Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:37:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1525740 times)
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #2220 on: December 29, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »

House of Blues  01.01.11?  http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=66298 Could easily be a cover for a surprise gig  ok

"You wanted Dust n Bones but they couldn't make it...."

or just these guys

http://www.myspace.com/dustnbonesgnr

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2221 on: December 29, 2010, 05:11:17 PM »

House of Blues  01.01.11?  http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=66298 Could easily be a cover for a surprise gig  ok

"You wanted Dust n Bones but they couldn't make it...."

or just these guys

http://www.myspace.com/dustnbonesgnr

And the shows they are doing are http://www.myspace.com/dustnbonesgnr/shows

Don't see a new years day show  Wink

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2222 on: December 29, 2010, 05:15:38 PM »

Thats the HOB in Anaheim.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #2223 on: December 29, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »

Thats the HOB in Anaheim.

Good spot

Now tell me a secret gig might not be a go'er

http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/lasvegas/

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #2224 on: December 31, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

Bumblefoot
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! Wish you all a great 2011, hope to see ya soon! Ron
1 hour ago

Ron's beard
2011 - Year Of The Beard. Enjoy.
58 minutes ago

The beard is letting us enjoy!! How nice is that!!  peace

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2225 on: December 31, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »

Happy New Year Ron, and arrhhh Rons' Beard.  Grin

See Rons' Beard is not so mean after all, he does have a sensitive side.  ok
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #2226 on: December 31, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »

Bumblefoot
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!! Wish you all a great 2011, hope to see ya soon! Ron
1 hour ago

Ron's beard
2011 - Year Of The Beard. Enjoy.
58 minutes ago

The beard is letting us enjoy!! How nice is that!!  peace

And you too brother....Sorry if its early, but I suffer from premature congratulation  Tongue

Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #2227 on: January 01, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »

gunsnroses

Counting up to MMXI - thousands "following", millions "like", but its the billions ENJOYING our music that we really count! Happy New Year!

about 10 hours ago via Facebook

tommy_stinson

Happy New Years Eve!!!! Have fun and be safe. Lookin forward to seeing you in the new year...

about 15 hours ago via TweetDeck

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2228 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »

tommy_stinson

Happy New Years Eve!!!! Have fun and be safe. Lookin forward to seeing you in the new year...

Good to see Tommy with a positive post!! His last few were a bit down in the dumps!
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #2229 on: January 01, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »

tommy_stinson

Good to see Tommy with a positive post!! His last few were a bit down in the dumps!

Indeed, didn't understand it so far... everyone had a good time on the last leg of the tour except Tommy... dunno what happened... will we ever know?

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #2230 on: January 01, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »

Probably just really missed his family.  Sucks he was stuck out in London for those few days. 

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
el_loko
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2231 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »

tommy_stinson

Indeed, didn't understand it so far... everyone had a good time on the last leg of the tour except Tommy... dunno what happened... will we ever know?
I think:
He has been just engaged and have to go on tour... nobody would be happy in this situation...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2232 on: January 01, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »

Del James
wishes everyone a happy and safe New Year

Dj ASHBA?
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R S ! ! !

ronsbeard
2011 is here! You're all MINE now! Start building me pyramids... in NJ. With central heating. And a gym.

htgth
Thanks for all the #HappyNewYear and #FF messages! 2010 was amazing. Thanks to everybody who made it that way, you know who you all are!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2233 on: January 02, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »

bumblefoot
More GNR tour stats... (thank you Trond Erik!) http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t15-tour-and-concert-statistics
26 minutes ago

bumblefoot
2009/2010 GNR tour stats (in Spanish), made by Natalia Salaberry (gracias!!) http://tinyurl.com/2422prh
35 minutes ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2234 on: January 02, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »

bumblefoot
More GNR tour stats... (thank you Trond Erik!) http://gnr-afd.forumotion.com/t15-tour-and-concert-statistics
26 minutes ago

Ha that is cool!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2235 on: January 03, 2011, 03:06:36 AM »

According to the stats there's been one show that Axl didn't attend to Roll Eyes

Does anyone know how did it go hihi
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #2236 on: January 03, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »

it may be this one - http://gnrontour.com/

11.22.87 - The Omni, Atlanta, GA
opening for: M?tley Cr?e
set: Communication Breakdown, Honky Tonk Women, Blues Jam
audio/video recording?: no
notes: The second show in Atlanta, a few days after the first. At this show, Axl jumps into the crowd to grab a security guard who shoved Axl's friend. The police held Axl backstage while the rest of the band played 'Communication Breakdown,' 'Honky Tonk Women' and a 'Blues Jam,' all with roadie Ronnie Schneider singing.

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2237 on: January 03, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »

it may be this one - http://gnrontour.com/

11.22.87 - The Omni, Atlanta, GA
opening for: M?tley Cr?e
set: Communication Breakdown, Honky Tonk Women, Blues Jam
audio/video recording?: no
notes: The second show in Atlanta, a few days after the first. At this show, Axl jumps into the crowd to grab a security guard who shoved Axl's friend. The police held Axl backstage while the rest of the band played 'Communication Breakdown,' 'Honky Tonk Women' and a 'Blues Jam,' all with roadie Ronnie Schneider singing.

It's not that one... There was a gig in the early days somewhere in L.A., some festival I think, and Axl didn't show up. The band went on and played without him. Don't have the exact detail at hand, but I'm sure some one will dig them up if you ask.

What I can't quite make out is that Duff has more gn'r gigs than slash, except for the obvious london gig in 2010... Never heard that Duff was in the band before Slash... And I never heard of anyone filling in for Slash either...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #2238 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:21 AM »

here's your answer about Duff

04.24.85 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA

notes: This was another early incarnation of the band, which featured Axl, Izzy, Duff, Tracii Guns & another drummer.

04.25.85 - Dancing Waters Club, San Pedro, CA

notes: This was another early incarnation of the band, which featured Axl, Izzy, Duff, Tracii Guns & another drummer.

04.27.85 - Timbers Club, Glendora, CA

Soul Monster
Headliner

« Reply #2239 on: January 03, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »

Hi all,

I'm the admin of AFD. Here's the story about Axl's missed gig:

It was October 23, 1986, so before the release of Appetite. The band was succeeding on the club circuit and getting lots of attention from music critics, biz people and of course, music lovers. They were supposed to open for Alice Cooper at The Arlington Theater but Axl turned up late and the band had to go on without him. The set was cut short (only seven songs) and Izzy and Duff traded vocals (Duff sang on 'It's So Easy' which was premi?red at this show). Steven had to do an improvised drum solo that failed miserably. Slash did a lot of blues improvisations. At times the band tried to get someone from the audience to help out on vocals:

Slash: Alright, we wanna ask a basic question. Where is our lost singer? You didn't think we were fuckin' serious. Did you? You fuckin' suckers. Anyways, we wanna find out if there is anyone out there who knows how to sing and wants to do a cover version of 'Whole Lotta Rosie'?

Duff: Does anyone know all the words to 'Whole Lotta Rosie'?

Slash: Fuckin' pussies. I bet there are about three hundred of you out there that know the words. You got fuckin' songbooks at home, I betcha. Alright, well while we're waiting for a singer to come up and do a version of 'Whole Lotta Rosie,' we're gonna do some blues in E for Alice Cooper, who's been away for so long.

They ended up doing an instrumental version of 'Whole Lotta Rosie'.

Meanwhile Axl had arrived at the scene but were not allowed in since his name was not on the list. The band met him in the parking lot after the show, after trashing the dressing room. Axl asked how much they'd made to which Slash replied, "The band made $500. You didn't make anything." Axl grinned and said, "That's cool."

The comments from stage is copied from Marc Canter's book about GN'R's early years.

And yes, Duff entered the band before Slash. And Duff's appearance in London, 2010, is not counted since he only played at a few songs as a guest, not as a band member.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: