Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:25:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 163566 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: July 03, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »

Jarmo...let's just pretend you play football (reading you it's clearly that you don't), your team is in a World Cup, it's the LAST minute, you're persuing to qualify to semifinals, you know your team are going to lose...what you would do in that situation? And no hypocrisy, please.

I said I understand the desperation, I understood why he did it.

It still doesn't mean I can't lose respect for somebody doing that! It doesn't mean I have to think it's fair!

Did you ignore the quote about fair play from FIFA?

And no, all you South Americans, I don't have to play football to understand it.

Your lame attempts at trying to prove that I know nothing about football are amusing.

I never claimed to be an expert, but I don't consider myself clueless like some of you try to make me out to be.

Just because I'm not prepared to hate a person because he's not supporting the same team as I support doesn't make me clueless....

Since all of you know so much about football, are you all expert commentators on TV or coaching the national teams?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:43:35 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #401 on: July 03, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »

christian vieri didn't do it in euro 2004 against sweden hihi

how tiresome is this shit, really!

it's argentina - germany in less than 17 minutes ffs!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »

Good article.  I think this line says it all:

"'I thought we were out,' said Forlan of the moment when Gyan prepared to take his penalty."  Can anyone honestly say they really expected Ghana to lose at that point?  I certainly didn't.  They had gone from a 100% chance to win to an overwhelming chance to win and failed to do so.

And, as often as players flop in the box or within striking distance, the sole purpose of which is to get a penalty kick or a free kick which will offer a decent chance to score, it's hard to argue (for me at least...) that one play that is called absolutely correctly is as bad as it's being made out.  There are so many efforts to game the rules, because so many are open to interpretation.  

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #403 on: July 03, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »

You know nothing about football, Swede!  Tongue

I should lock this thread and only allow the South Americans to post....

We can also forget the Formula 1 thread since none of us actually drive F1 cars...

hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:49:01 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »

it's argentina - germany in less than 17 minutes ffs!

Shit...I've forgotten to warm up my embouchure.  Now my vuvuzela playing will be off key.  Sounds like an ox, and I was shooting for flock of angry hummingbirds.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »

I guess that's what going on in this threat here Wink Doesn't take away that I have no respect at all for those parts of the world, concerning this matter.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #406 on: July 03, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »

Well...my team against Germany.

It would be hard but we are Argentina.

See ya in two hours...

sandman
Legend

« Reply #407 on: July 03, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »

uraguay won fairly. there was no cheating. the ball actually would have hit his face if he didn't use his hands. but regardless, you stop that ball ANY WAY possible at that moment. you are fighting for your team's life in the tournament.

Ghana was correctly awarded a PK, which they should have buried and ended right then and there. they didn't. so they lost in a truly gut-wrenching way. but they did not lose unfairly. and i don't think anyone on Ghana would suggest that they did.

i think a good comparison is hockey when a guy has the puck with an open net. defensive players will crosscheck or even tackle the guy to prevent him from scoring. because taking 2 minutes in the box is better than giving up the guaranteed goal.

and every coach in the world will tell you to use your hands if faced in that same situation as Uraguay. because a PK is better than a guaranteed goal against. at least you have a chance with a PK. and it worked out for them.

i cannot believe this is even being discussed.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #408 on: July 03, 2010, 10:54:26 AM »

1-0 for Germany after the first 45min beer Germany is a bit lazy at some points, but when they start playing it's just so organized and beautiful. Gotta love it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #409 on: July 03, 2010, 11:04:49 AM »

Seriously, Jarmo. How many football matches do you watch a week? How hard do you cheer for your country during the World Cup? How often do you and your friends go out for a little football? How many discussions about it do you have with your friends, in person? How many times do you go to the stadium in a whole year?

I don't need to go to a stadium to know about the game do I?

I don't need to cheer for my country, who's never been the world cup, do know about the game do I?

I've only been watching the game since before you were born, but I guess you can teach me all about it since you go to the stadium more often than me!

I normally hate the idea of bringing age (or gender) into the discussion because it shouldn't be an issue, but the things I've just read from you and earlier from some others is just disrespectful.

You obviously think the rest of us are clueless morons and you're the authority on football.

Please Mandy, why do they call it football? Can you explain it to me since I have no idea.

Sure you must know all this because somebody probably told you at the stadium!

Not saying it because I go to the stadium. Not saying it because you live in Sweden and I live in Brazil (for that, we have Jon, who also lives in Sweden and seems to understand more than many South Americans or Europeans with a big football tradition).
Those were arguments to try to show you that, for many of us posting in this thread, football isn't just a sport. It's the sport. And, in my case, the only one that matters. It's not something I'll watch every four years, it's something that's present in my everyday life, in the discussions I have with my friends and all that kind of thing.

I'm saying all of this because, almost everyone who sees the sport like that, doesn't like seeing it being simplified to: these are the rules, deal with it, there's only right or wrong. While I understand this may apply to most sports, it's not like that when it comes to football. As I said previously, there are lots of things to take into account here, which is why I think Su?rez wasn't wrong at all.

Anyway, I guess now this discussion is really done for me. Not replying to anything in this sense anymore, I've shown my point, I guess.

Back to watching the Germany x Argentina game now.  beer
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #410 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »

0-3 Grin Germany deserves it all!

Edit. 0-4 ok
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:46:16 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »

Wow...amazing Germany.

I guess kaasupoltin is happy because southamerican fuckfaces was eliminated.

Lession of basic football to Jarmo: "In football wins the team who score more. Not with merits".

At least Brazil is out  Grin*

*So sad hihi
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:24:26 PM by Ulises » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:47 AM »

Wow, Argentina got owned by Germany.

England still managed to get 2 goals against Germany (4-2, inc goal over line), so I guess we aren't as bad as I thought. It's just that Germany are on fire at the moment.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »

I guess kaasupoltin is happy because southamerican fuckfaces was eliminated.

I'm happy 'cause I'm a big fan of the German football Smiley

BEEP.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »

Where are you from kaa?

I guess Lineker was right: "Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins."

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »

i cannot believe this is even being discussed.

It's not a matter of if it's by the rules or not because everything was done by the rule book. You break the rules, you get penalized. That's how it works.

But the thing some of us don't like is when fouls basically decide a game.... They key is the term fair play.

Not saying it because I go to the stadium. Not saying it because you live in Sweden and I live in Brazil (for that, we have Jon, who also lives in Sweden and seems to understand more than many South Americans or Europeans with a big football tradition).
Those were arguments to try to show you that, for many of us posting in this thread, football isn't just a sport. It's the sport. And, in my case, the only one that matters. It's not something I'll watch every four years, it's something that's present in my everyday life, in the discussions I have with my friends and all that kind of thing.

I'm saying all of this because, almost everyone who sees the sport like that, doesn't like seeing it being simplified to: these are the rules, deal with it, there's only right or wrong. While I understand this may apply to most sports, it's not like that when it comes to football. As I said previously, there are lots of things to take into account here, which is why I think Su?rez wasn't wrong at all.

Anyway, I guess now this discussion is really done for me. Not replying to anything in this sense anymore, I've shown my point, I guess.

I don't care if you discuss it with your pets.

The fact that you and others try to discredit my opinion is amusing.

Some of you are obviously Uruguay supporters because they're your neighboring country. I get that too.

Just because I prefer a fair game where one doesn't need to break the rules to win the game....

Like when Germany just crushed Argentina by 4-0!

Lession of basic football to Jarmo: "In football wins the team who score more. Not with merits".

I think you just witnessed a lesson on TV.

/jarmo

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2010, 11:56:21 AM »

Humiliated, destroyed, shamed and sent home. What a disappointment for Argentina. Germany have torn them a new one. The final goal was just excellent. Looks like South Americans were overrated. Uruguay dubiously scrape through, Brazil and Argentina knocked out and Paraguay are sure to have an very difficult match against Spain.

Germany Vs. Holland final?

Fuck 'Em All.
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »

4X0 no excuses...
Bye Argentina...  rofl

Go Paraguai!

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2010, 12:00:26 PM »

Yes, I witnessed the lession, Jarmo. I'm a man, I won't cry saying that Germany victory was unfair because Argentina deserved to score most of the first and second time. That's why I'm telling you: goals, not merits.

I could try to explain you the definition of "counter-attack" but...neh...is useless.
And I could ask you if you think Germany played to score four goals but...neh...again...useless.

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #419 on: July 03, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »

Where are you from kaa?

Finland.

Germany Vs. Holland final?

That's what I said before the tournament started.. I can see it happening, Germany has been amazing and Holland has every chance in winning Uruguay. Would be a great ending for the tournament in my opinion Smiley

BEEP.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: