Queen??  nervous

Sorry, IMO your sports analogy doesn't work in this scenario.
Though there probably is a good chance at some point during the tour of Axl or Slash committing a flagrant foul against the another.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4346 on: February 02, 2016, 09:39:20 PM »

Are you kidding?  You seriously think Slash needs to practice playing ROCKET QUEEN on and off for over a month??  Huh
I didn't say he needs to play all the songs over and over. But they do need to rehearse them, and I mean all of the band, not only Slash. If they play a dozen times and feel its good enough, of course they won't keep playing it.

Let's take Rocket Queen as an example. It's the same song from AFD, but each band played in their own way. I doubt the 2016 GNR would play Rocket Queen exactly like Slash's band, and the same could be said to the newguns (which played almost everything in a faster tempo). Maybe Slash wants to do his solo in the middle section of the song - how would Richard, Frank and Duff would know when to play harder or lighter and to get back at the riff before the last chorus? How Slash would know when to give them the cue to get back to the regular structure of the song?

Or maybe Slash would play exactly like the AFD arrangement. Would Richard keep doing his duet in the last solo like when he Bumblefoot played it? Would Frank play the drum roll crescendo before the main riff starts at the begining?

And again, like I said before, it's not only about the band. There's the crew who needs to know what to do at every single moment.

It's just what bands do. Once they get on a tour, they don't need to do that all over again everytime. But even then, they do need to have some rehearsals, which they usually do in the sound check.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4347 on: February 02, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

In case Fernando reads this later:  FYI:  No one in this discussion is angry or arguing.  We are each expressing our opinions.  We're all fans looking forward to the GNR tour.  This is us being festive!  Grin

back on topic:

Let's take Rocket Queen as an example. It's the same song from AFD, but each band played in their own way. I doubt the 2016 GNR would play Rocket Queen exactly like Slash's band, and the same could be said to the newguns (which played almost everything in a faster tempo). Maybe Slash wants to do his solo in the middle section of the song - how would Richard, Frank and Duff would know when to play harder or lighter and to get back at the riff before the last chorus? How Slash would know when to give them the cue to get back to the regular structure of the song?

Or maybe Slash would play exactly like the AFD arrangement. Would Richard keep doing his duet in the last solo like when he Bumblefoot played it? Would Frank play the drum roll crescendo before the main riff starts at the begining?
I would think that as many times over the decades that Duff and Slash have played together, whatever curves either one threw into Rocket Queen (for example), the other would instinctively adjust and compliment the changes.  They can probably finish each others sentences too.

As far as Richard and Frank are concerned, IMO both men are consummate professionals.  Both can and will easily adjust how/what they play so that it spotlights and enhances the "rejoining" for the benefit of the fans.  Richard has already proven himself to do this every time Izzy participated in a show.  And IMO, Richard's performance and stage presence was as awesome as ever!

And again, like I said before, it's not only about the band. There's the crew who needs to know what to do at every single moment.
Don't sell the GNR crew and techs short.  Again, consummate professionals.  They too will make sure they know every single planned moment and be ready and adjust for the moments that aren't planned.   ok

Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #4348 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »

In case Fernando reads this later:  FYI:  No one in this discussion is angry or arguing.  We are each expressing our opinions.  We're all fans looking forward to the GNR tour.  This is us being festive!  Grin

back on topic:

I would think that as many times over the decades that Duff and Slash have played together, whatever curves either one threw into Rocket Queen (for example), the other would instinctively adjust and compliment the changes.  They can probably finish each others sentences too.

As far as Richard and Frank are concerned, IMO both men are consummate professionals.  Both can and will easily adjust how/what they play so that it spotlights and enhances the "rejoining" for the benefit of the fans.  Richard has already proven himself to do this every time Izzy participated in a show.  And IMO, Richard's performance and stage presence was as awesome as ever!

Don't sell the GNR crew and techs short.  Again, consummate professionals.  They too will make sure they know every single planned moment and be ready and adjust for the moments that aren't planned.   ok

hahahaha up until this post I was like... wtf?   

Maybe only maybe the dude just meant #ROCKETQUEEN as in, wow.. not that they were actually playing that one song at that exact time.  What do I know?   

Festive.

Fun times nonetheless, no?

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4349 on: February 03, 2016, 02:50:06 AM »

back on topic:

Maybe only maybe the dude just meant #ROCKETQUEEN as in, wow.. not that they were actually playing that one song at that exact time.  What do I know?  

Festive.

Absolutely!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #4350 on: February 03, 2016, 03:27:38 AM »

back on topic:

Festive.

Well it will be for the fans, it's only a matter of buying a ticket and turning up. You on the other hand will have to work very hard & we'll have fun watching you.  hihi peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4351 on: February 03, 2016, 07:13:22 AM »

No doubt about it. They are all excellent professionals. And Im sure they can work the setlist with ease. All I'm saying is that they do need to work on that at some point at least once before the tour.

About Izzy joining as a guest: his guitar is usually lower in the mix and doesn't add much to what the band was already playing.

Don't sell the GNR crew and techs short.  Again, consummate professionals.  They too will make sure they know every single planned moment and be ready and adjust for the moments that aren't planned.   ok
Not selling short anybody. It's just that I believe this will be a new stage, a new set. And yeah, to be ready for every single planned moment they need to know what the plan is. Maybe it's the exact same plan as before, maybe it isn't. I don't know, but I assume they would need to at least rehearse it to make sure.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4352 on: February 03, 2016, 08:32:34 AM »

Once again, Duff and Slash follows up on twitter Smiley

Duff and Slash named founding member as well as Axl in the Nightrain email... Maybe  a typo

smoking

Set them straight!  It's as if they're acknowledging a universally accepted principle...the nerve!
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4353 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »

Stepped outside the rehearsal room only to hear Guns n roses rehearsing in the building across the road! Holy fuck #rocketqueen

There's still no official confirmation Axl is there, right?  I've seen tweets from Slash and Duff and pics of their gear, but no one has put Axl on the scene yet, correct?  FYI, I'm not raising any alarm bells if he is or isn't there...I'm simply trying to determine if he is there or not.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4354 on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »

There's still no official confirmation Axl is there, right?  I've seen tweets from Slash and Duff and pics of their gear, but no one has put Axl on the scene yet, correct?  FYI, I'm not raising any alarm bells if he is or isn't there...I'm simply trying to determine if he is there or not.

Come on... Axl will meet up with Slash for the first time about 6 minutes before they go onstage in vegas... like hey man how ya doing...what song you want to start with.. and then boom... show time !  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4355 on: February 03, 2016, 09:04:19 AM »

Come on... Axl will meet up with Slash for the first time about 6 minutes before they go onstage in vegas... like hey man how ya doing...what song you want to start with.. and then boom... show time !  Grin

That would not shock me at all!
Princess Leia
« Reply #4356 on: February 03, 2016, 09:06:45 AM »

That would not shock me at all!

That makes the two of us  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4357 on: February 03, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »

Duff and Slash named founding member as well as Axl in the Nightrain email... Maybe  a typo

smoking

Correct.

The author of the e-mail must've misread the press release and wrote founding instead of former.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #4358 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »

smoking

Correct.

The author of the e-mail must've misread the press release and wrote founding instead of former.

/jarmo

An email coming from Nightrain? The email is written in English and Spanish. The author made the same mistake twice?

If that?s the case they better hire a competent guy
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4359 on: February 03, 2016, 09:52:09 AM »

smoking

Correct.

/jarmo

An email coming from Nightrain? The email is written in English and Spanish. The author made the same mistake twice?

If that?s the case they better hire a competent guy

in the English press release for this show doesnt it say:
The Mexico City date marks the fifth scheduled appearance in April of the iconic lineup featuring founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan.?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: