Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228490 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1517601 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2980 on: October 10, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »

Don't wanna hear anyone complain... Gun's hasn't toured in 5 years and you're pissed cause they go on late ?  I know when they tour I plan to take the next day off cause i'm a FAN !!!  it's so easy to come here and bitch about it, but Guns is here to please me ! You wanna show at 9 go watch folk tales at your local auditorium.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
fTw777
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2981 on: October 10, 2011, 12:47:34 AM »

I've always looked at it like this it's Axl's prerogative to go on when he wants and if that doesn't work with someone's schedule due to personal responsibilities then they shouldn't go. There's been many occasions that I wanted to do stuff that things like work prevented me from doing but I just thought oh well we don't get to do everything we want in life. I personally wish movie theaters around here would do early morning showings but I don't get all bent out of shape when they don't.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2982 on: October 10, 2011, 01:31:39 AM »

Don't like it? Don't go. No-one's got their gun to your head. If you want to go, deal with the fact that you ARE going to have a late night. Axl and Gn'R care about their fans, or they'd just turn up "phone in" the performance and leave.That is the complete opposite of what is happening.

What is happening is that we are getting 3+ hour concerts night after night, the band playing out of their skin, bringing back old favourites like Estranged and Don't Cry, apparently working up new rarely played songs like OMG and all seemingly at fan request.

That this isn't enough for you, shows what an arsehole YOU are. Not them.  At least now it's stated publicly. Come to their shows or don't. But they ARE likely to go on late.

Since when is going on early "phoning it in"...?

You can still be bad ass and give it all you've got at an earlier time slot.

The fact that they're actually saying they're purposely going on late kinda goes against the whole air of unpredictability that I imagine they're going for.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #2983 on: October 10, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »

I've seen GNR twice in Helsinki, 2006 and 2010. The first time they were over an hour late, second time it was 45 minutes. I knew what to expect with the band's history and all. That's just the way it is. Take it or leave it..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2984 on: October 10, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »

I wish it could say right on the ticket. "Don't like staying up all night? Then don't come too this show" lol
I can't believe after all these years it is an issue. lol

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #2985 on: October 10, 2011, 08:43:36 AM »

Just curious, but who determines they are late? each time I have seen them they have been on time, which is between 11-1130. ALWAYS been like that. One time they came on at 1230, but they were delayed by a snow storm in 2006. Big deal that there is a 45min wait between sets. Ive seen that with almost every band I can think of. Maybe it's me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2986 on: October 10, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »

I don't mind them going on late but I get a little scared when the crowd starts bitching.  GNR don't want to be hit by flying bottles and I don't want to either.  It's a real bummer to stand next to a group of people telling you how fucked up this band is too.  If GNR could just not sell these people tickets, I wouldn't mind standing around all night.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2987 on: October 10, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »

If GNR could just not sell these people tickets, I wouldn't mind standing around all night.

Well, that's kind of the problem with some of the hardcore GNR fans. They think everyone should be like them and not mind waiting. The fact is, 75% of the audience at most concerts are just there because it was the thing to do. They may know Sweet Child and Jungle and a few others but that's it. Those people also aren't thrilled with waiting around. So you could leave these people out but you'd see some pretty sad looking attendance figures. I don't imagine a GNR tour would make economic sense with arenas 75% empty.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2988 on: October 10, 2011, 10:05:11 AM »

Dj ASHBA?
To all of you who have spent your hard earned money to buy Guns N' Roses concert tickets, T-shirts, Cd's, All the wonderful gifts you bring me, standing outside of the hotels/airports/ concert venues for days in the cold just to show your love, for supporting ASHBA Swag, for helping make this an amazing successful tour, also for calling your radio stations helping make Sixx:A.M. a huge success, for the many posts and emails showing your support, I thank you from the bottom of my soul!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2989 on: October 10, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »

I'd just like say a little something about the tit show too.  I appreciate those women who keep the crowd entertained while we wait but thanks to Sturgis I have seen all the bad tits I ever want to see.  GNR needs to do something about approving those before they start showing them off.

God there was some bad tits in Sturgis.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #2990 on: October 10, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »

Since when is going on early "phoning it in"...?

Never said it was...

You can still be bad ass and give it all you've got at an earlier time slot.

The fact that they're actually saying they're purposely going on late kinda goes against the whole air of unpredictability that I imagine they're going for.

I agree, personally I think you'd find even GNR would agree. Their point is not that they are purposely going on late, the point is that they come out to play when they are ready to play, not when some scheduled timeslot says they should start.

That is the rock n roll element. Playing when they're goddamn ready to, not when 'the man' decides they should start and not when it suits some people who have to get up early the next day, do the dishes when they get home, put the bin out or whatever.

GNR cop so much sh*t it really doesn't matter what they do. If they go on early to suit someone else and play poorly, they'll be panned for it. If they start late and play brilliantly, they'll be panned for it and if they go on, on time AND play brilliantly, someone will b*tch about the setlist, or not hearing their favourite song, or Axl's looking too fat these days, or DJ looks too much like Slash, or why can't we have some new material or...

No matter what they do, someone will bt*ch about them. at least this way people have been warned.   
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2991 on: October 10, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

I have Patience 4 them going on late....But when I bring some1 that's not as in to them as I am it get's a bit uncomfortable...Especially when they want to leave early....Also 4 the causal fan it does take the wind out o' the sale/sail a bit...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2992 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:43 PM »

I have Patience 4 them going on late....But when I bring some1 that's not as in to them as I am it get's a bit uncomfortable...Especially when they want to leave early....Also 4 the causal fan it does take the wind out o' the sale/sail a bit...

Exactly. We can sit here on a GNR fan site and wish that in a perfect world everyone would just accept the late starts for what they are. But the reality is that it turns most people off.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #2993 on: October 10, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »

Exactly. We can sit here on a GNR fan site and wish that in a perfect world everyone would just accept the late starts for what they are. But the reality is that it turns most people off.

OK SO TELL THEM..... if you wanna see GNR , be prepar for leaving home LATE ! if not , stay home !!!!!!!!!!!! IT`S SO EASY
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2994 on: October 10, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »

OK SO TELL THEM..... if you wanna see GNR , be prepar for leaving home LATE ! if not , stay home !!!!!!!!!!!! IT`S SO EASY

That's my point. A lot of them are going to stay home. The people that go to the shows and then bitch about late starts, I don't really understand that. But the late starts will keep some people from buying a ticket, especially when they've been warned with a Facebook post to basically deal with it.

spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #2995 on: October 11, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »

If GNR could just not sell these people tickets, I wouldn't mind standing around all night.

Well, that's kind of the problem with some of the hardcore GNR fans. They think everyone should be like them and not mind waiting. The fact is, 75% of the audience at most concerts are just there because it was the thing to do. They may know Sweet Child and Jungle and a few others but that's it. Those people also aren't thrilled with waiting around. So you could leave these people out but you'd see some pretty sad looking attendance figures. I don't imagine a GNR tour would make economic sense with arenas 75% empty.

Rock n? roll was, is n? always be about being unpredictable, dangerous, fuckin? up rules. After some Guns gigs since 92, I discovered how cool the wait is ? you never know when it?s gonna happen, so when it starts, it?s heaven.
It might be a pain in the ass to work at the next day ? so what? I can live with that!
Someone said that only hardcore fans knows about the waiting n? that a lot of people don?t know shit n? are caught by surprise. I don?t agree ? a lot of people knows about it nowadays, even people who doesn?t give a shit to rn?r and/or gn?r because it has been on the news many times.
I?d rather see a goddamn good gig that is pure art than see a fuckin? shitty gig that is more on time than myself at work the following day.
I also agree that Axl is being himself ? since always ? n? that?s one of the main things that brought me to this band.

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2996 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:23 AM »

Bumblefoot
"Margarita, beer, fernet, whiskey & a late night acoustic jam at Blacksheep bar in Cordoba....."

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2997 on: October 14, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »

FLebeis Fernando Lebeis
I think that we should post up a new photo of some of our band members - thoughts? Maybe one or two?

49 minutes ago

FLebeis Fernando Lebeis
Tomorrow @gunsnroses will be rocking out, kicking ass and giving one hell of a show in Asuncion!
50 minutes ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
lagr08
Headliner

« Reply #2998 on: October 14, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »

[/quo

No way I leave home late for the show.  The one time I do so they will come out on time and I'll miss it.  I really do not mind the wait at all just so long as I KNOW they are going to come out.  But once I begin to wonder if there is even going to be a show, as I inevitably do, it starts to suck.  My other complaint is that the crowd is no longer into and this has a negative effect on Axl.  I can't fault him for starting when he is ready but at the same time cannot fault the folks for being less energetic than they may have been.
ON

KC: 2011
Portland: 2006
Tacoma: 2002
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #2999 on: October 15, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »

Today GNR are playing in a big venue again.I hope Axl has better voice than RIR.Just downloaded the full show,and i didnt like it at all.Also show two days ago the KROQ inland invasion 2006,and what a killer performance.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: