Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1528528 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1560 on: August 30, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »

Anyway, enough rambling

Too late, anybody else have another band's song running through their head?  Cheesy  Love this smilie too, looks like the other band's bear face.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1561 on: August 30, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »

Dj ASHBA?
Monster Energy supports the music industry. Show them some love and "like"
http://www.facebook.com/MonsterEnergyMusic
Monster Energy Music
Monster Energy supports the music industry. Seems bands are rockin? Monster Energy more than anything these days. Check out the types ? Original Monster Energy, Monster Lo-Carb, Monster Assault, Monster?s fruit juice hybrids dubbed Monster Khaos, Monster M-80 and Monster MIXXD, the ground-breaking Java Monster and X-Presso premium coffee & cream drink line supercharged with Monster Energy?s blend, Monster Import and the new nitrous oxide injected Nitrous Monster. Pretty much everyone is diggin' 'em ? so will you. For more information log on to: http://www.monsterenergy.com/
17 minutes ago

I donated a Les Paul guitar designed by ASHBA Media and autographed it for an amazing Charity Organization called Music Saves Lives and for a great cause. Special thanks to Gibson guitars and Monster Energy Drink. With out them this would not have been possible! for more info check out http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-GNR-Graphic-AUTOGRAPHED-DJ-Ashba-/190432523654?pt=Guitar#ht_639wt_1139

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1562 on: August 31, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »

On Tuesday 31st August 2010, @axlrose said:

Our start times at the Reading and Leeds festivals factually had nothing to do with us as the previous bands (who were great by the way) came off stage when they did and we went on within' our contracted and documented changeover time period.

Whatever other nonsense anyone's choosing to write would appear intentionally false.

Having the fans or our show penalized for how the event was ran or simply the natural flow of events those evenings and for such minimal amount of overtime along with distortions and falsehoods by media, the promoter and or event organizers regarding the events seems a bit draconian and more than unfair to the fans.

A simple question: If you are aware of our changeover time, the average length of our show and the general nature of how these types of festivals run all of which are no big secrets...why book us?

Is it simply because the lineup on our nights at both festivals sold well? So it's a cash grab with no respect for the fans or the band and somehow an unwanted inconvenience for the cities and law enforcement? If we're not wanted and just being used to line someone else's pockets or for fictitious tabloid fodder at the fans and our expense we're fine with going elsewhere. God forbid we would force ourselves on anyone. It's not that kinda party.

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates. Yet it would appear we're amazingly often legally obligated to honor such arrangements whether against our will or better judgment. That's simply and unfortunately how this business often works with the artist and imo seems is legally supported to benefit managers, agents, promoters and ticket vendors.

With how the fans and we were treated in the past I had what I feel were legitimate and now proven justified apprehensions. Yet we gave 100% and from where we stood it seemed as if the both the fans (who rocked!) and our camp were having fun and making the most of things.

Why (and what would appear intentionally) risk having it go bad for everyone? Imo that's where true recklessness and negligence at both the fans and our expense would seem to be.

Anyway...thanks again to all the fans who made our nights!!

Peace!!

Axl-

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gracie2006
Headliner

« Reply #1563 on: August 31, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »

Axl!Axl!Axl!   I tweeted him to tour Texas in 2011!!! beer beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1564 on: August 31, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »

Great to see Axl interacting regulary again. We, on this board have probably come used to all the bullshit, made-up stories in the media. But for everyone else, this is a great way for them to discover the other side of the story.

The media have tried hard these past couple of days to practically break down the guys in the band, good to see they stand their ground and won't fuckin' budge.

Don't stop now, it's time to wreak havoc across Europe!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1565 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »

Thanks You So Much AXL & GN`R, Reading/Leeds Amazing

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1566 on: August 31, 2010, 12:39:29 PM »

Dj ASHBA?

Playing Belfast, Northern Ireland tonight with Guns N' Roses!!! Can't wait for the concert!!! Who's coming?? I may wonder outside and meet some of you before the show!!!!

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1567 on: August 31, 2010, 12:49:23 PM »

Gotta love those Axl's letters. Kinda like a new version of his old rants, but way more well thought.

Also love his ability to write using an iPhone. Unless he used an iPad but the Twitter API cant regonize which device was..

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1568 on: August 31, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »

When Axl communicates, the positivity and morale of the fanbase really does rise. That seems like a valid explanation to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1569 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »

cool to see his post in somewhat different style, I mean more serious and easier to read. the other tweets are written in harder to read shorter style, pain in the ass for non-native english speakers Undecided

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1570 on: August 31, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates.

I got lost there.  Why would their manager arrange dates without making sure it was okay?  Why would Axl work with a manager who didn't make sure the arrangements were to their liking?

I don't like the solution of "don't book us", it's very limiting.  There has to be some common ground that meets everyones needs.

RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1571 on: August 31, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »

I didn't organize, arrange, authorize, have knowledge of or was even consulted about our being booked for these shows till after the fact nor did I choose to work with anyone I'm aware of other than our manager who was involved in arranging these dates.

I got lost there.  Why would their manager arrange dates without making sure it was okay?  Why would Axl work with a manager who didn't make sure the arrangements were to their liking?

I don't like the solution of "don't book us", it's very limiting.  There has to be some common ground that meets everyones needs.
My guess is miscommunication? Axl trusted the manager to do things in the best interest of the band, and the manager thought he was acting in the best interest of the band (might not have been aware of the goings on at Leeds a few years ago etc), so booked the show without checking with Axl/the band?

I have no idea how these things are run (wish i did!) but I'd assume that they don't need to run every gig by Axl... Although having read that back, you'd think he might check the big ones like R & L lol... Just a guess anyways

Nice to hear Axl's full explanation... I also liked the bit about the other bands being awesome (not that I agree for the most part...) after hearing the guy from Lostprophets slagging GnR off in the press, good to see someone at least can rise above that kinda BS
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 01:29:07 PM by RobJ » Logged
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #1572 on: August 31, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

When Axl communicates, the positivity and morale of the fanbase really does rise. That seems like a valid explanation to me.

+1 Thanks Uncle Axl! beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1573 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:24 PM »

If Doc is managing, oh yeah.. he is a workhorse. He is all about shows,shows,shows.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1574 on: August 31, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »

I would imagine Axl would have been very clear with Doc (or whomever is actually managing them these days) when it comes to these things, as far as his preference for being consulted before scheduling shows.  Not sure if Axl is putting some blame on managerment here, and I suppose it would be warranted if they broke some trust, but if it just turned out to be the promoter being another opportunist taking a shot at Axl and the band, then these things are really out of management's control.  But again, Axl's thoughts are much appreciated.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1575 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »

I think having no management is sometimes better then having them but in these cases their great to be around.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1576 on: August 31, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »

If Doc is managing, oh yeah.. he is a workhorse. He is all about shows,shows,shows.

One of Axl's tweets mentioned not having any real management. Is Doc no longer on board?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1577 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »

I always thought the manager of a band was employed by the band and worked for them but maybe they are supplied by some piece of the music industry and they really represent the interest of someone else.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1578 on: August 31, 2010, 08:54:07 PM »

DJASHBA

The show was insane!! The crowd was amazing! I love the people here there so nice!! =) G'nite!!!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1579 on: August 31, 2010, 11:39:25 PM »

ummm ... okay....

ronsbeard
Had a nice time tonight at GNR's show. I brought Ron on stage and threw lots of his guitar picks to the crowd, even had him take some photos for me, check THIS one out! http://twitpic.com/2k3nfy Back at the hotel, I'm full of 'pyro dust' - need a good brushin' (beards needs lots of love...) Ron's gonna post pics of the audience on his Facebook page later (http://www.facebook.com/bumblefoot) - tag yourself if you were there...! Off to Dublin tomorrow, gnite!
about 2 hours ago via Twitlonger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: