Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1536114 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3800 on: August 21, 2015, 02:17:55 PM »

People just basically pretend it never happened.  Like remembering the hot girl from high school/college, but totally disregarding the overweight, tatted up mess you see on FB in the here and now.

Hilarious.  Where's that like button???
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3801 on: August 21, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

I don't see how its not the best of both worlds, at least for us.

Think about it.  The starting point is the band breaking up, which obviously sucks.

We are all such Axl superfans, we'd be down with him reading the phone book.  We quite literally will take anything he gives us.

But, because he's not interested in shining a light on his post classic line-up work and really letting it be judged on its own merits, most people don't know its going on.

So we get to enjoy something we don't have to spend a lot of time defending (because no one knows about it) and also, we are spared having to listen to a bunch of hot takes about how terrible life is since Slash left.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3802 on: August 21, 2015, 02:37:18 PM »

When I'm corrected by someone other than around here, (and even here, by someone other than you or Emily) I will then feel its time to reassess.

Until then, its just you whistling past the graveyard, sport.

You're free to disregard my advice.
Your loss. Smiley

It's just a bit ironic that all that time you argued about things only to be told by somebody else that you were indeed wrong.... But hey, you're the first to admit you're wrong right? Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3803 on: August 21, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »

3 years...and you still don't seem to know what irony actually is.

3 long years.  And no shortage of you trying to use the term, either.

Amazing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3804 on: August 21, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »

Sorry, English is my third language and I don't understand all the fancy words.

Irony is a metal?

In other news, who knew personal insults would be the way you'd go! Whoa!

Remember that one time, on the message board, when you were told you're wrong? And then you still think you know stuff... Ironicastic!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3805 on: August 21, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »

"Irony" is not interchangeable with "that thing that happened that time".  Especially if there is no actual irony present.

Speaking in specifics to this example, what really happened?  Fernando took a post of mine where I made multiple points about several different things, quoted it, and responded with your basic "nuh-uh".

Despite several requests from both myself and a few others to elaborate, he declined.

What was accomplished there?  Other than you and few of my other big fans getting all funny in the pants over it, not much.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3806 on: August 21, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »

Nothing else was accomplished, but that speaks volumes about you. Nothing else.

The irony is that you've been given a chance to learn, you just refuse to take anything new in because you're always right (in your own little world that is). So you keep arguing in the same way as before, thinking you know what's going on and what the world thinks....

Like I said, it's apparent the world still cares about Axl Rose. No matter how many times you and your friends discuss the opposite being true in your little world.... That's all. Smiley

No, move on and ignore. And why not make some remarks about my English again?
That's always classy for someone who's quick to remark about others and their remarks of certain cliques of fans.  ok

/jarmo

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3807 on: August 21, 2015, 03:26:19 PM »

Nothing else was accomplished, but that speaks volumes about you. Nothing else.

The irony is that you've been given a chance to learn, you just refuse to take anything new in because you're always right (in your own little world that is). So you keep arguing in the same way as before, thinking you know what's going on and what the world thinks....

Like I said, it's apparent the world still cares about Axl Rose. No matter how many times you and your friends discuss the opposite being true in your little world.... That's all. Smiley

No, move on and ignore. And why not make some remarks about my English again?
That's always classy for someone who's quick to remark about others and their remarks of certain cliques of fans.  ok

/jarmo

He never said that the world stop caring about Axl Rose. If anything he was praising the fact that the world pretty much act like a certain period never existed yet Guns still remains relatively popular.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3808 on: August 21, 2015, 03:28:17 PM »

Fine.
The world only cares about what happened up to 20 years ago.

I still don't agree.
Edited to add: I'll tell you why. Just because certain people chose to focus on something, doesn't mean they don't care about the rest. Like I said, Axl Rose is still interesting to people. If people act like certain things didn't happen, shouldn't they be more open about GN'R today? If you disregard the break up of the old band, then surely it doesn't matter to you who's on stage when you see the band?

Also, now he's saying GN'R is popular?
This is the same guy who was going on and on about how there's very little demand for unpopular GN'R.....

It must be my English.
I wish his posts were subtitled.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:39:46 PM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3809 on: August 21, 2015, 03:42:41 PM »

I think there's definitely still a demand for new GNR music.  Fuck, Better should have been one of the biggest rock songs of 2008 if the marketing/promotion/video/Axl no show didn't fuck that up.

If the next album is properly released with a kick ass first single, I think the album as a whole will do well.  But all this is moot until it actually goes does down.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3810 on: August 21, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »

Also, now he's saying GN'R is popular?
This is the same guy who was going on and on about how there's very little demand for unpopular GN'R.....

No to the first and yes to the second.  Not sure where the hell you are getting that first part out of anything I said, today or ever.

GNR is popular in hindsight.  Popular the longer down memory lane you travel.  But it still maintained, preserved in those memories.

The point I have made here today is that none what could only be described as a misadventure since 2000 is hurting the legacy of the real band.  Or, of Axl himself.  Constant line-up changes, iffy live vocals, etc.  None of that exists away from our little world.  No one else knows.

I think that's a good thing.  I prefer having my favorite band ever still seen as one of the best rock acts of both their era and of alltime.

And, in the meantime, I can still look forward to any possible new album.  One that I know I will give both a fair chance and likely grade on a far more favorable curve than the rest of the world that might not even know it was a thing.

I see a win-win here.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3811 on: August 21, 2015, 03:46:10 PM »

I think there's definitely still a demand for new GNR music.  Fuck, Better should have been one of the biggest rock songs of 2008 if the marketing/promotion/video/Axl no show didn't fuck that up.

If the next album is properly released with a kick ass first single, I think the album as a whole will do well.  But all this is moot until it actually goes does down.

I would hope the most commercially viable song is released as a single for the radio, Spotify, what have you.

I happen to like the title track of the last album, but "most commercially viable" is certainly not how I would describe it.  Yet it was picked as the first single.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3812 on: August 21, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »

I would hope the most commercially viable song is released as a single for the radio, Spotify, what have you.

I happen to like the title track of the last album, but "most commercially viable" is certainly not how I would describe it.  Yet it was picked as the first single.

The minute long ambient intro (which I like) didn't exactly make Chinese Democracy a brilliant choice for the first radio single.  I mean, this is Guns N' Roses, not Pink Floyd.  Better should have 110% been the first single, the one given to 'Rock Band' and the one put in a movie.  It should have also had a video right out of the gates. 

I would hope history doesn't repeat itself for the next album. 

EDIT: Looking at the above in retrospect, Azoff really needs to be kicked in the nuts twice for not doing all of the above.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:51:11 PM by sofine11 » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3813 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »

Isn't it just about Happy Hour here on the east coast?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3814 on: August 21, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »

Isn't it just about Happy Hour here on the east coast?

Is that why I'm suddenly thirsty all of a sudden?
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3815 on: August 21, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »

sofine, the best song on the album is TWAT....after all that time, you got to bring your gun. He brought a knife to a gun fight.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3816 on: August 21, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »

sofine, the best song on the album is TWAT....after all that time, you got to bring your gun. He brought a knife to a gun fight.

I agree about that being the best.  But it probably doesn't work as a single.

Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street Of Dreams
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S.

They were probably your 5 best bets at a commercially viable song that might have gotten some airplay and made a mark.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3817 on: August 21, 2015, 04:22:48 PM »

It works as a single because it sounds like classic Gnr with a whole lot of other shit added on...Like A Rolling Stone didn't "work" as a single either until it blew the rock and roll world up. TWAT isn't that good but it is good and is a perfect example of what the new band had to offer. Bring your best and see if it sticks.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3818 on: August 21, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »

Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street Of Dreams
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S.

They were probably your 5 best bets at a commercially viable song that might have gotten some airplay and made a mark.

Literally any one of those over Chinese Democracy as a first single, yes.

As far as TWAT goes, it probably a tie between that and Better as far as my favorite track on the album goes.  But like D-X pointed out, it probably was a bit long and complicated for a single.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3819 on: August 21, 2015, 04:34:00 PM »

Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street Of Dreams
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S.

Literally any one of those over Chinese Democracy as a first single, yes.

As far as TWAT goes, it probably a tie between that and Better as far as my favorite track on the album goes.  But like D-X pointed out, it probably was a bit long and complicated for a single.

TWAT is too long to be a first single (great song though). They would cut the best parts. I would've gone in a whole different route. I would release songs that don't necessarily sound like old GnR. Madagascar or Prostitute would've been my picks.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: