Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1536030 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3820 on: August 21, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »

'Prostitute', you'd have to shave off that piano stuff at the end.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3821 on: August 21, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »

'Prostitute', you'd have to shave off that piano stuff at the end.

Really don't mind it. The song makes a statement too so it should've been the first single.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3822 on: August 21, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »

I think Shackler?s would have been suicide.
Honestly, if that were the first song I heard of Chinese, I may have passed on the album just on principal.

I agree TWAT would have been a better option, but don?t think it was the best.

I think Street of Dreams and Better were the obvious choices.

Chinese in a sick way was a good choice or at least good representation, in that, in my opinion, it has an epic feeling intro(like the long wait) that leads to an overall disappointing song(like the album).
Sounds like a half baked Nirvana B-Side, with some interesting guitar bits cut and pasted randomly throughout. Never understood Axl?s fascination with it. Not a bad song, just incredibly underwhelming.

Street of Dreams is the closest thing to old Guns, so wouldn?t have alienated old fans, and it?s one of the stronger tracks.
Better is a bit more modern, and also one of the stronger tracks.
Both hold up well.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3823 on: August 21, 2015, 05:25:03 PM »

CD2 is 7 or 8 years old.. (longer Huh) and would only contain axl with a mish mash of players who are gone anyway... how is that going to be relevant? 

Well, to anyone other than us...no, it won't be relevant.

But who besides us are still paying attention to Guns N' Roses in 2015 and beyond anyway?

The other option is for Guns N Roses to clear the vault and just release all of the old songs without making it an "official album."  This is very common today with distribution easier than ever.  Its also very common for when bands break up or when members leave to just clear the vault and start the next chapter.  Bon Jovi just did this today by putting out "Burning Bridges" which is essentially the last songs they worked on with Sambora before he quit/got fired.  The title track is the last song on the album and is pretty much a fuck you to Richie Sambora.  This is not an official album, that comes in the spring, this is just them clearing the vault.  My Chemical Romance did this when they broke up with "Conventional Weapons" and Tom Delonge did it when he left blink by putting out a "Demo album" which were the last 8 songs he was working on for Blink 182. Those bands did it as a way of clearing the slate and starting over on their next projects.

If GNR wanted to release music they have sitting around without the scrutiny/pressure/promotional obligations  that come with a putting out a new official album, this is a route that they can go.  The above bands just put this music out with little to no promotion.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:26:38 PM by Bodhi » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3824 on: August 21, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »

The point I have made here today is that none what could only be described as a misadventure since 2000 is hurting the legacy of the real band.  Or, of Axl himself.  Constant line-up changes, iffy live vocals, etc.  None of that exists away from our little world.  No one else knows.

In a way, yes. People know the band changed. They might not know the names of all the members.
But then again, some thought Gilby was actually Izzy... And this was in an age before the Internet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #3825 on: August 21, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »

The point I have made here today is that none what could only be described as a misadventure since 2000 is hurting the legacy of the real band.  Or, of Axl himself.  Constant line-up changes, iffy live vocals, etc.  None of that exists away from our little world.  No one else knows.

In a way, yes. People know the band changed. They might not know the names of all the members.
But then again, some thought Gilby was actually Izzy... And this was in an age before the Internet.

/jarmo

So now we're agreeing? I'd consider myself a bigger than average fan of Axl and guns and I couldn't tell you the exact line ups post 2000.
Why? Because like most fans the band was finished on stage in Argentina in 93.
That's not knocking what Axl decided to do after that, but some times the truth is ugly. The majority of music fans or guns fans think the music stopped at UYI.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3826 on: August 21, 2015, 07:12:39 PM »

Maybe you'd like to learn something new then?

All you need to do is ask..... There's plenty of fellow fans here who will help you fill those gaps of missing info.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3827 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:36 PM »

Maybe you'd like to learn something new then?

All you need to do is ask..... There's plenty of fellow fans here who will help you fill those gaps of missing info.

Hahahaha

Walked right into that one, Oscar.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #3828 on: August 22, 2015, 02:49:22 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Patience? Axl is no longer a youngster so......if they take 2 or 3 years that would be a disaster.

Bruce dickinson is 57 and look great,Axl is 53 and have done drugs,alcohol and so....
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3829 on: August 23, 2015, 10:41:33 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Patience? Axl is no longer a youngster so......if they take 2 or 3 years that would be a disaster.

Bruce dickinson is 57 and look great,Axl is 53 and have done drugs,alcohol and so....

So you don't think Bruce Dickinson has ever had a drink? A lot of people experiment when they are young, but don't partake any more.

I honestly don't get the kids that think 53 is an advanced age, age is relative.

And your post is 3 shades of complete nonsense.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #3830 on: August 25, 2015, 07:32:32 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So you don't think Bruce Dickinson has ever had a drink? A lot of people experiment when they are young, but don't partake any more.

I honestly don't get the kids that think 53 is an advanced age, age is relative.

And your post is 3 shades of complete nonsense.

Of course he has drink,but not close to Gnr Level,thats pretty sure,look at axl and look at bruce.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #3831 on: August 25, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »

Being a pilot, he'd be barred from drinking before flying, so I'd guess his boozing is minimal... If any at all, its not like a cool thing anyhow to drink to get smashed to the point of pissing yourself. When you are at that level of drinking, you have big problems  Wink
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:49:40 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3832 on: August 28, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »

Tommy Stinson ‏@tommy_stinson  12m12 minutes agoManhattan, NY
Remember kids...."It takes only one pretty face to fuck up a life time of hard work"! Mr. Thumby

[his twitter]

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #3833 on: August 28, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »

Whuuuut???

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3834 on: August 28, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »

https://twitter.com/tommy_stinson/status/637391827457474560

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3835 on: August 28, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »

Very interesting!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3836 on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »

So rethink that move you were going to throw at the babysitter, fellas.

Not worth it.

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #3837 on: August 28, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »

So rethink that move you were going to throw at the babysitter, fellas.

Not worth it.

Quite well said, DX!
Many a good life ruined
By in-sitter-course

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #3838 on: August 29, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »

Tommy going through a breakup maybe?
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #3839 on: August 29, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »

Any twitter from Axl or any TB statment from current status of Gnr? or Slash?
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: