Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 11:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228491 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1519351 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3440 on: April 02, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »

My question to those who have been at the shows on this run:

Is there anything in BBF's body language to indicate he was unhappy?

I saw a couple of clips where he was joking around with Axl, like the one where Axl put the Brazilian flag on BBF's shoulders and he wore it while he was playing a solo.  Those didn't exactly scream abject misery and unhappiness and a lack of camaraderie.

Ali

I attended 4 shows so far. While playing on stage, he seemed to be having the time of his life. And I truly believe that you feel that way once you start doing what you love - playing the guitar, for him - and all the shit that happened before this moment doesn't matter right there.

But he seemed pretty pissed in S?o Paulo during the wait for the show to start. He was on the side of the stage and eventually started throwing some water bottles to the fans. The show started shortly after that.

Thanks for the perspective.  What you described doesn't sound like anything blatantly obvious.  If he was showing his frustration on stage, not interacting with Axl or the rest of the band, that would be cause for concern, IMO.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3441 on: April 02, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »

I attended 4 shows so far. While playing on stage, he seemed to be having the time of his life. And I truly believe that you feel that way once you start doing what you love - playing the guitar, for him - and all the shit that happened before this moment doesn't matter right there.

But he seemed pretty pissed in S?o Paulo during the wait for the show to start. He was on the side of the stage and eventually started throwing some water bottles to the fans. The show started shortly after that.

I agree.  The 3 hours on stage are likely fine.  Its all the other shit.

Which...isn't that the same thing we say about the fans?  That the 3 hours at the show are always a good time, but has no impact on bigger picture frustrations.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #3442 on: April 02, 2014, 11:52:24 AM »

I agree.  The 3 hours on stage are likely fine.  Its all the other shit.

Which...isn't that the same thing we say about the fans?  That the 3 hours at the show are always a good time, but has no impact on bigger picture frustrations.

So you think he has a shitty time in SA? Can you say what all the other shit is? Do you really believe he have an awfull time on tour because he have expressed desire for a new album on some occations? Is the world black and white?

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3443 on: April 02, 2014, 12:07:50 PM »

So you think he has a shitty time in SA? Can you say what all the other shit is? Do you really believe he have an awfull time on tour because he have expressed desire for a new album on some occations? Is the world black and white?

Yes.  Yes, it is.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #3444 on: April 02, 2014, 01:14:09 PM »

I saw a couple of clips where he was joking around with Axl, like the one where Axl put the Brazilian flag on BBF's shoulders and he wore it while he was playing a solo.  Those didn't exactly scream abject misery and unhappiness and a lack of camaraderie.

Ali

Thanks for the perspective.  What you described doesn't sound like anything blatantly obvious.  If he was showing his frustration on stage, not interacting with Axl or the rest of the band, that would be cause for concern, IMO.

Ali

I like how you dismiss everyone?s opinions who weren?t at the shows and then, when someone who was at the show comments, you dismiss that too.

So nothing short of visible, onstage dissatisfaction will convince you that Ron?s not happy?  You need 100% unimpeachable proof?  Sorry, but if you?re a fan of GnR, you know that?s not how things work.

And D-X you?re right, there is a similarity between Ron?s offstage comments/actions and his onstage appearance, and fans booing for late shows then singing (happily) along to SCOM.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #3445 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »

Ali

Ali

I like how you dismiss everyone?s opinions who weren?t at the shows and then, when someone who was at the show comments, you dismiss that too.

So nothing short of visible, onstage dissatisfaction will convince you that Ron?s not happy?  You need 100% unimpeachable proof?  Sorry, but if you?re a fan of GnR, you know that?s not how things work.

And D-X you?re right, there is a similarity between Ron?s offstage comments/actions and his onstage appearance, and fans booing for late shows then singing (happily) along to SCOM.

Nobody "dismissed" the comment-I simply see elements of truth being injected into suppositions  and uninformed opinions.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3446 on: April 02, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »

Ali

Ali

How exactly did I dismiss his comments?

I simply didn't blow them out of proportion. 

Ali
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3447 on: April 02, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

You dismissed it by saying that Ron's actions (although noticed by a person(s) in the crowd), were not "blatantly obvious" and thus there is no cause for concern.  All's good. 

FYI, I'm not (I don't think) blowing anything out of proportion...I think Ron (at times) has shown he's not happy for whatever reason(s) and his actions at the show (and his tweet) are additional examples that all is not good. 
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3448 on: April 02, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

You dismissed it by saying that Ron's actions (although noticed by a person(s) in the crowd), were not "blatantly obvious" and thus there is no cause for concern.  All's good. 

FYI, I'm not (I don't think) blowing anything out of proportion...I think Ron (at times) has shown he's not happy for whatever reason(s) and his actions at the show (and his tweet) are additional examples that all is not good. 

No, that's not a dismissal.  Incorrect interpretation on your part.  I think getting frustrated waiting for a show to start is not blatantly obvious sign of being so miserable he wants to leave.  I never said "all's good".  That was you and you alone.  I'm just not making a leap between what was observed and some theorized outcome.  After all, Ron has expressed frustration in the past about the start times and didn't leave 67 days later.

Ali
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3449 on: April 02, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

No, that's not a dismissal.  Incorrect interpretation on your part.  I think getting frustrated waiting for a show to start is not blatantly obvious sign of being so miserable he wants to leave.  I never said "all's good".  That was you and you alone.  I'm just not making a leap between what was observed and some theorized outcome.  After all, Ron has expressed frustration in the past about the start times and didn't leave 67 days later.

Ali

He?s also never tweeted about how many days left on tour?so (IMO) that, (plus his offstage but visible demeanor) shows that his level of displeasure/frustration is escalating. 

I never quoted you as saying ?all?s good? but, from your comment that there is no ?cause for concern? (those are your words) one can reasonably surmise that you think all is, in fact, good.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3450 on: April 02, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

Ali

He?s also never tweeted about how many days left on tour?so (IMO) that, (plus his offstage but visible demeanor) shows that his level of displeasure/frustration is escalating. 

I never quoted you as saying ?all?s good? but, from your comment that there is no ?cause for concern? (those are your words) one can reasonably surmise that you think all is, in fact, good.

Incorrect interpretation again. 

I don't think "all is good".  Ron has made it public that he has frustrations with management and that he wants to put out music.  So, clearly, all is not good.  Which is why I didn't and wouldn't say that.

However, saying all is not perfect does not necessarily mean "it's time to bail".  That's not dismissing someone's comment.  That's just not making a leap in logic.

Ali
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3451 on: April 02, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »

Oh good lord peoples!!!  Try paying attention.  Roll Eyes

GUITAR GODS 2014 FEATURING YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ULI JON ROTH, GARY HOEY & BUMBLEFOOT (of GUNS N ROSES) TO TAKE PLACE THIS SUMMER
Guitar Gods is Created & Produced by April Malmsteen

Yngwie Malmsteen is one of the most technically accomplished guitarists of all time, rewriting the book on hard rock/heavy metal guitar. In addition to countless awards from music and instrument specific publications, none other than TIME Magazine hailed him as one of the ten greatest electric guitarists.
2013 was a banner year for Malmsteen, as he released his bestselling autobiography Relentless which coincided with a wildly successful tour that played to full houses all over the world. The only way he could top that in 2014 was to hand pick an all-star lineup of Guitar Gods to share the stage with him on a magical full North American tour.
?Fans can expect the unexpected,? Malmsteen said regarding his live shows. ?I raise the bar with every performance I do and this tour will be no different.?
Held in the highest regard in his own right, Uli Jon Roth brings the very special 40th Anniversary Scorpions set that has been playing to frenzied audiences in Europe to North America, embracing his storied history with the band and digging deep into their catalog for this tour.
Acclaimed for his accomplishments for perfecting his playing in multiple genres (rock, blues, surf) and respected by both fans and peers alike, Gary Hoey performs his radio hits such as the Billboard Top 5 smash Hocus Pocus along with other favorites/
Gusn N? Roses guitarist Bumbleoot embarks on his first solo tour, playing songs from his entire critically praised recorded history.
Tour to take place from June-July. Exact dates TBA.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3452 on: April 02, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »

i do not respect bumblefoot airing shit out on social media. i called him out on it a couple years ago and he blocked me on twitter. i personally can't stand the guy and i feel like he is a good guitarist at best. and counting down the days until your tour with GnR ends is childish and doesn't exactly set a great tone for those of us that are going to a show. clearly, he does not want to be there.

having said that, i can understand him being frustrated. Axl tweeting that they are a bit rusty is freakin pathetic. people pay hard earned money and stay up all hours of the night to see them play, and they are not getting their best.

the one justification for the haters that bitch about late start times is the fact that you get a killer show with everyone giving 100%. but they clearly are not delivering on that during these first few shows.

NO EXCUSE to be rusty. "we talkin about practice?"

most bands prepare together as a band before a tour starts. the rolling stones had tons of practice before their last tour and they came out and sounded tight as ever from the get-go. i was really disappointed to read that text from Axl and i have to assume that Bumble is not thrilled being part of a band that is "rusty."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3453 on: April 02, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »

and counting down the days until your tour with GnR ends is childish and doesn't exactly set a great tone for those of us that are going to a show. clearly, he does not want to be there.
If you'd bother to read the post above yours, you'd know this isn't the case.

i do not respect bumblefoot airing shit out on social media. i called him out on it a couple years ago and he blocked me on twitter. i personally can't stand the guy and i feel like he is a good guitarist at best.
It seems obvious to me that you hold a grudge because he blocked you on twitter.

Possible explanation for Ron's past "airing shit out on social media":  Me and Beta and Ron all lost our dads over this past year.  In Ron's case, his dad had been battling Alzheimer's (this isn't any personal secret that I'm posting, Ron himself has discussed it openly online).  My point being that dealing with a loved one with health issues is a daunting and frustrating situation.  Lashing out at everyone and anyone in your life is a by-product of that frustration.  You're mad at the world.

Not an excuse but it's a possible explanation.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3454 on: April 02, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »

having said that, i can understand him being frustrated. Axl tweeting that they are a bit rusty is freakin pathetic. people pay hard earned money and stay up all hours of the night to see them play, and they are not getting their best.

the one justification for the haters that bitch about late start times is the fact that you get a killer show with everyone giving 100%. but they clearly are not delivering on that during these first few shows.

NO EXCUSE to be rusty. "we talkin about practice?"

most bands prepare together as a band before a tour starts. the rolling stones had tons of practice before their last tour and they came out and sounded tight as ever from the get-go. i was really disappointed to read that text from Axl and i have to assume that Bumble is not thrilled being part of a band that is "rusty."

Hahahaha.  Man, you can tell we are from the same town.

I agree with every word of this.  I also thought Axl's tweet was pretty disgraceful.  Just takes a huge shit on the people that paid money for the first few shows.  All because he can't be bothered to have himself ready for a tour booked MONTHS in advance.  Super professional right there.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3455 on: April 02, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »

Possible explanation for Ron's past "airing shit out on social media":  Me and Beta and Ron all lost our dads over this past year.  In Ron's case, his dad had been battling Alzheimer's (this isn't any personal secret that I'm posting, Ron himself has discussed it openly online).  My point being that dealing with a loved one with health issues is a daunting and frustrating situation.  Lashing out at everyone and anyone in your life is a by-product of that frustration.  You're mad at the world.

Firstly, that's obviously terrible and that's rough on anyone.  I am very close with my Dad, so I can only imagine how I'd be.

But, you are also taking a leap and a half here.  Certainly a bigger leap than anyone suggesting he might be tiring of Axl's bullshit.  Occam's razor.

Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #3456 on: April 02, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »

and counting down the days until your tour with GnR ends is childish and doesn't exactly set a great tone for those of us that are going to a show. clearly, he does not want to be there.

i do not respect bumblefoot airing shit out on social media. i called him out on it a couple years ago and he blocked me on twitter. i personally can't stand the guy and i feel like he is a good guitarist at best.
It seems obvious to me that you hold a grudge because he blocked you on twitter.

So your theory is that Ron is lashing out not because he?s unhappy with Guns, but because his dad passed away? 

I don?t think there?s any hidden message or reason for his unhappiness.  He?s expressed frustration in the past (i.e. late start times, no new music created by the band) and this latest go around seems to be another manifestation of that.  Projecting the loss of a family member as the source of his frustration is a bit of a stretch. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #3457 on: April 02, 2014, 04:03:35 PM »

i did read your post, but he is specifically counting down the days until the GnR tour ends. you can try to protect all invovled and call it something else, but to most people with open minds, it's quite obvious what he is counting down to.

and of course it's "obvious" to you i am bitter. but you ignore the fact that i made it clear i had a problem with his BS before he blocked me. him blocking me is one of the few things i respeect about the guy....he didn't try to cater to someone that has an issue with him. he just blocked me out. he's not trying to self-promote all the time. i respect that.

losing a parent is tough as many of us can relate, but he's a grown fuckin man and that is not an excuse to air out issues you have with your mates in a public forum. it's low rent. he should be a better man.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3458 on: April 02, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »

Firstly, that's obviously terrible and that's rough on anyone.  I am very close with my Dad, so I can only imagine how I'd be.

But, you are also taking a leap and a half here.  Certainly a bigger leap than anyone suggesting he might be tiring of Axl's bullshit.  Occam's razor.

So your theory is that Ron is lashing out not because he?s unhappy with Guns, but because his dad passed away? 

I don?t think there?s any hidden message or reason for his unhappiness.  He?s expressed frustration in the past (i.e. late start times, no new music created by the band) and this latest go around seems to be another manifestation of that.  Projecting the loss of a family member as the source of his frustration is a bit of a stretch. 

Not the death itself.  Dealing with your frustrations about their illness when they're alive is what I'm addressing.

As far as what time GNR hits the stage, it's been like that from practically day one of the existence of the band.  Ron seems to be pretty well read on music history & lore so it'd be kinda surprising that he was unaware of this particular issue when he signed up for the gig.

As far as tweets about being "rusty".  I'm a baseball fan.  Players go through spring training for weeks n' weeks but when the season starts, most players need to get a few games under their belt before they get into the swing of things.  Practice is all well and good but it seems to take real game situations to knock off the rust.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3459 on: April 02, 2014, 04:15:06 PM »

i did read your post, but he is specifically counting down the days until the GnR tour ends. you can try to protect all invovled and call it something else, but to most people with open minds, it's quite obvious what he is counting down to.
No.  He's counting down to his solo tour which is immediately AFTER the residency ends.

and of course it's "obvious" to you i am bitter. but you ignore the fact that i made it clear i had a problem with his BS before he blocked me. him blocking me is one of the few things i respeect about the guy....he didn't try to cater to someone that has an issue with him. he just blocked me out. he's not trying to self-promote all the time. i respect that.

losing a parent is tough as many of us can relate, but he's a grown fuckin man and that is not an excuse to air out issues you have with your mates in a public forum. it's low rent. he should be a better man.   
I agree that it's wrong to air out 'work' issues on a public forum.  All I'm trying to say is that there can be extenuating circumstances that might explain...NOT EXCUSE.. such behavior when it seems to be so different from the 'norm' of that person.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: