Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:21:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1526246 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2020 on: November 20, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

Back on topic: There is no difference between Slash playing the National Anthem on TV and Dj Ashba playing the National Anthem on TV.

When you understand that, come back and have a discussion.

I love all eras of GN'R - can you say the same?

Of course there's a difference. Playing the National Anthem or "Yet another appearance on TV". There's a difference.

We're not even talking about Idol here....

This has nothing to do with Slash. So go back to the correct section if you wish to talk about whatever he is doing.

You don't fool me.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2021 on: November 20, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

Jarmo, I'm not here to get into a big argument with you.  But to say that you have not positioned both yourself and your site as firmly anti any lineup prior to 2001 is nonsense.  I know it's your site, but you have a responsibility to the thousands of members and fans you garnered here prior to 2006, when the big change occured here.  To say that you can do it just because "You have your reasons" for thinking this way is irresponsible.  

Do you have the right?  Sure, it's your site.  Irresponsible?  You bet.  

I love all eras of GNR, including the current.  I don't feel like I need to defend it any further than stating that.  But to label people "Anti-GNR" simply because they don't support censorship and continue to appreciate and support Slash is nonsense.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2022 on: November 20, 2010, 01:27:05 PM »

Jarmo, I'm not here to get into a big argument with you.  But to say that you have not positioned both yourself and your site as firmly anti any lineup prior to 2001 is nonsense.  I know it's your site, but you have a responsibility to the thousands of members and fans you garnered here prior to 2006, when the big change occured here.  To say that you can do it just because "You have your reasons" for thinking this way is irresponsible.  

I love all eras of GNR, including the current.  I don't feel like I need to defend it any further than stating that.  But to label people "Anti-GNR" simply because they don't support censorship and continue to appreciate and support Slash is nonsense.

Bullshit. But I'll answer you anyway.

You mention 2006. Good point. Look back at that time. Remember anything?

It was the first time something really exciting happened in years. We had a lot to be happy and excited about.

Personally I went to a bunch of shows that year. I hadn't seen GN'R in a long time. Pretty fucking awesome.

Now what I couldn't understand was the fact that some people couldn't handle this kind of positivity. They had to try to bring everybody else down.

I couldn't relate, and still can't.

It makes no sense to me to find a thread, with a bunch of people post about how cool the show was, and then see somebody who wasn't in the same country where the show was, whining about the same show.

I have zero interest in having a site where people who are happy, excited and/or supportive of the band (today) be ridiculed by those who can not feel that way. Possibly because they're afraid of being considered "uncool" by a bunch of strangers sitting behind keyboards.

I really don't have that kind of issues. I don't care if you like me or not. If you wanna spend your free time talking about me, go ahead!

It's impossible to please everyone. I probably never met you. Maybe I never will. No big deal. Don't take it personally.

I have kept saying this over and over again. It always goes over your heads.

If you come here, I assume you like GN'R today. The band that just finished the European tour.

If you like GN'R as it was in 1987, great! 1991, awesome! 2001! Cool!

The only thing that I do really care about is the text in bold.

Anything else is up to you.

I don't care if you love the former members solo/side projects. Only thing that I care about is what I put in bold.

If that's not true to you, you will not feel welcome here. Simple as that.

If your only interest is to point out how much GN'R sucks nowadays, leave. Easy.

Some post shit about the band, and because I know their stay here won't be pleasant for anybody, I ban these kind of people. Guess what happens? They spend years and years talking about it on other sites!

I don't know how often I've been told "I don't care if you ban me", only to see that same person spend years whining about the injustice done to him/her. Or they send me messages asking me to let them back in... Obviously "I don't care" has a different meaning to some....

Some of you make assumptions and think there's some kind of policy that you can't like Appetite For Destruction!

Oh no, Nightrain just came on in my iTunes.... I guess I should just skip it to make some of you happy. Because you know me so damn well....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2023 on: November 20, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »

I like your last post Jarmo.  Think it somes things up nicely.  My only criticism is I think you should just leave the Slash comparisons alone.  Don't even bother responding.  You have your opinions, but I think you should be above it and not bother responding to people posting about him and in this case, no need to compare how one current member's outside activities is different from what Slash does.  Like you said, this site is about the current line up.  But to your credit you've gone above and beyond by keeping a VR section and allowing people to discuss all former members projects.  I think no matter if its a current or former member, whatever they decide to do is cool with me.  I might dig it, I might not, but no need to disparage the person for doing something.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2024 on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »

DjASHBA

Im off to play the national anthem @kc_chiefs1 NFL game at arrowhead stadium. I will be performing tomorrow! http://yfrog.com/j6jj0bj

Dj seems excited to do this -- he mentioned it on the Artisan News piece and talked a little about it on Farley Bros. Radio.  He said something like he's going to stick close to the original, it's not the place to try something different. Smiley  I'm looking forward to hearing him play the song.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2025 on: November 20, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »

Chris Pitman changed his profile picture.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2026 on: November 20, 2010, 08:30:45 PM »

gunsnroses
KC gets a STAR SPANGLED treat RT @DjASHBA Custom les Paul designed by ASHBA Media for the NFL national anthem!! http://yfrog.com/3vx94hj
5 minutes ago

htgth
Reminder: @DjASHBA will be playing the National Anthem at the @KC_Chiefs1 NFL game at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City tomorrow (Nov 21st)
9 hours ago

DjASHBA
Custom les Paul designed by ASHBA Media for the NFL national anthem!! http://yfrog.com/3vx94hj
10 hours ago

DjASHBA
Im off to play the national anthem @kc_chiefs1 NFL game at arrowhead stadium. I will be performing tomorrow! http://yfrog.com/j6jj0bj
10 hours ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2027 on: November 20, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »

DjASHBA
Custom les Paul designed by ASHBA Media for the NFL national anthem!! http://yfrog.com/3vx94hj

DjASHBA

/jarmo

That is a really sexy paintjob, so DJ certainly will look the part for the anthem. I bet DJ does fine playing the anthem, I hope some footage surfaces of the performance. It will be really nice to see Ashba doing this kind of thing for the first time, good luck DJ.  ok
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2028 on: November 21, 2010, 01:32:03 AM »

Now, give yourselves a virtual online hug!

/jarmo

Now THAT made me spill my coffee  rofl
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #2029 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »

http://atdhe.net/28936/watch-arizona-cardinals-vs-kansas-city-chiefs

^ Here's a link to the NFL game tonight where DJ's gonna play the national anthem.

I'm not 100% sure they are going to broadcast DJ's part but it's worth a look.  Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2030 on: November 21, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »

I'll spell it out for you: Dj playing the National Anthem is way different from a person who takes every opportunity to be seen on national TV. When you understand that, come back and have a discussion.

its the same shit: one guitarist playing the national anthem on tv!!
you dont need to get in a defense mode just because the guitarist is different or his intention "is way different" - which IMO really isnt, you also dont need to unlock the bashing mode cause of the person. it doesnt change the fact he is doing the same thing people have bashed Slash for: playing the national anthem on television.

Re-Union time, baby!!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #2031 on: November 21, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »

DJ
have a good time today !
wish you all the luck in the world,have a blast !
im going to miss it ,don't have the channel it will be on.i checked this morning,maybe espn might have it.didn't check that as of yet.
but got a 32 inch flat screen tv that id love ta see  it on.but no cable in my room as of yet but it's in other rooms in the house.i will check and see if i can see it on cable.

but just hope it makes u-tube anyway.
luv ya '
i know you will kick ass !

the one an only horsey !
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2032 on: November 21, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »

http://atdhe.net/28936/watch-arizona-cardinals-vs-kansas-city-chiefs

^ Here's a link to the NFL game tonight where DJ's gonna play the national anthem.

I'm not 100% sure they are going to broadcast DJ's part but it's worth a look.  Smiley

Thanks for that link, I will definitely be checking it out nearer the time.

I'll spell it out for you: Dj playing the National Anthem is way different from a person who takes every opportunity to be seen on national TV. When you understand that, come back and have a discussion.

its the same shit: one guitarist playing the national anthem on tv!!
you dont need to get in a defense mode just because the guitarist is different or his intention "is way different" - which IMO really isnt, you also dont need to unlock the bashing mode cause of the person. it doesnt change the fact he is doing the same thing people have bashed Slash for: playing the national anthem on television.

What you fail to realise Limulus, is that just as jarmo has stated this board supports GN'R in 2010. What did you think it was going to achieve by coming into the main section of the board, and having a good old dig at a current member, just because your cool.

You have your opinions about the situation, but coming into the main section just to spoil everyone's fun is pure trolling. Why are you still on this site, it's obvious you can't keep your posts in the ex gunner section. And jarmo has once again stated that this board supports the band that has just toured Asia, Canada, South America and Europe.

Why do you feel the need to stay on this site, when you don't agree with the sites purpose.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:24:17 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #2033 on: November 21, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Dj warming up up for soundcheck. http://yfrog.com/jo5yioj
Gonna try to stream live http://justin.tv/ashbacam in a few.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:32:49 AM by gnr-4-ever » Logged

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2034 on: November 21, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Dj warming up up for soundcheck. http://yfrog.com/jo5yioj
Gonna try to stream live http://justin.tv/ashbacam in a few.

Yep, saw it live... Cool that he did this and we (on the other side of the world) took a small taste of what's gonna happen 2night!!!

Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #2035 on: November 21, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »

Pathetic.  Roll Eyes
You have the audacity to come to a GNR fansite and label the webmaster as "irresponsible" and "supportive of censorship" simply because he is a fan of GNR in 2010 and because he isn't tolerant of allowing trolls to derail threads with their anti-Axl propaganda? Gimme a f'n break.  Roll Eyes

I've seen your little forum. The one that allows threads such as "Axl is a loser" and  threads that encourage the leaking of copyrighted material. "Irresponsible"? You bet!

Some of us fans enjoy being able to come to a forum that actually likes and supports the current band. Personally, I have no desire to sift through threads where "fans" make post after post bitching that the calendar year is no longer 1989. Some of us fans are happy that the band is out there enjoying a successful tour and see no reason to bitch and complain in thread after thread that "Axl owes us another album". And here you are suggesting that it is "censorship". Please.  Roll Eyes

If you're so unhappy with how this place is managed, why even bother to come here? What does that say about you? Apparently, your principles aren't so strong that they prevent you from taking time out of your day to come here and piss and moan about the mean ol "irresponsible", "censor" hungry webmaster that won't allow you to talk about a band member who walked away (on his own accord) in a thread that has jack zero to do with him.

So, please. Run on back to your forum and start a thread about how some other Axl "fan-boy" must be bucking for backstage passes because really, it's impossible to think that there are people out there who like and support this band without any ulterior motive.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:57:24 AM by Duke Nukem » Logged
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #2036 on: November 21, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »

Limulus just likes to brag to his virtual friends over at the GN'R tracker that he pissed Jarmo off.

This guy lives for provocation. Kinda sad that gaining a response to his trolling is the highlight of his day though.  Undecided

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2037 on: November 21, 2010, 11:27:37 AM »

Limulus just likes to brag to his virtual friends over at the GN'R tracker that he pissed Jarmo off.

This guy lives for provocation. Kinda sad that gaining a response to his trolling is the highlight of his day though.  Undecided

I have seen this exact thing,  certain folk come here say something completely stupid then run to another place to bash this one.  The guys are not 12 years old either though they certainly act like one. Roll Eyes

anyway I cant wait to see DJ today, hope I can see it live
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2038 on: November 21, 2010, 12:14:02 PM »

Pathetic.  Roll Eyes
You have the audacity to come to a GNR fansite and label the webmaster as "irresponsible" and "supportive of censorship" simply because he is a fan of GNR in 2010 and because he isn't tolerant of allowing trolls to derail threads with their anti-Axl propaganda? Gimme a f'n break.  Roll Eyes

I've seen your little forum. The one that allows threads such as "Axl is a loser" and  threads that encourage the leaking of copyrighted material. "Irresponsible"? You bet!

Some of us fans enjoy being able to come to a forum that actually likes and supports the current band. Personally, I have no desire to sift through threads where "fans" make post after post bitching that the calendar year is no longer 1989. Some of us fans are happy that the band is out there enjoying a successful tour and see no reason to bitch and complain in thread after thread that "Axl owes us another album". And here you are suggesting that it is "censorship". Please.  Roll Eyes

If you're so unhappy with how this place is managed, why even bother to come here? What does that say about you? Apparently, your principles aren't so strong that they prevent you from taking time out of your day to come here and piss and moan about the mean ol "irresponsible", "censor" hungry webmaster that won't allow you to talk about a band member who walked away (on his own accord) in a thread that has jack zero to do with him.

So, please. Run on back to your forum and start a thread about how some other Axl "fan-boy" must be bucking for backstage passes because really, it's impossible to think that there are people out there who like and support this band without any ulterior motive.   Roll Eyes

I'll second that one, Duke!! My point will be simply is. And I have posted this comment before. No matter how any certain person feels, Jarmo owns and runs this site. And he can do whatever the hell he wants too with it. If you don't like it lump it!!!

As for Dj's outing today. Have a blast Dj! I hope someone posts it later. I just realized I don't get the game today. So I will be patientally waiting for a link to watch it later. I am however off to watch The Packers V's Vikings game.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #2039 on: November 21, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »

Sad indeed, but the saddest is that he probably don't even know how pathetic it is.

Love the pic of DJ's guitar, hope he'll play it during the forthcoming gigs !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: