Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 07:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1518563 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3400 on: February 17, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »

Really... Axl?

All of his questions and frustrations seem to be lost in translation (as he also proposes). The following clip - an interview I recommend to anyone touched or with an opinion on this issue - answers all of Axl's questions. If anybody missed it earlier, I've taken the liberty of posting it again. For those truly interested in what happened and why. It's a zoo and the well being of the animals and the reality that they are - indeed - animals is what seems to be forgotten here. Meat from a giraffe is no different than meat from a deer or a cow or a rabbit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxgAC0dWK4&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvuxgAC0dWK4%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

PS: Lions are normally fed cow and deer meat, but maybe they lack cuteness factor. Nine million children under the age of five die every year. Okay, so a giraffe is put down behind the scenes, carved up and dissected (like a Thanksgiving turkey) for educational purposes for paying patrons and their knowledge-hungry kids who accoridng to all eye-witness reports were thrilled, fed to the lions like in the bush... and the world goes crazy. I need a drink now Tongue

Exactly my sentiments on the subject. That's how barbaric I am.

Edit: I also thought Axl was of this opinion with his jokes, some of them were hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:34:20 PM by CheapJon » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3401 on: February 17, 2014, 02:33:48 PM »

Sure, animals in their natural habitat do things to each other that we as humans try to avoid.
I think the whole issue isn't about whether or not people are horrified about what lions in the wild do to other animals. I think the whole issue stems from the fact that we are talking about animals kept caged in zoos and how they are treated..... Is it right to keep animals caged? Is it right to breeed these caged animals? Is it right to let animals breed and then have inbred species that you need to kill? And so on and so on...

But that's another topic.

He said "just kidding"....   Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3402 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »

Since when did axl care about the general public? Tongue

I'm not a vegan myself but it's the only way to protect all animals if you are serious about  it.

Plants are living organisms that can dislike ants crawling on them, so they create small spikes 4 protection.

god I hate that fucking giraffe -_-
You "HATE that FUCKING giraffe"? Why?

It's just how I talk.

I find the drama (can u say carebear?) about this giraffe ridiculous tho. so, yeah peace
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:28:22 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #3403 on: February 17, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

Why is he obsessing about something he don?t understand?

Maybe because it's a current issue that he's trying to understand.

/jarmo

It's nice that he cares about the situation & feels the same as many people that this was unnecessary but as the other poster said - he wears fur coats does he not? Does he give a thought to the animal killed for fashion? He eats meat I presume, does he care enough about how these animals are killed? He doesn't tweet about those industries & the way those animals are treated which is very unpleasant & cruel.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #3404 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:51 PM »

Well can?t be a negative thing to understand something I guess. His intentions might have got lost in the flood of sarcasm earlier though.

If his intentions were misunderstood, please, be kind.  He's done all he could

But yeah, I think you have a point.  I was rather chuckling along with what I felt were pretty obviously jokey tweets.  But I was a bit thrown by this letter.

It reminds me of the old sitcoms from the 80s.  Remember?  Where at episodes' end, the cast would speak directly to the camera and would tell us about where we can learn more about <insert cause here>.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3405 on: February 17, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »

It's nice that he cares about the situation & feels the same as many people that this was unnecessary but as the other poster said - he wears fur coats does he not? Does he give a thought to the animal killed for fashion? He eats meat I presume, does he care enough about how these animals are killed? He doesn't tweet about those industries & the way those animals are treated which is very unpleasant & cruel.

Maybe if these issues were big news all over the world, he would.
This giraffe was all over the news!

Axl comments on a current issue and it's turned into "well, why doesn't he talk about ______ ?"....

So just because you like hamburgers you can't think this issue was messed up? Your opinion doesn't matter?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #3406 on: February 17, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »

Maybe if these issues were big news all over the world, he would.
This giraffe was all over the news!

Axl comments on a current issue and it's turned into "well, why doesn't he talk about ______ ?"....

So just because you like hamburgers you can't think this issue was messed up? Your opinion doesn't matter?

/jarmo

Not at all, of course he can express his opinion on what happened at the zoo. I'm just having trouble getting my head around someone who wears fur coats being upset about a giraffe killing. I'm upset about both,  I hate seeing people wear fur and also upset that the giraffe couldn't be rehomed for breeding elsewhere. They said nothing offered to them was suitable for the giraffe, this is difficult to believe.

Each person has their own passion for things though & this is obviously his. It's good to at least hear from him after so long & maybe with the celebrities voicing their opinion which ruffles feathers in the media & public will make the zoos think twice about making such an event public. Or even reconsider their programs.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 07:57:45 PM by dolphins » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3407 on: February 17, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »

Ok, hi all. *pedantic mode on*

I hate seeing people wear fur

Using boxershorts and socks of wool is also wearing fur.

Syntethic fabricates (chemicals) is not good for us, insects, plants and animals.

Edit:
Totally agree that these danes were a bit reckless considering a zoo's social atmosphere.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:10:10 PM by norway » Logged

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #3408 on: February 17, 2014, 11:34:59 PM »

Ok, hi all. *pedantic mode on*

I hate seeing people wear fur

Using boxershorts and socks of wool is also wearing fur.

Syntethic fabricates (chemicals) is not good for us, insects, plants and animals.

Edit:
Totally agree that these danes were a bit reckless considering a zoo's social atmosphere.

Yeah you are being a bit pendatic maybe,  Grin Woollen boxershorts - really? Wow must be cold where you live  hihi

Sheep are not slaughtered for wool however, they are shorn & released until the wool grows back.

I wholeheartedly agree with Axl saying it was barbaric & horrendous for the average person who doesn't know how a zoo works to see this happen - but isn't it also barbaric to kill an animal for it's fur just for a coat that is not needed unless you're an Eskimo or live in those freezing cold climates?

It could be that I'm very sensitive to animals being killed by humans for humans to use as they wish, it started in childhood & has increased as I have gotten older. Maybe it's just me.

I think it's time for more concerts, it's taking sooooo long to wait for their next tour & I can't wait until we start seeing them again performing. Life is boring without gnr & Axl pics/videos.

Off my soapbox now  peace
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3409 on: February 17, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »

Woollen boxershorts - really? Wow must be cold where you live  hihi

mhm,  Lips Sealed 'look at that little nub' nervous

hihi

but isn't it also barbaric to kill an animal for it's fur just for a coat that is not needed unless you're an Eskimo or live in those freezing cold climates?

Yeah, it's barbaric...and?

If the authorities would let me I'd fight greenpeace for their terror against the coastal populations. /flameshield on

It could be that I'm very sensitive to animals being killed by humans for humans to use as they wish, it started in childhood & has increased as I have gotten older. Maybe it's just me.

I just hope the children at the zoo get to experience their parents taking them out fishing and hunting.

Not sure if the overprotected kids have it as good as apparantly concerned, urban parents would want it to look in reality.

I think it's time for more concerts, it's taking sooooo long to wait for their next tour & I can't wait until we start seeing them again performing. Life is boring without gnr & Axl pics/videos.

so looking forward to it. what will axl wear, sound and whats new in the show... yes

Off my soapbox now  peace

bai2u wave

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #3410 on: February 18, 2014, 03:51:20 AM »

Axl will wear bandana under his hat, sunglasses, t-shirt, jacket, torn jeans & shoes. What will he sound like? Just great as always.
What will be new? Errrrr..... maybe it's a surprise?  Wink

Could be different colour confetti at the end of the show, I kept some from their concert along with the wristbands - I put them in a safe place & when I find them I'll put them in an even safer place. Great memories of a great concert & meeting the band.  yes
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:39:36 AM by dolphins » Logged
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3411 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:28 AM »

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3412 on: March 31, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »

Axl Rose ‏@axlrose
So far so good! Great seein' evry1! Bit rusty. tech issues gettin' sorted. Great crowds! Rain gig yday but again, great crowd! Feels good!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3413 on: March 31, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »

Have fun Axl  Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #3414 on: April 01, 2014, 12:38:15 AM »

Have fun Axl  Cheesy

Yeahhhhhhh

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
santiago-gnr
Rocker

Bucher

« Reply #3415 on: April 02, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »

Bumblefoot ‏@bumblefoot 22 min
67 days and counting.....

mmmmmh. Undecided

JUNE, 7 (67 days left) is the last show of the "Vegas Residency".....
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #3416 on: April 02, 2014, 12:34:42 AM »

Ron tweeted as soon as the show was over: "67 days and counting..." 67 days takes you to the last show of the Vegas residency on June 7th. Ron is counting down the days til the tour is over...is Ron unhappy AGAIN?

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #3417 on: April 02, 2014, 12:37:40 AM »

I saw a few videos where he was laughing with Axl on stage and where Axl put the Brazilian around his shoulders. He seemed to be smiling.

Ali
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #3418 on: April 02, 2014, 01:03:09 AM »

He knows GNR fans over-analyze and read too much into things... my money is on the guess this is just an April Fools prank to mess with our heads!  Tongue

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3419 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:04 AM »

He knows GNR fans over-analyze and read too much into things... my money is on the guess this is just an April Fools prank to mess with our heads!  Tongue
i hope thats the case.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 302 Go Up Print