Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 152551 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #280 on: June 29, 2010, 12:51:59 PM »

First penalty shoot out of the tournament. Poor Komano. Japan played well, but somebody had to lose.

Fuck 'Em All.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #281 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »

I feel bad for anyone who misses at a penalty shootout, and costs their country progress into the next round. It must feel like you've let everyone down, but a game needs to be decided one way or another.

Japan played well though, and so did Paraguay.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: June 29, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »

That game was pretty boring....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #283 on: June 29, 2010, 01:38:54 PM »

I feel bad for anyone who misses at a penalty shootout, and costs their country progress into the next round. It must feel like you've let everyone down, but a game needs to be decided one way or another.

Japan played well though, and so did Paraguay.

In lots of sports, I'm all for "sudden death"...you play til someone scores.

Not so in football/soccer.....those guys looked dead on their feet at the end of play.  I couldn't imagine trying to kick after having played that long.  My legs would be rubber.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »

So long for Asian teams! Not bad for South America, 4 out of 8! ok
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »

South America going pretty strong in this tournament, we'll see what happens in the next round. So far Spain-Portugal has been pretty interesting as both teams have had their chances and it's pretty hard to say who's closer to win. I hope it's Spain though..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #286 on: June 29, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »

One disgusting team had to win today and I'm glad it was Spain.. my bet is still going strong Tongue The red card was totally stupid, I mean.. c'mon.. Spanish don't need to fake that bad, they're good enough to win without it. Many say that the goal was an offside as it looked like one, but it wasn't. Tthe lack of replays didn't really help stopping the speculation though.

Last four teams standing will be Ghana, Germany, Holland and Spain. No room for the South American ones hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #287 on: June 29, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »

Last four teams standing will be Ghana, Germany, Holland and Spain. No room for the South American ones hihi

That reeks of wishful thinking.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #288 on: June 29, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »

Yeah, what was with the lack of replays, both of the goal ('offside') and the sending off...

... A FIFA directive on controversial decisions?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #289 on: June 29, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »

One disgusting team had to win today and I'm glad it was Spain.. my bet is still going strong Tongue The red card was totally stupid, I mean.. c'mon.. Spanish don't need to fake that bad, they're good enough to win without it. Many say that the goal was an offside as it looked like one, but it wasn't. Tthe lack of replays didn't really help stopping the speculation though.

We'll see about that. hihi

For me, the last four standing will be Uruguay, Germany, Brazil and Spain.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »

Spain and Portugal fall over and cheat too much. Portugal are worse, but it would be a travesty if Spain won.

Brazil have done well to date. I'd like to see the Netherlands go through, but I cannot see it happening.

I think Germany/Argentina will be a high scoring game. Both teams have mediocre defences.

Ghana should also be in the semi finals.
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »

Next friday the dutch will kick some brazilian ass Wink

Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »

Somehow I very much doubt that... we shall see Cool
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »

I'm confident Brazil will go all the way, I don't see anyone who can challenge them on their all round play. I'm also happy that I have found Luis Fabiano during this World Cup, he is just amazing on the ball. He is also good with his hands too hihi.

But joking aside, I feel Brazil will be very hard to beat in this tournament.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »

Yeah, what was with the lack of replays, both of the goal ('offside') and the sending off...

... A FIFA directive on controversial decisions?

Obviously...

I don't think they want to be reminded of how faulty their system really is.

Which apparently is just how it should be according to those who like to remember the games by the mistakes made by the referees instead of the actual game....

Another game that was decided by a very suspicious call.

Spain was the better team though.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »

[...] but it would be a travesty if Spain won.

I...

And the award for The Most Unique Opinion (in the world?) of the Week is awarded to...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »

Which apparently is just how it should be according to those who like to remember the games by the mistakes made by the referees instead of the actual game....

I just couldn't bear to get involved after that point was made. It scrambles my mind.

I still haven't actually seen a replay of the goal from a vantage in line with the last defender. Not even post-match!

It is a good thing for football in general that Spain went though (and also for my work sweepstake Wink).

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2010, 07:10:17 PM »

I saw a still image of the moment the pass was given and it wasn't an offside.

Who want's to remember the games by the mistakes? Those who don't wan't every single offside or faking to be checked from the screen? I think there was no mistakes made by the referees in this game. Only the red card seemed a bit stupid as there was no good replay of the possible hit.

Do you think that the goal should have been checked from the video? What if the lineman would have flagged it before the goal was made and Spanish players start protesting 'cause it would have been a great scoring chance for them.. would the refs have to check the offside from the screen then too? What would happen if they decide that it wasn't an offside?

If they are going to check the possible offsides that lead to a goal, they have to check flagged offsides too. That's the only fair way I see it, but it would change the game dramatically and slow it down. So I don't see any reason to start using videos in offside situations.

As for faking, it happens. Shit happens. It's not always fair, but if you look back like 10 years the difference is huge. It has been cut down pretty much and the refs should keep the cards coming for those who can't stand on their feet. I came across this article that had a nice point on this matter.. as every game is checked afterwards by the officials, they could give some penalty after the game for the real bad fakers. Like a fine or something.. that would cut the faking down even more as there's the fear of getting caught. We've seen some really stupid faking in this tournament and I can't believe they're getting away with it.

BEEP.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2010, 08:20:25 PM »

I saw a still image of the moment the pass was given and it wasn't an offside.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »

Who want's to remember the games by the mistakes? Those who don't wan't every single offside or faking to be checked from the screen?

I think there was a discussion earlier about how some people love discussing the wrong calls and remember them years afterward. Which I thought was ridiculous.

Do you think that the goal should have been checked from the video? What if the lineman would have flagged it before the goal was made and Spanish players start protesting 'cause it would have been a great scoring chance for them.. would the refs have to check the offside from the screen then too? What would happen if they decide that it wasn't an offside?

There's no video to check from...

If FIFA decides to try out some kind of video system, they should go for it.

I'm more concerned about goals not being allowed when they should.

Offside calls are another matter all together.

As for faking, it happens. Shit happens. It's not always fair, but if you look back like 10 years the difference is huge. It has been cut down pretty much and the refs should keep the cards coming for those who can't stand on their feet. I came across this article that had a nice point on this matter.. as every game is checked afterwards by the officials, they could give some penalty after the game for the real bad fakers. Like a fine or something.. that would cut the faking down even more as there's the fear of getting caught. We've seen some really stupid faking in this tournament and I can't believe they're getting away with it.

If they can overturn penalties after the game, I don't see why they can't do something about the diving.

Maybe if players knew that they can get punished after the game, they might be more careful....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: