Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:41:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 163674 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »

Anyway...Germany must win this World Cup.

I hope not!

They're gonna be tough to beat, but I hope somebody does it....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:55:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

I wonder if mick jagger was rooting for argentina hihi
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »

Luis Felipe Scolari, aka Felip?o (they guy who coached Brazil in 2002, when we won our 5th Cup, Portugal in 2006 and then Chelsea), is CBF's favorite guy at the moment, to be our new coach. Their 2nd favourite is Mano Menezes (Corinthians' coach), who is not too bad, but also not as good as Felip?o.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Jagger is a black cat hihi . With the octopus against us and Jagger with us...we don't have chances hihi

Germany or Netherlands (or Holland...I never realized the difference to be honest). The champion is between them.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »

At least we can all agree that Germany are like a friggin machine at the moment.

Their manager knows his stuff, I tell ya. He has found a way to be great defensively whilst being deadly on the counter, thus being good attacking wise too.

I think they will be very hard to beat, but they are beatable. I'm interested to see what Spain will pull out of the hat tonight, David Villas' a good talent as well.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »

I cannot believe Germany won so easily. Argentina were tactically naive. Maradona is a saintly figure, but not a proper football manager.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »

I cannot believe Germany won so easily. Argentina were tactically naive. Maradona is a saintly figure, but not a proper football manager.

True. It seemed like there was no real tactic at all.. or maybe Germany just played so well that Argentina didn't have the chance to put their strategy into action. Germany might not be that great when it comes to individual talent and skill, but as usual they play wonderfully as a team and that's their biggest weapon once again. 

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2010, 03:26:47 PM »

Luis Felipe Scolari, aka Felip?o (they guy who coached Brazil in 2002, when we won our 5th Cup, Portugal in 2006 and then Chelsea), is CBF's favorite guy at the moment, to be our new coach. Their 2nd favourite is Mano Menezes (Corinthians' coach), who is not too bad, but also not as good as Felip?o.
Eithet Felipao or Dorival Jr (from Santos and ex-Sport Club Recife!!!!! Grin) would be good.

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »

Fucking shit, two penalties and no goal Grin These last days have finally made this year's tournament dramatic and special.

Edit. to make it a little more dramatic, one should point out that it was actually three penalties, one goal, and the game is still 0-0 Grin
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:54:18 PM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »

Bad calls by the referee.

That Spanish goal should've been allowed.

If he wanted to make a call for players running in too early, he should've done it when the Paraguay penalty was taken!

Then he missed the obvious (third) penalty kick as the goalie went for the player instead of the ball....

Edit: Spain wins. What a game in the end.

How many times can you hit the goal posts in minute?  hihi

But what do I know... I'm not South American.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:23:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »

Bad calls by the referee.

That Spanish goal should've been allowed.

If he wanted to make a call for players running in too early, he should've done it when the Paraguay penalty was taken!

I got to disagree. I didn't see how early the players ran to the box when the Paraguay penalty was taken, but they definitely ran too early when the first Spain penalty was taken. So that one was a great call in my opinion.

But hey, Spain has to do way better if they want to win Germany. Here's to that Holland-Germany final we talked about beer

BEEP.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »

To me it looked like the players had advanced further away on the Paraguay penalty.

Usually they don't even call for that kind of thing unless it's very obvious.

Paraguay played well tactically speaking. Spain looked confused at times.

/jarmo

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »

wow,

Germany go on...

against Spain
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »

With Paraguay now out, Uruguay (WEEEE!!!) are the last South American team left! You can say all you want about Su?rez, but we won fair and sqare; yes he commited penalty by playing volleybal on the small area, but he did what he had to do to save us and give us a final chance, that later Ghana couldn't take (is that Su?res's fault too?). Now to the semis against Holland.... most people here know is almost impossible to win that, specially when we will miss a few players, but over all we are happy and extremely proud of what our players did, specially when nobody gave us any chance. Last night the celebration was amazing. Being where we are now is extremely gratifying for now, we'll see what happens next week.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »

This World Cup is miraculous...made Jarmo talks about football and Uruguay is in semi-finals. Very miraculous indeed.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

This World Cup is miraculous...made Jarmo talks about football

You really are clueless....

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »

True. It seemed like there was no real tactic at all.. or maybe Germany just played so well that Argentina didn't have the chance to put their strategy into action. Germany might not be that great when it comes to individual talent and skill, but as usual they play wonderfully as a team and that's their biggest weapon once again. 

When you receive a goal at minute 3, and if you ever played football, you'll know all your tactics and strategy are knocked down. You need to start from zero a new strategy, and that's something very hard to do when you're playing with a team that gives you no chances at all. The critic I can do is Germany scored us in a VERY naive play, the basic german play.

But what do I know... I'm not South American.

You dont need to be southamerican to understand football. You just need to have a ball and play with it. If you never did that, well, its too late now. You will never understand football watching it only every four years and by just watching TV.

Its like if I were pretending I know a jack shit about american football just by watching one super bowl every 2 or 3 years being sat in my living room with a beer and some nachos. I dont understand it. I've never played it, i dont have the will, i dont ''feel'' it.

Trust me you'll never see me posting here ''go Dolphins, go''. I dont know, and I admit I dont know. By admiting it, the good thing is I dont look like an oportunistic clown in the NFL thread...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:51:56 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »

You just need to have a ball and play with it. If you never did that, well, its too late now. You will never understand football watching it only every four years and by just watching TV.

Why do you assume that's who I am?

Did you read it on the Internet?

How come you guys know so much about my past history with football when none of you know me?

I'd love to know all this.

Please tell me.

How do you feel about women talking about football? I mean, how can they know anything about it?

Have you ever seen them play football?

Yes I'm joking

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:56:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »

Common sense, Jarmo. The things you say and how you say the things, clearly show that you don't understand football that much or at least that football is not your first sport.

If you talk to me about, for example, Raikkonen, I will sit in front of you and listen and learn but in football...I think YOU have to sit and listen (in this case, read) and learn.

But it's just my opinion...

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #479 on: July 03, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »

Spain played horrible today, they are lucky they won, but Paraguay could have easily snatched it.

After seeing todays games, I can't help but think that Spain don't have a hope in hell against Germany. They are hungry, unforgiving and I feel this could be the germans year.

Spain to me look very basic, playing man for man and not creating any set pieces. Spain also look tired whilst Germany seem to be stepping up a gear every match, they're on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: