Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 09:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Southamerican tour confirmed by gunsnroses.com for march/april!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southamerican tour confirmed by gunsnroses.com for march/april!  (Read 400505 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1340 on: February 26, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »

Link:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7043223.ece

Seems some bad shits going down in Rio, though this is the first I've heard of this -- maybe this is is an everyday occurrence? But, be careful everyone that's going!

Yeah, I saw that on the newspaper yesterday.

Nothing that the band should worry about.

That thing happens every weekend or so, in an area surrounded by favelas, a very poor area of the city, I must add. The band and the crew won't get anywhere near that. I personally hadn't heard about it until it was on the news yesterday, and it seems it's been going on for a while now.

On that very same link, I found this comment, which just says it all, I couldn't explain it any better:

This is rubish. Yes there are problem areas and yes these problem areas are larger than in other world cities, but I was there last year and had the most amazing time, met the most genuine people and never felt unsafe. Where ever it is that you live in the world today, there are bound to be bad neighbourhoods, where you wouldn't go even during the daytime, so just be a world citizen and make sure you knowwhich areas are safe and which are not.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:12:02 PM by Mandy. » Logged
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1341 on: February 26, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »

Link:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7043223.ece

Seems some bad shits going down in Rio, though this is the first I've heard of this -- maybe this is is an everyday occurrence? But, be careful everyone that's going!

As Mandy said, this specific scene happens often only on certain regions of the city, but nowhere near the places the band will visit around here.

Even thought the Apoteose Square is surrounded by, what, 3 violent slums? I don't think anyone attending to the show is in any kind of danger...you just have to know where you're going and where to avoid going, never walk around by yourself at night and all these precautions you must take when you're in a big city.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1342 on: February 26, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »

a teenager with a rifle equipped with a telescopic sight... scary... but not as scary as the River Plate stadium will be with the first Chinese Democracy opening chords  peace

anyway... i think I'll have to dodge the Rio favelas. I need my body to be alive until the 20th of march   peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #1343 on: February 26, 2010, 09:08:09 PM »

Parque Jaime Duque

Exactly, where play GN'R ?

Huh

Right there!
The venue "Parque Simon Bolivar" had a lot of problems related with permissions and other unmentioned things by the promoter, so they had to change the venue to "Parque Jaime Duque" outside Bogota.

That is actually good news... that venue is 10 times better than the Bogot? Coliseum, el Campin

//JK
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1344 on: February 26, 2010, 09:13:05 PM »

a teenager with a rifle equipped with a telescopic sight... scary...

That's the city hosting the 2014's world cup and 2016's olympic games! I'm so proud!!  Roll Eyes
I don't wanna turn this into a sociological and political discussion, please...

but not as scary as the River Plate stadium will be with the first Chinese Democracy opening chords  peace

Now THAT'S a scary sight! The argentinians are CRAZY!  beer

anyway... i think I'll have to dodge the Rio favelas. I need my body to be alive until the 20th of march   peace

Take a cab back to your hotel/friend's house right after the show ends, don't walk around there after the show and you'll be fine.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1345 on: February 26, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »

a teenager with a rifle equipped with a telescopic sight... scary...

That's the city hosting the 2014's world cup and 2016's olympic games! I'm so proud!!  Roll Eyes
I don't wanna turn this into a sociological and political discussion, please...

Yes. Because that's where all the athletes will stay at: the favelas.

Roll Eyes

Don't forget Rio was also the city hosting the Pan-American games in 2007. If you don't want to turn this into a political discussion, then let it go. Because I can argue about that all day. (But I won't, of course. Not here...)
ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

C'mon guys, the picture shows some places of Rio de Janeiro, not the whole RJ !!

If you know where you are going, you'll not have problems like these.

And don't forget, if here we have drug dealers, and 'drug soldiers', outsite have terrorism, gangs and another kind of things...

RJ is safe if u know where u're going !
I always know where I'm going and I don't have these kind of problems !

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2010, 09:43:14 PM »

Was just bringing up an article I saw, unless you live there of have done research on this, you probably wouldn't know -- as is the case with me.
ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »

Who is coming to Rio ?
the fans are arranging to meet in a bar near to the local of the show.

We're going to be 11 am at the Est?cio Station (Metro/Subway), if you want, you can talk to me or Mandy and ask about it ! After that we're going to the bar near to Apoteose, to drink soda ou beers, smoke some cigars, and talk about of different things !

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1349 on: February 26, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

Who is coming to Rio ?

We're going to be 11 am at the Est?cio Station (Metro/Subway), if you want, you can talk to me or Mandy and ask about it ! After that we're going to the bar near to Apoteose, to drink soda ou beers, smoke some cigars, and talk about of different things !

Me? nervous
I don't know about any meetings in Rio, and I don't even know where Est?cio Station is!

But if people do meet up, I'd be more than glad to show up. Where is it gonna be?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1350 on: February 26, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »

Who is coming to Rio ?

Me? nervous
I don't know about any meetings in Rio, and I don't even know where Est?cio Station is!

But if people do meet up, I'd be more than glad to show up. Where is it gonna be?

In that bad place of Rio. On the way you can all ride on motorcycles toting machine guns!
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #1351 on: February 26, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »

Porto Alegre SOLD out concert has the venue changed! Due to big search for tickets and for mega-stage 

Source

Due to the huge stage and the mega structure of it, and also for the big search for tickets, the venue for the Porto Alegre concert, that is SOLD OUT, was changed by T4F.
Now it will happend in the Fiergs Park, and more tickets we be avaiable!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1352 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:17 PM »

Who is coming to Rio ?

Me? nervous

In that bad place of Rio. On the way you can all ride on motorcycles toting machine guns!

Yeah, but there won't be any trouble, they're all my pals.

Manets, that's great news!!! Cheesy Cheesy
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1353 on: February 26, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »

Take a cab back to your hotel/friend's house right after the show ends, don't walk around there after the show and you'll be fine.

Thank you very much for the advise, but anyway...trust me i know what insecurity is: i live in Argentina.

Im EXTREMELY happy to know Rio will be hosting the next world cup after southafrica and the olympic games. I will try to attend both (count me in for sure for the World Cup... i have to see Messi holding the world cup for his SECOND time there closely peace )

me too. count me in, dont know ANYTHING about Rio and its places, but trust me i'll find you all and I'll give you some Fernet with Coca Cola to try  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1354 on: February 26, 2010, 10:16:08 PM »

Esteban and Mandy,

It's easy !

The Est?cio Station, I think everyone knows where it is.
So, I don't know where the Bar is, yet, but, I'll let you know in a couple of days !!

And, Someone's think that some ''drug soldiers'' would be nacive to a rocker group of maybe 40 people?
They're not crazy !

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1355 on: February 26, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »

estebanf

You live in Argentina, right ?

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1356 on: February 26, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »

Yes. Because that's where all the athletes will stay at: the favelas.

Roll Eyes

Don't forget Rio was also the city hosting the Pan-American games in 2007. If you don't want to turn this into a political discussion, then let it go. Because I can argue about that all day. (But I won't, of course. Not here...)

Nah, I'm not in the mood for that right now, I just read on G1 that someone got shot on the shoulder today when was on the train while there was a conflict between police and drug dealers going on...besides, here is not the right place to do it.

Oh, one thing I forgot to say: I realize that my previously comments might be frightening for those who don't know the city! That was not my point, the city is safe, if you're aware of where you're going to, but, as I said, that's the same for every big city in the world. Visitors: be cool! Here's not Iraq!  Tongue

(count me in for sure for the World Cup... i have to see Messi holding the world cup for his SECOND time there closely peace )

Hahaha! In your dreams!  hihi  peace
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:26:46 PM by Pinball Wizard » Logged

ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1357 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »

Pinball Wizard,

Where are u from ?

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #1358 on: February 26, 2010, 10:27:09 PM »

Pinball Wizard,

Where are u from ?

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, born and raised.

ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #1359 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »

Ok,
Can u stop to talking about tragedys?

Do u want that the people who do not live in RJ to take this ''vision'' ?
Why don't u talk about the great things that we have ?

Talk about CORCOVADO, P?O DE A??CAR, CRISTO REDENTRO, COPACANA BEACH, LEBLON BEACH, IPANEMA BEACH, MARACAN?, ENGENH?O who is the most modern Stadium of South America...

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: