Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1532861 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1160 on: June 13, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »

I'm sorry Tommy, the music business isn't listening to us either.  It's a waste of your time going to them.  Save the music and keep it away from them.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1161 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »

bumblefoot   Hit the bed in Copenhagen yesterday around 8am, been fasting in silence since... 20 hours later, last day of the tour. 4am, leaving for the airport soon. Fly 6:30 to Aalborg, get in at 7:30 and drive an hour to a gear factory to check out some new guitar fx, then back up to the venue by 2pm, meet-n-greet at 3pm, leave 5:30pm for the venue, take care of personal guests and security stuff at 6pm, eat, warm up the fingers, hit the stage, one last hello/goodbye to guests after the show, fly back to Copenhagen, pack, breakfast, check-out and head for NYC. Just another day at the office... Smiley See ya soon Aalborg!!
about 1 hour ago via Twitlonger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1162 on: June 14, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »

Yeah, it all goes down pretty fast from here.  Have a great last show, safe trip to where you go.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1163 on: June 15, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »

From Dj's facebook

Dj ASHBA? In Denmark Heading back to LA, Just wanted to sincerely thank each n' everyone of you here in Europe for making this Guns N' Roses leg of the tour in-f#$@ing-sane!!!! Amazing crowds!!! We will be back soon!!!
7 hours ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1164 on: June 15, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »

gunsnroses    Whoa... that was a doozie + fun to boot! So it's not how u start burn how u Finnish. hehe. Thx to the Swedes Great crowd. b back in a few...
about 1 hour ago via TweetCaster

I didn't quite get that one. Could someone translate that for me (from GNRlish to English) ?

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1165 on: June 15, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »

gunsnroses    Whoa... that was a doozie + fun to boot! So it's not how u start burn how u Finnish. hehe. Thx to the Swedes Great crowd. b back in a few...
about 1 hour ago via TweetCaster

I didn't quite get that one. Could someone translate that for me (from GNRlish to English) ?

I believe that was posted after the outdoor festival show in Sweden.
Here's my translation: 

Whoa... that was a doozie + fun to boot!
Apparently it was really cold n' windy n' rainy there but the band and the crowd had a great time despite the weather.

So it's not how u start burn how u Finnish. hehe.
Just somebody having fun with words.  It's a play on the saying "it's not how you start but how you finish" (I'm guessing the poster is American because to us being Finnish or Swedish is the same thing.  That or it could be an "inside" joke to a certain crew member.)

Thx to the Swedes Great crowd. b back in a few...
As always, they thanked the crowd for their support and said they're looking forward to playing there again in the near future.

H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1166 on: June 15, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »

Thanks for that. Smiley

I didn't get that first line at all and as a Finn, that 'Finnish' part made me curious. I thought that maybe they had Finnish flag on stage in Sweden for the laughs or maybe played with Mike Monroe there..

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1167 on: June 15, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »

I didn't get that first line at all and as a Finn, that 'Finnish' part made me curious. I thought that maybe they had Finnish flag on stage in Sweden for the laughs or maybe played with Mike Monroe there..
The Swedish flag incident happened in Oslo, Norway.

I remember saying in that show's thread that those flags are thrown onstage by someone in the crowd and Axl drapes it around his shoulders as a thank-you/sign of respect to the hosting country.

I still don't get why someone from one country would bring their flag to throw onstage at another country's show.

H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1168 on: June 15, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »

The Swedish flag incident happened in Oslo, Norway.

I remember saying in that show's thread that those flags are thrown onstage by someone in the crowd and Axl drapes it around his shoulders as a thank-you/sign of respect to the hosting country.

I still don't get why someone from one country would bring their flag to throw onstage at another country's show.

Yes, I heard about that. I thought that maybe they ( the band)  would be paying a joke to Swedish fans and use a flag of another country instead. Which of course would not be a great idea.

The people who brought the flag didn't maybe realize that Norwegian fans would not find it funny.  And on the press band got the blame for it.

hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #1169 on: June 15, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »

It happens quite a lot at czech shows with polish flags.  Think I saw some of them thrown when they played Prague in 2006.

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »

The people who brought the flag didn't maybe realize that Norwegian fans would not find it funny.

Oh, they knew!!  hihi

Sweden and Norway are very close, but there's a lot of friendly rivalry between us.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:41:54 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1171 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »

dankojones
Thank you @gunsnroses, @axlrose, @tommy_stinson, @richardfortus, @bumblefoot, @DJASHBA, @DizzyReed for a great fucking tour - Danko

gunsnroses
@dankojones Thank YOU! Keep it going.

Sweetness is a virtue
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: June 15, 2010, 07:30:23 PM »

bumblefoot

Thank you Norway, Finland, Russia, Sweden & Denmark! Love ya's!!
5 minutes ago via web
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1173 on: June 16, 2010, 07:20:42 PM »

From Frank's facebook:

Frank Ferrer  My Babies...
about an hour ago

Frank Ferrer's Photos - She's Back!!!
Added 5 hours ago

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1174 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »

From Dizzy's facebook:

Dizzy Reed   Being one above the King Of Clubs
56 minutes ago

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1175 on: June 17, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »

From Chris' facebook:

Chris Pitman  This just in: The Lakers win by 40!! We got a Parade!!
21 minutes ago

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: June 17, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »

You know, I'm not expert and I don't want to make Frank cry but there's no antenna on that car.  I'm pretty sure that car originally came with an antenna.  I don't think it's cherry Frank.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: June 17, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

Just a little question..

I see Guns N' Roses' twitter account changes their "Location" as to where in the world they are. Now, after leaving Denmark it says: "here, there & on the air!"

Just thought about it, and was just wondering if it is a common expression in the States?

First, I was just thinking they meant they were out traveling, but wouldn't it say "in the air"?

A little fun theory of mine is thinking in the direction of the possible live stream we heard of a few months ago... Far fetched, I know. But it's fun to think about either way.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »

Not a common saying in US.  Sounds like a twist on "here, there and every where" a Beatles line?  You may be on to something. 

GNR is way more fun when we are digging around for the secrets, not that I don't like the out here and in your face that has been going on but a few treasure hunts can be fun too.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1179 on: June 17, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »

Just a little question..

I see Guns N' Roses' twitter account changes their "Location" as to where in the world they are. Now, after leaving Denmark it says: "here, there & on the air!"

Just thought about it, and was just wondering if it is a common expression in the States?

First, I was just thinking they meant they were out traveling, but wouldn't it say "in the air"?

A little fun theory of mine is thinking in the direction of the possible live stream we heard of a few months ago... Far fetched, I know. But it's fun to think about either way.  Smiley

This is just a guess, because it could be a typo:

here, there and IN the air if you're flying

here, there and ON the air - ON the air usually means radio/tv airplay

is anyone doing an interview/broadcast whatever? Dunno Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: