Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:17:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 164179 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #640 on: July 06, 2010, 06:07:40 PM »

Wow!!! POSITIVE KARMA!!!! SWEET!!!!

Come on grandpa J! Give me some positive karma!

Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #641 on: July 06, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »

We Uruguayans did a great game and showed why we got to semis. I'm proud of my country and congratulations to our players that did their best until the very last minute.  beer
Good game. Congrats Holland.

Finally a fellow Uruguayan over here...! We are so proud of what we did today, we gave our best and if it wasn't enough, well it wasn't! Cool Now to fight for a deserved 3rd place.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #642 on: July 06, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »

Anyway, some of the South Americans on this board need to step back and stop being bitter. To start picking at Holland for certain things is funny, as this time last Friday you all were trying to condone bad sportsmanship.

Seriously, the mention of the word "bitter" used to generalize what people from South America think in this thread is getting boring, already. It doesn't make anybody bitter to dislike a team and, therefore, not congratulate them when they win.

The only real bad sportmanship I saw last Friday was when a dickhead that goes by the name of Felipe Melo stepped hard on a Holland player's leg, on purpose, while he was already on the floor.

beer <- Coke Zero

You knew it better when you're discussing football. Go back to that. ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #643 on: July 06, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »

IMHO, Nethearlands/Holland isn't capable of beating Germany. Their only chance would be if Spain wins tomorrow (although I think it's possible). Holland defense isn't as good and Podolski and Klose are on fire.

Let's wait for tomorrow game...

I would love to see Germany win. But it would be amazing to have both Spain and Holland in the final match for the sake of a new champion after so many years. It's about time.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #644 on: July 06, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »

Anyway, some of the South Americans on this board need to step back and stop being bitter. To start picking at Holland for certain things is funny, as this time last Friday you all were trying to condone bad sportsmanship.

Seriously, the mention of the word "bitter" used to generalize what people from South America think in this thread is getting boring, already. It doesn't make anybody bitter to dislike a team and, therefore, not congratulate them when they win.

The only real bad sportmanship I saw last Friday was when a dickhead that goes by the name of Felipe Melo stepped hard on a Holland player's leg, on purpose, while he was already on the floor.

Oh really, so you never thought your boy Suarez, conducted in what many would view as unsportsman like behaviour. When he volleyballed Ghanas' winning goal off of the line?, I mean seriously.  Tongue

I'm sick of talking about this over and over again, lets just accept people have different views about that incident.

Heres to a Netherlands - Germany final.

beer

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #645 on: July 06, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »

Congratulations Holland for reaching the final. I wanted to see Uruguay in the final, but i knew that was highly unlikely. Now I expect to see Germany in the final, but to be honest, the world cup ended for me.

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!  Grin

beer

/jarmo

I deeply admire how you can be happy and celebrate a victory of a country that is not yours.

Back in the nineties, there were no argentine drivers in formula 1. I tried cheering up for Schumacher and/or Hakkinen, the two simplest choices, but failed.

I just feel hypocrite.

All South American teams are out. Looks like Europe gave those experts that know better a lesson in football in the tournament.

you're really clueless, but it doesnt surprise me, these are the kind of comments I expect from people like you.

This is what Wikipedia says (a fact this time): With 10 member football associations, CONMEBOL it is the smallest confederation in FIFA. Nonetheless, CONMEBOL has been, consistently, the most successful confederation in the world.

53 european teams form UEFA > 13 of them qualified to the world cup

10 southamerican teams form CONMEBOL > 4 of them qualified straightly to the world cup, and 1 played against 1 CONCACAF team

There were just 5 places for southamerican teams. 100% of them reached round of 16, 80% of them won their group, and 80% reached quarterfinals.

Wanna do the maths for UEFA teams?

World cups: CONMEBOL > Brazil 5 - Argentina 2 - Uruguay 2= 9
World cups: UEFA > Germany 3 - Italy 4 - France 1 - England 1= 9

UEFA is more than 5 times bigger numerically talking than CONMEBOL and we have the same number of world cups than UEFA, and we have more clubs with the Intercontinental trophy.

Now I see you want to make this an europe vs southamerica thing... dont try it. You'll always lose. You are a lot more and you have less titles than us.

And im saying ''you'' while laughing my ass off, because its just laughable to see a finish grabbing the flag of ''the europeans'' in a football discussion. Give that honor to an italian, a german, a french...  rofl

oh, sorry, i forgot you inexplicably cheer for Holland... oh, but holland has no titles neither... oh... hihi

Mandy: you're full of shit. You don't no fucking shit and your previous post is the proof. Look at dutch football history. They always play beautiful because they try to play nice not to win. Look at 74, look at 78. Cruijf, van basten. You are dumb. You are fucking ignorant.
And this goes for both you and ulises-shit. Just because you'r to much of a pussy to say it out loud: you are acting like your experts but you are both far from.

There's one similarity between Brazil and Holland: both teams historically played good football. Brazil '70 was probably the best team in football history. Holland in 1974 was an incredible team too.

But there's also one difference: brazil won 5 world cups and holland won zero.

That makes Brazil the best football nation in history and Holland the greatest loser. Some say the runner up is the first of the losers... and I have to agree with that (and Argentina was a world cup runner up TWICE)

What amazes me most is you say Mandy dont know a shit about football while you reivindicate the greatest maxim of a football loser: ''we want to play nice, not to win''  rofl

See, believe it or not, In Europe football is king and it's where all southamerican players actually PLAY when they are good enough. If you are too stubborn to see that, then feel free to deny the what's obvious for the rest of the world.

Players go to play to Europe just because they got payed better than in their own nations... regarding football level... who won more intercontinental cups? who won more sub-20/23 world cups? who won more ''senior'' world cups? who are the three best players of football history according to FIFA (an institution led by an european)?  ok

Dont forget these words: win a world cup first. Then start talking with big fishes like us.

You only had one badly coached Argentina to support and cry for. She had another team in case something happened and Brazil were sent packing....

Here you have an immensely great chance to shut all ''crybabies southamerican mouthes'' and showed us we were  wrong: explain with your own reasonings and knowledge WHY Argentina was badly coached. I need to read about tactics, strategy, schemes, directions. I warn you about something: you cant use google.

Come one. Show me i was wrong. Show me you can justify your words. Show me you are not a perfect football newbie as I think you are.

Please, someone send me a PM when the finnish Holland fan explained why Argentina was badly coached.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:39:43 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #646 on: July 06, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »

I have explained why I support Holland. I don't feel like repeating myself.

If you can't figure it out, I'm not wasting my time on you.

I shouldn't even be wasting this much time on you, but since you asked:

Why was Argentina badly coached? They lost 4-0. That's the simple answer!

They had no answer to Germany's tactics. Nothing happened.

Germany kept humiliating your team.

Even today's game showed you what a difference a well managed team makes. Uruguay came back. They just didn't pretend the first goal didn't happen.

Maradona has no coaching experience compared to several other World Cup coaches. Just by comparing to the four coaches who were in the semi finals tells you that.

These are not people who woke up one morning and thought "Hey, I'll coach the national team!".

Funny seeing two Argentinians be so upset about me supporting Holland. But they won't comment on Mandy, who's admitted that she supports England along with Brazil.

Nobody else seems mind. Not even the classy Uruguayans. The Dutch don't seem upset that I support their team.

It's called being a hypocrite.

By the way. It's no wonder Brazil is my team after Holland (and Finland).

The two Brazilians who I've seen posting in this thread have way more class than the two Argentinians.... Just saying.

Nice history statistics. Did they help you get over the fact that Maradona FAILED?

Brazil has won half of all your continent's titles. Says something about how awesome Brazil really is.

I hope you're proud of them. Pele, what a player he was.....

Dont forget these words: win a world cup first. Then start talking with big fishes like us.

But you didn't win anything.

You watched your national team win. Or maybe you didn't.

Were you even born in 1986?

You had no part in them winning in 1978 or 1986. It wasn't thanks to you.

So by logic, your opinion isn't worth any more than Ignatius. Or anybody else's.

Don't ever forget that.

/jarmo

PS Your team is out and since you're not supporting anybody else..... wave
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:26:48 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #647 on: July 06, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

As expected, you didn't give the answer.

You're adorable Jarmo!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #648 on: July 06, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »

I had such a nice time in Buenos Aires last March.

Obviously the whole country isn't like these two.....

Not to mention Montevideo.... The gig was actually at the old stadium that host the World Cup!

Really old! They even had old posters on the walls there from like the 1930s!

Classic place!

And looking down at Maracana from the mountain in Rio.... Nice.

Hard to believe that in all these welcoming places in South America, where people love football, there's these people with so little respect for others' opinions.

It seems to me like football, just like music, unites people. But these two Argentinians want no part in that.

They think they are above everybody else.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:42:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #649 on: July 06, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »

Hmmmmm...and that is related to football because...

And is funny...now the uruguayans are CLASSY. One week ago they were filthy cheaters.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:40:45 PM by Ulises » Logged

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #650 on: July 06, 2010, 09:42:35 PM »

Mandy: you're full of shit. You don't no fucking shit and your previous post is the proof. Look at dutch football history. They always play beautiful because they try to play nice not to win. Look at 74, look at 78. Cruijf, van basten. You are dumb. You are fucking ignorant.
And this goes for both you and ulises-shit. Just because you'r to much of a pussy to say it out loud: you are acting like your experts but you are both far from.

Thanks for quoting this Esteban, for some reason I totally missed it! Didn't see it before. Don't get your pants in a twist, kiddo. You just insulted me and in the end said nothing. Do you even have a point apart from insulting people for no reason, calling me a "fucking ignorant" and "too much of a pussy"? Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Undecided Undecided

I hope you're proud of them. Pele, what a player he was.....

Oooohh, don't get me started on Pel? or this thread will never end. hihi

The best Brazilian player of all time goes by the name of Garrincha and won two World Cups - 1958 and 1962.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_kiJjMS2K4

yes

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #651 on: July 06, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »

I know of Garrincha.

But Pele is the name I remember hearing mentioned as somebody truly special when I grew up....

I mean, a lot of people still remembered him because he was still active in the 1970 World Cup... So he wasn't "old news"...

In case anybody's confused why some are classy and some aren't.

The Uruguayan posters in this thread admitted that they lost and congratulated the opponent. That's classy.

Then there's others who lack a certain element of class. you have it or you don't. It's apparent who doesn't.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:48:04 PM by jarmo » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #652 on: July 06, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »

As expected, you didn't give the answer.

are you really surprised?

Good to see i wasnt wrong. He is absolutely unable to back up his statement, an statement based on some shit he heard in the press, like 99,9% of the things he expressed here (not including the explicit attacks to southamericans in general first, then to argentine people particullarly: those have been genuine/own thoughts, which doesnt surprise me either)

and believe me if i could go back in time and had the chance of ignoring the last paragraph the born-in-finland-but-holland-fan wrote about ''not being part [...]'' i'd surely do it. Lame is a very tiny word to use to describe that.

Why was Argentina badly coached? They lost 4-0. That's the simple answer!

They had no answer to Germany's tactics. Nothing happened.

Germany kept humiliating your team.

Even today's game showed you what a difference a well managed team makes. Uruguay came back. They just didn't pretend the first goal didn't happen.

You're even newbier than I actually expected. I will ignore the fact you got nothing to say about tactics (I could write 100 lines explaining why I think Argentina was so easily defeated by Germany; you are just unable to write one short sentence, confirming you're an absolute noob as I think you are).

Now: so you say Argentina was ''badly coached'' because they lost one match against Germany. And what about the other 4 victories? What about the victory against Germany a month ago? Are you aware that Argentina, with Maradona on the bench, defeated Uruguay in Uruguay with this same coach 2 months ago?

Please, dont tell me you said argentina was badly coached because of one match... or are you THAT clueless?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:50:27 PM by estebanf » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #653 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »

The Uruguayan posters in this thread admitted that they lost and congratulated the opponent. That's classy.

Then there's others who lack a certain element of class. you have it or you don't. It's apparent who doesn't.

/jarmo

Impressive display of power by the germans. Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Muller and Klose are just on fire.

Argentina could have changed the way of the match in those last 15 minutes of the game, and until the second goal came. Then it was over.

Germany is the immense favourite to win this world cup. Playing like today, they got no opponents.

You guys will never imagine how I love Diego Maradona. All I hope is he continues as our coach.

ok

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #654 on: July 06, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »

/jarmo

And WHY we're not?

Wow...amazing Germany.

I guess kaasupoltin is happy because southamerican fuckfaces was eliminated.

Lession of basic football to Jarmo: "In football wins the team who score more. Not with merits".

At least Brazil is out  Grin*

*So sad hihi

Ok kaa(...), win ONE World Cup and then mock.

However, I understand why you have to support Germany. Your team in football is null.

I won supporting MY country and today, I lose supporting MY country.

Hope Germany be the champion. They deserve it most than anyone

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #655 on: July 06, 2010, 09:59:08 PM »

Please, dont tell me you said argentina was badly coached because of one match... or are you THAT clueless?

Their head coach has no coaching experience.

Disagree all you want.

Germany was truly the first real test that team had and they failed miserably. Good coaching doesn't mean waving your arms a lot.....

Actually I kinda agree with you.

You can be a great coach and still lose.

Let's say two coaches both take their teams to semi finals and then get kicked out. Are both coaches equally good/bad? No.

One coach might have not been able to maximize his team's capabilities while the other coach took his team all the way to the semi finals when it wasn't supposed to be possible.

Maradona still has very little experience and I don't consider him a great coach until he proves it.  Smiley

Did I miss you congratulating the opponent?

Admitting the other team was better.... We all saw that! 4-0!

We know Germany was better than Argentina!

This is classy:

We Uruguayans did a great game and showed why we got to semis. I'm proud of my country and congratulations to our players that did their best until the very last minute.  beer

Good game. Congrats Holland.

This is not aimed at Eduardo by the way:

Maybe you two know nothing about class?

Do you two talk about class at home with your friends? Have you two ever seen class in action in real life?

Maybe you two don't feel class like others do?

Maybe the rest of us understand more about class than you two because we have a longer history with class?

Maybe our class is way better than your version of class?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:05:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #656 on: July 06, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »

Well...I give up!

I'm going to discuss with my cousin. He's 8 years old but he knows about football.

It's a shame you ended up insulting south american people.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:06:48 PM by Ulises » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #657 on: July 06, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »

This is what I don't like about Maradona.

He thinks he is so better than anyone else, that he refuses to share a press conference with a player. And the player just so happens to be the first scorer who led the germans to destroy Argentina. A sweet bit of payback for Muller, and rightfully so, Maradona seems so arrogant in this conference.

http://bayern.theoffside.com/team-news/maradona-to-muller-this-press-conference-is-mine.html

Good on Muller for scoring that first goal, I'm sure Maradona knows who he is know.  hihi

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #658 on: July 06, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »

You see? You eat the shit that press gives you in a fancy plate.

Maradona thought that it would be better to the player speak first.

WHERE DID YOU SEE AN "A TEAM" COACH AND A "B TEAM" PLAYER GIVING A CONFERENCE TOGETHER?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #659 on: July 06, 2010, 10:10:40 PM »

It's a shame you ended up insulting south american people.

No I didn't.

Just because I have an opinion about you, doesn't mean it's true for everybody in South America or even Argentina.  ok

If I insulted South America, you have insulted humanity and dumb people everywhere.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:12:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: