Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:37:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 163660 times)
spank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »

The german team is fucking amazing. I didn't expect this result, but I don't really care. Argentina is still one of the best teams in the whole fucking world. I hope the german goalkeeper Hans-J?rg Butt plays at least one match and someone in the crowd take a flag with the words "The phone is ringing and I cannot linger, so look out Butt, here comes my finger".
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »

Maradona until death.

It took some time for me to understand it, but today I realized that Maradona has to be the coach until the day of his death

I understand that he's a God in Argentina. But can he do no wrong?

Is it ok to point out the mistakes he made? Will anybody do it in Argentina?

Like, I've heard people say he didn't pick the right guys for the team. I just have to trust these people even though I don't know if they actually play football.... I didn't check their credentials!

So maybe they don't know anything either!

I think the problem you South Americans have is that you can't understand how somebody dares to have a different point of view. Especially somebody who doesn't have a team in the World Cup.

Personally, I don't believe in the bullshit that you have to be Brazilian to understand football. Or Argentinian.

Or that every Italian knows more about football than everybody in Sweden.

Argentina doesn't have anybody in Formula 1 today. Does it mean everybody there is clueless about it? Of course not. I bet I can find Argentinian F1 fans who know more about it than most Finnish F1 fans!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:45:25 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2010, 12:43:12 PM »

Bloody hell. Is that pic for real? Shocked

Well, after this match, Maradona will think twice next time before calling Muller a ball boy. Smiley

Fuck 'Em All.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »

Maradona is more than a coach, Jarmo. Try to understand.

Using GN'R analogies: is our Axl.

Oh boy, now I started to talk nonsense with that analogy. I have to leave the PC for a while...

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #444 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »

At least Brazil is out  Grin*

*So sad hihi
Yeah, but we weren't actually a favorite. Everyone expected what happened yesterday. What about your team, who just had a 0 x 4?

BTW, just a reminder for Ignacio:

Tristesa nao tem fin  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl
Really? hihi

Ok kaa(...), win ONE World Cup and then mock.

Oooooh, that's just mean, guys!!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Dunga left after getting a similar result. Well, they weren't outscored four to nothing.

/jarmo

Actually, Dunga left because he only had a 4 year contract with CBF. There's absolutely no way he would continue as the coach, not even if we won the Cup.

By the way, the best leagues are not in Argentina....

/jarmo

But almost every player in the Argentinian team plays in those best leagues. Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »

Maradona is more than a coach, Jarmo. Try to understand.

I think the matter isn't me not understanding. It's you not being able to understand:

I understand that he's a God in Argentina.

Maybe if you took a breath, read what I say and dropped your "I know more than you and your Finnish team sucks" attitude, you'd understand the words I post?

But almost every player in the Argentinian team plays in those best leagues. Wink

Really?

Shocked

By the way. Who invented the game? Surely those people must be the best and know the most!

Yes, I'm joking. Just using your logic....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:49:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2010, 12:50:25 PM »

Yes...but that's why some people of Argentina are unable to mark him mistakes and stuff. Because Maradona is more than a coacho-who-can-make-mistakes-sometime.

If you understand that for us is like God then don't try to say that he isn't (at least to us, the argentinean)

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

As for the game.. WHAT A GAME!

What scares me the most is that, in 2014, the Germany team will be this one again, with little changes. They're all really young players. And there's no way Germany can win a World Cup in Brazil!!!! It's ok for Uruguay, but not for them. hihi

I'm almost 100% positive that Klose will manage to beat Ronaldo's record.

By the way, Rapidshare is giving out free premium accounts to celebrate Germany's victory! Quick, go grab yours! Cheesy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2010, 12:53:20 PM »

Maradona did a good job this world cup. He put the best players of our nation, he set a very offensive team, he made his team play with the ball on the grass, and he was one of the few coaches who had the balls of putting three strikers and 2 offensive midfielders. Argentina has a problem in the defense, and that's a very old problem. SOme of you need to remember that Maradona started coaching Argentina in the last quarter of the qualifyings, and he put all his efforts in rebuilding the defense, with a completely different scheme (4 stoppers).

There's nothing rare or strange here. Maradona did his job well, but Argentina lost anyway because Germany was a better team. That's it. Dunga did his job also (even though he has been criticized for not bringing Roni Gaucho and Adriano, among others) and Brazil is flying home. I love the way brazil plays with Dunga, I love the way they use the sides with Maicon, for example, and they were eliminated.

Germany has *that* thing needed to win world cups: they play good in crucial moments. That has nothing to do with individual coaches, and that's something you canr practice at trainings. That is something you got in your blood, something impossible to explain to casual fans who choose who to cheer for after the game is over and the result is set on stone.

I really congratulate german people here. Your national team was something incredible. Germany destroyed England without offering too much, and now destroyed Argentina offering it all. You guys will have no problems against Spain/Paraguay.

This is football ladies and gentlemen, where impossible can happen. Messi and Kaka, probably the two best players in the world, ended the WC without scoaring. Ronaldo did nothing. The champion was eliminated in first round, same for the last runner up. Time to move on. Football continues in real football fans lives, and if there is something beatiful about football is you always have revenge. Next world cup will be in brazil, and I'll be there to cheer my own nation  beer

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »

What scares me the most is that, in 2014, the Germany team will be this one again, with little changes. They're all really young players. And there's no way Germany can win a World Cup in Brazil!!!! It's ok for Uruguay, but not for them. hihi

By the way, Rapidshare is giving out free premium accounts to celebrate Germany's victory! Quick, go grab yours! Cheesy

imagine this, germany wins this years WC and 2014 in brazil and ties it with 5 golds in brazil, holy shit hihi

rapidshare account(s) created, thanks ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #450 on: July 03, 2010, 01:02:02 PM »

Yes...but that's why some people of Argentina are unable to mark him mistakes and stuff. Because Maradona is more than a coacho-who-can-make-mistakes-sometime.

If you understand that for us is like God then don't try to say that he isn't (at least to us, the argentinean)

Jesus. You really don't understand.

But is it ok to have an opinion which criticizes him?

What if you have a favorite player who you think should've made the squad and didn't? Are you allowed to say so?

Or do you just agree with God?

I'm only asking because I think it's quite interesting how there's like a cult thing going on there.

We obviously don't have that here. Here the media criticizes the coaches all the time.

Even in Brazil, Dunga got a lot of shit from the media.....

Obviously there's some "Gods" that, when they speak, people listen. Like Cruyff in Holland.

Maradona did a good job this world cup. He put the best players of our nation

Some people missed Zanetti in the squad....

I mean, journalists that are not Argentinian.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:04:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #451 on: July 03, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

imagine this, germany wins this years WC and 2014 in brazil and ties it with 5 golds in brazil, holy shit hihi

rapidshare account(s) created, thanks ok

You think I haven't imagined it yet? hihi Just the thought of it scares me as hell! lol!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #452 on: July 03, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »

All of you people who were ripping England a new arse because we got owned by Germany, want to look closer to home. Argentina looked desperate and lost today, no control whatsoever.

England scored 2 goals against Germany, and who knows what it would have been if our second goal was "recognised".

I have no sympathy for Maradona, as I'm English, forgive me. hihi

But well done to Germany, you are unbeatable at the moment. This is how it felt for us last Sunday, but for all of those who were gloating, at least we scored 2 goals against Germany unlike Argentina.  Cheesy
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

All of you people who were ripping England a new arse because we got owned by Germany, want to look closer to home. Argentina looked desperate and lost today, no control whatsoever.

England scored 2 goals against Germany, and who knows what it would have been if our second goal was "recognised".

But well done to Germany, you are unbeatable at the moment. This is how it felt for us last Sunday, but for all of those who were gloating, at least we scored 2 goals against Germany unlike Argentina.  Cheesy

At least we won 2 world cup unlike England (the creator of this game) who won one and because it was at the "queen's land"  nervous hihi

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

At least we won 2 world cup unlike England (the creator of this game) who won one and because it was at the "queen's land"  nervous hihi
when argentina wins it's only about what happens on the pitch right now and you say history don't win anything and when you lose you bring up history, lol

I'm only asking because I think it's quite interesting how there's like a cult thing going on there.

it happens right at this place as well, just look at who's the god on this site..
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »

Ok kaa(...), win ONE World Cup and then mock.

However, I understand why you have to support Germany. Your team in football is null.

I won supporting MY country and today, I lose supporting MY country.

You're just pathetic. And hey, even though we suck at football, I'm still standing in Pohjoiskaarre at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium chanting and singing my lungs out for our national team.. year after year and dissapointment after dissapointment.

So I too have won supporting my country.. many times I have lost supporting my country. But still I'm there, standing behind the team, marching towards the Olympic Stadium, singing about the next world cup/european championship, giving my all.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #456 on: July 03, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »

Nah CheapJon...i'm just very mad hihi

But your second answer to the second quote...BRAVO. That was I've tried to say. And I wanna to point that I SEE GUNS N' ROSES AS THIS SITE DOES, but someone understood my analogy.

Although, bravo to Jarmo discussing with me (when I am mad) too. For less, people get kicked from this site hihi
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:23:16 PM by Ulises » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #457 on: July 03, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »

it happens right at this place as well, just look at who's the god on this site..

Nice try.

Different situation.  ok

/jarmo

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »

Anyway...Germany must win this World Cup.

They are a machine.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »

Damn! Look at all the heat in the Football thread! hahahaha!

If u ain't cheating, u ain't trying. U do whatever to win the game imo. especially when its only every 4 years.

I saw the penalty kicks with Ghana and Uruguay and what the hell were Ghana doing? It seemed they got too cute and finesse when they should've just kicked the damn thing hard.

I know absolutely nothing about this stuff though, so feel free to call me out on it! hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: