Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:57:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1479205 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #540 on: February 17, 2010, 03:26:51 PM »

Awesome indeed. Thought the reference about being happy with the band was very cool. Smiley

but was some hard to read for me with all the short terms of  "you're", "our", "are" etc.
using online messengers for some time, Axl, huh?  Wink
Don't blame him. Try to type as much with iPhone's virtual keyboard. Tongue

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #541 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

the first tweet wasn't but a few parts in the correction tweet are a bit hard for me.

Like who really cared how late they went on at the NYC shows?

uninvited some did.

i like these lines as well as the humorous ones Smiley

"...what makes some internet fan more hardcore than whoever else anyway, oh that's rt...nothing!! "
"U ain't above anyone regardless of who or what corporation u work for n' unfortunately most of u'll get to learn that the hard way. "

and the end bit of course.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #542 on: February 17, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »

I think these 'Tweets' from Axl are great. In the past I have been critical of the lack of communication from the band/Axl, so its great to see the change in strategy from GNR. There's a real buzz and good feeling about what they're up to

Even if you don't agree with everything he says, its still great he is updating the world and I like the fact the messages are very characteristically 'Axl' not written by some PR agent or lawyer or something. The icing on the cake for me would be if there's something to really send everyone into a frenzy, perhaps a live streamed concert, music video or whatever.

Also liking the surprise shows in NYC and maybe LA. Just the band out there enjoying playing to the masses and the few, keeping us all on edge is really cool.

Anyway thats my bit done!  peace

Here today...ready to rock
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2010, 03:40:49 AM »

Correction: In rereading I realized I addressed the clothing nonsense as soon as I was made aware not when it 1st happened, my bad. I tend to avoid media n' the net when touring so as not to have whatever negative nonsense or those tryin' 2 stir trouble interfere w/either the show or time needed elsewhere in prep as well as other GNR business. Too much goin' on to b throwin' sand in some idiot's sandbox. Also my comments aren't based on these relatively minor issues they go a fair way back w/each of those mentioned n' unfortunately several others. We aren't lookin' 4 free rides or handouts, give those to those u been but if ya wanna play nice we can too in fact we'd love to. Can't say we didn't make the effort. Peace!!
Tweetie ? 17/02/2010 17:18

/jarmo

Sounds like Uncle Axl is offering an olive branch to the press. I suggest that they accept it. Going back to the original message, it sounds like the band a tight knit unit having loads of fun, and not so much a swipe at past members but a nod to say "this is how it could have been..." acknowledgement to the past. Axl is clearly delighted with the way things are going these days and the  tweets are the closest/most likely way that the band will offer communications with the fans. We have to remember Axl has in the past has said that he doesn't have to do anything, these days he wants too.

Will these new communications be analysed to death, hell yes, I'm added my 2 pence worth now, but the important part to remember is to offer the views as your opinion and not as fact.  The band is playing a few new covers at concerts (The Wall, My Generation and the AC/DC number) so if I was to get the opportunity to ask Axl a question or two they would be " What song (or songs) do you wish you had written, and what one of your songs if it could happen (but it can't) would you like to have covered by the Beatles..."

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »

gunsnroses - Where will we be tonight? Wink
2 minutes ago from Tweetie

Having a quiet night at home I suppose, I wonder if this was a glitch in the matrix  Grin
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »

haha probably..

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2010, 08:06:58 PM »

Bumblefoot...

On Friday 19th February 2010, @bumblefoot said

24 hrs: Congrats to Eric & Tari (sister-I-never-had) for the birth of their daughter yesterday! Hangin' all night in NYC at The Box (Happy 3 Yr Anniversary!) with a *wonderful* group of folks Smiley Co-wrote a song with Box' host Raven O. years ago, great singer! Quick hello & hug to Cee-Lo from Gnarls, great dude, 6am to get the best Mexican food in all of NY (the food truck parked on 14th & 8th, lol) but they just shut down, soooo... back to NJ, sex, quick rest, ice fell off the roof and smashed Jen's windshield, AAHH!! (caused by the sex?) then to the doctor for Yellow Fever, Typhoid and Hep A shots for the S. American tour. Front row tix to Clapton/Beck tonight but gotta bail and meet up w/ the Bald Freak folks at Fushimi (favorite sushi in S.I.) Schedulin' accountant, studio AC repair dude, meeting re: music for short film at Sushi Palace in Kingston (favorite sushi in NJ), cookin' up somethin' nice for mom's belated B-day, and for Jen's... treadmill w/ guitar in hand, looking forward to sleeping tonight. Smiley ...how was your day dear?

Lee
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »

This is from Baz, but it's related to Ron's last tweet.

sebastianbach - At 'the box' In NYC rite now with @axlrose what a cool place !!!! Having a great time !! #fb
about 18 hours ago from Twitterrific

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #548 on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:04 AM »

ron seems to be quite a gourmet   Grin
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #549 on: February 20, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »

ron seems to be quite a gourmet   Grin

Probably, but I'm afraid of the amount of pepper he might use...  hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #550 on: February 20, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

i can see hot pepper sauce n tacos but on your california roll?  hihi
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #551 on: February 20, 2010, 01:10:36 PM »

Ron really likes hot stuff, particularly spicy curry.  hihi

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #552 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

Ashba Facebook

Dj ASHBA? I remember as if it were yesterday, sitting on the back of a school bus with a pocket knife carving a fretboard on the seat in front of me. My buddy Brandon would poke 3 holes in the seat everyday and he would say, "Thats an"A" chord" now go home and learn that, when ya come back tomorrow I'll show ya another" ~ That w...as the only thing that got me threw detasseling corn in the field that summer! Ha!

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »

Bumblefoot...

Someone just posted vid lessons I did in Paris, Dec '08 (from Guitar Part mag) #1 http://tinyurl.com/ylf35sc , #2 http://tinyurl.com/yzrygbb
about 6 hours ago from web

Wow, I remember the visits that Bumblefoot did in France, Germany and England in late 2008 like it was yesterday. The amount of interviews and press he did while he was here is a testament to the man himself.

What a cool guy to travel halfway around the world to meet his fans.  Grin

Lee
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:38:35 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #554 on: February 21, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

DJASHBA

So I thought I might start tweeting a bit more, what do ya think???
about 10 hours ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #555 on: February 21, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »

DJASHBA    Finally finished up the final touches on my iPhone App! "ASHBA tuner" Amazing Guitar Tuner App! Stay tuned for the iTunes Launch date!
about 8 hours ago from web

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #556 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »

Frank Ferrer  walking with his Boots in the rain....
about an hour ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #557 on: February 23, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »

Frank Ferrer  walking with his Boots in the rain....
about an hour ago

Ha, I love it how Frank always references his boots in one way or another.  hihi

This is from his Thunderchucker Blog.

December 6th, 2009
Packing? trying to make room for my Boots?

January 8th, 2010
Cold as Hell. Nothing compared to what us Gunners are going to face starting mon. in Winnapeg. I?ll be in Canada but my mind will be thinking of Havana. Did a gig with The Compulsions the other night. Rob Carlyle, Sami Yaffa (NYDolls, Hanoi Rocks),and John Andrews (Peter Murphy, Nena). Sleezy good sweaty time. I also did an interview for ?My Latino Voice?. Rosa Alonso and I spoke about growing up a latino in NYC and my Cuban roots. I?ll let you know when it goes up on the site. Can?t wait to rock again with the Gunners though. Hate to leave family and friends behind. I love my kids. I love my Boots?

Lee
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »

bumblefoot

Today's 20 years together with my girl... she made them worth living.
about 17 hours ago

happy china anniversary, mr and mrs foot!  beer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #559 on: February 25, 2010, 02:26:22 PM »

From DJ Ashba:

Chillin' @ the Roosevelt with My Buds from Trailer Park Boys! Hitting the Wiltern Theatre Tonight! I think my suite is Haunted! Ha!

21 minutes ago via web

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: