Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1536147 times)
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #3780 on: August 21, 2015, 01:55:47 AM »

CD2 is 7 or 8 years old.. (longer Huh) and would only contain axl with a mish mash of players who are gone anyway... how is that going to be relevant? 

Well, to anyone other than us...no, it won't be relevant.

But who besides us are still paying attention to Guns N' Roses in 2015 and beyond anyway?

I guess its going to come down to (as always) what Axl's expectations for CD2 are. If releasing it means Axl cops it in the media again, or it doesnt meet his expectations... then whats the point of releasing for him? He isnt going to release it knowing that the chances of it being panned universally just to appease a small portion of super fans... Axl doesnt work like that.  Wink

I mean... as you alluded too.. when only half of the hardcore fan base care about CD2 being released then how many people is that in actual numbers anyway? I reside firmly in the "CD2 could wash up on a beach one day and i wouldnt care for it"  camp... why? Because other than Axl i have no affinity to any of the hired hands he's had since the UYI lineup.

With Fernando being on here recently.. and being close to Axl.. my hope would be that Axl and management are working towards giving the fans something that they want... if that means CD2... and the majority want it.. cool.. i hope they do it... for me personally.. i dont care for it and thats fine... but id just like to see Axl move back towards playing with Duff a bit more.. maybe Izzy... i think thats the closest ill get to a reunion of sorts.. i guess... but new players AGAIN? meh I am happy to live in the past with what i have if it doesnt come to reunion. I just wont be buying CD2 thats for sure. Cheesy

This to me is what I'd imagine is what Axl would like to happen, if so, I'd expect tour dates to be at large arena's. IMO Duff is good on the ol' six string too and these two would be a shoe-in for replacing BBF and DJ
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:58:08 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3781 on: August 21, 2015, 03:49:51 AM »

Jaaa, Ja, Ja, Jaz.. The Joker

R-union Writing-R

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3782 on: August 21, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

I mean... as you alluded too.. when only half of the hardcore fan base care about CD2 being released then how many people is that in actual numbers anyway? I reside firmly in the "CD2 could wash up on a beach one day and i wouldnt care for it"  camp... why? Because other than Axl i have no affinity to any of the hired hands he's had since the UYI lineup.

All legit points.

But if you are Axl, you have to sort of make your peace with that before it even starts.

With Fernando being on here recently.. and being close to Axl.. my hope would be that Axl and management are working towards giving the fans something that they want... if that means CD2... and the majority want it.. cool.. i hope they do it... for me personally.. i dont care for it and thats fine... but id just like to see Axl move back towards playing with Duff a bit more.. maybe Izzy... i think thats the closest ill get to a reunion of sorts.. i guess... but new players AGAIN? meh I am happy to live in the past with what i have if it doesnt come to reunion. I just wont be buying CD2 thats for sure. Cheesy

I'm not sure what the re-addition of Duff and Duff alone does for me.  Its still Guns N' Roses in name only.  You might be closer to actual Guns N' Roses with him versus without him, but you are still ultimately talking about a slapdash band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3783 on: August 21, 2015, 10:43:25 AM »

I wouldn?t want to see Izzy or Duff return just to keep the touring train rolling.
Seeing Axl perform with Duff and Izzy is definitely more intriguing than seeing Axl and the whats his names, but still seems half hearted.
Not sure I?m in love with a half assed reunion for recording purposes, either.
But, having Izzy on board would obviously be a coup for Axl, assuming they decide to create new music together.

I think both Axl and Slash are amazing at what they do, but are maybe more finishers.
They are good, solid songwriters on their own, but not consistently great, They both miss the song structure Izzy once provided.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3784 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »

Not for nothing but these vague postings that they like to do only supply fuel to the speculators on the fan sites. The irony is that posters get criticized for speculating.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3785 on: August 21, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »

Not for nothing but these vague postings that they like to do only supply fuel to the speculators on the fan sites. The irony is that posters get criticized for speculating.

Yep.

Of course, in 3 years I've yet to hear a rational argument why fans speculating amongst each other is satan's work.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3786 on: August 21, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

Yep.

Of course, in 3 years I've yet to hear a rational argument why fans speculating amongst each other is satan's work.

I'm sure posters will get shamed for reading too much into the posts. What I find interesting though (speculating) is that most of the newer posts feature pics of former members. No pics of the current lineup? Is their one?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3787 on: August 21, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

I'm sure posters will get shamed for reading too much into the posts. What I find interesting though (speculating) is that most of the newer posts feature pics of former members. No pics of the current lineup? Is their one?

Well, technically, we don't even have a current line-up.

But there was never any official group photo of any new line-up.  There was one of the last incarnation that was taken backstage somewhere.  Rare in the sense Axl was actually in it.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3788 on: August 21, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »

I'm really passionate about this band. Growing up in the late 80's early 90's this was the band that inspired me to pick up a guitar. To put all of my feelings down on paper. To become a musician.

To see what it's become makes me think that unless they (and by they I mean He) do anything substantial (new album of new material (not leftovers) or reunite) then they should just retire the name. I do not want to see this band become a nostalgia act. They are too important of a band to do so. 

P:S: I'm not demanding anything or trying to tell them what to do. These are my feelings.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3789 on: August 21, 2015, 12:54:51 PM »

I'm really passionate about this band. Growing up in the late 80's early 90's this was the band that inspired me to pick up a guitar. To put all of my feelings down on paper. To become a musician.

To see what it's become makes me think that unless they (and by they I mean He) do anything substantial (new album of new material (not leftovers) or reunite) then they should just retire the name. I do not want to see this band become a nostalgia act. They are too important of a band to do so. 

P:S: I'm not demanding anything or trying to tell them what to do. These are my feelings.

I largely agree with the sentiment.

But I just don't see any way what Axl has been up to is in any way tarnishing the real band's legacy or impact.  This band since 2000 is a clear cut case of the tree falling with no one to hear it.  No one knows dick about the "Guns N' Roses" that Axl has been trotting out there.

To a lot of GNR fans, that's some horrible insult.  I totally disagree.  Its a god damn blessing.

As fucked as everything turned out with this band, whenever they come up in general conversation, its always positive.  At least it is in my experience.  Talk about how great they were, how much people loved them, etc.  There is never any serious discussion about the shit show it turned into. 

People just basically pretend it never happened.  Like remembering the hot girl from high school/college, but totally disregarding the overweight, tatted up mess you see on FB in the here and now.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3790 on: August 21, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »

I largely agree with the sentiment.

But I just don't see any way what Axl has been up to is in any way tarnishing the real band's legacy or impact.  This band since 2000 is a clear cut case of the tree falling with no one to hear it.  No one knows dick about the "Guns N' Roses" that Axl has been trotting out there.

To a lot of GNR fans, that's some horrible insult.  I totally disagree.  Its a god damn blessing.

As fucked as everything turned out with this band, whenever they come up in general conversation, its always positive.  At least it is in my experience.  Talk about how great they were, how much people loved them, etc.  There is never any serious discussion about the shit show it turned into. 

People just basically pretend it never happened.  Like remembering the hot girl from high school/college, but totally disregarding the overweight, tatted up mess you see on FB in the here and now.

Totally agree
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3791 on: August 21, 2015, 01:32:26 PM »

Everyone has their own opinion on what they would prefer Guns to do.  If it were up to me, I just want GNR to put out new music.  Whatever the line up is from the past 15 years, if there is music recorded I want to hear it.  I've been a fan since the early 90's, and for me the most exciting time for the band was that 99-08 range.  The band had all these fresh new players and we were hearing new music and getting shows.  I was really excited about the new direction the band was going in, I loved "Chinese" and would like to hear more.  I will admit speaking strictly as an outsider, the past 7 years appear to be sort of a creative stalemate.  With Bumblefoot saying they haven't recorded anything since 2008 and DJ leaving it does seem that for the first time there is no clear direction for the band.  Of course big things could be in the works behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

As far as the reunion with the old line up, it does not seem realistic.  Would I be against it?  Of course not, I can't imagine many if any GNR fans being against that sort of thing.  But I have worked behind the scenes in the music business, and there are so many moving parts to make that happen I honestly would be shocked if it ever did.  I have seen bands where even though  the members were best friends,  they still were not be able to get things done because they all have different managers wanting different things.  I would be absolutely shocked if the old band was ever able to work anything out.  Plus, does Izzy even give a shit?   hihi

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3792 on: August 21, 2015, 01:38:49 PM »

Everyone has their own opinion on what they would prefer Guns to do.  If it were up to me, I just want GNR to put out new music.  Whatever the line up is from the past 15 years, if there is music recorded I want to hear it.  I've been a fan since the early 90's, and for me the most exciting time for the band was that 99-08 range.  The band had all these fresh new players and we were hearing new music and getting shows.  I was really excited about the new direction the band was going in, I loved "Chinese" and would like to hear more.  I will admit speaking strictly as an outsider, the past 7 years appear to be sort of a creative stalemate.  With Bumblefoot saying they haven't recorded anything since 2008 and DJ leaving it does seem that for the first time there is no clear direction for the band.  Of course big things could be in the works behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

As far as the reunion with the old line up, it does not seem realistic.  Would I be against it?  Of course not, I can't imagine many if any GNR fans being against that sort of thing.  But I have worked behind the scenes in the music business, and there are so many moving parts to make that happen I honestly would be shocked if it ever did.  I have seen bands where even though  the members were best friends,  they still were not be able to get things done because they all have different managers wanting different things.  I would be absolutely shocked if the old band was ever able to work anything out.  Plus, does Izzy even give a shit?   hihi

I think Izzy gives a shit. It's a band he helped found and bring to prominence. Now does he want to do anything new regarding the band is another argument.

I agree with the separate management thing though. Each one will have their own agenda. You hear about it all the time. Just heard a great interview with Bill Ward on Eddie Trunk's podcast where he talks about that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3793 on: August 21, 2015, 01:44:32 PM »

I don't think people are pretending something didn't happen just because they choose to focus on something else.
Just like Al Bundy chose to focus on those touchdowns in high school doesn't mean he was ignoring anything since.

But yeah, you got a point. When people consider the Gilby-Matt line up as the original band, it really is a bit of a stretch in a way....  Wink

Edited to add: Speculate all you want about the Facebook updates. Just don't let your speculative conclusions dictate your feelings when things don't go as you thought.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3794 on: August 21, 2015, 01:48:41 PM »

Everyone has their own opinion on what they would prefer Guns to do.  If it were up to me, I just want GNR to put out new music.  Whatever the line up is from the past 15 years, if there is music recorded I want to hear it.

Agreed.

Its also really the only option we've got.  The chances of Axl either doing anything with the old band or doing something new with a new band are about equal, at zero.

He's really only got one more bullet left in the gun, and its the material recorded by the Bucket/Robin line-up. 

So bring it on.  I'm excited to hear it.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3795 on: August 21, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »

I don't think people are pretending something didn't happen just because they choose to focus on something else.

I do.  No one outside we self confessed superfans pay a lick of attention to anything he's done lately.

Cynically, you almost wonder if that why he's so half ass about it.  Its hard to form a negative opinion on something you didn't even know is going on at the moment.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3796 on: August 21, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »

You can't have the cake and eat it too. Nobody cares? Aren't you the same guy who tried to convince me that Axl needs to call Rolling Stone to set up an interview and they'd put him on the cover?

If nobody cares, why all those news stories about the recent events?

Also, what's currently making the news is how he was allegedly late for a show that happened over 20 years ago!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3797 on: August 21, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »

You can't have the cake and eat it too. Nobody cares? Aren't you the same guy who tried to convince me that Axl needs to call Rolling Stone to set up an interview and they'd put him on the cover?

I think it would be a smart move if we are operating under the premise he still gives a damn, yes.

The other side of that coin is that it shines a real bright light on what he's up to, for better or worse.  Since I don't feel he's real invested in getting that done, its why I feel no call has been made.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3798 on: August 21, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »

Well, I wouldn't take your word on it.... Considering...

The point is, people still care. No matter how much you want to pretend nobody does.

Maybe it's time you realized that your world isn't representative of the rest of the planet or that your thoughts aren't exactly based on reality?  Smiley
When you make claims like nobody cares, a simple glance at Google News tells you otherwise. It's easy to prove you wrong. But you don't seem to care about letting facts get in the way....

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3799 on: August 21, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »

Well, I wouldn't take your word on it.... Considering...

The point is, people still care. No matter how much you want to pretend nobody does.

Maybe it's time you realized that your world isn't representative of the rest of the planet or that your thoughts aren't exactly based on reality?  Smiley
When you make claims like nobody cares, a simple glance at Google News tells you otherwise. It's easy to prove you wrong. But you don't seem to care about letting facts get in the way....

When I'm corrected by someone other than around here, (and even here, by someone other than you or Emily) I will then feel its time to reassess.

Until then, its just you whistling past the graveyard, sport.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:06:29 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: