Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1517414 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2880 on: September 10, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »

Playing rhythm guitar while there are 3 other guitar players on stage and filling in for whole shows where you actually have to do something are two totally different things.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #2881 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »

Playing rhythm guitar while there are 3 other guitar players on stage and filling in for whole shows where you actually have to do something are two totally different things.

Well let's be careful not sell Izzy too short here. He knows a thing or two about playing Guns shows...

I'm not saying this is in anyway ideal, I'd rather a fighting fit Bumble rockin out with the other guys, but if that isn't possible what's the next best solution?

I reckon getting Izzy in for a few shows til Bumble's back in business, personally. JMHO...
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #2882 on: September 10, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »

^^please can we stop this rubbish Bumble will be there even if he`s sat on a chair ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2883 on: September 10, 2011, 11:10:46 AM »

Yeah, but Izzy has filled in on rhythm guitar, and that was 1993. Ya gotta realize Ron is essentially playing Buckethead's parts on the new stuff.

I was referring to a bit more recently than that. Izzy filled in for 5 shows in Europe in 2006 too...

Please stop. He didn't fill in for anybody in 2006.

He was a guest at some shows. It was a fun thing, he popped up here and there. He didn't replace anybody. Robin, Bumblefoot and Richard were all there!

He filled in for Gilby in 1993. But that was a different time and different situation.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2884 on: September 10, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »

GN'R put up a poll on facebook:

Going Mobile "Sound Check" - what mobile device you sporting?

Could there be a "GN'R app" coming?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2885 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »

Well let's be careful not sell Izzy too short here. He knows a thing or two about playing Guns shows...

I'm not saying this is in anyway ideal, I'd rather a fighting fit Bumble rockin out with the other guys, but if that isn't possible what's the next best solution?

I reckon getting Izzy in for a few shows til Bumble's back in business, personally. JMHO...

That situation is highly unlikely.  No disrespect to Izzy, but he does not have the chops to play Ron's parts, it is also not his style of playing.  Thats like saying you are going to get Billie Joe Armstrong to go fill in for Dave Mustaine on a Megadeth tour, its not possible.  Both Izzy and BJ are great at what they do, but that doesn't mean that just because they play guitar they can play ANY style.

Also Izzy doesn't seem to be the most reliable person in the world, as per Axl interviews over the last few years.  So I wouldn't put the fate of the first U.S tour in 5 years in his hands, especially while there are some in this country(mostly hack journalists) just waiting for this to fall through.

I'm hoping that Ron is able to pull through, but he has to put his health first.  As much as I am dying to see GNR again, I would rather them cancel the tour than have Ron put his health in jeopardy.  Now don't get crazy cause I said I want GNR to cancel a tour, I don't,  that is just me putting what is truly important in life in perspective.

Now saying that, GNR is way more in the know on Rons health than we are, and they are planning a tour, so that leads me to believe that they believe Ron can make it through, but if he can't im sure there is a back up plan in place, it's just not Izzy.  I would guess it would be a player off of "CD" or someone new who can handle the parts.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2886 on: September 10, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »

That situation is highly unlikely.  No disrespect to Izzy, but he does not have the chops to play Ron's parts, it is also not his style of playing.  Thats like saying you are going to get Billie Joe Armstrong to go fill in for Dave Mustaine on a Megadeth tour, its not possible.  Both Izzy and BJ are great at what they do, but that doesn't mean that just because they play guitar they can play ANY style.

Also Izzy doesn't seem to be the most reliable person in the world, as per Axl interviews over the last few years.  So I wouldn't put the fate of the first U.S tour in 5 years in his hands, especially while there are some in this country(mostly hack journalists) just waiting for this to fall through.

I'm hoping that Ron is able to pull through, but he has to put his health first.  As much as I am dying to see GNR again, I would rather them cancel the tour than have Ron put his health in jeopardy.  Now don't get crazy cause I said I want GNR to cancel a tour, I don't,  that is just me putting what is truly important in life in perspective.

Now saying that, GNR is way more in the know on Rons health than we are, and they are planning a tour, so that leads me to believe that they believe Ron can make it through, but if he can't im sure there is a back up plan in place, it's just not Izzy.  I would guess it would be a player off of "CD" or someone new who can handle the parts.

But 4tus COULD fill Ron's spot, with his own touch on the parts, and Izzy could play rhythm

But i think you're right in general as saying its doubtful.... 
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #2887 on: September 10, 2011, 07:53:09 PM »

Some GN'R fans are complicated people...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2888 on: September 10, 2011, 07:55:27 PM »

bumblefoot: Just informed that a long-time fan/friend was found dead, Angelique Andersen.  Will miss you....   www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506263823

R.I.P. Angelique. Sad

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2889 on: September 10, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »

So very sad, nice girl. Cry

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #2890 on: September 10, 2011, 10:04:27 PM »

Never said he did, my thinking was that DJ and Richard do have the chops to fill in for Bumble though in an extreme scenario, with Izzy doing his normal thing. I've also said I'd prefer to see Bumble there fully fit and playing the house down.

It was (and is) a credible solution to a (hopefully) theoretical issue IMHO. I don't seriously think GnR would be in rehearsal now if Bumble wasn't up to it anyway.

I will leave it at that though and keep my fingers crossed that Bumble is okay (and not just so he can play for GNR, but in general).

Cheers.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2891 on: September 10, 2011, 10:47:14 PM »

bumblefoot: Rehearsal: finished.  Margeritas with Frank n Pitman: starting......  NOW!

tommy_stinson: Congrats to Matt Larsen, James Ilario, Frank ?hlschl?ger, Diane Prew, and Geoffrey Gagnon for winning the One Man Mutiny poster contest!

/jarmo

ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2892 on: September 11, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »

Yeah, but Izzy has filled in on rhythm guitar, and that was 1993. Ya gotta realize Ron is essentially playing Buckethead's parts on the new stuff.

I was referring to a bit more recently than that. Izzy filled in for 5 shows in Europe in 2006 too...

Please stop. He didn't fill in for anybody in 2006.

He was a guest at some shows. It was a fun thing, he popped up here and there. He didn't replace anybody. Robin, Bumblefoot and Richard were all there!

He filled in for Gilby in 1993. But that was a different time and different situation.

/jarmo

did you make any of the 1993 shows?? i was at 2nd night milton. amazing....
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #2893 on: September 11, 2011, 02:55:35 AM »

^^ me to! my god it rained ok or maybe that was the first night but yes got a surprise seeing izzy great to reminisce but enjoy the now Smiley
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:00:34 AM by richwoman » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2894 on: September 11, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »

gunsnroses: Let Freedom RING, ROCK N' ROLL!  ALWAYS remember 9/11, those we lost and those who fight for our freedom. #NeverForget

/jarmo

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2895 on: September 12, 2011, 11:09:52 AM »

Jarmo,

I cant believe that its been 10 years since the attacks. Its weird because I worked across the street from the towers the day it happened. Whats weird is it feels like yesterday yet in my mind I dont remember most of that day. I still have a hard time watching anything related to it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2896 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:26 PM »

DjASHBA: Hello from rehearsal!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=156173314471153

/jarmo

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2897 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »

DjASHBA: Hello from rehearsal!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=156173314471153

/jarmo

Very cool  Cool
cineater
Legend

« Reply #2898 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »

Cheesy  That was fun.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #2899 on: September 14, 2011, 03:14:13 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Forecast 4 KC 11/12, Minneapolis 11/13, Chicago 11/15: "November Rain" pre-sale TOMORROW-Sep14 use password "guns" http://bit.ly/gnrTcktMster
5 hours ago via Facebook

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »