Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:32:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  American Bashing
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: American Bashing  (Read 6442 times)
amac
Opening Act

« on: December 02, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »

First of all, hello this is my first time posting here. I have followed the forums for years, as they have been a great source for news, and its great to see a collection of GNR fans like myself!

I just want to say that its rather upsetting to see some of the things that have been said in response to American fans wanting a tour. Believe me, I agree that Americans come across as extremely arrogant, and think they are the best, ect ect. But I just want to say that we are not all like that.

There are some fans that love the band, and don't whine about the set list, or anything else. We are just fans, and to say that Americans in general don't deserve a tour isn't really fair.

I bought chinese democracy they morning it went on sale, and I bought the vinal copy as well. I also went to the show in Cleveland in 2006, and LOVED it! I would like to be able to experience that again.

I don't have a problem with the rest of the world getting to see them first, as a matter of fact, I am happy that they get to experience guns n roses live, because its an awesome experience! I do however, hope that I get the chance to see them as well, and I think thats what alot of the fans are saying.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »

I completely agree with this. I was a little young to be able to see the band back in the early 1990's, but was lucky enough to catch them in Cleveland back in 2002, and Hammerstein in NYC as well as Baltimore in 2006. It can be frustrating waiting for them to come back, and everytime another tour is announced I do get a little bummed knowing that any US tour is even further away.

However, I have been able to see them 3 times, and was blown away all 3 times. All three concerts were some of the best experiences I have ever had. I try to remind my self that some of the places the band is hitting now are home to an entire generation of fans that have not been able to see them once, let alone 3 times. They deserve their first shows more than I deserve a 4th.

They will be back in the US eventually, hopefully next fall. I can wait knowing that they are at least out there playing again.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »

Being a US resident who loves me some GNR, I can see why the comments were made but I can see how some were offended.

I think the biggest thing to take away is that the perception is that US fans are more negative because there has been a vocal majority doing so. As the original poster said, he's a big fan but has been lurking for years. For whatever reason that seems to happen. Alot of us who are positive seem to get tired of battling with people who are always negative or don't bother in the first place. So that's where the "majority" perception comes from.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »

Being a US resident who loves me some GNR, I can see why the comments were made but I can see how some were offended.

Being a S American resident who loves GNR, I see a lot of racist comments.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »

Wow! Seriously? I guess I haven't looked close enough or maybe they got deleted but I can't remember seeing anything racist on here.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »

Wow! Seriously? I guess I haven't looked close enough or maybe they got deleted but I can't remember seeing anything racist on here.
you're not looking hard enough, jarmo's always saying i'm Swedish as if it's a bad thing
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

Talk about over-reacting, misinterpreting and/or taking something out of context.  Roll Eyes

Jarmo has explained over and over what he meant when he gave his opinion in the thread about ticket sales.

From what little I know about Jarmo, I would bet if you asked him if he could see only one GNR show but it could be anywhere of his choosing in the entire world, he would pick a venue in the USA.

Hell, if it was up to Jarmo, he'd have them doing the show ON the Brooklyn Bridge!!!  hihi

No, I'm trying to make the silent supportive fans understand that the behavior they might see from certain fans isn't necessarily the norm.

The negative minority doesn't have to be the most vocal group.... That can be fixed.

and for anyone questioning the US' love of GnR....should we total up all the ticket sales this decade where GnR was actually a headliner? i think if we did, suddenly the US' support for this band looks a little stronger than many of you like to portray. also, that 5 million in record sales figure...i believe 1/5 of that is from the US alone.

Once again, somebody took what I said personally.

No matter how many times I explain it, it doesn't fucking register.

"You said something bad about USA! How dare you!".

Yes, the USA is a huge market, yes there are real GN'R fans in the USA, no not everybody is a whiner who knows what's best for GN'R.

And since some of you like to read what I post so you can make comments elsewhere, I have a surprise for you. Yes, I do have a mind of my own!

Surprise!

If I say something it's my opinion. Otherwise I would say so. Fucking conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Did I say the USA don't deserve a tour? No I didn't.

That would be moronic.

The fact that what I said gets this kind of reaction kinda proves my point. People don't like being called out on the shit they do.

Can you seriously say that since the last US tour, some people haven't been focusing on the "half filled arenas" instead of focusing how fucking awesome the shows were?

A short version of what I've said for those who might not have time to read it all:

I don't hate the USA.

I don't think all US GN'R fans are whiners.

I hope the USA gets a GN'R tour.

People should understand that negativity and whining isn't constructive.

My posts are my opinions and my points of view, nobody else's unless it specifically says so.

Do I think other countries seem more enthusiastic about GN'R or rock concerts in general? Yeah, that's how it looks to me. If that offends you as an American, I'm sorry.

If it makes no sense to me how you're whining about a setlist for a show from a band, that's supposed to be your favorite band, and especially if you don't even get the chance to see the band on tour every year, I'm sorry.

/jarmo

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 03:11:23 PM »

Thanks for posting.

It's amazing how people who love me so much take something I said so out of context. How is that possible?

I would expect my biggest fans to know me better than this.... After all, these are the people who know me the best. They know what I mean, what I really say, who told me to say what I say and so on.

I can't keep any secrets from these people. It's kinda scary how well they know me!

/jarmo

PS The above post is filled with sarcasm. Just a FYI before somebody takes that and twists it around.

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »

Thats (IMO) also how Axl feels when his words are twisted like a Chinese nipple (nop that wasnt meant as negative to the Chinese people)

Here Today..
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 03:43:01 PM »

I can't keep any secrets from these people.

/jarmo

What do you mean these people?

Wink

On topic, I can see how some Americans may be upset. Living in CA myself, I would love for GN'R to start their tour in LA and such. However, in this day and age, no matter what they do it will not live up to expectations. I can't speak for other countries but it seems that they are atleast focused more on the music than the image and Axl's personal life. By playing out of country, they are giving more fans a chance to see them while also building steam for whatever lies ahead. When reviews come out that Guns kicked ass in S.A, people here might get excited as well. I think that this is a very good choice for them, and as we all know, GN'F'R does whatever the fuck they want.  beer
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:01:52 PM »

First of all, hello this is my first time posting here. I have followed the forums for years, as they have been a great source for news, and its great to see a collection of GNR fans like myself!

I just want to say that its rather upsetting to see some of the things that have been said in response to American fans wanting a tour. Believe me, I agree that Americans come across as extremely arrogant, and think they are the best, ect ect. But I just want to say that we are not all like that.

There are some fans that love the band, and don't whine about the set list, or anything else. We are just fans, and to say that Americans in general don't deserve a tour isn't really fair.

I bought chinese democracy they morning it went on sale, and I bought the vinal copy as well. I also went to the show in Cleveland in 2006, and LOVED it! I would like to be able to experience that again.

I don't have a problem with the rest of the world getting to see them first, as a matter of fact, I am happy that they get to experience guns n roses live, because its an awesome experience! I do however, hope that I get the chance to see them as well, and I think thats what alot of the fans are saying.

welcome! I was at that show also, it rocked.  Look, only on this message board is it considered "whining" if heavens forbid you dont agree with everything axl does.  Thats a bunch of BS!  As a fan of ANY band, sports team, etc we have the right to talk about what we want.  if i go to a show, i enjoy it.  But if the band comes back a few years later, so what if i say i want to hear new songs.  Any fan of any band wants to hear new music.  Its not whining.  If it was up to me, i would want them to play every song.  I am a fan.  So yea, mix things up axl!.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »

GnR are an American band that happens to be popular worldwide. This is not a band like MR.BIG who hasn't been popular here in about 20 years,yet still continues to do large shows in Japan. Of course GnR is going to tour the states. The only question is will it be headlining shows,co-headlining,or something like OZZFEST?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »

I  think that in USA most love GNR, the minority is always criticizing and who sees everything negatively, in short, world those people are the minority obsessive

ok
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:23:52 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »

Certain people come here, start shit, get banned and then make it to be about me. That's how it is.

No "Internet tough guy" likes to face the consequences of the "tough guy" act. So when they get banned, I'm the idiot. It's never them, always me. And when you have a few of them agreeing that I'm the problem, they must be right!

Some of them even say they don't care if I ban them. But then you see them play the victim.. Happens too often.

I've been told "you're not in the band" among other things, but looking at some threads, it's almost like I am!   Wink

Some people really seem to enjoy talking about me. It's kinda flattering! When people would rather talk about me than GN'R, that has to be a compliment!   rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »

This is the Jarmo forum, right?

Huh

Also, I didn't realize people were wondering whether or not GN'R would tour the states. Of course they will! This is like in 06 when people were worried that they'd only play Europe, and sure enough, we soon got an onslaught of US dates. All in due time  beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 11:59:20 PM »

Guns N Roses are an American band, Im sure they will tour the the states at some point on this tour(isnt that common sense?)... so Im not concerned about it.  I have seen them 6 times over the last 2 tours here, let the other countries enjoy some shows.  Those who bitch will look for any reason to bitch no matter what happens.  GNR could play a show in their neighbors backyard and they will bitch that it wasnt  in their own backyard and they had to walk next door to see them..
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »

I don't recall any racism..Americans bitching about the set lists? Really? I'm sure there have been people from all parts of the world bitching about it..Personally I love the set lsit!! Sure it's a bit AFD heavy, but I love those songs..By playing too many "obscure" songs they would alienate most of the crowd..I find it exciting when they add a jewel like Down on the Farm or Think About You to the set..
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 01:05:21 AM »

I think some Americans - of course not all - are arrogant and whiners. They want all for themselves and envy the others, even when there's nothing to envy. They give a really bad image of your country. But Americans have nothing to complain about, except the wait. There are other places Guns hasn't visited in the 2006/07 leg of the tour and it's only fair that they see Guns first.

First of all, I assume they wanted to start in Asia because it's the real "Chinese Democracy" tour. The one after the record has been finally released. They couldn't do China, so they're starting in Taiwan. Then strategically (because it makes no sense to travel across the globe with tons of concert gear just for one concert) they are doing the other Asia concerts too. Canada seems to be what was economically more viable since it's one hell of a good market for Guns. Then finally they're hitting South America, who deserved it, because SA has been left out of the last tour(s).

Tell me what do Americans have to complain about? Axl or Guns never said they disliked the U.S. This is all made-up speculation from the forumers. It has no basis. Last tour, USA got more than 20 GnR concerts, right? How's that not liking and honoring USA? I mean, South America (where I am) is bigger than the U.S and has a lot more GnR fans but yet all we are getting is - rumored to be - 9 dates. And after 9 years since they last played around here! Isn't that unfair to South Americans? But do you see us whining? Do you see us demanding that GnR should've come here first because "we love them best" or bitching that we deserved a full 6 months tour? Do you see us twisting our noses to the one month of tour announced for us? No! But some Americans are complaining that their country, which is only one country not a whole continent, is not getting to see GnR first or second. As if it was an outrage, a big offense... I don't get these specific people. And I think a lot of foreigners in the forums don't get it too and that's why there's the whole America bashing thing rolling.

You should actually be happy. You always get the most dates, and if Guns hits USA last this means the band will be tighter, Axl's voice will sound a lot better and the setlist will be fine tuned. I really wouldn't complain if I was in such a good, privileged situation!

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 03:59:04 AM »

Yeah, and some people use the terms racist or racism extremely too much!   : / 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:43:30 AM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 06:16:16 AM »

Tell me what do Americans have to complain about? Axl or Guns never said they disliked the U.S. This is all made-up speculation from the forumers. It has no basis.

Of course not.

It's based on the fact that I pointed out to those who kept whining about shit that now GN'R are starting the tour elsewhere, playing for people who don't seem to be so into the whole setlist whining thing.

The point was, GN'R is playing in Taiwan and South Korea for the first time. Do you think somebody who's never had the opportunity to see the band play live in their own country is going to start whining about the setlist before the tour has even started? Same thing about the Japanese fans. They were amazing in 2007.

It's also easy to forget that once you have a show to look forward to, it doesn't really matter what songs they play. You're gonna see your favorite band live on stage again. Your latest opportunity to see them live was over two years ago. Don't you think you have the wrong fucking focus if your biggest "concern" is the setlist?

That was the whole fucking point and somehow it was made out to be that I hate America and that I claimed US GN'R fans don't "deserve" any shows.

It's all done by people who have their own personal agendas against me.

This shit is nothing new. When I say something they don't agree with, it's "he was told to post that" and when I post something like a clarification, it's met with "what does he know".....

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: