Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1535283 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #4320 on: February 02, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »

Bizarro World.....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4321 on: February 02, 2016, 03:39:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/694596406280003585
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4322 on: February 02, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »

Once again, Duff and Slash follows up on twitter Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4323 on: February 02, 2016, 04:12:50 PM »

The phrase "Guns N" is trending worldwide on twitter.

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #4324 on: February 02, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »

Once again, Duff and Slash follows up on twitter Smiley

Duff and Slash named founding member as well as Axl in the Nightrain email... Maybe  a typo

smoking

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4325 on: February 02, 2016, 06:14:38 PM »

Something else....... (thanks to Kiernan at Nightrain)

Jamie Mathias Verified account
‏@BFMVJAMIE
Guns N Roses are rehearsing in the same building us... Mental! #mindblown

Jamie Mathias is the bassist in Bullet For My Valentine.
The lead guitarist in BFMV:

padgeBFMV ‏@MichaelPaget  3h3 hours ago
Stepped outside the rehearsal room only to hear Guns n roses rehearsing in the building across the road! Holy fuck #rocketqueen

I sure hope these tweets are just some contrived attempt at creating buzz for themselves (or possibly with the blessing of GNR) by saying something without actually saying anything.

Slash and Duff tweeted/instagramed bass guitar & equipment pics at the rehearsal studio almost a month ago.  And if we're to believe BFMV, they're still practicing playing Rocket Queen??

Wouldn't you think they would get all the songs that are familiar to everyone out of the way early in the rehearing process?

Everyone who is going to be on that stage has played that song a bazzillion times!  Practice it once or twice, tweak it so everyone will be on the same page come showtime, practice it again once or twice more just to make sure then move on.

Doesn't everyone who will be onstage come April usually play that song true to the way it is on AFD anyway?

I know the GNR catalog isn't that big but there must be a number of rarely played songs or songs certain members aren't that familiar with that deserve attention so on the spur of the moment they can be inserted into the set.

The least BFMV could have done was tweeted who was doing the singing in rehearsal, Chris or Duff.  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4326 on: February 02, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »

Seeing as one tweet says they're in the same building, and the other from another band member says they are in the building over the road, I'd take it with a large pinch of salt!

Saw Bullet For My Valentine supporting GNR. Shite, and went down like a lead balloon.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4327 on: February 02, 2016, 06:37:21 PM »

Slash and Duff tweeted/instagramed bass guitar & equipment pics at the rehearsal studio almost a month ago.  And if we're to believe BFMV, they're still practicing playing Rocket Queen??

Wouldn't you think they would get all the songs that are familiar to everyone out of the way early in the rehearing process?

You think they got down Rocket Queen the first week of January, then never to play it again until April 8? Rehearsal is about keeping things fresh, playing over and over again.

Richard is used to playing Rocket Queen with the prolonged intro for instance. I'm sure they got to get down how they want to do the songs as well, not necessarily exactly like the album version.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4328 on: February 02, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »

Yes, as I stated, I think they would get songs like and including Rocket Queen out of the way early in the rehearsal process so they could focus on songs from the GNR catalog that have been rarely played over the past 20 years and songs from CD that maybe Slash & Duff would like to familiarize themselves better with so that GNR 2016 will perform as a cohesive unit.

And I'm pretty sure Slash and Duff have fairly recently performed Rocket Queen with their solo/previous/other bands.

Like riding a bike ... some things just come back to you without you even trying.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4329 on: February 02, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »

Yes, as I stated, I think they would get songs like and including Rocket Queen out of the way early in the rehearsal process so they could focus on songs from the GNR catalog that have been rarely played over the past 20 years and songs from CD that maybe Slash & Duff would like to familiarize themselves better with so that GNR 2016 will perform as a cohesive unit.

And I'm pretty sure Slash and Duff have fairly recently performed Rocket Queen with their solo/previous/other bands.

Like riding a bike ... some things just come back to you without you even trying.

It's not about just learning the songs, it's about getting chemistry and bring new ideas for something to feel it fresh. So yeah, they need to practice every single song in rehearsals, no matter how much they previously played them. Also, there's all the work with the crew to create a sound mixing preset for each song, for Slash's technichian to know when to turn on his different fx and amp presets... There's tons of pre-production work.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4330 on: February 02, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »

Are you kidding?  You seriously think Slash needs to practice playing ROCKET QUEEN on and off for over a month??  Huh

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4331 on: February 02, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »

I'm just saying, even if they played Rocket Queen just recently in rehearsals, it's probably not because they are having trouble playing it, but it's about playing together as a brand new line-up of musicians.

It's not about their ability to actually play a song, but you want to feel comfortable playing together with your fellow members. Chemistry as Voodoochild said.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4332 on: February 02, 2016, 07:21:55 PM »

It's not about their ability to actually play a song, but you want to feel comfortable playing together with your fellow members. Chemistry as Voodoochild said.

The only person on that stage that hasn't performed at the same time together as GNR is Slash so I doubt there is going to be a chemistry issue.

Songs like Rocket Queen, WTTJ, PC, NR, etc., are embedded into these guys (and their techs) DNA!

I'm saying the songs they would be focusing on rehearsing are the rarely played songs or CD songs that everyone would want everyone else on stage to feel as comfortable playing together as humanly possible under the circumstances.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4333 on: February 02, 2016, 07:31:52 PM »

The only person on that stage that hasn't performed at the same time together as GNR is Slash so I doubt there is going to be a chemistry issue.

Songs like Rocket Queen, WTTJ, PC, NR, etc., are embedded into these guys (and their techs) DNA!

I'm saying the songs they would be focusing on rehearsing are the rarely played songs or CD songs that everyone would want everyone else on stage to feel as comfortable playing together as humanly possible under the circumstances.

Even if someone heard them playing Rocket Queen once in February, it doesn't mean that has been their main focus up until now.

Scenario:

They've been working on Locomotive for 5 hours straight.

- "Ok, I think we got the rhythm section down really good now. Slash, great solo on that last run!"

- "Quick, let's do Rocket Queen before dinner people."

Just so happens, BFMV walks past the door.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4334 on: February 02, 2016, 07:45:38 PM »

Scenario:

This is GNR.  Not only do I NOT think under any scenario they would be working on Locomotive for 5 hours straight, I do NOT think they would do anything for 5 hours straight!   Tongue

But do you really think that - especially after the leaks fiasco - GNR would allow anyone to get within earshot of these rehearsals without their knowledge?  What if, under your scenario, they just happen to be rehearsing a brand new GNR 2016 written song?  Someone just happening by at that time and overhearing it is highly unlikely.  Wouldn't you agree?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4335 on: February 02, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »

Scenario:

This is GNR.  Not only do I NOT think under any scenario they would be working on Locomotive for 5 hours straight, I do NOT think they would do anything for 5 hours straight!   Tongue

But do you really think that - especially after the leaks fiasco - GNR would allow anyone to get within earshot of these rehearsals without their knowledge?  What if, under your scenario, they just happen to be rehearsing a brand new GNR 2016 written song?  Someone just happening by at that time and overhearing it is highly unlikely.  Wouldn't you agree?

I think you are overthinking this whole thing.

I don't know where the rehearsal buildings are, but it might be in a closed off area. It's not like they are at the Sunset Strip, in a building with the doors open.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4336 on: February 02, 2016, 08:01:20 PM »

I bet those BFMV guys have got some new followers on twitter for posting that  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4337 on: February 02, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »

I don't know where the rehearsal buildings are, but it might be in a closed off area. It's not like they are at the Sunset Strip, in a building with the doors open.

Just trying to have friendly fan forum conversation.  Smiley

It just seemed to me a pretty safe, non-committal, buzz-inducing thing tweeting Rocket Queen as the song they overheard being played during a rehearsal that 99.999% of us would kill to be lurking outside that studio to hear.  Again, especially after the whole leaks thing.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4338 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »

Just trying to have friendly fan forum conversation.  Smiley

It just seemed to me a pretty safe, non-committal, buzz-inducing thing tweeting Rocket Queen as the song they overheard being played during a rehearsal that 99.999% of us would kill to be lurking outside that studio to hear.  Again, especially after the whole leaks thing.

I wasn't attacking you  Tongue

But to me, it's just a couple of random tweets.

Remember when Axl called in to Eddie Trunk in 2006? They were rehearsing Nightrain, and that was just a week ahead of the first concert. Maybe they should have focused on There Was A Time instead?  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4339 on: February 02, 2016, 08:23:43 PM »

I wasn't attacking you  Tongue
I wasn't attacking you either.  Smiley

But to me, it's just a couple of random tweets.
Agree.  But did BFMV do it on their own or with the GNR camp blessing?  Tongue

TBH, now that I actually think about it: if it is a studio where other bands and people can just walk past and overhear what's going on inside, it does make sense that they would only be practicing the most familiar songs in the GNR catalog so as not to give away any surprises.

Remember when Axl called in to Eddie Trunk in 2006? They were rehearsing Nightrain, and that was just a week ahead of the first concert. Maybe they should have focused on There Was A Time instead?  Wink
WARNING:  This is truly what I think about that.
IMO that was totally staged.  Maybe Eddie Trunk wasn't in on it but IMO Axl and Baz set that up ahead of time.

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: