Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1535249 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4280 on: January 29, 2016, 12:43:14 AM »

This latest tweet specifically says "we" and was retweeted by Duff.  Doesn't that make it seem like it was 'approved' by Axl/Slash/Duff as one camp to be posted under the GNR account name?

Jesus.  We...as in GNR.  No need to overthink things.  I'm sure Axl can tweet things without checking with someone else

So you think that all of a sudden Axl is too shy to own up that those are his words so he used the GNR account instead of his own?

You ever think that Axl may use both?  I would believe he certainly could ...which means this isn't new...and he isn't shy.  But in all honesty, I just think Axl and Duff or Axl, Slash, Richard...whoever, have probably spoken about all these people taking credit.  Multiple people in GNR think its funny, so Axl tweets it.  But I highly doubt Axl had to ask other members if he could tweet it (get it approved).

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #4281 on: January 29, 2016, 07:28:25 AM »

I think If this is indirect to Steven Tyler I consider wrong, respect for Steven should be higher, because without Aerosmith there would be no Guns N' Roses
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #4282 on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:25 AM »

I kind of feel bad for Steven if only because based on what he said he was merely saying they should get back together. Where as someone like fred durst straight came out and said he was the reason for them getting back together. Steven has first hand experience when it comes to this type of situation when joe and brad left aerosmith back in the early 80s and im sure when they came back he realized the chemistry they have as a band. They  may not always get along well but as a band they gel extremely well so their are alot of parallels between GNR and Aerosmith
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4283 on: January 29, 2016, 10:46:55 AM »

Rotosound Official ‏@rotosound_uk  Jan 25
Short stop off at the rehearsal studios to catch up with Mr Duff McKagan....
#rotosound? https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-pEYtPzol/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4284 on: January 29, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »

Rotosound Official ‏@rotosound_uk  Jan 25
Short stop off at the rehearsal studios to catch up with Mr Duff McKagan....
#rotosound? https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-pEYtPzol/

Niiiiice!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4285 on: January 30, 2016, 11:04:18 AM »

I listened to the Steven Tyler / Howard Stern interview ... I am not an aerosmith fan, but Steven was actually complimentary of Axl, and sounded almost like a fan that wants to see the original GNR.

overmatik
« Reply #4286 on: January 31, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »

I kind of have mixed feelings about this tweet. It's not something that I feel Slash would ever have allowed if he was consulted, being so close with Steven and Joe like he is. Even if is not directed at Steven it may be interpreted so by him and might create some bad blood.

Also, who is responsible for talking for GNR? Does Axl need to check with the other guys before posting something as GNR? What if Slash and Duff are not happy with something posted under GNR social media?
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4287 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »

I kind of have mixed feelings about this tweet. It's not something that I feel Slash would ever have allowed if he was consulted, being so close with Steven and Joe like he is. Even if is not directed at Steven it may be interpreted so by him and might create some bad blood.

Also, who is responsible for talking for GNR? Does Axl need to check with the other guys before posting something as GNR? What if Slash and Duff are not happy with something posted under GNR social media?

I think Slash and Duff are going to make like 30 million each this summer so they don't care lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4288 on: January 31, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »

This is sort of what I was trying to ask.  I asked because I don't get why some people are saying Axl wrote the tweet.  I asked, IF he did write it, why didn't he just own it and post it to on his own twitter.

If I understand Fernando's reply to these questions, the GNR social media posts are made with "consent" of the "powers that be" in the camp.

From what I can tell, Duff was the ONLY one who retweeted it.  Axl did not and Slash did not and Fernando did not. 

Maybe Axl/Slash/Fernando did not feel the need to retweet it since it was in fact agreed to and posted by them as "we" under the GNR camp banner??

Or ... maybe it was Axl channeling his inner Conrad Dobler  hihi   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21QtXjUodsg 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4289 on: February 01, 2016, 06:32:19 AM »

This tweet is most likely Axls stuff...the irony and everything this is pure Axl.

A bad tweet imo, this will create unessessary bad blood between Tyler and GNR, specially because Aerosmith is such a high influence for Slash. But Axl does what he wants to...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #4290 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:49 AM »

This tweet is most likely Axls stuff...the irony and everything this is pure Axl.

A bad tweet imo, this will create unessessary bad blood between Tyler and GNR, specially because Aerosmith is such a high influence for Slash. But Axl does what he wants to...

Maybe its not targeted on Steven (well not only), maybe there are people who tried to claim that the reunion happened because of them that we dont even know.

The media addressed Tyler.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Princess Leia
« Reply #4291 on: February 01, 2016, 06:57:23 AM »

I think if Slash doesn?t support that tweet he most likely he called Tyler to avoid any trouble between them. The thing is the tweet mentions the fans. And for what I see here and in other forum not every single fan is happy about it.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4292 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »

I think if Slash doesn?t support that tweet he most likely he called Tyler to avoid any trouble between them. The thing is the tweet mentions the fans. And for what I see here and in other forum not every single fan is happy about it.

Is it unnecessarily antagonistic and inviting tension and controversy?  Probably, but hello, this is GnFnR.  Axl?s never been in this game to make friends, and it looks like he ain?t about to start.  They were at their best when they were this chaotic ball of energy that no one knew what was going to happen next.  To me, it shows that he?s not just going through the motions, that he?s still got the same passion for Guns (and for setting the record straight) as he?s always had.
Princess Leia
« Reply #4293 on: February 01, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »

Is it unnecessarily antagonistic and inviting tension and controversy?  Probably, but hello, this is GnFnR.  Axl?s never been in this game to make friends, and it looks like he ain?t about to start.  They were at their best when they were this chaotic ball of energy that no one knew what was going to happen next.  To me, it shows that he?s not just going through the motions, that he?s still got the same passion for Guns (and for setting the record straight) as he?s always had.

So he was bad ass and angry on twitter? Wow!!!

The same way he ranted about Warren Beaty in Paris 92 he could?ve waited for the first show in Vegas and rant about people taking credit for the reunion naming names.

I want to see his anger and the "chaotic ball of energy" as you put it on stage and on his songs.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #4294 on: February 01, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »

Yes, let's all hope valuable stage time for Axl and Slash's first show in 23 years is used to whine about completely inconsequential petty meaningless bullshit.  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4295 on: February 01, 2016, 10:11:47 AM »

I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about this. I honestly don't think Steven Tyler gives a damn about the tweet or the articles that tried to start a feud, if he even knows about it. Whoever wrote the tweet is simply saying, anyone who has said 5 words to Axl or Slash over the years has told them they need to get back together. So it's comical that so many of those people are coming out saying they told them that. Surely, they can see the humor in that. Steven himself isn't taking credit for the reunion, he just said that he spoke to Axl about it. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly don't see any big feud between Aerosmith and GNR coming from this. It'll be forgotten in a matter of weeks.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4296 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:35 AM »

I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about this. I honestly don't think Steven Tyler gives a damn about the tweet or the articles that tried to start a feud, if he even knows about it. Whoever wrote the tweet is simply saying, anyone who has said 5 words to Axl or Slash over the years has told them they need to get back together. So it's comical that so many of those people are coming out saying they told them that. Surely, they can see the humor in that. Steven himself isn't taking credit for the reunion, he just said that he spoke to Axl about it. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly don't see any big feud between Aerosmith and GNR coming from this. It'll be forgotten in a matter of weeks.

Agreed. All Around.

I think everybody is just feverishly waiting for some kind of story from the guys on how this all came together... at the moment... speaking for myself... I keep checking my phone every 5 minutes for more news and tour dates and press and announcements and everything else.

So in the mean time we will make a big deal about a tweet and turn it in to a non existent feud between rock n roll heavyweights.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:27:04 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Princess Leia
« Reply #4297 on: February 01, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »

Yes, let's all hope valuable stage time for Axl and Slash's first show in 23 years is used to whine about completely inconsequential petty meaningless bullshit.  hihi

Tell them it?s meaningless bullshit. They came up with that tweet
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4298 on: February 01, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »

So he was bad ass and angry on twitter? Wow!!!

The same way he ranted about Warren Beaty in Paris 92 he could?ve waited for the first show in Vegas and rant about people taking credit for the reunion naming names.

I want to see his anger and the "chaotic ball of energy" as you put it on stage and on his songs.

Yeah, I get the ?twitter gangster? feel of this.  I think he (and/or the band) got sick and tired of everyone coming out of the woodwork claiming they had a part in getting the band back together.  So, the nip it in the bud, he sent out a simple STFU message.  Necessary?  No.  But will it stop other people from trying to claim responsibility for the reunion?  Probably. 
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #4299 on: February 01, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »

Let me know when Axl comes out and says yes that tweet was directed at Steven specifically until then why speculate or do people just like to blame Axl for everything which i think alot of people love to do and just run with it.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: