Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:32:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1536169 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3760 on: August 20, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3761 on: August 20, 2015, 02:05:29 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seems something is brewing. Hopefully it'll all be worth the wait!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3762 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:22 PM »

Yeah, I just saw this on my feed.

If this actually leads somewhere, its a smart move.  A little communication goes a long way.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3763 on: August 20, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »

new t-shirts from 1988! Lies reissue starts now!  Roll Eyes

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3764 on: August 20, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »

Lol. I'm choosing to believe that the next big announcement is going to be in regard to new music/the next album.  History might dictate that I be smacked in the mouth for that belief, but nevertheless, I'm hopeful.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3765 on: August 20, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »

Well, yeah.  That's the thing.

This is the kind of thing that is ripe for ridicule if nothing comes of it.  (e.g. : "3 hour meeting")

But if news does come down the pike in a short while, you can point to this as a good thing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3766 on: August 20, 2015, 02:25:06 PM »

This is the kind of thing that is ripe for ridicule if nothing comes of it.  (e.g. : "3 hour meeting")

But if news does come down the pike in a short while, you can point to this as a good thing.

...I just hope the big news has nothing to do with the 'Nightrain'. That's the only thing I hope.  nervous
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3767 on: August 20, 2015, 02:49:52 PM »

...I just hope the big news has nothing to do with the 'Nightrain'. That's the only thing I hope.  nervous

You mean a call from Frank and a new belt buckle???  It has to be new music...right?  Everything's always ambiguous so they can fall back on the ever-reliable "we never said that" but reading between the lines what else could it be?  It's the #1 thing most people want, and there has been an uptick of communication.  Dammit...I'm falling into the pit of hopefulness...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3768 on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:02 PM »

You mean a call from Frank and a new belt buckle???  It has to be new music...right?  Everything's always ambiguous so they can fall back on the ever-reliable "we never said that" but reading between the lines what else could it be?  It's the #1 thing most people want, and there has been an uptick of communication.  Dammit...I'm falling into the pit of hopefulness...

Ya know, at this point, it just has to be the next big development.  The Bluray/DVD was a nice "farewell" to that touring lineup/era, so the next logical thing to do would be to release the next round of tracks....Right??  yes
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3769 on: August 20, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »

I think its positive. 

Meaning, it might mean something relevant for the future.  Not some other dopey half ass fan club giveaway.  I can't see giving that sort of thing its own build like this.

Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3770 on: August 20, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »

I think its positive. 

Meaning, it might mean something relevant for the future.  Not some other dopey half ass fan club giveaway.  I can't see giving that sort of thing its own build like this.

Then again who knows. Kudos for being positive though DX.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3771 on: August 20, 2015, 03:35:25 PM »

I think its positive. 

I think that we are, by and far, closer to hearing the next album now than we have been since the Chi Dem tour started.  I'm not sure what exactly that means, but I think you are correct that it is definitely positive.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #3772 on: August 20, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »

History has taught me to not read too much into anything with this group. If nothing happens and fans complain I can hear the response being something to the effect of no one ever stated anything. They were only quoting lyrics from a song.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3773 on: August 20, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »

thank you...it's like being in AA...just when you think you got it licked...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3774 on: August 20, 2015, 05:42:57 PM »

I think all signs are pointing in the right direction, so hopefully that's where we are headed  beer

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3775 on: August 20, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »

thank you...it's like being in AA...just when you think you got it licked...

Yep.

And let's be honest.  Once a new album comes out, no one's going to give a fuck that Ron or DJ left.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3776 on: August 20, 2015, 06:19:11 PM »

New album and Duff?s back to the band

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #3777 on: August 20, 2015, 07:49:53 PM »

I saw the post this morning... then dismissed it.   Wink

nah in all seriousness.. i hope that it leads to something...

As everyone else knows id love to see Axl re-emerge with the originals.. even if hoping for slash to come back is a bridge to far.. id be 50% more happy with Duff and or Izzy making some appearances with whoever they get for lead....

Ill be honest... releasing CD2 does nothing for me really.. im not interested in an album that contains bit parts from players over the last 10 years that wasnt emotionally invested in anyway.. I wasn't a fan of CD anyway.. so i highly doubt CD2 will be much different to what was served up on that record. Just my opinion.

It's reunion.. do an album with duff/slash/izzy/steven or matt then tour the shit out of it... or bust for me as far as interest in new music is concerned.

CD2 is 7 or 8 years old.. (longer Huh) and would only contain axl with a mish mash of players who are gone anyway... how is that going to be relevant? 

Note disclaimer.. before i get shot down... this is just my personal opinion.. others have a different one.. and thats fine. Not looking to start another 6 page war.  Smiley
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3778 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »

CD2 is 7 or 8 years old.. (longer Huh) and would only contain axl with a mish mash of players who are gone anyway... how is that going to be relevant? 

Well, to anyone other than us...no, it won't be relevant.

But who besides us are still paying attention to Guns N' Roses in 2015 and beyond anyway?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #3779 on: August 20, 2015, 11:43:20 PM »

Well, to anyone other than us...no, it won't be relevant.

But who besides us are still paying attention to Guns N' Roses in 2015 and beyond anyway?

I guess its going to come down to (as always) what Axl's expectations for CD2 are. If releasing it means Axl cops it in the media again, or it doesnt meet his expectations... then whats the point of releasing for him? He isnt going to release it knowing that the chances of it being panned universally just to appease a small portion of super fans... Axl doesnt work like that.  Wink

I mean... as you alluded too.. when only half of the hardcore fan base care about CD2 being released then how many people is that in actual numbers anyway? I reside firmly in the "CD2 could wash up on a beach one day and i wouldnt care for it"  camp... why? Because other than Axl i have no affinity to any of the hired hands he's had since the UYI lineup.

With Fernando being on here recently.. and being close to Axl.. my hope would be that Axl and management are working towards giving the fans something that they want... if that means CD2... and the majority want it.. cool.. i hope they do it... for me personally.. i dont care for it and thats fine... but id just like to see Axl move back towards playing with Duff a bit more.. maybe Izzy... i think thats the closest ill get to a reunion of sorts.. i guess... but new players AGAIN? meh I am happy to live in the past with what i have if it doesnt come to reunion. I just wont be buying CD2 thats for sure. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: