Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 02:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to headline Download 2010?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to headline Download 2010?  (Read 29258 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2009, 08:42:53 AM »

Interesting poster on the frontpage of a Finnish metal festival. Now they don't say anything about a certain band, but the imagery tickles a bit. Friday and Saturady still need a headlining band...

http://www.sauna-open-air.fi/
Very interesting.  Looks like a GN'R logo, but none I've ever seen.

Ali

Seems like GNR will play Europe next year... peace

They could do stadium show here, or atleast few sold out arena shows, would be strange if they choose to play in crappy little festival (sauna open air) Tongue
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 08:44:45 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2009, 01:12:42 PM »

an open air sauna? strange place for rock concerts hihi
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »

Glastonbury is the only UK festival.

Oxegen? It's not in the UK, but it's been voted best festival in the whole of Europe and it's only over the shore in Ireland.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »

Glastonbury SUCKS

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2009, 05:21:09 PM »

Glastonbury SUCKS

Glastonbury does not suck. It is one of the oldest UK festivals.

I know the man who run Glast though, and I am not sure whether he would go with GN'R. Let's wait and see.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »

GNR would be a strange choice for Glastonbury - especially since U2 have been announced.

And yes, Glastonbury does not suck.

Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:49 AM »

It would be pretty spectacular if Guns could headline T In The Park, the best UK festival  ok

Playing both Glastonbury and T In The Park would be an awesome combination though. Definently would love to see them play a general UK music festival though rather than Download, theres too many punk kids determined to ruin the experience for others.
T In The Park and Glastonbury sell out instantly before the line ups have are even close to being announced because people are happy in the knowledge they will be entertained no matter who is playing and what songs they will hear.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »

Glastonbury SUCKS

Glastonbury does not suck. It is one of the oldest UK festivals.

I know the man who run Glast though, and I am not sure whether he would go with GN'R. Let's wait and see.

most of the bands certainly suck. it maybe the oldest UK festival but very recently its been very poor and very overrated

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:23 AM »

Oxegen? It's not in the UK, but it's been voted best festival in the whole of Europe and it's only over the shore in Ireland.

im Irish and i hated Oxegen the time i went.  Usually full of shit bands that i couldnt care for.  actually, i hate festivals in general lol.
I rather just go to a gig were i actually like the band playing.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »

GNR would be a strange choice for Glastonbury - especially since U2 have been announced.

Why??

Axl & Bono have played on stage together & most any radio station that plays one, plays the other
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

Just to clear a few things up.

1) Download isn't a metal festival. Never has been, probably never will be. The organisers call it a rock festival, which it is. The line-up has become more and more varied as the years go by. Just take a look at the mainstage headliners for the past four years: 2006- Tool, Metallica, GNR. 2007- My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Iron Maiden (Thursday headliner - Scumface) . 2008 - Kiss, The Offspring, Lostprophets. 2009- Faith No More, Slipknot, Def Leppard. I have a feeling GNR will fit in much better nowadays.

2) Axl was awesome in 2006. I was there and really enjoyed it. Granted it was my first (but not last) Guns N Roses live experience but I'm sticking by my opinion  Tongue

3) Someone raised a very good point regarding the condition of Donington Park. It is indeed basically a building site, however Download was moved from the actual racing circuit to just outside it in 2008. They've since moved it again to abolish the hellish walk of death but from what I heard (I wasn't there this year, first time since 2006 I've missed it) this year's positioning was much better.

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »

im Irish and i hated Oxegen the time i went.  Usually full of shit bands that i couldnt care for.  actually, i hate festivals in general lol.
I rather just go to a gig were i actually like the band playing.

Not a fan of festivals either, but Oxegen is still the best.

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:24 PM »

Why??

Axl & Bono have played on stage together & most any radio station that plays one, plays the other

Because Glastonbury usually has a range of genres for their headliners, unlike Download where it is a rock/metal festival.  Also, it would be rare for a band as big as GNR to headline more than 1 UK festival.  Usually it is written into a contract that they would not play another festival so that promoter has 'exclusive rights' to that live performance for that year.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »

For an outsider like myself, it definitely looks like Download is aimed more towards the metal/hard rock crowd than say Glastonbury, Reading etc...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2009, 03:17:19 PM »

For an outsider like myself, it definitely looks like Download is aimed more towards the metal/hard rock crowd than say Glastonbury, Reading etc...

/jarmo

when i saw GnR at leeds carling festival the line up was very much metal/rock

slipknot - offspring - prodigy - just to name a few........but i see your point about other festivals playing less rock

JAC185
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2009, 03:42:02 PM »

Another option in the UK if they do the festival circuit is Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park.

People give a shit about that thing?

Was Aerosmith's only gig in England in over a decade. They do tend to draw in big acts aswell because tickets are around 50 quid or so for a day from memory when I saw Aerosmith, and people tend to pay that for the calibre of the headliner they seem to draw anyway alongside the other bands the rest of the day. Although it is the ultimate middle class day out. Even moreso than V Festival.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

GNR playing Glastonbury just seems.... wrong. Tongue

I know they have bands and artist from different genres, but whenever I hear "Glastonbury" I can't help but hear "indie". Bleh.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

GNR playing Glastonbury just seems.... wrong. Tongue

I know they have bands and artist from different genres, but whenever I hear "Glastonbury" I can't help but hear "indie". Bleh.

Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, Neil Young, U2, The Who... Indie? Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »

when i saw GnR at leeds carling festival the line up was very much metal/rock

slipknot - offspring - prodigy - just to name a few........but i see your point about other festivals playing less rock

Maybe it's just me, but in your list I only see one true metalband and that's Slipnot.
Offspring is a popular rockband, but for me..I call them 'kiddie rock'...the kind of pseudo punk rock you like between your 14 and 20's..
prodigy? That's dance! (maybe they have a rock attitude...but the music is not)

I see Guns as (the best) hardrock band, not a 'metal' band; and I have the feeling they are much more appreciated by the rock/metal fans scene and so also in those kind of festivals, than by the more 'alternative / pop rock /...' scene
At least that's what I experience during my festival visits and with the people I know...
 peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2009, 04:12:15 PM »

I see Guns as (the best) hardrock band, not a 'metal' band; and I have the feeling they are much more appreciated by the rock/metal fans scene and so also in those kind of festivals, than by the more 'alternative / pop rock /...' scene
At least that's what I experience during my festival visits and with the people I know...
 peace

Good point.

But I wonder if that's still true with the Chinese Democracy material.

It just seems to me like the kind of album that would also appeal to people who don't listen to hard rock/metal.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: