Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:52:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 163936 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #560 on: July 05, 2010, 08:58:36 PM »

Well yeah, I must admit I'm looking forward to Uraguay being knocked out tomorrow by Holland.  hihi

I wouldn't assume anything.  By all measures, Uruguay shouldn't be alive at this point...and yet they are.  If it were all played on paper, Brazil would win every time.

I'm not denying their skill, I'm just excited at the prospect of them being knocked out after all that's transpired. But I must admit that I thought Brazil outplayed Holland in every department, and Holland won by 2 stupid errors by the Brazillians. So I think this match is much more even skillwise, than Hollands last match.

But I still want Holland to beat them, as I have lost respect for Uraguay and I'm also I'm looking forward to a Holland - Germany final.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #561 on: July 05, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »

have no idea why it's still discussed though, let's just move on and focus on the semifinals shall we?

No !! Find your pedestrian shit at other message boards; it's talked about because it's fascinating you bloody tool!

Sorry Cheap, but that was one post too many saying exactly the same thing. I mean, really now... Is your ideal thread along the lines of

Good play from Germany today.  Smiley They really deserved it!

Holland really didn't deserve to win that game...

.... Zzzzzzzzzz. I visit forums little enough as it is right now. Add that to the mix and count me out of the equation for good.

(Quiet you!)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
eduardo'GNR
Opening Act

« Reply #562 on: July 05, 2010, 11:56:57 PM »

Ok, heres the "foul" that led to the free kick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcQkwxEGRYc

It's so unexistent that my eyes are hurting. I wonder how much $$ referee got paid from Ghana  Grin

Bad luck though.

You can go way back with this "but it wouldn't have happened if that wouldn't have happened first".. referee mistakes are part of the game so I think your argument/defence is pretty naive.

Suarez handball vs Black guy intentional dive

Look at it as a punishment of God  peace

------------------------

Tomorrow will win the best. Good luck for both teams.  ok
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:19:30 AM by eduardo_gnr » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #563 on: July 06, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »

Now I know nothing about soccer, well I actually play FIFA 09 or so when a friend has it so I'm not too out of the loop.

But I think that most people in that situation as Suarez, they would have done the same thing.

Just want to add, I was glad when the US lost just because I was sick of all the fake soccer fans posting messages on their facebooks, talking at work, when they never...EVER...care about soccer any other time. Very similar to how everyone in the US was so into hockey during the Olympics...

nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #564 on: July 06, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »

i think Holland is so overrated, i wouldnt be surprised if they lose tomorrow.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #565 on: July 06, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »

i think Holland is so overrated, i wouldnt be surprised if they lose tomorrow.

My German friend said it well: Holland plays like Germany used to play.. they suck but win all the games.

But that's what really matters, and I don't care if their game isn't that beautiful when they win every single game. At least I can say that they got to the top four without blocking 100% sure goals with their hands. But it's going to be an interesting game tonight, I think Uruguay might have the "better attitude" at the beginning 'cause everyone's kinda surprised they got this far and the team has to be really hungry for more. But that can be their downfall too, especially if Holland manages to score 1-0 quickly. I believe that Holland wins and goes to the final, they're more experienced and it already was proven against Brazil when they came from pretty early scored 0-1 situation to 2-1 victory.

But we'll see! Very exciting game ahead of us, so good luck to you Uruguayans! beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #566 on: July 06, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »

have no idea why it's still discussed though, let's just move on and focus on the semifinals shall we?

No !! Find your pedestrian shit at other message boards; it's talked about because it's fascinating you bloody tool!

Sorry Cheap, but that was one post too many saying exactly the same thing. I mean, really now... Is your ideal thread along the lines of

Good play from Germany today.  Smiley They really deserved it!

Holland really didn't deserve to win that game...

.... Zzzzzzzzzz. I visit forums little enough as it is right now. Add that to the mix and count me out of the equation for good.

(Quiet you!)

your act is boring. i ignore you most of the time so if the shit about me annoys you i advice you to do the same, stop being obsessed about me, it's weird and we're not friends, mkay

there's nothing fascinating about it, only thing close to fascinating would be the fact that people at this place can't let go of it

"my opinion matters more because i'm sudamerican and i breathe football, he's a hero"

"no he's a cheater and should be banned from the tournament, that shite doesn't belong on the pitch i can have my opinion even though i'm finnish and there's more important stuff in life for me"

"goodday ya'll, i'm american i admit that i don't know anythin 'bout no "soccer", but that was some fast thinking crap, he's a genius"

"evening gentlemen, as an englishman i must say that england was far better than argentina, we managed to score two goals against the mighty counter attacking germany and if that second goal would've gotten recognized, who knows maybe we'd be talking about england - spain right now"

all of those^posts are too many saying exactly the same thing!

i don't want that pedestrian shit. but if that's what will make you leave this place then i sure hope that's the future of this thread, personally i don't want to come to the thread and see there's 2 new pages of discussion only to find out when i read through them it's still about suarez, the cup is discussed on other boards and this is the only place that can not get over that heroic cheating act or that england was lousy and lost again, it's dead horse in htgth tertms

this place thinks people should move on and let the past be the past when it comes to gnr, no matter how fascinating the past was, i'd think the same would apply in this thread but no, it's the opposite here

now, let me watch oprah
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #567 on: July 06, 2010, 08:15:31 AM »

German 'psychic' octopus predicts victory for Spain

A "psychic" octopus in Germany, which appears to have correctly predicted every World Cup game involving the national team so far, has picked Spain over Germany in the semi-final.

Paul, from the Sea Life Aquarium in the western city of Oberhausen, chose a mussel from a jar with the Spanish flag instead of one with a German flag.

The two-year-old cephalopod has become a national celebrity.

According to his owners, he has a record of predicting German results.

They say Paul chose the winner in nearly 70% of Germany's games during the 2008 European Championship.

He correctly predicted all five of the team's previous World Cup games - including a shock defeat by Serbia in the group stages.

His prognosis ahead of Wednesday's World Cup semi-final was broadcast live on German TV.

Correspondents says Paul's plumping for Spain has caused alarm in the country, but some analysts point out that his predictive powers are not perfect.

During Euro 2008 he wrongly picked Germany as the victor again Spain.

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #568 on: July 06, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »

this place thinks people should move on and let the past be the past when it comes to gnr, no matter how fascinating the past was, i'd think the same would apply in this thread but no, it's the opposite here

You. Are. Mental.

... The past? It was this past weekend you freakin' tool !!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #569 on: July 06, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

You. Are. Mental.

and it's already been discussed to death
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #570 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:47 AM »

You. Are. Mental.

In all fairness CheapJon, this thread is to discuss the World Cup. You can't pick and choose what you feel is appropriate for people to discuss.

The World Cup comes but once every 4 years, so a few people on this board are interested in talking and sharing views on this subject. If you don't like the discussion, why come into the thread. It's the same thing I have been saying in the Robin thread, where Slash fans come in to just bash.

No one is forcing you to read the thread, let it be. This is a World Cup discussion thread, and people will discuss.  Wink
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #571 on: July 06, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »

You. Are. Mental.

In all fairness CheapJon, this thread is to discuss the World Cup. You can't pick and choose what you feel is appropriate for people to discuss.

The World Cup comes but once every 4 years, so a few people on this board are interested in talking and sharing views on this subject. If you don't like the discussion, why come into the thread. It's the same thing I have been saying in the Robin thread, where Slash fans come in to just bash.

No one is forcing you to read the thread, let it be. This is a World Cup discussion thread, and people will discuss.  Wink
cool story bro
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #572 on: July 06, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

Anyways...

I'm already sad that we won't have any more matches after July 11th. I love the World Cup and as I've been spending a lot of time at home, it really gave me something to look foward to.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #573 on: July 06, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »

Anyways...

I'm already sad that we won't have any more matches after July 11th. I love the World Cup and as I've been spending a lot of time at home, it really gave me something to look foward to.
yeah man i know, and last week when there was a 2 day break between the round of 16 and quarterfinals was hell hihi
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #574 on: July 06, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »

Are we believing in an octopus?

Geez...

Anyway...I would like to see Holland - Germany in finals.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #575 on: July 06, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »

Geez...

Maybe the octopus knows more about football than you.

We don't know what makes the octopus an "expert", neither do we know what makes you one.

So it looks like both of your opinions are worth equally as much!

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2010, 01:40:45 PM »

Hey, he's not just any octopus, he's Paul the Psychic Octopus!

Fuck 'Em All.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »

Well the Octopus wrongly predicted that Germany would win Spain in Euro 08. So he is playing it safe by predicting that Germany will lose again, but I think the poor creature will come unstuck.

What worries me more is how do you discover that an Octopus is psychic?. Someone had to start asking it questions in the first place, abit odd.  hihi

Looking forward to Holland - Uraguay.  ok
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:30:48 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »

Geez...

Maybe the octopus knows more about football than you.

We don't know what makes the octopus an "expert", neither do we know what makes you one.

So it looks like both of your opinions are worth equally as much!

Cheesy

/jarmo

Oh Jarmo...there's a lot of things that makes me an expert, for example: I've collected 94, 98 and 2002 cards!!  ok .

Incredible Gio! (Gio for Giovanni...Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Jarmo hihi )
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 02:51:50 PM by Ulises » Logged

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Now that's how you're supposed to shoot! Shocked

Go Holland!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: