Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1534648 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4060 on: January 08, 2016, 09:49:00 AM »

Looks to my like there is a some rehearsals going on.  Is that a G-K bass amp that Duff is so fond of?  Posted by Slash on Twitter and Instagram  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAQafWHzYES/

Love this.  Man, that guitar's got some lovely miles on it. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #4061 on: January 08, 2016, 09:53:21 AM »

That first screenshot of these three men standing next to each other is really going to be a sight for sore eyes.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #4062 on: January 08, 2016, 09:58:40 AM »

Will be exciting to see for sure.! ok
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #4063 on: January 08, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »

Is that Frank Ferrers drum kit on the pic?

That would be my guess, but it's hard to say when all you see is a cymbal.

Wonder if there's a little 3 foot axl ramp out of the frame.  hihi
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4064 on: January 08, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »

I still dont think its official till Baz says so.
Time for him to call Axl at the rehersals... and get him to do an interview Smiley
I guess thats where JKL went wrong... should have just gotten Baz Cheesy

Baz:"Hey Axl... I'm on JKL... and like... you mind coming down here to give an interview?" ....
Axl: "I'm at rehearsals... but sure thing... I'll be there in a sec.. btw... take a listen to this...Its our new guitar player (in the background)"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:01:57 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4065 on: January 08, 2016, 11:50:10 AM »

Could anybody please bribe a tecnician, sound engineer...in Van Nuys to sneak in a smartphone and post us bits of the rehearsals? 😜 Grin

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4066 on: January 08, 2016, 11:51:48 AM »

Damn, that picture sent me chills! That's the guitar from the AFD era, right? Good thing he's preparing us because when there's a picture of him and Axl together I will just lose man...  Cheesy

That picture is 100% awesome.

It shows me they are taking this seriously and making sure things are tight.  Given that level of prep, the show should be tremendous.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4067 on: January 08, 2016, 11:53:10 AM »

Would not surprise me in the least if the first time Axl and Slash talk in person in 20 years is the first night of Coachella  Wink

It would surprise me.

Because that means that Axl showed up for zero rehearsals, which I don't think he will do this time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4068 on: January 08, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »

Damn, that picture sent me chills! That's the guitar from the AFD era, right? Good thing he's preparing us because when there's a picture of him and Axl together I will just lose man...  Cheesy

That picture is 100% awesome.

It shows me they are taking this seriously and making sure things are tight.  Given that level of prep, the show should be tremendous.

That pic made me so happy, and yeah, it makes sense that they're starting already.  Slash hasn't played a good chunk of those GNR songs live in a while.  Thinking he might need to bone up on Estranged, November Rain and, dare I say, Coma.  yes
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4069 on: January 08, 2016, 12:27:53 PM »

Chris stays in the kitchen...all the samples and effects are his responsibility. For me its does not do any difference whether he is in or out anyway... Roll Eyes

Stoked to hear the lion noises on Garden Of Eden live. Chris could also shine playing the heart beat and defibrillator on Coma.
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #4070 on: January 08, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »

Chris stays in the kitchen...all the samples and effects are his responsibility. For me its does not do any difference whether he is in or out anyway... Roll Eyes

Stoked to hear the lion noises on Garden Of Eden live. Chris could also shine playing the heart beat and defibrillator on Coma.

And dead horse.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4071 on: January 08, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »

Yes and no... That is not the 'AFD' guitar that the recent signature model is based off of.  The 'AFD' guitar (the Derrig) has a different flame top and zebra pickups. This could be his other copy from the same time frame,  but more likely is one of the 2 1987 Les Paul Standards he bought to tour with.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:28:11 PM by C0ma » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4072 on: January 08, 2016, 04:01:48 PM »

The pictures are just cool to see.

Reminds me of when Allen Iverson came back from exile for one last run with the Sixers here.  It was cool just to see him in uniform again, and hear him introduced to the screaming crowd.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4073 on: January 08, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »

Hey, that makes me wonder something.

On the UYI tour, Axl introduced the other band members, but never Slash.  I imagine he switches that up this time around, right?

Imagine the ovation he and Duff will get.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4074 on: January 08, 2016, 05:28:19 PM »

The pictures are just cool to see.

Reminds me of when Allen Iverson came back from exile for one last run with the Sixers here.  It was cool just to see him in uniform again, and hear him introduced to the screaming crowd.

Absolutely they are cool to see... when I said yes and no, it wasn't in reference to the picture being cool, but as to whether that guitar was AFD era. Just want to point out it isn't the guitar commonly refereed to as 'The AFD Guitar'
Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #4075 on: January 08, 2016, 05:35:14 PM »

I hope we see Axl/Duff/Slash at least throw a nod at each other via social media in the upcoming weeks.

I'd think there is a strong chance that Coachella tied their first public appearance together to their show.
Pedrolg
Opening Act

« Reply #4076 on: January 08, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »

Would not surprise me in the least if the first time Axl and Slash talk in person in 20 years is the first night of Coachella  Wink

It would surprise me.

Because that means that Axl showed up for zero rehearsals, which I don't think he will do this time.

Really, a legit question: "Axl never goes to rehearsals" is treated as a fact by many GNR fans. Where does this theory come from? I looked it up, found a few quotes here and there, but nothing that would turn this into such an estabilished fact.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #4077 on: January 08, 2016, 05:50:32 PM »

Well Matt Sorum claims he never rehearsed with Axl prior to Rock in Rio. There's other references as well.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4078 on: January 08, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »

I hope we see Axl/Duff/Slash at least throw a nod at each other via social media in the upcoming weeks.

I'd think there is a strong chance that Coachella tied their first public appearance together to their show.
That doesn't make much sense. Them being out promoting it would be far better for Coachella, wouldn't it?

Unless it's for the "mystery" around the show you're going for? But what would be in it for Coachella?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4079 on: January 08, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »

Really, a legit question: "Axl never goes to rehearsals" is treated as a fact by many GNR fans. Where does this theory come from? I looked it up, found a few quotes here and there, but nothing that would turn this into such an estabilished fact.

It's a bit exaggerated. Makes for a better story as usual.

Axl might not be at rehearsal while the band is learning songs or trying to figure out who plays what solo and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: