Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1533994 times)
Annie
« Reply #4120 on: January 11, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »

I would imagine that some intense negotiations are going on and with the feeding frenzy that the media has created they want everything signed, sealed and delivered before people talk about it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4121 on: January 11, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »

I would imagine that some intense negotiations are going on and with the feeding frenzy that the media has created they want everything signed, sealed and delivered before people talk about it.

Exactly.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4122 on: January 11, 2016, 09:59:12 AM »

But how is the line-up still not locked down?  Are they really still trying to decide?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4123 on: January 11, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »

But how is the line-up still not locked down?  Are they really still trying to decide?

If it is 100% locked down, I can't for the life of me imagine why they won't confirm it.

If Slash and Duff hadn't been announced yet, I could understand it because of the big news it would be. If the remaining line-up is Richard, Pitman, Frank and Dizzy... they were in the band to begin with, it's not really a big news story that they're still in. It's not like the management are awaiting "the right time" to announce those four members. The big news was Slash and Duff, and that has been confirmed already.

It leads me to believe they haven't decided or signed on the complete line-up yet.

Sweetness is a virtue
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #4124 on: January 11, 2016, 10:09:52 AM »

The thing that seems a little strange to me though, is why Slash and Duff could confirm their involvement straight away while Pitman now can't.

It was mentioned here that there might be negotiations with Izzy and Steven still, but neither of them would replace Pitman's position in the band anyway.

Only thing I can think of is that only Axl, Slash and Duff are 100% confirmed in the line-up at the moment.

Slash and Duff were confirmed because that's news. Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Pitman being in the band isn't news. They already were.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4125 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »

The thing that seems a little strange to me though, is why Slash and Duff could confirm their involvement straight away while Pitman now can't.

It was mentioned here that there might be negotiations with Izzy and Steven still, but neither of them would replace Pitman's position in the band anyway.

Only thing I can think of is that only Axl, Slash and Duff are 100% confirmed in the line-up at the moment.

Slash and Duff were confirmed because that's news. Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Pitman being in the band isn't news. They already were.

OK.

So if we know he's in the band, why can't Pitman say that he's gonna play Coachella with GNR?

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4126 on: January 11, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »

OK.

So if we know he's in the band, why can't Pitman say that he's gonna play Coachella with GNR?

But he did!! Look at his FB page...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4127 on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »

OK.

Yeah, then management told him not to...

Check his tweet.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4128 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »

OK.

Check his tweet.

Wow i hadn't seen that!!!  confused confused

Why all this B/S??? This is starting to annoy me...   drool

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4129 on: January 11, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

For the record, I think it's pretty clear Pitman is in the band.

I'm just raising the question to why he can't confirm it. The only good explanation I got is that there are still negotiations with former members, and they don't know 100% what the line-up will be.

Maybe there will be a slightly different line-up at Coachella than on the tour. Let's say the AFD 5 will play Coachella, and the line-up we're all assuming (Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Chris, Frank, Dizzy) will play on the tour...

Therefore, as of now, it's not certain that Chris will play Coachella.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4130 on: January 11, 2016, 10:37:30 AM »

For the record, I think it's pretty clear Pitman is in the band.

I'm just raising the question to why he can't confirm it. The only good explanation I got is that there are still negotiations with former members, and they don't know 100% what the line-up will be.

Maybe there will be a slightly different line-up at Coachella than on the tour. Let's say the AFD 5 will play Coachella, and the line-up we're all assuming (Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Chris, Frank, Dizzy) will play on the tour...

Therefore, as of now, it's not certain that Chris will play Coachella.

I'm sure there's a lot of negotiations on the table right now... GNR is a HUGE trademark, imagine all the business and people involved in this management...they have to discuss from participation in ticket sales to percentage of merchandising...and with the reurn of Duff and Slash all of this must be reviewed...contracts discussed, and maybe even lawsuits the might have against one another. Overall things might be much more complex than we think, so that's the reason anyone can just go to the media and confirm or deny anything until all internal issues have been resolved!

Princess Leia
« Reply #4131 on: January 11, 2016, 11:22:30 AM »

OK.

Check his tweet.

Wow i hadn't seen that!!!  confused confused

Why all this B/S??? This is starting to annoy me...   drool

Just another day at the office. Don?t worry about anything
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4132 on: January 11, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »

Chris Pitman ‏@CPitmanofficial  2h2 hours ago
I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc.  So there, denied! #GamesForDays
I took this as Chris tongue-in-cheek joking with us. 
As in "I'm acknowledging that I'm not acknowledging anything.  I'm specifically not acknowledging anything about coachella, gnr, etc."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4133 on: January 11, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »

Chris Pitman ‏@CPitmanofficial  2h2 hours ago
I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc.  So there, denied! #GamesForDays
I took this as Chris tongue-in-cheek joking with us. 
As in "I'm acknowledging that I'm not acknowledging anything.  I'm specifically not acknowledging anything about coachella, gnr, etc."

Are you suggesting he made up the part about management telling him that?

I get that the tweet is made somewhat sarcastic, but I don't see how it would be smart to make up such a thing.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4134 on: January 11, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »

IMO he's making a joke.

If he was seriously told not to say anything, why would he chance alienating himself from the powers-that-be by saying exactly what it is that he's not supposed to be talking about?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4135 on: January 11, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »

Why would he say anything at all if management made no such request?

If anything he's putting the management in a bad light.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4136 on: January 11, 2016, 06:05:25 PM »

That's why I think he's joking. 

He's probably reading all the bullshit hater posts attacking anything/anyone who would dare suggest a NuGNR member be onstage at Coachella alongside the original AFD5.

From everything we've seen online over the past few years, including Axl retweeting that hand-in-the-fog studio window pic, respect seems to go both ways in the GNR camp between him and them.

I would just find it hard to believe that Chris would deliberately cast management in a bad light.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4137 on: January 11, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »

That's why I think he's joking. 

He's probably reading all the bullshit hater posts attacking anything/anyone who would dare suggest a NuGNR member be onstage at Coachella alongside the original AFD5.

From everything we've seen online over the past few years, including Axl retweeting that hand-in-the-fog studio window pic, respect seems to go both ways in the GNR camp between him and them.

I would just find it hard to believe that Chris would deliberately cast management in a bad light.

It's obviously a joke in there. He knows that he's practically confirmed he's in the band with previous posts, so his "denied" is clearly ironic.

However, the question isn't really whether or not Chris is in the band, but rather why the management wants to avoid the "confirmations" from the band members.

If Chris, Dizzy, Frank and Richard are the band members, why not just confirm it?

Sweetness is a virtue
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4138 on: January 11, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »

I don't really see how he's putting management in a bad light. He's just saying what happened. They asked him not to confirm anything, so he retracted his confirmation.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4139 on: January 11, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »

I don't really see how he's putting management in a bad light. He's just saying what happened. They asked him not to confirm anything, so he retracted his confirmation.

I meant in case he made up the part about the management. If management didn't make a request.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: