Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Southamerican tour confirmed by gunsnroses.com for march/april!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southamerican tour confirmed by gunsnroses.com for march/april!  (Read 400174 times)
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2009, 08:39:12 PM »

Hey, i don't want to be the weird guy, i really loved the "Brazillian 5 dates tour" but

IF it's true, it's a SHAME don't have ANY show in the north of Brazil.

Brazil is a continental country and there big cities in the north region here (Recife, Salvador, Manaus) that are forgotten by the promoters/GN'R.

Edit: As you can see below, the only regions GN'R are playing: Sul, Sudeste, Centro-Oeste.
Norte and Nordeste are out. It was really badly chosen the cities.

lol Nice geography class. Now back to the XXI century, how about taking a plane,bus or sth ? They don't book shows based on geography.They don't book shows based on where ChristianGNR may live either.Promoters are Brazilian.They know what they're doing.
Moreover,some ppl went all their way to Asia to see GNR and I haven't seen them complaining promoters didn't pick venues near their fav cricket  practice pitch
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:40:44 PM by NiGhTrAiN? » Logged
Christian
VIP

« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »

If Im not wrong, the 5 alleged cities are 1 to 5 in the top 5 most important cities in Brazil... The band CANT play EVERYwhere.

Brasilia is the capital of Brasil, yeah, right, but it's not so important as Recife or Salvador (and those 2 has bigger populations)

Belo Horizonte is near Rio de Janeiro, that is near Sao Paulo.

And yes, they couldn't play everywhere, but they are doin' 13 dates on Canad? and i suppose they are very well chosen cities there.

Don't worry, i'm not blaming the band and i'm happy, i'm just thinking about the big numbers of fans that don't have the conditions to travel or pay to see their favorite band

alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »

If Im not wrong, the 5 alleged cities are 1 to 5 in the top 5 most important cities in Brazil... The band CANT play EVERYwhere.

Brasilia is the capital of Brasil, yeah, right, but it's not so important as Recife or Salvador (and those 2 has bigger populations)

Agreed! They could play at least one show here in the northeast. But I don't really care right now. We're gonna rock it anyway!
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »

I hope it's true

//JK
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2009, 04:40:33 AM »

lol Nice geography class. Now back to the XXI century, how about taking a plane,bus or sth ? They don't book shows based on geography.They don't book shows based on where ChristianGNR may live either.Promoters are Brazilian.They know what they're doing.
No, they don't. It's fairly known how neglected the north and northeast are by those promoters.

And yes, it should be based on geography. There's gigs in BH, SP and Rio and zero for all the fans from two whole areas. Not everybody can afford to buy ticket planes, hotel fees and whatever to make it to SP.

To be fair, I think the promoters in this regions also should try harder. I just hope there's still more dates to come (even if I'm not able to make it there, as I'm living in SP).

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2009, 05:27:27 AM »

Let me get this straight... For years it's been "when are they coming to Brazil?" and now they got multiple shows scheduled there and it's suddenly "why aren't they playing in my home town/state?"?

FYI, GN'R isn't playing every Canadian city either. They didn't play all over Japan etc.

You could've ended up with one show in Rio or something but you got more than that. Still we see some complaining... Unbelievable.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2009, 05:31:41 AM »

Just making it clear to our non-brazilian friends @ HTGTH

MID WEST (Centro Oeste)
Brasilia - Distrito Federal (DF) = Brazilian Capital - Population: 2.383.784+

SOUTHEAST (Sudeste)
Belo Horizinte - Minas Gerais (MG) - Population: 2.412.937+
S?o Paulo - SP - Population: 11.016.703+ (biggest city in latin america)
Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Population: 6.136.652+

SOUTH (Sul)
Porto Alegre - Rio Grande do Sul (RS) - Population: 1.440.939+

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2009, 06:10:11 AM »

Let me get this straight... For years it's been "when are they coming to Brazil?" and now they got multiple shows scheduled there and it's suddenly "why aren't they playing in my home town/state?"?

FYI, GN'R isn't playing every Canadian city either. They didn't play all over Japan etc.

You could've ended up with one show in Rio or something but you got more than that. Still we see some complaining... Unbelievable.

/jarmo

I agree with Jarmo.

C'mon, people, we should be thankful that they're playing FIVE dates/places in our country. I bet you that no other country in South America will get as much as 3 gigs.

By the way, I'm from Porto Alegre. When I saw them in RIR3 I took a bus and spent a day and half travelling to see the concert.
Now I'm living in Australia, and I'm already booking my plane tickets just to go and see them in Porto Alegre (I mean, if I DON'T see them at my city I'll never be able to forgive myself) and then coming back to Sydney. And believe me, I'm not swimming in a pool of money. But this is a sacrifice worth doing.

And I'm sure that if I can't take a plane and travel around the world just to see them, I'm pretty sure someone from the North or Northeast can take a plane or a bus to see them as well. It just depends on how much do you wanna see them perform.

All I know is that I'm gonna be at the Porto Alegre gig - and will probably be at Sao Paulo or Rio gigs as well - wearing my kilt and my red bandanna. And having a fucking amazing time.

: : Vicente : :
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:13:34 AM by vicente » Logged

"all that anger, all that anger"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2009, 07:40:56 AM »

No, not really. I am thankful they will come and play in the city I live right now (São Paulo), I just think the promoters (I'm not blaming the band) could have think about other people in a country as large as Brazil.

Not fair. I'm not complaining about lack of more dates (even tho that would be awesome, as I said previously), but rather the usual trend to book the biggest shows in several states of the southe-east and nothing on north and north-east. Again, this is not a thing with the band, but rather the promoters.

But anyways, I'll try to go to the Rio gig. Not sure yet because I'd have to ask for a free monday to be able to get back to São Paulo after the show... Does anyone knows where would the Rio gig take place?

NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

No, they don't. It's fairly known how neglected the north and northeast are by those promoters.

And yes, it should be based on geography. There's gigs in BH, SP and Rio and zero for all the fans from two whole areas. Not everybody can afford to buy ticket planes, hotel fees and whatever to make it to SP.

To be fair, I think the promoters in this regions also should try harder. I just hope there's still more dates to come (even if I'm not able to make it there, as I'm living in SP).

Ppl who can't afford travelling to see a gig aren't exactly their target audience. That is  if you understand the difference between business and charity as harsh as this may sound.Again, this has nothing to do with GnR.
Don't get me wrong I'm not taking sides but everyone knows where the money is and where promoters usually focus their energy.If it hasn't worked out in the north it is because nobody showed interest in putting their money where their mouth is.GIGs usually don't pay for themselves ( at least here in Brazil) and there's USUALLY someone sponsoring it and taking responsability/liability for it.If It is a success, they make the cash.If not, the band has already been paid and it isn't their business.Why do you think they hire promoters anyway?
Ask yourself why the Bras?lia GIG is happening.Is it because the area is core business to this kind of event or someone with big bucks is paying for it?
That aside the fact that if you're a truly diehard GnR fan that'd be a minor obstable. For instance, by the time of RRIII a few friends took off on a bus and rode for over 800km to see GnR and slept in a bus station because they couldn't afford a hotel.The obvious conclusion to this would be for me to say that I was one of them and anyone who is a diehard fan would do it. Actually I chose to stay at home and sat around and watched it on TV because I thought it was too much hassle and didn't have the money for a hotel either.
So, you're in SP huh Welcome to the jungle, bitch lol Let's hook up for the GIG. I'm in Morumbi  \,,/
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2009, 07:53:28 AM »

Oh My God .....

I went in 2001 and now for sure I will in 2010 !!!!!!! Nine years later, and Axl is better than ever!

I remember being there and "This is a new song, and called Madagascar"

Beta translating very very cool! Axl spoke the words and it does not reflect rsrsrsrsrsss

PS: My English is not very good rsrsr.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2009, 07:56:32 AM »

/jarmo
Did you really read my message? I said that i'm not blaming the band, i'm just saying it's a shame GNR won't play in the north and northeast.

And yes, they won't play in every Canadian city, but i'm pretty sure they'll play in very good located cities, tryin' to be at a lot different regions on the whole country, so people who lives near can go to the show without payin' a lot of money.

I'm not sad about GN'R coming to Brazil... and will be @ Belo Horizonte gig.

Peace  peace
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:59:02 AM by ChristianGNR » Logged
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2009, 07:56:48 AM »

No, not really. I am thankful they will come and play in the city I live right now (S?o Paulo), I just think the promoters (I'm not blaming the band) could have think about other people in a country as large as Brazil.

Not fair. I'm not complaining about lack of more dates (even tho that would be awesome, as I said previously), but rather the usual trend to book the biggest shows in several states of the southe-east and nothing on north and north-east. Again, this is not a thing with the band, but rather the promoters.

But anyways, I'll try to go to the Rio gig. Not sure yet because I'd have to ask for a free monday to be able to get back to S?o Paulo after the show... Does anyone knows where would the Rio gig take place?

Confirmation on the venues are still pending according to CredicardEshow Twitter / Facebook. I'd guess if they're going for small venues it would be Credicard Hall RJ but you never know ... they could also go for big stadiums considering how much of a success previous GnR gigs have been in Rio.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2009, 08:00:45 AM »

Ppl who can't afford travelling to see a gig aren't exactly their target audience. That is  if you understand the difference between business and charity as harsh as this may sound.Again, this has nothing to do with GnR.
Don't get me wrong I'm not taking sides but everyone knows where the money is and where promoters usually focus their energy.If it hasn't worked out in the north it is because nobody showed interest in putting their money where their mouth is.GIGs usually don't pay for themselves ( at least here in Brazil) and there's USUALLY someone sponsoring it and taking responsability/liability for it.If It is a success, they make the cash.If not, the band has already been paid and it isn't their business.Why do you think they hire promoters anyway?
I understand and agree. But I just think those promoters who doesn't have faith to recash up on north/north-east should think again. I'm pretty sure they would get tons because there is a demand there. I lived there, I know how it works.

Ask yourself why the Bras?lia GIG is happening.Is it because the area is core business to this kind of event or someone with big bucks is paying for it?
That aside the fact that if you're a truly diehard GnR fan that'd be a minor obstable. For instance, by the time of RRIII a few friends took off on a bus and rode for over 800km to see GnR and slept in a bus station because they couldn't afford a hotel.The obvious conclusion to this would be for me to say that I was one of them and anyone who is a diehard fan would do it. Actually I chose to stay at home and sat around and watched it on TV because I thought it was too much hassle and didn't have the money for a hotel either.
I was also fucked up and had several problems back then (included some people screwing me up in the last hour).

So, you're in SP huh Welcome to the jungle, bitch lol Let's hook up for the GIG. I'm in Morumbi  \,,/
Unfortunately for my everyday sake, I work in Morumbi, not so far from the stadium. I'm still not sure it will be there, tho.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »

what does "rsrsrsrsrsss"mean?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #275 on: December 23, 2009, 08:06:34 AM »

what does "rsrsrsrsrsss"mean?
Something like "hahahaha" or "lol". It a short for "risos" which means "laugh".

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2009, 08:11:51 AM »

And yes, they won't play in every Canadian city, but i'm pretty sure they'll play in very good located cities, tryin' to be at a lot different regions on the whole country, so people who lives near can go to the show without payin' a lot of money.

Vancouver to Calgary, 11 hr drive.

Very close indeed.....  Tongue

You need to realize that promoters aren't interested in losing money.

If there's no market for big rock shows in northern Brazil, they won't book shows there.

How many shows does Metallica have scheduled in Brazil? Three!

AC/DC played one show in Brazil.

Just to put things in perspective for all you "unhappy" people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »

GNR is playing in 5 different cities in Brazil.

You wanna bet how many cities will they be playing here in Argentina? 1.

And our country is, from south to north, almost as long as yours.

I would love to see GNR in Cordoba, Rosario, Santa Fe, Mar Del Plata, etc. but there are SEVERAL big reasons for bands to choose ONLY Buenos Aires.

And if you cant make a trip inside your own country, sorry to be this cruel, but you're not GNR's target audience nor any other big band.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »

I'm not unhappy at all.

How many shows does Metallica have scheduled in Brazil? Three!

AC/DC played one show in Brazil.
That's what I meant when talked about "trend". It's a cultural (and far too old) thing with the north and north-east.

Christian
VIP

« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »

Just to put things in perspective for all you "unhappy" people.

/jarmo
The "unhappy people", as you called, are fans of the same band that you are. They love the band just like you.

And yes, i'm really sad for them, they just can't go and travel with the band like you

Ah, just to clarify:
I'M FUCKING REALLY HAPPY THEY'RE COMING TO BRAZIL! GN'R ARE MY FAVORITE BAND AND WILL FINALLY SEE THEM LIVE
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:39:35 AM by ChristianGNR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: