Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 05:30:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 152998 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #320 on: July 01, 2010, 08:00:42 AM »

in instances where the "right" call is somewhat subjective and could be up for debate, there should be no replay. the NFL has used replay extensively, and overall it's been a success. but they have never allowed pass interference calls to be reviewed, because there is alot of subjectiveness in making that call. offsides is more black and white, but there are so many instances of questionable offsides calls, that would be overkill. and it would drastically slow the game down.

i believe FIFA should follow the NHL's example. replays for goals only, handled immediately by someone sitting in front of a replay screen. it should take less than a minute to review and unlike hockey, the game should be stopped immediately if it is determined a goal was scored (but ruled no goal on the field).   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:42 AM »

in instances where the "right" call is somewhat subjective and could be up for debate, there should be no replay. the NFL has used replay extensively, and overall it's been a success. but they have never allowed pass interference calls to be reviewed, because there is alot of subjectiveness in making that call. offsides is more black and white, but there are so many instances of questionable offsides calls, that would be overkill. and it would drastically slow the game down.

i believe FIFA should follow the NHL's example. replays for goals only, handled immediately by someone sitting in front of a replay screen. it should take less than a minute to review and unlike hockey, the game should be stopped immediately if it is determined a goal was scored (but ruled no goal on the field).   

That seems right to me.  The key thing will be to avoid disrupting the flow of the game. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »

i hope tomorrows games are better than the standard so far, this has to be one of the worst world cups ever, and certainly the worst i've ever seen.

True. Nothing to remember this tournament by, except France and Italy going home after the group stage and the referee mistakes. I hope these last rounds are going to offer something great to all of us.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

Two whole days without games suck!! Sad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »

I agree, I will be glued to my tv to watch Brazil beat the Netherlands.  Grin
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2010, 08:52:27 PM »

Yes, but HOW AWESOME are the matches that are coming! Brazil - Netherlands, Argentina - Germany, Paraguay - Spain! peace

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »

They just played Welcome to The Jungle on the news while speaking about Brazil x Holland. hihi
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2010, 04:28:23 AM »

Blah, I'm going to miss the second half of Brazil-Holland as I have my own match at the same time.

Go Oranje beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »

... 2-1? Come on boys !!

Oh!, why did Murrary/Nadal have to clash with Holland/Brazil...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2010, 11:37:39 AM »

... Yeah, the tennis went off a little while ago. I'm not missing this for the world!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »

Bye Brazil  peace  Grin

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:35 AM »

Holy shit....

Brazil was the better team, but Holland scored more goals!

No matter how big favorite you are, you need to score more goals than the opponent.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »

Today was a good example of how the better team by miles can still lose a game.

I thought Brazil outplayed Holland in every part of the game, even defensively. Brazil scored straight off the bat then had a goal disallowed. And then a few twist of fates, where the Brazilians had bad luck which cost them dearly.

I still can't believe they are out, as I still feel they are the best team in this tournament. I think even Holland are not sure how they won that one, they were clearly the worse team.

Thank you Brazil for the amazing football you have shown in this tournament, you're still the best.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2010, 12:08:45 PM »

Holy shit....

Brazil was the better team, but Holland scored more goals!

No matter how big favorite you are, you need to score more goals than the opponent.

/jarmo

Bullshit. They were better for the first twenty minutes. after that it was a tie with brazil having the upperhand. The second half brazil was nowhere. As professional they were in the first 20 minutes they were extremely childish the second half. And that's a fact. Crying like babies. Not knowing what to do and kick with the purpose of causing in injury. Makes you look like a fool. Also they've played brazil 4 times during a world champion of wich they won twice and lost twice. So this is not a historical day. It's exactly what I expected Wink

Fuck all the pessimistic people. Especially the unrealistic pessimistic dutch people.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:18:43 PM by svdv22 » Logged

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2010, 12:12:10 PM »

What a shocker. Brazil threw away that game. Both goals were defensive mistakes, Holland just had to keep the pressure on.

Fuck 'Em All.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »

What a shocker. Brazil threw away that game. Both goals were defensive mistakes, Holland just had to keep the pressure on.

The second wasn't. If you count that as a defensive mistake. Which goal isn't?

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »

The second wasn't. If you count that as a defensive mistake. Which goal isn't?

It was hardly gotten through some clever play. It was a free header, with the Brazilian defense just watching Sneijder head the ball in. Holland recovered from their first mistake while Brazil didn't.
You have to feel sorry for Felipe Melo. Set up the first goal, conceded the second and got himself sent off.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2010, 12:40:50 PM »

You have to feel sorry for Felipe Melo. Set up the first goal, conceded the second and got himself sent off.

fuck no, feeling sorry for someone doing shit like that?

I feel a bit sorry for maicon, lucio and others but not melo, no way.. he's even to blame
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »

fuck no, feeling sorry for someone doing shit like that?

I feel a bit sorry for maicon, lucio and others but not melo, no way.. he's even to blame

I meant for the situation he's put himself in. It was a stupid mistake, but I don't think it was done with any malice. If you look at the replay, he's so focused on getting the ball, he doesn't even realize Robben's leg is in the way. The second goal was more of the goalkeeper's fault than anything else.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »

Tristesa nao tem fin  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

Holland played better in the second half an Brazil lost control. A deserved defeat...  hihi

Go Argentina tomorrooooow!!!  beer

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: