Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1518574 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #3420 on: April 02, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »

Or maybe they have something special planned for the last residency show on June 7th and he's counting down to that and will be teasing us about it until then?

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3421 on: April 02, 2014, 09:05:05 AM »

He knows GNR fans over-analyze and read too much into things... my money is on the guess this is just an April Fools prank to mess with our heads!  Tongue

Or a passive aggressive stirring of the pot with a ready made excuse if he needs an out.

But this is going to happen for real eventually, people.  You can't never write, record, or release anything and expect people in the fold to roll with it in perpetuity.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3422 on: April 02, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot 22 min
67 days and counting.....

mmmmmh. Undecided

JUNE, 7 (67 days left) is the last show of the "Vegas Residency".....

The only people who do countdowns with their job are people who are unhappy. If that's how he feels, then fine. He's a nice guy but I personally don't believe in publicly showing your own personal unhappiness or dissatisfaction. That is meant to be done behind closed doors or handled directly. Again, this is my own personal opinion and how I handle my own business. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but if he's referring to the 67 days then being done with GNR, why not just leave now. I'd personally rather see Buckethead playing TWAT and Nightrain.

Sorry for the rant. My belief is when somethings not right, or you're unhappy, the only person who can change it is you.

Or I could be completely wrong .....  beer

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #3423 on: April 02, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »

mmmmmh. Undecided

The only people who do countdowns with their job are people who are unhappy. If that's how he feels, then fine. He's a nice guy but I personally don't believe in publicly showing your own personal unhappiness or dissatisfaction. That is meant to be done behind closed doors or handled directly. Again, this is my own personal opinion and how I handle my own business. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but if he's referring to the 67 days then being done with GNR, why not just leave now. I'd personally rather see Buckethead playing TWAT and Nightrain.

Sorry for the rant. My belief is when somethings not right, or you're unhappy, the only person who can change it is you.

Or he's contractually obliged to do this run and is being forced to do it...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3424 on: April 02, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »

mmmmmh. Undecided

Or he's contractually obliged to do this run and is being forced to do it...

That's the vibe I get too. 

I also don't think he's leave them in the lurch.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3425 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »

mmmmmh. Undecided

What about this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206539-rumor-gnr-dropping-rock-on-the-range-lead-guitarist-leaving/

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3426 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »

mmmmmh. Undecided

What about this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206539-rumor-gnr-dropping-rock-on-the-range-lead-guitarist-leaving/

Even if you were take BBF's comments to mean that he's leaving the band in 67 days, that would be well outside the Rock on the Range date, so that rumor would have no connection to this.

Ali
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3427 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »

RnT, the post is from a troll on the Rock on the Range message board. I am pretty sure he was discredited by someone on the board already. Just someone starting rumors. We know all about that as GNR fans don't we? Ha.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #3428 on: April 02, 2014, 10:27:28 AM »

What a coincidence hun?  nervous

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3429 on: April 02, 2014, 10:32:26 AM »

The problem is that although Ron seems like a really good guy, he does engage in this passive aggressive bomb throwing a bit too often for my tastes.  And based on reactions I'm seeing, I am not alone there.

He throws this stuff out there, they gives you the phony shoulder shrugs when people ask him for some clarity on his vague statements.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #3430 on: April 02, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

What a coincidence hun?  nervous
Yes, and no, IMO.  The dates don't match up, as I said, so I don't see any link between the two.

Ali
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3431 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:08 AM »

His departure would not be a surprise... He has hinted at it for a while now

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3432 on: April 02, 2014, 10:37:13 AM »

The problem is that although Ron seems like a really good guy, he does engage in this passive aggressive bomb throwing a bit too often for my tastes.  And based on reactions I'm seeing, I am not alone there.

He throws this stuff out there, they gives you the phony shoulder shrugs when people ask him for some clarity on his vague statements.

It could be passive aggressive, yeah.  Or, just unaware or indifferent to the questions that come up with some vague statements.

My question to those who have been at the shows on this run:

Is there anything in BBF's body language to indicate he was unhappy?

I saw a couple of clips where he was joking around with Axl, like the one where Axl put the Brazilian flag on BBF's shoulders and he wore it while he was playing a solo.  Those didn't exactly scream abject misery and unhappiness and a lack of camaraderie.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3433 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:07 AM »

I don't think he has.

I think he has publicly vented his frustrations.  I don't think he's hinted at his departure for a while now.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3434 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »

This is all obviously speculation, but would it be totally out of left field for him to be thinking the same things many have been saying?

Axl unprepared, yet again.  No hint of anything new.  And the biggest "news" of the tour is a guy that left the band 17 years ago coming back to fill in a few gigs.

Put yourself in his spot.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #3435 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »

Ali... Come on.. He always spouts shit and then says he was just venting...eventually he's just gunn a walk without new music..and this sounds like he's finally done...hope I'm wrong

Even tho he likes Duff...maybe this rubbed him the wrong way..like another sign moving forward is never going to happen?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #3436 on: April 02, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Ali... Come on.. He always spouts shit and then says he was just venting...eventually he's just gunn a walk without new music..and this sounds like he's finally done...hope I'm wrong

Even tho he likes Duff...maybe this rubbed him the wrong way..like another sign moving forward is never going to happen?

It's a legit question to ask.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #3437 on: April 02, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »

My question to those who have been at the shows on this run:

Is there anything in BBF's body language to indicate he was unhappy?

I saw a couple of clips where he was joking around with Axl, like the one where Axl put the Brazilian flag on BBF's shoulders and he wore it while he was playing a solo.  Those didn't exactly scream abject misery and unhappiness and a lack of camaraderie.

Ali

I attended 4 shows so far. While playing on stage, he seemed to be having the time of his life. And I truly believe that you feel that way once you start doing what you love - playing the guitar, for him - and all the shit that happened before this moment doesn't matter right there.

But he seemed pretty pissed in S?o Paulo during the wait for the show to start. He was on the side of the stage and eventually started throwing some water bottles to the fans. The show started shortly after that.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #3438 on: April 02, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »

I agree that he always spouts things.  But, spouting frustration and actually hinting you're leaving are not one and the same.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #3439 on: April 02, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »

This is all obviously speculation, but would it be totally out of left field for him to be thinking the same things many have been saying?

Axl unprepared, yet again.  No hint of anything new.  And the biggest "news" of the tour is a guy that left the band 17 years ago coming back to fill in a few gigs.

Put yourself in his spot.

I think that's looking at it from the perspective of a fan, and one who's not attending any of these shows.  Those in attendance and actually in the band may have a different view.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: