Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:25:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 164209 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #660 on: July 06, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »

Ok Jarmo...ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #661 on: July 06, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »

As usual, read what I say instead of trying to put a weird twist to what I say.

It's not written in code. Just plain English.

You obviously have some kind of weird personal agenda against me. You wouldn't be the first person.

I'm used to it. People who I never met, act like they hate me. It's fine. Business as usual.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2010, 10:17:41 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Wait...wait...do you think that you are THAT important to me to hate you? Come on man...put the ego down. I don't give a fuck about you or anyone else in this forum.

I HAVE A REAL LIFE, YOU KNOW! AND I HATE REAL PEOPLE, NOT VIRTUAL PERSONS FROM FORUMS  Wink

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #663 on: July 06, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »

This is what I don't like about Maradona.

He thinks he is so better than anyone else, that he refuses to share a press conference with a player. And the player just so happens to be the first scorer who led the germans to destroy Argentina. A sweet bit of payback for Muller, and rightfully so, Maradona seems so arrogant in this conference.

http://bayern.theoffside.com/team-news/maradona-to-muller-this-press-conference-is-mine.html

Good on Muller for scoring that first goal, I'm sure Maradona knows who he is know.  hihi

You see? You eat the shit that press gives you in a fancy plate.

Maradona thought that it would be better to the player speak first.

WHERE DID YOU SEE AN "A TEAM" COACH AND A "B TEAM" PLAYER GIVING A CONFERENCE TOGETHER?

Actually a person who was the conference confirms that Maradona said "Why am I giving a press conference with a ball-boy? Get him out of here."

So it's not as nice as you made it out to be is it.  Roll Eyes
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #664 on: July 06, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »

This is what I don't like about Maradona.

He thinks he is so better than anyone else, that he refuses to share a press conference with a player. And the player just so happens to be the first scorer who led the germans to destroy Argentina. A sweet bit of payback for Muller, and rightfully so, Maradona seems so arrogant in this conference.

http://bayern.theoffside.com/team-news/maradona-to-muller-this-press-conference-is-mine.html

Good on Muller for scoring that first goal, I'm sure Maradona knows who he is know.  hihi

You see? You eat the shit that press gives you in a fancy plate.

Maradona thought that it would be better to the player speak first.

WHERE DID YOU SEE AN "A TEAM" COACH AND A "B TEAM" PLAYER GIVING A CONFERENCE TOGETHER?

Actually a person who was the conference confirms that Maradona said "Why am I giving a press conference with a ball-boy? Get him out of here."

So it's not as nice as you made it out to be is it.  Roll Eyes

And a journalist made up that Maradona said in a conference: "Uruguay? Are they playing this World Cup? Never knew that".

There's always better to kick Maradona. There's always better to write bad things about him. Even if those things are invented. That's why I see SO MANY THINGS IN COMMON between Maradona and Axl

Yeah, Maradona had problem with drugs but Garricha died to cirrhosis and nobody tells that. It's always better to punch Maradona. ALWAYS.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #665 on: July 06, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »

I don't give a fuck about you or anyone else in this forum.

It shows!

It falls under class.

Something you lack....

Obviously you give a fuck about me or you wouldn't be replying to my every post and telling everybody how little I know of football.

If I was a nobody, why would you care if I know nothing about football? Wouldn't you just ignore me?

You have a funny way of showing that "you don't give a fuck".

You try to get me to reply to your every post. Many of them are aimed directly at me.

Who are you trying to fool?

It's almost like you have a fucking man crush on me.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #666 on: July 06, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »

In fact, I love you Jarmo.

Please...send me a lot of (K) and (L)

Don't you remember when I met you in Buenos Aires I couldn't tell you one single thing? That's because your beauty made me speechless.

YOU GOT ME

GEEZ...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:32:08 PM by Ulises » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #667 on: July 06, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »

Don't you remember when I met you in Buenos Aires I couldn't tell you one single thing? That's because your beauty made me speechless.

I thought you were just nervous and not as tough as you're behind the keyboard.... I guess I was wrong.

As usual. Not being able to respond anything I say...

Joke it away.

It didn't happen if you think it didn't!  rofl

You've made a fool out of yourself so many times in this thread, I almost want to thank you for the entertainment.

It's really like being in high school or something.

"You know nothing about football!"

"Prove it!"

"No!"

"Do it!"

"No! You can't support Holland! You're Finnish! Your real team sucks!"

"I know. But why did you skip the first question?"

"Because I can! And my team has won two cups! You can't talk to me like that because we won. Twice. It makes me cry when I think about it. Cry"

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:34:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #668 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »

Stop Jarmo. Don't break my heart  Cry

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #669 on: July 06, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »

Stop Jarmo. Don't break my heart  Cry

Didn't Maradona already break it when he said he wasn't into guys....

bow

/jarmo

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #670 on: July 06, 2010, 10:37:25 PM »

Yeah, Maradona had problem with drugs but Garricha died to cirrhosis and nobody tells that. It's always better to punch Maradona. ALWAYS.

People don't tell that, because nobody worships Garrincha like God. There's a huge gap in between saying that player is your favourite, or that you think he's the best ever and calling him "God" and defending him in anything people will say, even if your "God" is wrong. Garrincha died and was buried like some random person, in very poor conditions. Nilton Santos (considered by FIFA the best left wing-back in the history of football), one of his best friends and who played with him both in Botafogo and in the national team was the one who gave the man a decent grave. Once Garrincha started having problems with heavy drinking, the whole world turned their backs on him, forgetting everything that he once did.

See, nobody picks on Garrincha, Nilton Santos, Pel?, Didi, Amarildo, Zico, Zagallo, etc, because none of them were worshipped. Why not? Because we don't need that. If we were to have a church for every single player we owe a lot to... Oh, boy! hihi We have so many idols, so many great players, so many people who won World Cups with the Brazilian team, that people have different opinions on who they think it's the best player over here. There's no agreement about that.

See, I truly hate Maradona's guts with passion, but I haven't said a word about him in this thread. So, never ever put Garrincha in the same sentence as your "God" again. For your own good. ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #671 on: July 06, 2010, 10:41:04 PM »

Ouch!

Zico! Hello Mexico 1986..... Him and Socrates.... Cheesy

/jarmo

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #672 on: July 06, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

Well...last post of the day.

Are we believing in an octopus?

Geez...

Anyway...I would like to see Holland - Germany in finals.

Maybe the octopus knows more about football than you.

We don't know what makes the octopus an "expert", neither do we know what makes you one.

So it looks like both of your opinions are worth equally as much!

Cheesy

/jarmo

This is where all began today Jarmo. Who has a crush on who? Take care! Sleep tight!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #673 on: July 06, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

Hahahaha.

Funny for a guy who instead of being happy for Holland and congratulating them, attacked me for being Finnish and supporting Holland straight after the game.  Cheesy

And that's understandable considering that YOUR REAL COUNTRY didn't qualify  beer

You don't have any other choice: you have to support a foreign team  ok

Nothing to do with the game. Just about me.

Yes I admit, I made a joke about you and the octopus!  Cheesy

Once again: So fucking awesome that Holland is in the final!!! Made my day! beer

(insert Vuvuzela noise courtesy of kaasupoltin and myself)

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:55:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #674 on: July 06, 2010, 10:57:53 PM »

Well...I give up!

I'm going to discuss with my cousin. He's 8 years old but he knows about football.

It's a shame you ended up insulting south american people.

Groso.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #675 on: July 06, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »

Well...I give up!

I'm going to discuss with my cousin. He's 8 years old but he knows about football.

It's a shame you ended up insulting south american people.

Groso.

If you can't post in English, try harder.

Thanks!

This is an English speaking web site. We assume everybody understands it and even if your English isn't perfect, it's ok.

/jarmo

manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #676 on: July 06, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »

Go back.

And when you're done, you can leave this thread.

Your team has flown home.

Nothing for you here anymore.

Your team didn't qualify.

cuak
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #677 on: July 06, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »

I know! We have been through that many times in this thread. Finland didn't qualify.

It's amazing the attention the Finnish national football team is getting.

I never knew there was so much interest!

kaasupoltin, did you know people in Argentina cared so much about our team? I had no idea! Fucking hell. Quite amazing!

But they didn't lose to Germany. They played twice and both games were tied. Imagine that!

Maybe next time... One can always dream right?

My other team is in the final!  beer

/jarmo

PS Like I said, it's like being back in hi.... elementary school.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:09:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #678 on: July 06, 2010, 11:41:48 PM »

Please, dont tell me you said argentina was badly coached because of one match... or are you THAT clueless?

Their head coach has no coaching experience.

Maradona still has very little experience and I don't consider him a great coach until he proves it.  Smiley

I dont consider Maradona a great coach either. But I got my reasons to think that. Daniel Passarella, probably the best defender of football history among with Franz Beckenbauer (both called ''the great captain'', ''our kaiser'') debuted as a coach being champion with River Plate. Same for Americo Gallego, who debuted as an undefeated champion in argentina's league. You may know former argentine midfielder Diego Simeone. He had no experience as coach when he was champion with 2 different teams in Argentina. Chile's coach, formerly Argentina's coach Marcelo Beilsa never played a single match in first division and he debuted as champion with a minor argentine team like newell's old boys. How much experience did Pep Guardiola had as a coach before being multi-champion and winning it all with Barcelona? None.

My point, while I teach you some football, is you dont need ''experience'' to be a good coach. Experience can help, and it surely does, but its not a requirement. Nadal didnt need experience to win Roland Garros.

Maradona may not be a good coach and there are SEVERAL reasons for it. You can not mention any of them because you clearly dont know a jack shit about football ''the game''. You may perfectly know what to say in some message board to sound cool reading ''The Sun'' or ''Marca'', and you just talk using the most basic common sense. The ''experience'' argument is just an example.

I'm still waiting for you to justify why Maradona is a bad coach. Your statement can be true, i dont deny that. But you just cant explain why you think that.

Did I miss you congratulating the opponent?

Admitting the other team was better.... We all saw that! 4-0!

We know Germany was better than Argentina!

That's my way of congratulating the opponent: expressing how much I liked the way they played, how better than us they were, and thinking and desiring they're gonna win the world cup. I dont need, nor any of the immense humanity who loves football, to do a vulgar and hypocrite semi-gay demostration of ethics and moral to congratulate the other team.

But, anyway, trust me you have better chances of teaching me modals than teaching me football. You clearly cant see anything beyond a result to make an own analysis. You simply repeat and repeat what other people who never grabbed a football ball in their lives like you say in the media, lika a parrot.

People don't tell that, because nobody worships Garrincha like God. There's a huge gap in between saying that player is your favourite, or that you think he's the best ever and calling him "God" and defending him in anything people will say, even if your "God" is wrong. Garrincha died and was buried like some random person, in very poor conditions. Nilton Santos (considered by FIFA the best left wing-back in the history of football), one of his best friends and who played with him both in Botafogo and in the national team was the one who gave the man a decent grave. Once Garrincha started having problems with heavy drinking, the whole world turned their backs on him, forgetting everything that he once did.

See, nobody picks on Garrincha, Nilton Santos, Pel?, Didi, Amarildo, Zico, Zagallo, etc, because none of them were worshipped. Why not? Because we don't need that. If we were to have a church for every single player we owe a lot to... Oh, boy! hihi We have so many idols, so many great players, so many people who won World Cups with the Brazilian team, that people have different opinions on who they think it's the best player over here. There's no agreement about that.

See, I truly hate Maradona's guts with passion, but I haven't said a word about him in this thread. So, never ever put Garrincha in the same sentence as your "God" again. For your own good. ok

The reasons why most of argentine people (and people from Napoles: have you heard how ITALIANS from Napoles celebrated Maradona's penalty goal against their own country in Italy '90 World Cup? That's something truly incredible, hard to explain to someone like Jarmo...) worship Maradona escape/overpass football itself. This is not the place to talk about this, but if you ever feel interest we can talk through messenger. And, as opposite as Garrincha's case, the argentine/napoles masses supported Maradona like never before when he was walking in the red thin line of death due to drug abuse and cardiac problems. There were several million people praying for him, promising all kind of things, waiting in veil outside the medical center where he was having treatment. We dont forget people who gave everything they had for us.

And you are wrong about Garrincha. The immense majority of '''''old'''' argentina football fans worship Garrincha a hell lot more than Pel?. And im not talking about people who ''hate'' Pele for the classic Pele-Maradona fight: my father, for example, says Garrincha was the best and most unpredictable football player he has ever seen. My father talks about Gerson, Tostao, Didi, Rivelino, the ''great'' Jairzinho; and I personally will be always amazed with Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Romario, Bebeto, Ra? and Kak?, and NOT with Pele. I watch LOTS of football. I watch football since i was 3 or 4 years old and I must admit I've not seen too much from Pel?. But Jarmo called him a ''great player''... damn!

I didnt like your last paragraph, Mandy. At all. Unnecesarily rude. Anyway, reading a post of you in this page was refreshing after so much newbie in the atmosphere  ok
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:48:09 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #679 on: July 06, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »

Humilliation is another word that could only be used for a newbie impressed by a result.  This, and qualifying a last-resource hand in the line to avoid an elimination in a world cup ''cheating'' makes me think you're lacking something very important to understand football: feeling it.

It's got nothing to do with understanding football. When will you get it?

I understand football pretty well. You and your pal just can't admit it because of your bitterness.

Just because I don't relate to your way of thinking about the sport doesn't mean I don't understand the sport.

I don't like dirty tricks to decide a game, I prefer fair play. You think you should so whatever it takes to win.

You say I don't understand football, I say you don't understand fair play football.

Something that's ordinary to you, is not ordinary to me.

The world cup ended for me, because Argentina was eliminated. The good thing for someone who doesnt feel football is you can always cheer for the winner, no matter what teams are playing, so the world cup ends the day of the final.

Nice guess. Unfortunately for you, it's wrong in my case.

Ever since I started following the sport (that I don't understand), two teams made an impact on me. Brazil and the Netherlands. It was fun watching them play.

I guess it helped that both were popular in the 1970s and I kept hearing about players such as Pele and Cryuff. So those two became my favorite teams.

Now, can you tell me how many World Cups the Netherlands have won since I started following this sport that I don't know in the 1980s?

It must be many since I always cheer for the winner!

In one way or another, i admire you: you can still enjoy this world cup, and you'll never feel as sad as I am right now, as i was in 2006, as i was in 2002, as i was [...].

Yeah, it sucks when your favorite team (or athlete, race car driver etc.) doesn't win.

But I have learned a lesson in life and it still holds true: You can't always win.

I might be upset for a while after Kimi didn't finish a race, when Finland lost a game in ice hockey or when Holland was sent home from a cup, but I get over it.

I don't go to the airport and threaten to kick anybody's ass over it or hate somebody because they support the wrong team.

Ever felt shivers down your spine while watching old videos of your football idols?

Yes.

I cant help crying everytime I watch Maradona crying and insulting after losing 1990's final. We were robbed with a penalty that never existed. Have you ever seen any argentine saying Rudi Voeller ''cheated''? damn no, he simulated a foul. he took a risk, and he had the results he wanted. Blame the referee if you feel the need to blame anyone, not the player.

Never liked V?ller. He had that thing with Rijkaard....  By the way, that was just wrong by Rijkaard to spit! Shameful.

Oh man. I remember back in the early/mid-90s when they were showing Serie A football on Swedish TV and I was able to watch the three Dutchmen play in AC Milan almost every week.... van Basten. Now that was a football player!

I remember him as being a fair player. Maybe it's my clouded memory and he used his hand in every game... But I don't understand the sport anyway.

The difference is you probably feel football like any other entretainment: you can watch football like you see ''Friends'' or like you watch a rock DVD.

No,, my pulse doesn't go up watching regular TV.

I guess I just don't understand or feel the sport like you said though.

I guess I get nervous and my pulse goes up because I'm just trying to understand the sport. Yeah. That must be it.

Nice try. Just shows how well you know me.

Edit:

Have you seen this poll?

http://www.misionmundial.com.ar/

?Cree que Maradona debe continuar como DT de la Selecci?n tras el Mundial?

S? 37,9% (38629 votos)

No 62,1% (63330 votos)

Who are the clueless people voting on that Argentinian web site?

Wasn't me. You guys know so much about football, how come so many of you want a new coach? Don't these people understand the sport?

/jarmo

I did not know that you read Clarin...

Post in english, this is an english board.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:47:55 PM by manteca80 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: