Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1519446 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3460 on: April 02, 2014, 04:23:56 PM »

As far as tweets about being "rusty".  I'm a baseball fan.  Players go through spring training for weeks n' weeks but when the season starts, most players need to get a few games under their belt before they get into the swing of things.  Practice is all well and good but it seems to take real game situations to knock off the rust.

All true.

But other bands play warm up shows before tours.  The Stones still do this, and they've been at this a hell of a lot longer than Axl.  And I have boots of their first shows of tours.  They are ready to go.

Axl can't even be bothered to go to soundcheck, forget a full blown warm-up show.  The result is...well, what we saw to open this tour.  And just about every other tour.  The first few shows get some seriously sub-par performances.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3461 on: April 02, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

But other bands play warm up shows before tours. 
GNR usually do too.

Right or Wrong ..... There's nothing going on here that hasn't been going on from the beginning.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3462 on: April 02, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »

Lets be positive?

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot 22 min

67 days and counting..... to stop touring and finally get our asses in the studio to record the next album. I'm ready!

smoking

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3463 on: April 02, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »

Lets be positive?

67 days and counting..... to stop touring and finally get our asses in the studio to record the next album. I'm ready!

smoking

You just added that end part yourself, right? 

I'm very naive and really don't know for sure.  Embarrassed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #3464 on: April 02, 2014, 05:10:00 PM »

Lets be positive?

smoking

Agree! Soon no point in having more than one thread, as everyone turns out in the same old discussion, containing fans frustrated of the "big picture". Enjoy the touring, and stop overanalyzing everything! Be happy with the band communicating to the fans. So many years there was silence. No wonder, huh?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3465 on: April 02, 2014, 05:37:46 PM »

that truly one creepy tweet.
all i can say is enjoy the shows coming

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3466 on: April 02, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »

i did read your post, but he is specifically counting down the days until the GnR tour ends. you can try to protect all invovled and call it something else, but to most people with open minds, it's quite obvious what he is counting down to.
No.  He's counting down to his solo tour which is immediately AFTER the residency ends.

and of course it's "obvious" to you i am bitter. but you ignore the fact that i made it clear i had a problem with his BS before he blocked me. him blocking me is one of the few things i respeect about the guy....he didn't try to cater to someone that has an issue with him. he just blocked me out. he's not trying to self-promote all the time. i respect that.

losing a parent is tough as many of us can relate, but he's a grown fuckin man and that is not an excuse to air out issues you have with your mates in a public forum. it's low rent. he should be a better man.   
I agree that it's wrong to air out 'work' issues on a public forum.  All I'm trying to say is that there can be extenuating circumstances that might explain...NOT EXCUSE.. such behavior when it seems to be so different from the 'norm' of that person.

we can agree to disagree on what he is counting down to. but even if he is counting down to his solo tour.....that still bothers me!! it's disrespectful to your fans that are paying to see you perform with gnr. it is a freakin honor to be a member of GnR and play some of the greatest songs ever made in front of 10s of thousands of people. going to see GnR is one of the highlights of my year! and he is making it clear he'd rather be off doing something else.

even if he is more excited about his solo tour (which i could kinda understand), why would you point that out to your fans?? if that's what he's really counting down to, it's disrespectful to the fans. in fact, it bothers me even more than if he is just frustrated with GnR's activities.

see where these BS tweets gets us? Thanks, Bumble.  hihi

fair enough on your second point. i understand what you are saying. good point.  beer  

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3467 on: April 02, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »

He might have some legitimate concerns and issues, most people with any job do. I know I do with my job. I just completely disagree with publicly showing any frustration. And when I hear other aduls whine and complain my response is do something about it, change your situation. But do so in a professional manner.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3468 on: April 03, 2014, 08:40:36 AM »

He might have some legitimate concerns and issues, most people with any job do. I know I do with my job. I just completely disagree with publicly showing any frustration. And when I hear other aduls whine and complain my response is do something about it, change your situation. But do so in a professional manner.

I understand ur take very well

the thing to me.. for whatever reason.. he is clearly counting down to the end of this tour....and my real and only worry is he walks away for good...and it sends Axl in to complete shutdown mode... if he departs and maybe Tommy takes on more with his band and decides he doesnt need it anymore either...

that could be devastating to us the fan base in terms of ever seeing anything from Axl ever again

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3469 on: April 03, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »

Axl will be fine. Plus he'll have options going forward, there's a few players I would like to see come in but either way if BBFs intent is what we all make of it then he kind of ostrisizes himself from the band.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3470 on: April 03, 2014, 11:26:29 AM »

yeah obviously he can always get ANOTHER guitar player... or just go with one lead guitarist......

but it could set him off and be like nahhhhh im not doin anything

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3471 on: April 03, 2014, 02:07:29 PM »

If Ron does leave, Axl just puts someone else in the touring band and keeps playing the same 25 songs.

Other than the removal of a Ron Thal solo song from the set, what changes?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3472 on: April 03, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »

If Ron does leave, Axl just puts someone else in the touring band and keeps playing the same 25 songs.

Other than the removal of a Ron Thal solo song from the set, what changes?

In that scenario, nothing...

my fear would be if Ron and Tommy both took off for greener pastures

they could then just shut everything down

couldnt you see the Replacements deciding how much fun they are having.. and then he is gone...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:30:20 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3473 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »

Interesting comments from BBF:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s18p5n

From an interview I just did... "I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us."

Love ya's...

Bmbl

The bold and italicized part really stuck out to me.  He's admitting that he's been through a lot and has a lot of ups and downs he's been going through and that he does lash out on twitter as a result.

He's not directly connecting this statement to the previous tweet, but it is possible, I suppose, that he made a point of highlighting this passage from the interview he just did because of that previous tweet.

Ali
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3474 on: April 03, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »

Ron, nut up! If you aren't happy with the band, leave.  If Ron stays, great.  If Ron goes, too bad for him.  We all would love to have a new record, but if it's not gonna happen and you know this, leave.  Sick of his random comments.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3475 on: April 03, 2014, 02:36:27 PM »

Ron, nut up! If you aren't happy with the band, leave.  If Ron stays, great.  If Ron goes, too bad for him.  We all would love to have a new record, but if it's not gonna happen and you know this, leave.  Sick of his random comments.

You could certainly argue he has gone to this well a bit too often.

The fact people are sort of rolling their eyes is that this is not an isolated incident. 

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3476 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

You could certainly argue he has gone to this well a bit too often.

The fact people are sort of rolling their eyes is that this is not an isolated incident. 

It's clearly not an isolated incident and I think Ron just admitted it and apologized for it.  IMO, if he is connecting the two tweets and is labeling what did and has done in the past as the occasional "lashing out", then I'm not sure what to think other than perhaps he just has impulse control issues when it comes to venting publicly.

It may not be any more significant that that.

Ali
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3477 on: April 03, 2014, 02:52:07 PM »

Clearly I?m incorrect in my assumption, but I?d think fans of the latest incarnation would be more accepting of BF?s past comments.
Generally I?d agree it?s best not to air laundry in public, but GN?R does not create what most fans here crave, new music.
Nice to have band members that are still hungry to do so, and willing to say it. Maybe it lights a fire under others asses.
It could also alienate him from the others, but either way, either he and the fans reap the rewards, or he alone will eventually suffer the consequences(get fired).
I?m sure he enjoys the paychecks, but it would wear down any artist to be in a position where creativity seemingly appears to be priority # zero.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3478 on: April 03, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »

JUST TO PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE...IF HE IS ALWAYS UPSET ABOUT THE SITUATION AND DOESN'T MAKE A CHANGE...

then how can you take him seriously?

he has moaned about the start times, the lack of creativity , having to reschedule his solo dates... but he keeps coming back so obviously they are meaningless complaints... i think all of his complaints are valid ha but come on

counting down till the end of this tour ... is the worst one to date... it looks really bad

who knows maybe the countdown is totally unrelated.... : /

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3479 on: April 03, 2014, 03:02:01 PM »

JUST TO PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE...IF HE IS ALWAYS UPSET ABOUT THE SITUATION AND DOESN'T MAKE A CHANGE...

then how can you take him seriously?

he has moaned about the start times, the lack of creativity , having to reschedule his solo dates... but he keeps coming back so obviously they are meaningless complaints... i think all of his complaints are valid ha but come on

counting down till the end of this tour ... is the worst one to date... it looks really bad

who knows maybe the countdown is totally unrelated.... : /

The optics of this are certainly not good. 

But I think you raise a very valid point.  If it hasn't hit Ron by now that there ain't any album forthcoming, what the hell more will it take? 

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: