Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:17:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1535181 times)
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #4260 on: January 28, 2016, 10:59:34 AM »

Wow, this reminds me of the 90s! They haven?t even started touring, and yet we already have negative and distorted shit about them in the press!

Hell has frozen over.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #4261 on: January 28, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »

I listened to the entire Steven Tyler interview.  He was asked a question and simply answered it, even going out of his way to say that he wasn't directly responsible but that he had just had conversations with both Slash and Axl in the past about it.  Any perception that Steven is taking credit has more to do with the media taking things out of context than was he actually said.  And I think Axl, Slash and Duff know how that works!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Princess Leia
« Reply #4262 on: January 28, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »

I listened to the entire Steven Tyler interview.  He was asked a question and simply answered it, even going out of his way to say that he wasn't directly responsible but that he had just had conversations with both Slash and Axl in the past about it.  Any perception that Steven is taking credit has more to do with the media taking things out of context than was he actually said.  And I think Axl, Slash and Duff know how that works!

The statement says "many people..." So obviously it?s not about one person. Was Tyler one of the many people they aimed in the statement? I think he was. Was it right to add Tyler? I?m with you, I don?t think Tyler meant to take credit for anything. But GN?R might think otherwise.

I?m afraid it?s not about what Steven Tyler said. It?s how they feel about it
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4263 on: January 28, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

The only bad press is no press just ask Trump. Keep 'em coming peace

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4264 on: January 28, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »

Wow, this reminds me of the 90s! They haven?t even started touring, and yet we already have negative and distorted shit about them in the press!

The press is even more dangerous and misleading in 2016 than it was back then.  Back then media outlets at least kind of had a reputation they had to maintain.  That still didn't stop a lot  them from reporting outright lies but it kept some of them in check.  There was a process they had to go through to get a story published.  2016 is like the Wild West.  "Journalists" can throw anything on the Internet in seconds and they usually don't fact check any of it.  Even worse, in this world of click bait we live in, it is actually beneficial to them to post a misleading headline because it gets more clicks.  That Alternative Nation seems to be one of the worst offenders recently.  I heard the Steven Tyler clip from Stern, then I saw the headlines about what Tyler said and you would think there are 50 different clips we didn't hear, there aren't.  It is just being manipulated by bloggers and anyone else with a voice.

All of that said, is it any wonder why Axl, Slash and Duff haven't done any press yet?  Why would they?  The whole point of doing media is to promote your current projects, judging from ticket sales they don't need to do any promoting.   Why go down that road where you know some unknown blogger is just waiting to take some of their words out of context to try to stir up some shit between them?

Edited to add:

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.  Did the tweet ever mention Steven Tyler?  Do you think any of the people running blabbermouth contacted anyone from the band to confirm it was about Tyler?

GUNS N' ROSES Pokes Fun At STEVEN TYLER For Taking Credit For Band's Reunion
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:52:41 AM by Bodhi » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4265 on: January 28, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »

The press is even more dangerous and misleading in 2016 than it was back then.  Back then media outlets at least kind of had a reputation they had to maintain.  That still didn't stop a lot  them from reporting outright lies but it kept some of them in check.  There was a process they had to go through to get a story published.  2016 is like the Wild West.  "Journalists" can throw anything on the Internet in seconds and they usually don't fact check any of it.  Even worse, in this world of click bait we live in, it is actually beneficial to them to post a misleading headline because it gets more clicks.  That Alternative Nation seems to be one of the worst offenders recently.  I heard the Steven Tyler clip from Stern, then I saw the headlines about what Tyler said and you would think there are 50 different clips we didn't hear, there aren't.  It is just being manipulated by bloggers and anyone else with a voice.

All of that said, is it any wonder why Axl, Slash and Duff haven't done any press yet?  Why would they?  The whole point of doing media is to promote your current projects, judging from ticket sales they don't need to do any promoting.   Why go down that road where you know some unknown blogger is just waiting to take some of their words out of context to try to stir up some shit between them?

Edited to add:

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.  Did the tweet ever mention Steven Tyler?  Do you think any of the people running blabbermouth contacted anyone from the band to confirm it was about Tyler?

GUNS N' ROSES Pokes Fun At STEVEN TYLER For Taking Credit For Band's Reunion
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net

So you don't think it's a reasonable assumption that Steven Tyler was one of the people that the tweet was referring to?  Steven's comments were the closet in time to the tweet.  Since he was the last (of several) people to discuss the reunion, it's not a complete leap of faith to assume he was part of the intended audience.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4266 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:23 PM »

I guess it is a reasonable assumption, does that make it fact?  So you think it is ok for media to report things as absolute fact because they assume something?  They could have reported the story the way it happened, but putting Steven Tyler's name in the headline gave the article more clicks. There are a lot of people taking credit for the shows.   I think if GNR meant to single out Steven Tyler they would have, don't you?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:20:46 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4267 on: January 28, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »

I guess it is a reasonable assumption, does that make it fact?  So you think it is ok for media to report things as absolute fact because they assume something?  They could have reported the story the way it happened, but putting Steven Tyler's name in the headline gave the article more clicks. There are a lot of people taking credit for the shows.   I think if GNR meant to single out Steven Tyler they would have, don't you?

The article states that the tweet "appears to be a direct reaction to Tyler's claims".  They are not stating it as fact. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4268 on: January 28, 2016, 01:27:33 PM »

Some headlines:

Guns N' Roses shoots down Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler's claims he helped them reunite
Feud Alert! Guns N' Roses Shoots Shade at Steven Tyler Over Upcoming Reunion Concerts
Guns N’ Roses Poke Fun at Steven Tyler + Others Claiming Responsibility for Reunion
Guns N' Roses slag off Steven Tyler for trying to take the credit for their reunion

All mention Steven Tyler while the original tweet did not!
In the articles themselves, they make it clear that it might be directed at Steven Tyler.... hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4269 on: January 28, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »

Some headlines:

Guns N' Roses shoots down Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler's claims he helped them reunite
Feud Alert! Guns N' Roses Shoots Shade at Steven Tyler Over Upcoming Reunion Concerts
Guns N? Roses Poke Fun at Steven Tyler + Others Claiming Responsibility for Reunion
Guns N' Roses slag off Steven Tyler for trying to take the credit for their reunion

All mention Steven Tyler while the original tweet did not!
In the articles themselves, they make it clear that it might be directed at Steven Tyler.... hihi

/jarmo

Of course the original tweet did not Steven directly...since when does Guns operate with unambiguous language?  Slash and Stephanie Seymour aren't named in any CD songs but I'm willing to bet some are about them. 

You think it's totally illogical for anyone to connect the dots that the tweet was directed to Steven and everyone else that made similar comments?  To me, Steven's being referenced because the tweet came out soon after his comments aired.  If Dice had been the last person to make a comment, I think the headline would read with his name and not Steven's.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4270 on: January 28, 2016, 01:40:25 PM »

The article states that the tweet "appears to be a direct reaction to Tyler's claims".  They are not stating it as fact. 

Right, the article does, which you can only get to by clicking on the extremely misleading headline.  Hence the term "click bait."  If the title of the article was more in line with actual story, not nearly as many people would have clicked on it.  It's wrong.  Also lets not  even get into the amount of people who only read headlines and skim articles, which is how all this inaccurate stuff gets traction. A title like this shows up on people's newsfeeds and people who don't read the article go on thinking there is this huge GNR/Aerosmith feud.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:43:10 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4271 on: January 28, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

Right, the article does, which you can only get to by clicking on the extremely misleading headline.  Hence the term "click bait."  If the title of the article was more in line with actual story, not nearly as many people would have clicked on it.  It's wrong.  Also lets not  even get into the amount of people who only read headlines and skim articles, which is how all this inaccurate stuff gets traction. A title like this shows up on people's newsfeeds and people who don't read the article go on thinking there is this huge GNR/Aerosmith feud.

I get (and agree) that the headlines are nothing more than click bait.  But ask yourself:  If it wasn't (at least in part) directed at Steve, to whom was it directed at?  There has to be an intended target(s), right?  It seems silly to think that the tweet would be made in a vacuum.  Of course it was directed at someone, or a group of people. 

Also, FWIT, I think it's kind of funny.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4272 on: January 28, 2016, 01:50:28 PM »

You think it's totally illogical for anyone to connect the dots that the tweet was directed to Steven and everyone else that made similar comments?  To me, Steven's being referenced because the tweet came out soon after his comments aired.  If Dice had been the last person to make a comment, I think the headline would read with his name and not Steven's.

I didn't say it's illogical, but the headlines make it seem like it's 100% sure it's about Steven Tyler. And then you click it and find out it might, or might not be, about him.
So if you only read the headlines, you get the impression they singled him out in the tweet. Which they obviously didn't.

I think GN'R vs Steven Tyler makes a better headline than Dice....
More clicks for their sites!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4273 on: January 28, 2016, 02:01:54 PM »

This latest tweet specifically says "we" and was retweeted by Duff.  Doesn't that make it seem like it was 'approved' by Axl/Slash/Duff as one camp to be posted under the GNR account name?

Jesus.  We...as in GNR.  No need to overthink things.  I'm sure Axl can tweet things without checking with someone else

So you think that all of a sudden Axl is too shy to own up that those are his words so he used the GNR account instead of his own?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #4274 on: January 28, 2016, 04:11:33 PM »

This latest tweet specifically says "we" and was retweeted by Duff.  Doesn't that make it seem like it was 'approved' by Axl/Slash/Duff as one camp to be posted under the GNR account name?

Jesus.  We...as in GNR.  No need to overthink things.  I'm sure Axl can tweet things without checking with someone else

So you think that all of a sudden Axl is too shy to own up that those are his words so he used the GNR account instead of his own?

I find that a bit odd. If Axl was so concerned about the people taking credit for the reunion then why didn?t he use his own twitter. Nor he has retweeted the statement, at least not yet.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4275 on: January 28, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »

maybe it was ghostwritten

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #4276 on: January 28, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »

Steven was beyond classy.  If you listen to Stern he went on to even say Axls amazing on his own.  The problem with social media is that it makes people social tools. #GnFnR
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:24:55 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4277 on: January 28, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »

I feel "we" should be considered as all of us.  With exception of Adz, he's not "we". 

I ate some ice cream last week.  Think it's fair to say it was me who's responsible for all this.

Mystery solved!!!  Thanks Fernando for confirming that GNR tweet was directed at that fake wanna-be insider AdZ!!!  rant

P.S.
Let's keep it festive. 
You've probably been too busy to notice but this IS how "we" GNR fans keep it festive.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4278 on: January 28, 2016, 08:00:01 PM »

All this talk about Steven while Fred durst and Andrew dice clay dodge bullets

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #4279 on: January 28, 2016, 10:51:25 PM »

All this talk about Steven while Fred durst and Andrew dice clay dodge bullets
Not forgetting Corey Taylor
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: