Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 152148 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2010, 04:19:36 PM »

Same thing happened with Messi against Nigeria.

Ok...let's see next saturday.

This was cool

hihi
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 04:39:45 PM by Ulises » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

Go Carlitos go!  beer

Argentina, playing without Messi, goes to quarterfinals.

Next saturday is Messi's last chance to proove he has what its needed to be the best football player in history.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »

The World Cup has become a farce.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »

Ugh sad to see England get screwed like that on that goal.  I'm from the States and supported our team, but England was my secondary and they were finally coming alive against an insanely intense German team.  That definitely adds to the stress of continued play and it would have been nice to see both sides come out at the half with everything at 2.  Eh, this whole WC has been marred by bad officiating, more excessively this year it seems.

Regardless, Germany and Argentina will be one for the ages...can't wait for that one.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »

Referee errors are a part of football. People who really love football will always prefer arbitral errors rather than having football converted into fucking NFL where tv's, computers and all kind of cold and heartless things decide what it is and what it is not regarding crucial game situations.

Argentina was robbed by a mexican referee in 1990 world cup final in the 85th minute. That referee ended working for FIFA. We moved on.

And in the end, Argentina and Germany played a lot better than Mexico and England and they deserve to be in quartefinals. Argentina and Germany will play next saturday what it could actually be a world cup final.  beer

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

I don't see how it's so difficult to be allowed to look up at the screen for a second to see if a crucial goal was over the line or not. Surely it's common sense, it seems alien not to use it.

And yes it was a crucial goal, and I believe had it of gone into the second half 2 a piece, we had a good chance of clinching it.

Yes Germany was the better team in the second half and ran rings past us. But at the end of the second half I would say we was about equal, and just as Lampard scored that second goal, we was on fire.

Had that poor excuse for a linesman did his job and saw it was a goal, the second half may not have been so one sided.

It just gets me angry, especially since it wasn't even unclear whether it was over or not, it was over the line by miles.  rant
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »

Referee errors are a part of football. People who really love football will always prefer arbitral errors rather than having football converted into fucking NFL where tv's, computers and all kind of cold and heartless things decide what it is and what it is not regarding crucial game situations.

I second everything Esteban said.

Sure that, when it happens to our team, we'll get pissed off, we'll curse FIFA, the referees and whoever else. But in the end, it's football, that's how it is and how it has been since forever. It's part of the game.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »

Sure that, when it happens to our team, we'll get pissed off, we'll curse FIFA, the referees and whoever else. But in the end, it's football, that's how it is and how it has been since forever. It's part of the game.

The game has changed whether you like it or not.

I don't think the people who wrote the rules could've imagined a game that is like what we have today.

Are you saying the game isn't faster today than it was when they wrote the rules?

And since you can't change the rules because "that's how it has been since forever", how come they have experimented with other rules and changed them? Remember Golden goal?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »

I agree with Mandy and estebanf. Video replays will make it like Cricket, it'll just make it too mechanical. I wouldn't be against two additional refs behind the goals though. That will help with decisions like in the England game.

I don't see how it's so difficult to be allowed to look up at the screen for a second to see if a crucial goal was over the line or not. Surely it's common sense, it seems alien not to use it.

And yes it was a crucial goal, and I believe had it of gone into the second half 2 a piece, we had a good chance of clinching it.

Yes Germany was the better team in the second half and ran rings past us. But at the end of the second half I would say we was about equal, and just as Lampard scored that second goal, we was on fire.

Had that poor excuse for a linesman did his job and saw it was a goal, the second half may not have been so one sided.

It just gets me angry, especially since it wasn't even unclear whether it was over or not, it was over the line by miles.  rant

The thing is, teams should not be relying on one decision to make or break their game. You can argue that the Lampard decision would have made a difference, but I think it would have just been 4 - 2, the way they were playing.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »

nah cause when u are down u have to play a little more reckless, so if England are 2-2, maybe Germany don't score the additional goals.

There are lots of things I'd change, but I dont want to sound like the ignorant American who doesn't "Get" futbol"

Id change the clock and have it just simply stop on injuries,after goals are scored etc.. instead of just letting it tick tick tick and u having no idea how much time is left.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »

nah cause when u are down u have to play a little more reckless, so if England are 2-2, maybe Germany don't score the additional goals.

Nope I don't see it. One of England's worst World Cup teams against a young, in-form German side. They never would have won. They might have gotten away with it in the group stages but that's what the knock out round is about - separating the men from the boys. Anyway, this is sweet revenge for Germany for the 1966 final which England won 4 -2. A similar goal on the line was given in England's favour. Karma is a bitch.

Id change the clock and have it just simply stop on injuries,after goals are scored etc.. instead of just letting it tick tick tick and u having no idea how much time is left.

This is roughly how it is, except that the time keepers are the referee and the fourth official. If the clock was communicated to the fans and players like you suggest, it would make it worse, with people diving left and right to waste time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:09:52 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2010, 12:45:18 AM »

My main thing is though to have the replay only on a goal scoring situation.  That is it.  Like in playoff baseball.  It is only used on homeruns that are close to the pole or wall line and that's it.  If they were allowed to view that replay it wouldn't have taken but one short glance to say, "goooooal".  Bottom line we are a technological world now, embrace it.

That doesnt mean stopping the game every minute to review a foul......if there's a no goal, it take 30 seconds tops to review it.  Nuff said.  Better to embrace that.  Some of the horrible calls this year have absolutely warranted that.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:47:16 AM by Bill 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »

The game has changed whether you like it or not.

I don't think the people who wrote the rules could've imagined a game that is like what we have today.

Are you saying the game isn't faster today than it was when they wrote the rules?

And since you can't change the rules because "that's how it has been since forever", how come they have experimented with other rules and changed them? Remember Golden goal?

/jarmo

The fact the game became faster than it was when the rules were written does not have anything to do with anything in this discussion. All sports are faster today: rugby is faster, tennis is faster, basketball is faster, swimming is faster and all olympic games are faster... that's simple evolution

football is the most beautiful sport in the world. The whole world except USA and maybe Faroe Islands think this, and a violent technology introduction will do nothing but harming that unique thing football has. Some referee errors are historic, and people remember them through the pass of time, and that's something that makes football more attractive. The level of referees so far in the world cup was BRILLIANT, you just cant ask changing the rules because of two or three big errors. As long as referees have no favouritism for any of the teams, everything's cool. Mistakes can affect both teams equally.

Football games results are decided by human beings acts, and that includes referees. Referees are a part of the game, and if you kept track of this world cup, the most emotional and attractive games so far were the ones where there were some referees errors. England was horribly favoured in 1966's world cup by referees, in more than one match (Germany and Argentina, the most obvious ones), Argentina was favoured in 1986 against England, Germany was favoured in 1990 and none of these historical and amazing matches could have been the same with a fuckin' TV telling the referee what to decide.

I really REALLY suggest Mexico and England to stop crying and to put all the emphasys they spend in blaming the referees in playing better and more aggresive. Mexico remembered you need to ATTACK to win matches when they were 0-3. And England lost FOUR to 1... you cant cry and blame the referee when you were terribly massacred by your opponent

Leave microphones, TV's, helmets, ''hawk eyes'' to that boring and 95% dead time 5% action called american football.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01:17 AM »

All you armchair critics who want to change the rules are missing the point of the game...

Fuck 'Em All.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2010, 02:53:10 AM »

i think there are two points on this thing, first Mexico and England deserved to lose, im from Mexico and i think people has to be a good sport and accept the other team was better.  i hate when players strat fighting and arguing after the match like Mexico did today.

and the other thing its the point of Fifa not accepting new rules to make the game more accurate, the easier thing in my opinion its to have another referee watching the match in a tv and helping on important decisions like goals or offsides, it will be on the same instant, like in the game of Gremany vs England, in one second he would have given a signal that it was a valid goal,because if you see the tv is far mor easier, they would be conected with the main referee, only on big tournaments because i think Fifa its afraid of technology alienating not developed countries.

football has to be perfected, nobody is missing the point of the game because they are searching for a more acurrate ways of making the sport better.
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2010, 05:39:01 AM »

England was my 2nd favourite team in this World Cup.

But I like Germany very much, and they played so beautifully, that I can't even get sad for England's loss.

Now, Argentina x Germany. THAT's a game I won't miss for ANYTHING in the world! beer beer beer

It's pretty much impossible to predict the winner for that one.

Argentina : Germany will be a thrill...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:39 AM »

Again, we don't need any extra referees or goal cameras.. we just need three professional referees and that's all. If we really don't have them in the biggest football tournament, maybe the goal cameras are the only solution then. But what will be after that.. two minute penalties for minor fouls..? Maybe they should play on ice with skates so the game would be faster..? Or how about checking every foul and offside from the screen just to be sure..? Oh now I know! 3 points if you score from outside the penalty box!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2010, 08:36:53 AM »

Again, we don't need any extra referees or goal cameras.. we just need three professional referees and that's all.

Referees are under just as much pressure as the players and the coaches on the World Cup stage. What is a 'professional' referee in your opinion? One that does not make mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes, especially when you have only a split second to take a decision.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »

We can discuss this rules thing fro ages. Referees mistakes sometimes go against you and sometimes the opposite... Just stop criying and try to play well and score goals.

England has been playing HORRIBLE during all the WC and Germany was giving them a nice lesson.

And Mexico payed their poor efficency to score agains Argentina.

Charly Tevez man of the match!!!

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:37 AM »

Again, we don't need any extra referees or goal cameras.. we just need three professional referees and that's all.

Referees are under just as much pressure as the players and the coaches on the World Cup stage. What is a 'professional' referee in your opinion? One that does not make mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes, especially when you have only a split second to take a decision.

True, but in my opinion some of these referees are not experienced enough to be in this tournament.. they haven't been in the "big games" long enough yet. And can you seriously say that all the referees have been good enough in this tournament? Argentinas first goal yesterday? England no goal? USA no goals? It's not about flagging an offside wrong or doing a minor mistake here or there.. these were major mistakes and in football one goal means so much, especially at the knock-outs. It's true that the refs only have like a second to make the decision and they have to do it like they think is right. But hey, at least the England no goal was so clearly a goal that a professional referee should have seen it. Seriously.

After thinking about this, maybe a "goal referee" would not be that bad. Standing behind the goal with a flag or something. That way the game wouldn't be slowed down and there's no need for a video checking.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: